PDA

View Full Version : Week Four Games of interest

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Alabama A&M versus Grambling St. - - - -I am not a SWAC expert but it looks like the top four teams are the two mentioned, Southern and Alabama ST.

UNI versus Drake - - -Northern Iowa is playing lights out. Will be a good test to see how Drake does against UNI after both teams have a few games under their respective belts.

Delaware versus Towson - Towson has won the last two(?) UD maybe headed for the top ten with a win ( Of course someone above them will have to lose)

Portland State versus San Diego - San Diego's chance to stake a claim on the top 25. Wrong San Diego xoopsx

ASU versus Wofford - Good chance to see if anyone will beat the Mountaineers during the regular season and if Wofford doesn't, Furman and Wofford might be playing for their playoff lives against each other the following week.

I am sure I missed some. Add yours.

ButlerGSU
September 18th, 2007, 03:42 PM
App State and Wofford are on CSS correct? What time is kickoff?

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM

I believe 3:30 xconfusedx

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Sports South at 3PM

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 03:45 PM
ASU vs. Wofford will be huge. If Wofford loses, it will be a huge uphill battle to get into the playoffs. If ASU loses, it will open the door for Furman or El Cid for the title if one of them wins out or just loses to ASU. That was the same situation in '92.... we lost to Marshall but still won the conference title because they had lost to Furman or ASU, can't remember which one.

USDFAN_55
September 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Portland State versus San Diego - San Diego's chance to stake a claim on the top 25.

This is actually San Diego State. The San Diego you all love to hate has a bye this week. xthumbsupx

GoldandBlack
September 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM
ASU vs. Wofford will be huge. If Wofford loses, it will be a huge uphill battle to get into the playoffs. If ASU loses, it will open the door for Furman or El Cid for the title if one of them wins out or just loses to ASU. That was the same situation in '92.... we lost to Marshall but still won the conference title because they had lost to Furman or ASU, can't remember which one.

Hello! Option #3- If ASU loses, it will open the door for Wofford for the title if they win out or just lose one game to the right team the rest of the season.

FargoBison
September 18th, 2007, 03:51 PM
How about NDSU vs Central Michigan- The Bison will once again be facing the spread offense and it appears CMU isn't as solid as they were last year. Both teams have some problems on defense but high octane offenses, could be another shootout for the Bison.

AZGrizFan
September 18th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Albany @ Montana ---- to see if Montana deserves that lofty ranking. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xrolleyesx

lizrdgizrd
September 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
This is actually San Diego State. The San Diego you all love to hate has a bye this week. xthumbsupx
That's a step in the right direction for their scheduling! xnodx

jk xsmiley_wix

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hello! Option #3- If ASU loses, it will open the door for Wofford for the title if they win out or just lose one game to the right team the rest of the season.

I didn't mention that because I thought it was obvious. That being said, I think it is entirely possible that Wofford, Furman or El Cid could beat ASU and then lose to the other two. Stranger things have happened. GSU could be in that mix, as well. I even think Elon could beat one of the big three this year.

It will be very interesting over the next three weeks.

walliver
September 18th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't mention that because I thought it was obvious. That being said, I think it is entirely possible that Wofford, Furman or El Cid could beat ASU and then lose to the other two. Stranger things have happened. GSU could be in that mix, as well. I even think Elon could beat one of the big three this year.

Anything can happen ... like Citadel's 2003 Season. Beating App State, Furman, and GSU and losing to Chattanooga and Western Carolina. I hope we don't get into one of those beating each other up situations where only one team goes to the play-offs.

GoldandBlack
September 18th, 2007, 04:06 PM

I kinda figured that, but just had to throw it in.

One thing's for sure- this is going to be one hell of a conference battle this year, unless I completely miss my guess. Enjoy your bye week!

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I kinda figured that, but just had to throw it in.

One thing's for sure- this is going to be one hell of a conference battle this year, unless I completely miss my guess. Enjoy your bye week!

I hope that the appearance of parity is real this year, and not just an illusion. If it is as most people think it is going to be, then this WILL be a great season, with the title not truly being decided until the last games are played.

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Ah bummerxmadx xrotatehx

WoCoTerrier
September 18th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I hope that the appearance of parity is real this year, and not just an illusion. If it is as most people think it is going to be, then this WILL be a great season, with the title not truly being decided until the last games are played.

I hope that's the truth, b/c we're playing Chattanooga the last week!

GaSouthern
September 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM
How about NDSU vs Central Michigan- The Bison will once again be facing the spread offense and it appears CMU isn't as solid as they were last year. Both teams have some problems on defense but high octane offenses, could be another shootout for the Bison.

Thats not a game, NDSU is gonna kill directional michigan xthumbsupx

That's why it was not listed. :)

Kill em!

BisonBacker
September 18th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Thats not a game, NDSU is gonna kill directional michigan xthumbsupx

That's why it was not listed. :)

Kill em!

I hope your right but our defense needs to clean up its act or it will be a long day I think.

GaSouthern
September 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I believe! NDSU is still the best team i've seen in the last two years. Wish yall had a game against ASU, just to show the world what I saw happen to GSU IN Paulson last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Villanova-Penn: Being a Temple guy i'm always up for a good Big 5 battle even if it's not hoops. Also given the fact the Wildcats beat Lehigh i'm interested to see how 'Nova fairs against a Penn squad coming off of a loss to Lafayette. I'm hoping Penn beats 'em but at the same time a big Villanova win shows they might be better than people though.

JoshUCA
September 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Mine is the "Battle of The Bears".... UCA Bears vs MO State Bears in Springfield, MO!

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Harvard-Brown under the lights in Cambridge!:D xnodx

Seawolf97
September 18th, 2007, 07:59 PM
What about non scholarship Central Conn. at FBS Western Michigan? Talk about guts.xnodx xnodx

Cocky
September 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM
EKU vs JSU in the OVC. Could have a lot to say on who represents the OVC this year.

Mr. Tiger
September 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Alabama A&M versus Grambling St. - - - -I am not a SWAC expert but it looks like the top four teams are the two mentioned, Southern and Alabama ST.

You might not be a SWAC expert, but this game is a big one. Both teams have looked pretty good, especially Alabama A&M.

X-Factor
September 18th, 2007, 10:46 PM
What about non scholarship Central Conn. at FBS Western Michigan? Talk about guts.xnodx xnodx

that is guts.

I don't think it will be much of a game, however. But I guess you never know.