PDA

View Full Version : National Lampoons Sports Minite Or So.. Unleashes On Appalachian State

UNHWildCats
September 21st, 2007, 12:33 AM
http://soxanddawgs.com/?p=2230

Little bit funny.... a whole lotta disrespectful....

At first I thought it was the Sox blogger who did that, but it's just a thing he posts on his blog, I guess its some sort of syndicated thing. Here's where it originated...

http://minuteorso.com/

HensRock
September 21st, 2007, 01:13 AM
That's hilarious. He's so PISSED OFF that Michigan lost to App State that you can feel him sweating through every word!

GROW UP!

If Appy is so Crappy, What does that make Michigan?
xnonox

Appstate29
September 21st, 2007, 01:36 AM
definitely not funny, and I can make fun of my school a lot.

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2007, 01:38 AM
i would be honored if everyone checked out the comment from myself, ryan earnhardt, to this **** head.

T-Dog
September 21st, 2007, 01:43 AM
I know they believe its in good humor but I have a hard time believing it. He's being an ass plain and simple.

Appstate29
September 21st, 2007, 02:08 AM
we should stop or he might actually think people read his site on a regular basis.

th0m
September 21st, 2007, 06:33 AM
Couldn't even finish watching the vid. Too boring. Can I have those 2 minutes back from what I did watch?

I-AA Fan
September 21st, 2007, 07:09 AM
If Appy is so Crappy, What does that make Michigan?
xnonox

A really bad football team. Unfortunately, that will not be the case by season's end and they play "spoiler". Remember this. We also need to have a reality check of our own ...ASU fans are just as fanatical about the win ...heck here is another thread about the game & we are in week-4 already. With no disrespect intended to the Mountaineers ...UM was severely-dominated by a mid-level PAC-10 club the following week...time to move on to another title run. If you don't get it, the UM win will give you something to talk about until baseball.

ASU88
September 21st, 2007, 07:13 AM
I wonder what his GPA is (or was.)

Average GPA for incoming freshman at ASU is 3.73. I suspect he may be making fun of the intelligence of those smarter than he.

Kind of like making fun of the football team that ran up and down the field on his.

He really should have stopped for a moment and read that before loadingit up. Doesn't come off as humor so much as bitterness.

ASU
September 21st, 2007, 07:30 AM
It is really sad for the educational situation in Michigan if this is the best that they can turn out. I do not know whose answer is better, his or the young girl from South Carolina. I think the young girl from South Carolina's answer is better....at least she did not hear the question, and yet came up with a term that will be included in dictionaries from this point on...."U.S. Americans". (By the way, it has been reported endlessly that she had a 3.5 GPA in high school.)

If the mafia like base that set up a system over 20 years ago that gave unlimited scholarships (now capped at 85) to the college teams that planned to make all of the money from TV college sports; and capped the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly 1-AA) at 63; cannot beat every team they play with at least 22 more scholarships.....they whine. Ow wow is me! I get to live in a place filled with sluts, but you have to live in Boone, North Carolina (with fresh air, ski slopes galore, beautiful mountains, clean unfettered streams....yeah, really tough!) (How is that for a run on sentence.) (By the way, someone needs to sue the NCAA for bias in the way they set that up.)

Michigan probably lost to Appalachian State twice......the actual lose, and not being over the lose the next week against Oregon. They will forever be the butt of jokes.....Example: "What does it take to shock a Michigan football team?....... Answer: "One Double A"

bobbythekidd
September 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM
Michigan has won eleven national championships and your division isn’t even eligible to compete for one.Ooops:)

ASU88
September 21st, 2007, 08:01 AM
I get to live in a place filled with sluts, but you have to live in Boone, North Carolina (with fresh air, ski slopes galore, beautiful mountains, clean unfettered streams....yeah, really tough!)
That fool has never been to Boone. There is no shortage of beautiful women on THAT mountain.

HensRock
September 21st, 2007, 09:41 AM
That's hilarious. He's so PISSED OFF that Michigan lost to App State that you can feel him sweating through every word!

I didn't mean that his content was hilarious. It's his delivery. Pathetic might be a better word. You can tell he is SO worked up over this game that he is just steaming. He's grasping at straws - He's just throwing random punches because he actually has no valid excuse or defense for the loss. His world is ending! I love it!

THAT's what's hilarious.
Just a little bitter aren't we?

jbuggASU
September 21st, 2007, 09:57 AM
I took 6 guys to write that crap!?!?xlolx

HensRock
September 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM
I just left the following comment....

While I do not see the “humor” in the content of your diatribe, I do find the fact that you felt compelled attack Appalachian State on as many fronts as humanly possible, quite amusing - in a pathetic sort of way. It must seriously suck to be such a front-running, spoiled, wound-too-tight looser that your world is coming to an end because of a football game. And don’t tell me it isn’t. We can hear the panic and disbeleif in your voice in-between every word; “My God, Michigan just lost to a I-AA program!”.

If you have an open letter to App State fans, you might start by forgetting all of this other nonsense and try building an intelligent case for why you think Michigan is a better football team.

Oh wait… You can’t, because …..

YOU LOST!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

SoCon48
September 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
It just goes to show:
1. Just because someone is a writer doesn't mean they're not an idiot!
2. The UConn Huskies in his logo subtitle says it all!

SoCon48
September 21st, 2007, 10:05 AM
While I do not see the “humor” in the content of your diatribe, I do find the fact that you felt compelled attack Appalachian State on as many fronts as humanly possible, quite amusing - in a pathetic sort of way. It must seriously suck to be such a front-running, spoiled, wound-too-tight looser that your world is coming to an end because of a football game. And don’t tell me it isn’t. We can hear the panic and disbeleif in your voice in-between every word; “My God, Michigan just lost to a I-AA program!”.

If you have an open letter to App State fans, you might start by forgetting all of this other nonsense and try building an intelligent case for why you think Michigan is a better football team.

Oh wait… You can’t, because …..

YOU LOST!!!!!!

DAYUM!!!

Mountain Panther
September 21st, 2007, 10:05 AM
i would be honored if everyone checked out the comment from myself, ryan earnhardt, to this **** head.

xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
September 21st, 2007, 10:06 AM

And how many times did they show the same pictures over and over again?

SoCon48
September 21st, 2007, 10:25 AM

BTW, Thanks! I'll remember to take up for the Hens next time someone disses them.

th0m
September 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
I simply replied to one of his replies which started with this: "I've never been to Boone"

To which I kindly asked him to stop talking.

DuckDuckGriz
September 21st, 2007, 12:37 PM
A really bad football team. Unfortunately, that will not be the case by season's end and they play "spoiler". Remember this. We also need to have a reality check of our own ...ASU fans are just as fanatical about the win ...heck here is another thread about the game & we are in week-4 already. With no disrespect intended to the Mountaineers ...UM was severely-dominated by a mid-level PAC-10 club the following week...time to move on to another title run. If you don't get it, the UM win will give you something to talk about until baseball.

ACTUALLY, the Pac-10 ain't so bad this year and Oregon is now ranked 13th....

Carry on ... ;)

brownbear
September 21st, 2007, 01:05 PM
I like how he says, "Appalachian State is the number 1 team in I-AA, but that makes you the 121st best team in college football." I guess he forgot that the FBS pollsters picked App State as the 34th best team in division I this week, ahead of 87 FBS teams including Michigan.

ASU88
September 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
We also need to have a reality check of our own ...ASU fans are just as fanatical about the win ...heck here is another thread about the game & we are in week-4 already.

It should be noted that the most recent threads regarding App St were all started by fans of other teams.

Lafayette71
September 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM

A million monkeys at a million typewriters for a million years will eventually write war and peace....or six A---oles at 1 computer in their mothers basement for six hours will write six paragraphs of crap that will be forgotten in six minutes.

lizrdgizrd
September 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM
I think this was just an attempt at humor that missed the mark. I think there was one thing in there that made me chuckle and another that almost made me crack a smile. We all know they could have written a much better "humor" article if they'd just mined our smack threads a while. xnonono2x

SirApp
September 21st, 2007, 02:08 PM
ACTUALLY, the Pac-10 ain't so bad this year and Oregon is now ranked 13th....

Carry on ... ;)

Agreed, I think Oregon is completely underrated. They have so many weapons on offense. Also, they have USC and Cal coming to the Zoo this year. They could very well be Pac-10 champs this year.

SirApp
September 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM
I think this was just an attempt at humor that missed the mark. I think there was one thing in there that made me chuckle and another that almost made me crack a smile. We all know they could have written a much better "humor" article if they'd just mined our smack threads a while. xnonono2x

It was. He is a journalist and a comedian. It just wasn't very funny.

SoCon48
September 21st, 2007, 03:00 PM
It was. He is a journalist and a comedian. It just wasn't very funny.

Hell, you can find a better comedian at open mike night at the local Holiday Inn and a better journalist at the Podunk Weekly New.xrolleyesx

patssle
September 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Analyzing humor makes it not funny.

This if funny. Of course it is wrong in many areas...but its funny. Leave it at that.

DrG
September 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
That fool has never been to Boone. There is no shortage of beautiful women on THAT mountain.

As I duly noted when I was in Chatty. Very impressive!!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM
BTW, Thanks! I'll remember to take up for the Hens next time someone disses them.

The Hens Suck! :p

xsmiley_wix :D :D :D :D xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
September 21st, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hell, you can find a better comedian at open mike night at the local Holiday Inn and a better journalist at the Podunk Weekly New.xrolleyesx
It's so podunk they can't come up with 2 pieces of news. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 21st, 2007, 03:49 PM

This if funny. Of course it is wrong in many areas...but its funny. Leave it at that.
You must have burned out your humor receptors. xnonono2x

citdog
September 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM
loadingit up.

now THAT'S some authentic frontier gibberish!

SoCon48
September 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM

It already wasn't funny. Analyzing it didn't hurt a thing. That guy needs to find a career. One he is good at.xrolleyesx

SoCon48
September 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM
The Hens Suck! :p

xsmiley_wix :D :D :D :D xsmiley_wix

I can't think of anything right now, but I'll think about it for a while.
Oh, OK. I'm back. The JMU Duke looks like a cross dresser.xcoffeex

Maroons
September 21st, 2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't find it funny. On the other hand, when your nation of fans numbers in the millions, you're bound to have more than one total idiot.

SirApp
September 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM

Agreed.

Tod
September 21st, 2007, 05:11 PM
These things cease to be funny when it becomes nothing more than insults. Not funny at all, but in my reply I simply pointed out that FCS has an NCAA champion and the FBS does not.

ASUG8
September 21st, 2007, 05:42 PM
You know, I'm a new poster to this site, but I am absolutely completely impressed that those of you from other schools jump to our defense. I applaud you.
I think a lot of it hinges on the part that it's an affront not only on ASU, but on FCS as a whole. We might not always agree amongst ourselves within our division, but we don't allow anyone else to pick on us. Give yourselves a pat on the back compliments of me.
Also, being a lifelong NC resident, ASU undergrad and Wake Forest MBA, I'm always amused at some of the negative comments made by people who have never visited an the South. I know we have it good here with beaches and mountains, and that's good enough for me. I didn't marry my cousin, don't run moonshine, don't know duelin' banjos, and I take a shower once a week whether I need it or not. There are a lot of crappy areas in the country, but that doesn't mean I have to relegate to some geographical stereotype to get some incomprehensible point across (as the writer effectively did). From what I've read over the last couple of seasons, I've found this to be one of the most civil forums I've visited. Kudos to all!xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
September 21st, 2007, 06:01 PM
...and I take a shower once a week whether I need it or not.

You only shower once a week???

;) :p

Casey_Orourke
September 21st, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm afraid I got on a soapbox and ranted for a few minutes, but when supposed expert doesn't know what is and what isn't Division 1 football, makes me want to scream bloody murder.

Tod
September 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
You know, I'm a new poster to this site, but I am absolutely completely impressed that those of you from other schools jump to our defense. I applaud you.
I think a lot of it hinges on the part that it's an affront not only on ASU, but on FCS as a whole. We might not always agree amongst ourselves within our division, but we don't allow anyone else to pick on us. Give yourselves a pat on the back compliments of me.
Also, being a lifelong NC resident, ASU undergrad and Wake Forest MBA, I'm always amused at some of the negative comments made by people who have never visited an the South. I know we have it good here with beaches and mountains, and that's good enough for me. I didn't marry my cousin, don't run moonshine, don't know duelin' banjos, and I take a shower once a week whether I need it or not. There are a lot of crappy areas in the country, but that doesn't mean I have to relegate to some geographical stereotype to get some incomprehensible point across (as the writer effectively did). From what I've read over the last couple of seasons, I've found this to be one of the most civil forums I've visited. Kudos to all!xthumbsupx

It's the old "I can call my wife a *****, but YOU can't" thing. Though I'd never call my wife that, anyway. :) :) xmadx

AGS is pretty much civil, as it would be if we were (and sometimes do, though I haven't had the pleasure) meeting face-to-face.

That's how it should be.

Now, the smack lounge and the political forum get a little rough, but there's still respect.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Blue42
September 21st, 2007, 06:58 PM
That guy put on a clinic in being clueless.

He can't make fun of Miss South Carolina being dumb. C'mon...Dan Dierdorf went to Michigan.

Mountain Panther
September 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Dan Dierdorf went to Michigan.

So did Gerald Ford.

http://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/avproj/hseries/h35-2.gif

james_lawfirm
September 21st, 2007, 08:23 PM
From what I've read over the last couple of seasons, I've found this to be one of the most civil forums I've visited.

Welcome aboard. And for the most part it is civil, certain posters excepted.

Usually, the trash talking ends after a loss, again certain posters excepted.

The really good thing about AGS is that there are some REALLY knowledgeable folks here who know a whole bunch about FCS football. I disagree with some, but there is something to be learned from all. The AGS poll is probably the most accurate in terms of who makes it into the round of 16. I think what that means is that the "homers" will vote for their school, but they will give an honest and fair shake to the other schools.

And, as a real judge of the amount of good sportsmanship and fair play, you are far more likely to see an offer to drink a beer with a rival's homer, than trash talking.

Col Hogan
September 21st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome aboard. And for the most part it is civil, certain posters excepted.

Usually, the trash talking ends after a loss, again certain posters excepted.

The really good thing about AGS is that there are some REALLY knowledgeable folks here who know a whole bunch about FCS football. I disagree with some, but there is something to be learned from all. The AGS poll is probably the most accurate in terms of who makes it into the round of 16. I think what that means is that the "homers" will vote for their school, but they will give an honest and fair shake to the other schools.

And, as a real judge of the amount of good sportsmanship and fair play, you are far more likely to see an offer to drink a beer with a rival's homer, than trash talking.

Except for those loud boorish ignorent UMass fans...we can't seem to get rid of them...they are like a plague...

Did I say that out loud or just think it?????

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Welcome ASUGTO...and welcome to that new guy TOD :D

ASUG8
September 21st, 2007, 10:48 PM
You only shower once a week???

;) :p

If I need it.....j/k

I take two a week, usually in the New River just outside of Boone. How many are you taking? Less?