PDA

View Full Version : WIU @ SFA

leatherneck177
September 18th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I'd be interested in hearing the predictions on this one. Last time we went down there and gave up 50+ points I believe losing by the score of something like 56-36. This time we have an improved defense, yet a questionable at best offense led by our RS Freshmen QB, Matt Barr.

SFA 27
WIU 14

birdsflyhigh
September 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Hope your kidding with that score prediction. WIU better go down there and win by at LEAST 2 TDs. SF Austin is WINLESS, and if WIU can't go down there and win convincingly, then IMHO the Necks could go WINLESS in the Gateway with the exception of playing IN St.

C'mon WIU fans...have a little more faith in the Necks! xcoolx

DallasNeck
September 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
The last time the Necks went to SFA they had to stay overnight in Lufkin because of Hurricane Katrina. That had a little to do with the dissapointing performance at SFA in my mind. At least this time the travel plans don't include the team staying in two seperate hotels and giving up rooms for refugees. Things will turn out alright this time around.

BISON Thunder
September 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM
NDSU will see how good WIU is next week when we come down to Macomb. But I can say from already watching SFA play this year in Fargo, they are a damn good team. Probably didn't play quite as well as SHSU did against NDSU, but close. Their offense was good...QB was really good. Defense was alright, just didn't tackle well when we played them.

By the way, what is the best airport to fly into to get to Macomb? Quad Cities? Peoria? Springfield? Is there anything to do in Macomb on a Friday night...or is it better to stay in the city we fly into? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Lionsrking
September 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I'd be interested in hearing the predictions on this one. Last time we went down there and gave up 50+ points I believe losing by the score of something like 56-36. This time we have an improved defense, yet a questionable at best offense led by our RS Freshmen QB, Matt Barr.

SFA 27
WIU 14

SFA is in some disarray right now with their best defensive player and top running back being suspended. From what I understand, they may have some internal problems which could affect their play on the field. But make no mistake, they're a very talented bunch!!!

leatherneck177
September 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
NDSU will see how good WIU is next week when we come down to Macomb. But I can say from already watching SFA play this year in Fargo, they are a damn good team. Probably didn't play quite as well as SHSU did against NDSU, but close. Their offense was good...QB was really good. Defense was alright, just didn't tackle well when we played them.

By the way, what is the best airport to fly into to get to Macomb? Quad Cities? Peoria? Springfield? Is there anything to do in Macomb on a Friday night...or is it better to stay in the city we fly into? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best airport to fly into is Quad Cities if you can, otherwise I'd try for Peoria then Springfield in that order. I'd stay in Macomb if you can, it is Homecoming, so it's doubtful you could find a room. Otherwise stay in Rock Island or Moline for hotel.

leatherneck177
September 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
SFA is in some disarray right now with their best defensive player and top running back being suspended. From what I understand, they may have some internal problems which could affect their play on the field. But make no mistake, they're a very talented bunch!!!

What is the deal with these suspensions? Are they going to miss the game this weekend? Did they play last week at NDSU?

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Here's a story on their linebacker, Perkins...

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/09/18/perkins_suspended.html

leatherneck177
September 20th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Here's a story on their linebacker, Perkins...

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/09/18/perkins_suspended.html

Interesting, thanks for the post. Does anyone know anything about their RB?

bodoyle
September 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
WIU is giving 1.5

http://www.docsports.com/football-odds.html

WIUFan
September 20th, 2007, 11:15 PM
WIU should win, the defense is much better this year than it was last year. They proved at Illinois that they can handle a more mobile QB. But, I really thought they would win the last time they went to SFA, and it was a blowout, so this game has me nervous. The fact that WIUs starting saftey left school before last week has me a bit worried too.

Western Illinois 24, SFA 21

BTW, the best place to fly in is definitely the Quad Cities. I would not stay in Rock Island though, its an hour and a half drive. Better off looking for hotels in Monmouth, Galesburg or Jacksonville. Probably can't find any in Macomb for homecoming. There are plenty of college bars in Macomb to go to on Friday night... besides that, not a whole lot else except Super Wal-Mart.

BISON Thunder
September 21st, 2007, 07:23 AM
WIU should win, the defense is much better this year than it was last year. They proved at Illinois that they can handle a more mobile QB. But, I really thought they would win the last time they went to SFA, and it was a blowout, so this game has me nervous. The fact that WIUs starting saftey left school before last week has me a bit worried too.

BTW, the best place to fly in is definitely the Quad Cities. I would not stay in Rock Island though, its an hour and a half drive. Better off looking for hotels in Monmouth, Galesburg or Jacksonville. Probably can't find any in Macomb for homecoming. There are plenty of college bars in Macomb to go to on Friday night... besides that, not a whole lot else except Super Wal-Mart.

Thanks guys, for the information. Looks like the football team travel planners agree with you as they are flying into Moline and staying at a hotel in Galesburg Friday night. My group is still planning on staying in Macomb.

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 07:41 AM

WIU, I know U of I is an FBS team, but c'mon, it's Illinois! xnodx xrolleyesx

I hope you guys do well this year and make the playoffs, it will give me a team to root for (brother is an alumnus). I'm just waiting for whenever you guys play us...blood shall be shed in my family. xrotatehx ;)

Bison77
September 21st, 2007, 08:27 AM
I doubt that you'll have much trouble with SFA. There offense is okay but there Defense is not very good.

Longnecker
September 21st, 2007, 12:12 PM
Bison Thunder: If you get into town Friday evening, go up town to the Parkside Sports Bar. 3 hours before game, tailgating starts in N lot, which is on the south side of Hanson Field. Look for a WIU flag and stop by for a cold one - Neck fans are friendly. We allow for a little smack talk as long as it is all in fun. I assume we will recognize you by your outfit or by the fact that you are scratching fleas from being around a natty, over-grown cow. Look forward to seeing you in Macomb.

Go...gate
September 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM
After a little research, I feel comfortable making this rare out-of region pick:

WIU 31, SFA 23

Now, to be a little less objective:

Go Leathernecks!

BISON Thunder
September 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Bison Thunder: If you get into town Friday evening, go up town to the Parkside Sports Bar. 3 hours before game, tailgating starts in N lot, which is on the south side of Hanson Field. Look for a WIU flag and stop by for a cold one - Neck fans are friendly. We allow for a little smack talk as long as it is all in fun. I assume we will recognize you by your outfit or by the fact that you are scratching fleas from being around a natty, over-grown cow. Look forward to seeing you in Macomb.

Thanks for invite, Longnecker...will join you for a pregamer if time allows. Oh, and my wife may be as big as a cow, but she got rid of those nasty fleas a couple months ago. Ha Ha. Great game against SFA. Looking forward to another one Saturday afternoon.