PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Citadel!

ASUG8
September 17th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I know you didn't win, but I thought we had another big ten takedown on our hands at the half on Saturday. You guys played a great first half, and it looked like the size advantage for the cheeseheads took its' toll in the second half. Either way, well played and we'll look forward to our meeting with you!:)

Mountaineer#96
September 17th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Congrats cadets..........I was pulling for the upset. Could be a possible show down for the SOCON in Chuck town this year on Nov. 3rd if we both keep it up. I'll be there and so will my favorite knob.

Millwoch
September 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks. I was there and our boys showed up ready to play and really wanted to win. They did not look intimated. The size of Wisconsins o-line was impressive. Looked like a professional offensive line. We tried to stack the box, and got beat on the pass early. The run game really hurt us in the 3rd, and a turnover on the 35 did not help. We managed 10 points in the 4th against their 2nd and 3rd teams to make the score more respectfull. We are ready for socon play, but have a week off. Our leading tackler, Josh Lawson hurt his knee early in the 3rd quarter, but we are hoping it is not that serious.

Thanks for pulling for us and see ya in Charleston Nov. 3.

Death Dealer
September 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Way to go Bellhops! You put on quite a show for those Big 10 boys. xthumbsupx

citdog
September 17th, 2007, 10:33 AM
I know you didn't win, but I thought we had another big ten takedown on our hands at the half on Saturday. You guys played a great first half, and it looked like the size advantage for the cheeseheads took its' toll in the second half. Either way, well played and we'll look forward to our meeting with you!:)

thanks dude! i know you are new so pm bobbythekidd for his post for knobs and remember, it's The Citadel!xthumbsupx xcoffeex

Khan4Cats
September 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I'll be there and so will my favorite knob.

I know what you mean, but that just sounds so wrong.xrolleyesx

Watched most of that game, The Citadel just didn't get it going again after half, until it was out of reach. Wisconsin is better than Michigan, but that is in a typical Big Ten-grind-it-out-and-a-cloud-of dust way. The speed factor was in the Bulldogs favor, the size was clearly Wisconsin.
Hope everyone came out healthy, I note that Edwards took enough hits against Michigan that they've held him out to recover, hope that's not a sign of long-term issues. Should be a fun season to follow the SOCON, as well as the Gateway. Not sure on the CAA just yet and the BSC and Southland are still questions as well in terms of depth.

ASUG8
September 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
thanks dude! i know you are new so pm bobbythekidd for his post for knobs and remember, it's The Citadel!xthumbsupx xcoffeex

Sorry, didn't want to get you mixed up with all the other SoCon Citadels out there, kinda like THE Ohio State University. J/k

I've enjoyed reading this last season and up until now, but I just joined. Seems you have a really classy, respectful site here and I'll behave no differently. That being said, GO APPS!

phillyAPP
September 17th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Congrats again

I think we should start a BIG 10 Vs. SoCon Football challenge!!!!!!!

I bet we hold our own and win a few, keep it to top 4 teams in Socon.

My wife and I are changing plans to come to Charleston Nov 3,CitDog.

We will hopefully get tickets this week.

I love this time of year

Millwoch
September 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Congrats again

I think we should start a BIG 10 Vs. SoCon Football challenge!!!!!!!

I bet we hold our own and win a few, keep it to top 4 teams in Socon.

My wife and I are changing plans to come to Charleston Nov 3,CitDog.

We will hopefully get tickets this week.

I love this time of year

Expect Appy to play in front of another sell out crowd, as it is Homecoming for The Citadel. Pray for good weather as there will be lots of tailgating that week.

Mountaineer#96
September 17th, 2007, 10:43 AM
A good amount of App fans are finding it easier to see away games this year, but The Citadel has us for Homecoming so that game will be a great deal harder to find tickets than say Elon or Wofford.

ASUG8
September 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM
A good amount of App fans are finding it easier to see away games this year, but The Citadel has us for Homecoming so that game will be a great deal harder to find tickets than say Elon or Wofford.

I've already got my WCU tix at KBS, and I'll make my first trip to Greenville in black and gold to visit the Purple people. Man, I love this time of year - college all day Saturday, and Fantasy Football on Sunday/Monday!

lizrdgizrd
September 17th, 2007, 11:25 AM
App's game at Elon is their Parents' Day I think, so the tickets will be scarce. :(

citdog
September 17th, 2007, 11:32 AM
App's game at Elon is their Parents' Day I think, so the tickets will be scarce. :(

at Elon? i DOUBT THAT!

lizrdgizrd
September 17th, 2007, 11:38 AM
at Elon? i DOUBT THAT!
Lots of parents show up, plus LOTS of app alumni in the area. Get your tickets now. Would have got mine, but I'm going to see PC vs NCCU. xnodx

james_lawfirm
September 18th, 2007, 07:11 PM
at Elon? i DOUBT THAT!

Ahem, I think they're standing room only right now, if not completely sold out! Believe it or not! My wife ordered tickets last week & the best she could do is standing in the grass. Yep, that's AT ELON!!! xeekx xeekx xeekx

AlphaSigMD
September 18th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Plus Rhodes stadium is TINY.

Also, Elon fan's are amused by ASU tailgaters...or atleast they were by us when we went to the ASU-Elon basketball game last year.

ps. we sold out the basketball game last year and a LOT of people, even elon fans, got turned away.

ElonPride
September 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Plus Rhodes stadium is TINY.

Also, Elon fan's are amused by ASU tailgaters...or atleast they were by us when we went to the ASU-Elon basketball game last year.

ps. we sold out the basketball game last year and a LOT of people, even elon fans, got turned away.

11,000 tickets have been sold to this year's App/Elon game. Our ticket office has said tickets sold to App fans is much lower than expected.

It is family weekend and we do generally get 8500-10,000 anyway.

You want to see a "tiny" stadium? Take a look at CSU.

AlphaSigMD
September 18th, 2007, 09:03 PM
11,000 tickets have been sold to this year's App/Elon game. Our ticket office has said tickets sold to App fans is much lower than expected.

It is family weekend and we do genreally get 8500-10,000 anyway.

I hope you understand that I meant no offense at all to Elon. I think its a beautiful school and an asset to the SOCON. Rhodes might be the nicest stadium, seat for seat in the SOCON. Its probably got the most beautiful campus(better than furman), and I've spent a lot of time there as my girlfriend just graduated.

However, don't underestimate the ability of ASU fans to travel, especially if Elon continues to play well. I would love to be at the game this year.

ElonPride
September 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I hope you understand that I meant no offense at all to Elon. I think its a beautiful school and an asset to the SOCON. Rhodes might be the nicest stadium, seat for seat in the SOCON. Its probably got the most beautiful campus(better than furman), and I've spent a lot of time there as my girlfriend just graduated.

However, don't underestimate the ability of ASU fans to travel, especially if Elon continues to play well. I would love to be at the game this year.

I took no offense to the comment! I love our stadium! Yes it is small, but is sure beats driving 7-8 miles from campus like before '01!

It's too bad the FB stadium is on the ugliest side of campus :)

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't think Elon is more beautiful than Furman. Furman is NICE!

appsfan
September 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM

It is family weekend and we do generally get 8500-10,000 anyway.

You may be right about a smaller amount of App fans at Elon. I read somewhere that our ticket office sold their 250 ticket allotment (I bought my tickets through ASU's ticket office) and that all permanent seating for Elonis sold out. Any tickets bought the last couple weeks are for your grass bank. I would guess a lot of those are late decision App fans. xthumbsupx

BTW, congrats to The Citadel for doing the SoCon and FCS proud Saturday.

lizrdgizrd
September 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I took no offense to the comment! I love our stadium! Yes it is small, but is sure beats driving 7-8 miles from campus like before '01!

It's too bad the FB stadium is on the ugliest side of campus :)

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't think Elon is more beautiful than Furman. Furman is NICE!
I've got to say that Rhodes is 1,000,00 steps up from Williams HS's stadium. xhurrayx

It looks great, there's grass to sit on, plenty of room to expand when necessary, and it's near a pond so you can throw your goal posts in there after big wins! xthumbsupx

gophoenix
September 20th, 2007, 06:58 AM
So.

Why is it ok for App to sell out games where opponents can't get tickets. But it is not okay for Elon to sellout games where it prevents App fans from coming?

ASU88
September 20th, 2007, 07:48 AM
So.

Why is it ok for App to sell out games where opponents can't get tickets. But it is not okay for Elon to sellout games where it prevents App fans from coming?

Who said that?

By the way, I went to the ASU-Elon game in '05 at Elon. I was very impressed with their stadium. Very nice.

And I did get my tix for this year. They are on the bank, but that's fine since my son will want to be playing there during the game anyway. :)

AppGirl
September 20th, 2007, 07:50 AM
So.

I think it's GREAT for Elon, or anyone else, to sell out games. xthumbsupx I wish I'd ordered my tickets for this game earlier, but since I didn't, my son and I will be sitting in the grass. xrulesx People just need to remember, first come, first served. I'll get into the stadium in time to find a good seat on the grass and have a blast cheering on the Mountaineers.xhypedx xhypedx

Go APP!

lizrdgizrd
September 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
So.

I think it's important for teams like Elon to start selling out their home games. xthumbsupx

gophoenix
September 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
The grass is great for little kids. It is where my daughter and I will be for the game this weekend.

jwfgeol
September 20th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I second the congrats to The Citadel. This game is about the only thing that has made the Big 11 Network watchable this year (unfortunately, it wasn't turned on on Dish Network for week 1). Maybe they should change to the SoCon Network.