PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 2 (or 4)

brownbear
September 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Last week, the Ivy League went 3-5, including a poor 2-5 showing against the Patriot League. Here's this week's slate of games and predictions:

Dartmouth at New Hampshire

New Hampshire is coming off the big win at Marshall, and Dartmouth is coming off an overtime loss to Colgate in a game they should have won easily. I'm taking UNH by 10 in this one.

Cornell at Yale

Cornell played well last week against Bucknell, and Yale struggled with Georgetown, but the Elis come out on top by 7.

Marist at Columbia

Columbia played a poor game against Fordham last week, but in comes an 0-3 Marist team that has not played well yet. Columbia wins by 7.

Penn at Villanova

Penn is coming off a close loss to Lafayette, and they face a 2-1 Villanova. Villanova wins by 3 in another close game.

Princeton at Lafayette

Lafayette has started 3-0 for the first time since 1988 and looks like a potential team to take the Patriot League while Princeton lost badly to Lehigh last week. Pards by 14.

Brown at Harvard

First night game ever at Harvard. Brown is coming off a good win against Duquesne and Harvard is coming off a tough loss to Holy Cross. This should be a real good game, and I am taking the Bears by 3.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM
brownbear, first off, let me commend you for setting up this thread!xbowx xthumbsupx

Second, I agree with all of your pick results except for Harvard-Brown, where I'll take the Crimson by 7. I know Brown owes us some payback, but that's where my head is. And I don't claim to be a Harvard homer: I predicted our loss to Holy Cross last week. xsmhx (Dartmouth really screwed the pooch against Colgate last week.:p I think UNH takes them by 20+.)

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Methinks the Pards better not take their feline counterparts too lightly!

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'll be shocked if Dartmouth loses by less than 3 TD's.

Yale defends the home turf by 10.

Columbia by a FG

Penn also by 3

Princeton wins in OT

Harvard make their first night game a 6 point win.

UNHWildCats
September 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
last 4 UNH/Dartmouth games 56-14, 49-20, 45-24, 42-17

Over the past 3 seasons UNH has improved their points scored and improved the points allowed in this matchup.

Theres no chance Dartmouth hangs within 10.

UNH 63 Dartmouth 17

YaleFootballFan
September 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM
If Dartmouth loses by less than 3 TD's, I'd consider it a moral victory for the Green. UNH is too good, too fast and too big for Dartmouth. This is going to be one of those 56-14 type games. Sorry, Dartmouth.

Cornell at Yale is the Ivy game of the week. Both teams are coming off victories over PL teams. Yale will unveil its 2006 Ivy Championship banner at the Bowl. Yale has had great success against the Big Red over the last decade, but unlike most years, I think this one will be close. I like Yale 24-17 before 17,000 at the Bowl.

Other games.....

Harvard will bouce back and beat Brown.

Penn will lose ANOTHER close one to Villanova. Knowing Penn's luck, it'll be an OT loss.

Columbia beats up on Marist.

Lafayette downs Princeton by a TD.

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2007, 02:05 PM
some actual lines on the Ivy games:

Yale -6.5 in Bowl over Cornell
Dartmouth +23 @ New Hampshire
Brown +11 @ Harvard
Princeton +7 @ Lafayette
Columbia -16 hosting the Red Foxes
Quakers +8.5 @ Villanova

surprised Harvard would be that much of a favorite over Brown. Surprised Columbia would be that much of a favorite over anybody. When I saw the line, I thought they were playing Notre Dame.;)

brownbear
September 18th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Brown +11 @ Harvard
Princeton +7 @ Lafayette
Quakers +8.5 @ Villanova

surprised Harvard would be that much of a favorite over Brown. Surprised Columbia would be that much of a favorite over anybody. When I saw the line, I thought they were playing Notre Dame.;)

Good, I like that people have no confidence in us. I'd definately put money on Brown with that spread!

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Good, I like that people have no confidence in us. I'd definately put money on Brown with that spread!

So would I!:o

LBPop
September 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM
brownbear, first off, let me commend you for setting up this thread!xbowx xthumbsupx

I completely echo that sentiment. I have always wanted to see more Ivy League chatter on AGS. Mr. Harvard Talker and just a few others have admirably carried the flag, but more is better...at least in this case.

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I'll be shocked if Dartmouth loses by less than 3 TD's.

Yale defends the home turf by 10.

Columbia by a FG

Penn also by 3

Princeton wins in OT

Harvard make their first night game a 6 point win.

Do Bears see in the dark?xconfusedx

:p

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Picked every game but 1 right last week for the Ancient 8 xnodx. Well, only on record as picking 7 of the games, but you'll believe me when I say I was going to take Brown anyway, right? :)

Dartmouth at New Hampshire New Hampshire Dartmouth showed some things in getting the big early lead against Colgate, but UNH didn't even need a comeback to down a better team in Marshall. Wildcats 2 for 2 against Green teams

Cornell at Yale Yale Eli respond after poorer-than-expected showing at Georgetown by beating a Cornell team that has some struggles on the road

Marist at Columbia Columbia I like Marist, I really do. And while a good year for Columbia might mean threatening .500, this could be a good year for the Lions

Penn at Villanova Penn Quakers respond to tough opening loss to knock off Philly rivals

Princeton at Lafayette Lafayette I say this, feeling that it's entirely possible for Lafayette to screw me by thinking they've got the Ivy bug beat, when in fact Penn was the exception that proves the rule. We shall see...

Brown at Harvard Harvard Winner gets an early leg up in the Ivy race. I'm taking the Crimson at home here

brownbear
September 18th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Do Bears see in the dark?xconfusedx

:p

I know this is Harvard's first night game, so I assume you installed lights?

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I know this is Harvard's first night game, so I assume you installed lights?

All the better to see you with, brownbear!:p

LBPop
September 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
All the better to see you with, brownbear!:p

I have heard of mixed metaphors, but I have never heard of mixed fairy tales. What I great idea to blend both Goldilocks and the Three Bears with Little Red Riding Hood. I'll bet you did exceptionally well in your literature classes in Cambridge. xnodx

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I have heard of mixed metaphors, but I have never heard of mixed fairy tales. What I great idea to blend both Goldilocks and the Three Bears with Little Red Riding Hood. I'll bet you did exceptionally well in your literature classes in Cambridge. xnodx

You should have seen my term papers! Goldilocks and Red Riding Hood: A Paradigm of Sexual Harassment and Bestiality in Medieval Europe.xreadx

:p :p

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I've heard from some sources back in New England that there have already been over 20.000 tickets sold for Harvard-Brown.

King Felix
September 18th, 2007, 08:03 PM

Brown +11 @ Harvard
Princeton +7 @ Lafayette
Quakers +8.5 @ Villanova

not to sound out of the loop, but yale, nh, harvard, lafayette marist, and Nova are favorites?... also.. where did you get these lines at.

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM
not to sound out of the loop, but yale, nh, harvard, lafayette marist, and Nova are favorites?... also.. where did you get these lines at.

A friend e-mailed them to me. He gets them from one of those offshore gambling sites(he is a major gambler). Pinnacle Sports, maybe?

King Felix
September 18th, 2007, 08:11 PM
A friend e-mailed them to me. He gets them from one of those offshore gambling sites(he is a major gambler). Pinnacle Sports, maybe?

oh thanks, just curious. it seems hard to come by to find these sort of lines, always interesting to see how teams stand.

LBPop
September 19th, 2007, 09:00 AM
You should have seen my term papers! Goldilocks and Red Riding Hood: A Paradigm of Sexual Harassment and Bestiality in Medieval Europe.xreadx

:p :p
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

bulldog10jw
September 22nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
YaleFootballFan, Ivytalk, and I all 5-1