PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/VMI Preview Up

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2007, 11:17 AM
What a week. It's backdated, but it's finally up. Look for my Patriot Picks later on today.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

carney2
September 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
A blowout. Let's get on to the Harvard game, one that I plan to attend and am looking forward to very much.

Go...gate
September 21st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Nice report. Glad you threw something in about VMI to the PL.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM

Thanks. Anyone else get the feeling that "VMI to the Patriot League is the "story that won't die?" ;) I only say this because when I posted VMI as a serious candidate to leave for the Patriot League from the Big South, their league hadn't won a NCAA men's basketball tournament game, they were stuck at five members and the league seemed in decline. Now, they've got Stony Brook with Presbyterian on the way, Winthrop pulled off an upset in the NCAA tournament, and all of a sudden they're a "hot conference".

I think they're still a good match for the PL, but I think the circumstances now make it less likely they'd join.

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM

Yes, he did mention however that VMI is private. Not sure if this was a typo but VMI just like The Citadel are both public institutions.

citdog
September 21st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, he did mention however that VMI is private. Not sure if this was a typo but VMI just like The Citadel are both public institutions.

the only difference being that VMI sucks, and we don't!

beat them 'roos BAD Lehigh!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2007, 04:02 PM
the only difference being that VMI sucks, and we don't!

beat them 'roos BAD Lehigh!

Thanks, I hope we do!!!

Question: do VMI and The Citadel require their graduates to have a service commitment after graduation, like Army and Navy?

citdog
September 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks, I hope we do!!!

Question: do VMI and The Citadel require their graduates to have a service commitment after graduation, like Army and Navy?

it's guaranteed to you if you want it but you don't have to take it.

BlueHen86
September 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM
I know my uncle went right into the Army and to Viet Nam soon after he graduated VMI in '69.

citdog
September 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM
I know my uncle went right into the Army and to Viet Nam soon after he graduated VMI in '69.

VMI SUCKS! IF HE HAD A PAIR HE WOULD HAVE COME TO THE CITADEL!xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

BlueHen86
September 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM
VMI SUCKS! IF HE HAD A PAIR HE WOULD HAVE COME TO THE CITADEL!xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex
My grandfathers family is from Wytheville Va. I've had relatives at VMI since the 1860's. One on the VMI cadets who died at the Battle of New Market is in my family tree.

citdog
September 21st, 2007, 04:44 PM
My grandfathers family is from Wytheville Va. I've had relatives at VMI since the 1860's. One on the VMI cadets who died at the Battle of New Market is in my family tree.

wtf happend to you then? i am a 4th gen The Citadel Man.

i got a ruling from the judges and they are telling me that.........

yes! VMI STILL SUCKS!

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks, I hope we do!!!

They have no offiicial commitment to serve in the armed forces. However in both schools a good portion of the cadets attend on some sort of ROTC scholarship or commitment, just as you would in a regular non-militray college. Those in the ROTC program ,ie recieving aid, are required to serve. I also understand even if you are not recieving ROTC scholarship money you can still enter the armed forces as an officer as the dog stated. Also you should Kill VMI they are pretty bad.

Go...gate
September 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM
it's guaranteed to you if you want it but you don't have to take it.

You mean in terms of a commission?

ngineer
September 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM

That wasn't exclusive to VMI and The Citadel in 1969...

citdog
September 22nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
You mean in terms of a commission?

correct