PDA

View Full Version : Payton Award

TheKDL
September 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Who do you think should be in the top 5 for the Payton Award?

seantaylor
September 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Foster has to be the frontrunner as of now.

UNHWildCats
September 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Why? He has 568 yards total offense in 2 games, one of which was sub div I.

Ricky Santos has 724 total yards of offense in 2 games against a FBS team and one of the top FCS teams.... Santos is ahead of Foster.

FCS Go!
September 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Although it is far too early to tell:

Armanti
Bhomar
Foster
Phillips
Santos

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Armanti
Bhomar
Foster
Phillips
Santos
:o Who is Phillips?

MR. CHICKEN
September 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
OMAR.................BRAWK!

65 CARRIES/393 YDS.....11 TD'S.....6.0/PER CARRY...0 YDS NET LOST

10 RECEPTIONS/110 YDS...1 TD.....11.0/PER CATCH

12 TD'S IN 3 GAMES!

MR. CHICKEN
September 19th, 2007, 03:19 PM
:o Who is Phillips?

WILLIAM & MARY QB??

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Got to do my homer job and put up Cuff's numbers through three games...

393 yards (6.0 per) with 11 TD's plus 110 yards receiving and another TD

EDIT: brawk, I got beat to it.

gmoney55
September 19th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Right now, Cuff, Santos, Sanders, Foster and Bomar are all making a good case.

ElonPride
September 19th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Armanti
Bhomar
Foster
Phillips
Santos

Why would Foster be in the running over Scott Riddle?

Riddle has 572 in the air through 2 games. 220 of those came against a top 25 FBS team!!!!

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM
As much as I hate to admit it and as fearful as it make me for our upcoming trip to Newark, I think Cuff is the frontrunner...

He WENT OFF on a team that is at worst mid-level CAA...and has only mildly slowed down.

Edwards would be second, but he hasn't played in two games out of three.

I do think that Trey Elder could contend if he stayed in for the rest of the year.

Eaglesrus
September 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Why would Foster be in the running over Scott Riddle?

Riddle has 572 in the air through 3 games. 220 of those came against a top 25 FBS team!!!!

Because he has 10 touchdowns and as many yards in two games as your guy has in three.

ElonPride
September 19th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Because he has 10 touchdowns and as many yards in two games as your guy has in three.

Opps that was a mistake......Elon's only played 2 this year. Apparently I have fat finger syndrome. It has been corrected.

FCS Go!
September 19th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Fine. I'll try again:

Barden
Cuff
Hilliard
Johnson (San Diegoxrolleyesx )
Sanders

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I love the payton chase, esp when we have one of our own guys in the race! Santos and Cuff are gonna be hard to beat!

I could give a crap about bohmar, no offense to the school he is at now though :)

blackfordpu
September 19th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Fine. I'll try again:

Barden
Cuff
Hilliard
Johnson (San Diegoxrolleyesx )
Sanders

Why did you take Bomar off your list? His stats are pretty worthy of this EARLY season list.

Rushing stats:
30 att, 158 yards, 5.0 ypa, 2 TD

Passing:
69 for 111, 62% comp, 819 yards, 8 TDs, Passer rating 144.32

citdog
September 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cadet Duran Lawson, Quarterback, The Citadel

FCS Go!
September 19th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Why did you take Bomar off your list? His stats are pretty worthy of this EARLY season list.

Rushing stats:
30 att, 158 yards, 5.0 ypa, 2 TD

Passing:
69 for 111, 62% comp, 819 yards, 8 TDs, Passer rating 144.32

OK:

Bomar
Dally (Cal Poly)
Hill
Phaydavong (Drake)
White (TN Tech)

MR. CHICKEN
September 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
IT'LL TAKE DUH BIONIC FOOTBALL PLAYERAH......TA BEAT OUT SANTOS......AS HE HAS PLUCKED DUH BLING B/4........AN' MAYBEAH SHUDDAH GOTTEN IT AS UH FROSH.....ETC...........AWK!

UNHWildCats
September 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM
OK:

Bomar
Dally (Cal Poly)
Hill
Phaydavong (Drake)
White (TN Tech)

xscanx No Santos?

xflaggedx

FCS Go!
September 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
xscanx No Santos?

xflaggedx

Dude! I've tried three times to get it right!:D

USDFAN_55
September 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Johnson has some impressive numbers for two games:

47 for 59 (79.6%)
684 yards
10 TD 0 INT
14 rushes for 186 yards 13.3 ypa
QB Rating: 232.9763

Before you guys say anything. I know it's not against the greatest teams, but none the less he's playing awesome so far this year.

WSBE
September 19th, 2007, 09:16 PM
IT'LL TAKE DUH BIONIC FOOTBALL PLAYERAH......TA BEAT OUT SANTOS......AS HE HAS PLUCKED DUH BLING B/4........AN' MAYBEAH SHUDDAH GOTTEN IT AS UH FROSH.....ETC...........AWK!

I don't know the story behind the chicken guy but you are hilarious. What you say is very true & the chicken vernacular is brilliant

UNHWildCats
September 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I don't know the story behind the chicken guy but you are hilarious. What you say is very true & the chicken vernacular is brilliant

Theres no story,,, hes just a chicken :p

gmoney55
September 20th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Johnson is probably as good as anybody on the list, but I can't see him winning regardless of the stats. He's like Colt Brennan going for the Heisman, the numbers will be great but the competition is so pitiful.

appfan2008
September 20th, 2007, 07:33 AM

Armanti
Bhomar
Foster
Phillips
Santos

armanti has only played one game... as of what we have seen he can not be considered for that award... on this team the frontrunner would be his backup elder

nmatsen
September 20th, 2007, 07:43 AM
OK:

Bomar
Dally (Cal Poly)
Hill
Phaydavong (Drake)
White (TN Tech)

You put Phangpodong in over Sanders? What are you smoking? Take a look at the game stats after Saturday's UNI vs Drake game. Maybe that will change your mind.

igo4uni
September 20th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Theres no story,,, hes just a chicken :p

and we all love him!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

SunCoastBlueHen
September 20th, 2007, 07:52 AM
This thread is a giant homer fest! :p

USDFAN_55
September 20th, 2007, 09:00 AM

You mean this site! Everyone is a homer in some way or another.

bulldog10jw
September 20th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Johnson has some impressive numbers for two games:

47 for 59 (79.6%)
684 yards
10 TD 0 INT
14 rushes for 186 yards 13.3 ypa
QB Rating: 232.9763

Before you guys say anything. I know it's not against the greatest teams, but none the less he's playing awesome so far this year.

He's a great player against anybody.

blackfordpu
September 20th, 2007, 10:24 AM
armanti has only played one game... as of what we have seen he can not be considered for that award... on this team the frontrunner would be his backup elder

Why was he benched?

lizrdgizrd
September 20th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Why was he benched?
Sore shoulder. Apparently injured before the Michigan game. Just trying to give it plenty of rest before the conference season started. xnodx

89Hen
September 20th, 2007, 10:52 AM

You mean this site! Everyone is a homer in some way or another.
I think what's happening is that a lot of people have a legit candidate for the first time and are excited about it. xthumbsupx

majorbta
September 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Are you crazy? The front runner would be Kevin Richardson

appfan2008
September 20th, 2007, 12:36 PM

are you kidding?

KRich is having a way subpar season for himself so far and is only averaging 4 ypc while edwards, moore, and elder are averaging more... yes he had a nice recieving game last week but has only scored twice... heck even dexter has scored four times

gmoney55
September 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I would be shocked to see an Appalachian State player win this award. Not because Richardson or Edwards aren't as good as anyone else in the country, but A) They will share the load and B) Probably spend a lot of time on the bench in blowouts. That should cut down their stats compared to other candidates.

Look at the recent winners, Santos and Meyer were all on teams with shaky defenses that had to score a ton of points. Not saying that's the way it should be, but probably the way it is.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Foster's running alone puts him in the top 5 so far IMO. Obviously he doesn't compare in passing yards to Santos, but can anyone show me a running back that has as many yards as he does, even one that has three starts this season already?

blueballs
September 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Foster's running alone puts him in the top 5 so far IMO. Obviously he doesn't compare in passing yards to Santos, but can anyone show me a running back that has as many yards as he does, even one that has three starts this season already?

...or has meant more to his team.

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2007, 05:19 PM

KEB'S STATS:
43 CARRIES.......171 YDS............3.9 YDS PER CARRY....ZERO TD'S....xsmhx....BRAWK!

HensRock
September 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM

There are 2:

Chad Simpson, Morgan St. 558 in 3 games
Jordan Scott, Colgate 494 in 3 games
Jayson Foster, Ga. Southern 484 in 2 games.

Jerbearasu
September 20th, 2007, 10:51 PM
are you kidding?

KRich is having a way subpar season for himself so far and is only averaging 4 ypc while edwards, moore, and elder are averaging more... yes he had a nice recieving game last week but has only scored twice... heck even dexter has scored four times

KRich has never had stellar regular season marks which is why I said before the season that he would not win the Payton. Remember the Payton award is voted on at the end of the regular season. Last year, KRich finished with roughly 1700 yards rushing and 30 TD's. The only reason those stats are impressive is because his playoff #'s padded them. In the playoffs he had about 600 yards rushing and 11 TD's. That is roughly 30% of his production. He really will start to pick the production up in the next few weeks and should end the regular season with about 1100 yards and 12-15 TD's which is not bad but will not be the stats that are necissary to win the Payton.
I am putting Cuff and Santos on my list as the front runners but I think a name you will need to look for at the end of the year is Herb Donaldson from Western Illinois. Last year, he finished with 1400 yards and 18 TD's and will be the main component of the offense again this year. I believe he only lost 1 member of his O-line which is always nice to get the guys in front of you back. If W Illinois can make some noise in the Gateway you will hear his name more and more because he will be carrying his team along for the ride.

seantaylor
September 20th, 2007, 11:28 PM
There are 2:

Chad Simpson, Morgan St. 558 in 3 games
Jordan Scott, Colgate 494 in 3 games
Jayson Foster, Ga. Southern 484 in 2 games.

Foster passes those numbers in the first 7 minutes of the 1st quarter this weekend.

HensRock
September 21st, 2007, 01:16 AM
Foster passes those numbers in the first 7 minutes of the 1st quarter this weekend.

I was simply answering the question. There's no doubt Foster is a great player. xpeacex

lizrdgizrd
September 21st, 2007, 08:12 AM
I was simply answering the question. There's no doubt Foster is a great player. xpeacex
I think the GSU folks are just trying to pump themselves up because they don't have any bright spots from last season and know they haven't really tested their team yet this season. No one has denied that Foster is a great player, we're just saying that naming him OPOY after 2 weeks is stretching it. xpeacex