PDA

View Full Version : UD @ Towson, Saturday 9/22 @ 7pm

TigerFan17
September 18th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Alrighty fellas, we already have a smack thread...now a real one.

Weather looks pretty good...high of 87, low of 66 and partly cloudy.

If its anything like the games have been in the past since we've joined the A-10/CAA, it'll be a great one to watch! Every single year has been an exciting one to watch.

Towson tries to preserve its place as the only CAA school to not have an overall losing record to UD.

Also, if anyone needs directions (including route suggestions), suggestions for food, where to go out for a few after the game, hotel accomodations, etc. feel free to ask.

Who all is making it down to Johnny U?

SunCoastBlueHen
September 18th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I wish I could be there, but alas, I am 1000 miles away.

This will be an interesting game as Towson's strength on offense plays into Delaware's apparent weakness on defense. I see a high scoring game with one of the defenses getting a few stops and leading the winning team to victory.

HensRock
September 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I will be there along with my brother-in-law (a TU grad and former player)

NovaHater
September 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
OK TigerFan, since your offering.

TU website says take exit 25, my GPS is saying exit 27. Both obviously lead to the same place, is one better than the other ?

Also, planning on being there at least an hour early, any suggestion on parking or are you pretty much at the mercy of the those directing the traffic into the stadium area.

bluehenbillk
September 19th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I'll be there to watch a UD victory!!

andy7171
September 19th, 2007, 08:03 AM
OK TigerFan, since your offering.

TU website says take exit 25, my GPS is saying exit 27. Both obviously lead to the same place, is one better than the other ?

Also, planning on being there at least an hour early, any suggestion on parking or are you pretty much at the mercy of the those directing the traffic into the stadium area.

You want to take the Charles Street Exit, #25. Exit 27 would be before Charles St, but would take you through the whole uptown Towson shopping and business district. You don't want that.

An hour before hand is going to be rough for parking close if the crowd is going to be as big as I think its going to be. You'll be at the mercy of the campus police directing traffic.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Who all is making it down to Johnny U?
I will be coming UP to Johnny U with Mrs, Jr and Henette in tow. xthumbsupx

NovaHater
September 19th, 2007, 08:09 AM
You want to take the Charles Street Exit, #25. Exit 27 would be before Charles St, but would take you through the whole uptown Towson shopping and business district. You don't want that.

An hour before hand is going to be rough for parking close if the crowd is going to be as big as I think its going to be. You'll be at the mercy of the campus police directing traffic.

Thanks for the help and Good Luck on Sat.

TigerFan17
September 19th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the help and Good Luck on Sat.

I would suggest, if traffic is as bad as it looks to be, parking in the Union Garage. When you turn onto osler, it will be on your left, right before the massive center for the arts. Its free to park there on weekends, so no worries. Then its just a 5 minute walk up the path to the U.

Safe travels guys! Looking forward to it!

xnodx xnodx xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2007, 05:34 AM
K C.............MENTIONED ON DUH RADIO SHOW LAST PM........DAT IT IS IMPERATIVE TA SHUT DOWN DUH TIGERS....BY LAND.........DERE RUNNIN' GAME/OURAH POOR TACKLIN'........HAS LED TA DUH LAST TWO DOWNERS...................SCHAEFER.....WILL TOSS DUH PIGGY.....AN' GET HIS YARDS......WE NEED TA CONTAIN HIM.........NO SCRAMBLIN' ALLOWED.........IFIN' WE CAN DO DAT...........WE MAY EEKE ONE OUT......ON DUH ROAD......xnodx...AWK!

WHAT.....ME WORRY??

ngineer
September 20th, 2007, 06:30 AM
This is a huge game for Towson. some were looking at them at Top 20 material this year. After their early loss this year, this game will go a long way to showing whether they are for real or a mirage.

andy7171
September 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM
This hurts, bad.
http://media.www.thetowerlight.com/media/storage/paper957/news/2007/09/20/Sports/Injured.Breaux.Out.For.Year-2979703.shtml

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM
WE WERE UH MASH UNIT....DUH LAST TWO YEARS WE...PLAYED YA....ANDEEE...:(....BRAWK!

NovaHater
September 21st, 2007, 10:25 AM
I would suggest, if traffic is as bad as it looks to be, parking in the Union Garage. When you turn onto osler, it will be on your left, right before the massive center for the arts. Its free to park there on weekends, so no worries. Then its just a 5 minute walk up the path to the U.

Safe travels guys! Looking forward to it!

xnodx xnodx xnodx

TigerFan, Andy or anyone familiar with Towson complex.

Looking to get to Lot 21 (next to BB Arena). Looking at the roads
on Google Earth, it looks like if you keep going South on North Charles
St, LF onto 134, LF onto Stevenson Lane, LF onto Osler which brings you to Auburn Dr and into Lot 21.

Only looking at it this way because it looks like most people would turn LF onto W Towsontown Blvd, then Rt onto Osler. I may be totally off not knowing how most of the traffic flows into that area. Auburn maybe one way and impossible to come in that way or traffic will be just as bad.

Had planned on stopping to eat locally, but to get there earlier I may be BYOF so I can get there 2 hrs earlier instead of 1.

andy7171
September 21st, 2007, 11:07 AM
NovaHater
Take Towsontown Blvd, its a long way down to Stevenson and back in towards the school. Plus I am not sure if that Auburn entrance will be open to traffic coming in towards the TowsonCenter before the game. You might get flagged up to the main entrance up the street anyway.
If you get there early and already have a parking pass, once on Osler, turn left onto Cross Campus and hit Bill Batemans on the corner of York Rd. GOOD WINGS and bar food.

TigerFan17
September 21st, 2007, 12:11 PM
I concur with Andy's directions...

If you get there early and already have a parking pass, once on Osler, turn left onto Cross Campus and hit Bill Batemans on the corner of York Rd. GOOD WINGS and bar food.

I suggest the crab pretzel. Its solid. xnodx

NovaHater
September 21st, 2007, 01:21 PM
NovaHater
Take Towsontown Blvd, its a long way down to Stevenson and back in towards the school. Plus I am not sure if that Auburn entrance will be open to traffic coming in towards the TowsonCenter before the game. You might get flagged up to the main entrance up the street anyway.

Thanks Andy, thought I would be off base trying to come in from what looks like the back door way, just trying to get to Lot 21 (supposedly many Hens fans to be found). Can't imagine traffic can be that bad for an 11K stadium, but from what I read it sounds like it is.