PDA

View Full Version : APP State sold out

tarmac
September 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM
except for the final game with Chattanooga (can still buy some for this game on the grass bank) all ticket sales to the public are closed. A first for APP.

MaxASU'81
September 17th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Nice effect of winning big. When will the "noise" about stadium expansion/redesign of current plan get serious?

jonmac
September 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
It is serious now. Check out goasu.com. Some plans may have to change though. It seems that when the current schedule was made attendance wasn't booming. But, having worked as an equipment manager in Owens Field House in early '90's that is and rightfully should be a priority. Award the team with new diggs as soon as possible, so I am in agreement with the plan thus far. If money is available though the East side expansion should be fast tracked if at all possible. Still looking at least a couple of years though. And depending on the state of our program and the possiblitiy of fair weather fans it could be kindof crap shoot but worth it I think. I think the big crowds are here to stay. Can't wait to be part of it myself.

GOAPPS!!!!!!

GGASU
September 18th, 2007, 12:01 AM
If we rush east stands expansion... the track will always be there.

Get a stadium designer to make a new and improved Kidd Brewer (or whatever company will give us some expansion money to name the stadium) without the damn track.

Mountaineer#96
September 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Everyone hates the track........it needs to go. The east side needs a upper deck. The grass needs to stay. The score board is ok, but the screen if it could be bigger would be great. I want to see a tunnel coming out of one of the hills connected to the west side for the team to come out of, that would be cool. It is a good problem to have selling out every game and still people wanting in.

lizrdgizrd
September 18th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Everyone hates the track........it needs to go. The east side needs a upper deck. The grass needs to stay. The score board is ok, but the screen if it could be bigger would be great. I want to see a tunnel coming out of one of the hills connected to the west side for the team to come out of, that would be cool. It is a good problem to have selling out every game and still people wanting in.
The track's not going anywhere. Looking at the naming rights info on goasu.com (http://www.goasu.com/subPage/51/) it says that someone has committed $250K for the naming rights to the track.

It also says that there's an opportunity for naming the "Family Section Grass Hill (1 - $500,000)". And it looks like there will also be a "North Stands End Zone (1 - $500,000)" eventually.

I think you'll also get your wish: Field Tunnel (1 - $50,000) included in the KBS Athletics Complex on the 5th level. xthumbsupx

brownbear
September 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM

Until you build the extra stands, jack up the ticket prices and make some more money toward renovations!

Shockerman
September 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
You must strike while the iron is hot. Hopefully you build those East stands soon. If the day comes when you can move the track, you can always dig down and add 5 or 6 rows on each side which would bring your stands closer to the field.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 18th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Good to see 'ole GSU is still one of the sellout games, even if we were 3-8 last year.

lizrdgizrd
September 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Good to see 'ole GSU is still one of the sellout games, even if we were 3-8 last year.
L-R was a sellout game. Still feeling special? xeyebrowx

:p

MaxASU'81
September 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I know this is against the grain but i think the track stays. Going up solves the seating problem. Bowling in the North Endzone works too. Then Owens goes. redo dressing, training, etc into the North Endzone seating with plaza and multiple entrances to both sides and you have your tunnel, your plaza, your new dressing, your seating, and all the room in the world for additional seating. Missing part is parking and i think simply you put the parking behind softball, Eggers on hill where current parking is and deck it!

Don't ever lose the bank and the natural area where the scoreboard is.

As for the track, With the new configuration we host the NCAA Championships with a stadium and track like we have it. The Men's and Women's Track teams are Conf. Champ material too.

From a coaching/trainer standpoint I'd like to keep the players from the fans some. If any of you remember the old UTC stadium (if you could call it that) and the ETSU stadium. Closer is not better!

jonmac
September 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I think really the only problem with the track is that it makes endzone seating/bowling either end very far from the playing field. I do like the idea of bowling the North endzone though and leaving the hill but those seats will, as mentioned before, be a long way from the field. It will have to go pretty high. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Peems
September 18th, 2007, 06:27 PM
L-R was a sellout game. Still feeling special? xeyebrowx

:p

That's because you had just beaten the "mighty" wolverines. Hell you could have played Bye and still sold out the stadium xnodx

james_lawfirm
September 18th, 2007, 06:45 PM
That's because you had just beaten the "mighty" wolverines. Hell you could have played Bye and still sold out the stadium xnodx

That was sure part of it, but last year, after our FIRST Nat'l Championship, we had a record setting first home game against Mars Hill (that Div. 2 powerhouse). Roughly the same result as LR, just a few thousand fewer fans. Set a record at the time for attendance.

IMO, the real cause of ASU great attendance numbers, is the past success of the team over the last two years. And, beating Michigan did not hurt a thing to stem the fans' excitement.

james_lawfirm
September 18th, 2007, 06:49 PM

For the record, I like the track. At least, I like the distance from the playing field to the stands - might as well fill that space with a track. As soon as the field is pulled to the stands, there starts to be visibility problems on the sidelines.

I agree the east stands need an upper part to mirror the west stands.

The attendance figures are indeed a nice problem to have.

TheKDL
September 19th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I've been wanting ASU to horseshoe the seats for years by wrapping the student section w/ the away side (yes that would mean taking the grass section out) but not go as high as that. Also, they are removing the parking lot behind the away side seats for expansion, I really hope they do install a grandstand like the home side does. As for the track, I wish they would remove it so when we do build a new field house it can be moved closer to the field. If they did do all this, a new scoreboard with a bigger screen would be nice.

lizrdgizrd
September 19th, 2007, 08:36 AM
That's a great idea! Think of the profit we could make on not having to pay a DII to play but still selling out the stadium! You're a genius, Peems. I'll see if I can get the athletic department working on that right away. I'll leave the marketing up to them. xthumbsupx

brownbear
September 19th, 2007, 10:47 AM
That's a great idea! Think of the profit we could make on not having to pay a DII to play but still selling out the stadium! You're a genius, Peems. I'll see if I can get the athletic department working on that right away. I'll leave the marketing up to them. xthumbsupx

They could make a guarantee that says "If App State loses, you get your money back!"

ASU88
September 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Rough year last season or not, GSU is still a marquee game on the schedule. Unless they were to fall from grace for an extended period ... which I don't think anyone expects ... they will remain one of the top 3 or 4 games on the schedule.

AmsterBison
September 19th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Congratulations - it is good to be the king!

SoCon48
September 19th, 2007, 12:27 PM
For the record, I like the track. At least, I like the distance from the playing field to the stands - might as well fill that space with a track. As soon as the field is pulled to the stands, there starts to be visibility problems on the sidelines.

I agree the east stands need an upper part to mirror the west stands.

The attendance figures are indeed a nice problem to have.

Totally agree. Football fields without tracks look like Liverpool soccer fields.

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Yea, but what if we played "Bye", sold out Kidd Brewer, & the fans tore down the goal-posts?

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Totally agree. Football fields without tracks look like Liverpool soccer fields.

What's wrong with the Liverpudlians' soccer fields?

appfan2008
September 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
track or no track... it is great to be a mountaineer!

AgentPaul001
September 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Some grass seating just got released (their phasing it in), but yep all reserved seat are sold out. Some tickets were going on Stuphub for about $50-$60....wow lol.

I'd like to see the school boost ticket prices from $20 to $25 for the non-conference games, but not sure if that will happen or not.

Either way with about 20K paying fans at $20 ticket avg $400K/game is some big time money flowing into the program. Plus record apparell sales.

Hopefully we can parlay this into greater success in other other programs and a large stadium.

I think the easiest and smartest expansion would be to enlarge the east side stands which would allow another 4K in reserved seating? That would really help.

gvilleapp
September 20th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I would be shocked if tickets at App didn't go up next year. A $5 increase per ticket would probably be tolerated without too much fuss. If we average 15,000 ticket sales/game with a 6 game home schedule that's an extra $450,000. That would make up for not have a big money FBS team on the slate for '08.
Some grass seating just got released (their phasing it in), but yep all reserved seat are sold out. Some tickets were going on Stuphub for about $50-$60....wow lol.

I'd like to see the school boost ticket prices from $20 to $25 for the non-conference games, but not sure if that will happen or not.

Either way with about 20K paying fans at $20 ticket avg $400K/game is some big time money flowing into the program. Plus record apparell sales.

Hopefully we can parlay this into greater success in other other programs and a large stadium.

I think the easiest and smartest expansion would be to enlarge the east side stands which would allow another 4K in reserved seating? That would really help.

Saint3333
September 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
The ticket prices went up for HC, GSU, & WCU this year. But I expect all games to be $25 with HC and Furman at $30.

When the Club seats are finished they'll be $500 a piece with $1,500 donation to Yosef Club.

ASUG8
September 22nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
I paid $25 for WCU and $20 for @Furman.

proasu89
September 22nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
I paid $25 for WCU and $20 for @Furman.

For 2007 all home conference games and Homecoming (GWEBB) are 25.00. All other games are 20.00

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
I wouldnt want to send it to high... I think it is more important to have more people than more people IMO