PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - Week 4

carney2
September 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
A real big week for the Patsies, going 5-2 against the Ivies. That makes it 9-8 overall vs. OOC in 2007. Lafayette snuck into one of the national polls last week. Would not be surprised to see 2 (3?) up there this week.

Here is the week 4 lineup. Again, games are listed in the order presented on the Patriot League website.

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS 1:00

Richmond @ BUCKNELL 1:00

Dayton @ FORDHAM 1:00

VMI @ LEHIGH 1:00

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE 6:00

COLGATE is idle.

Look for the week 3 results in the lounge.

letsgopards04
September 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS 1:00 Holy Cross

Richmond @ BUCKNELL 1:00 Bucknell

Dayton @ FORDHAM 1:00 Fordham

VMI @ LEHIGH 1:00 lehigh

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE 6:00 Lafayette (The Pards squeak out a tight game against the Tigers.)

I think another big week for the PL OOC.

breezy
September 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Week 4 predictions (admittedly, I know very little about some of the opponents on this card).

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS. HC wins, but game is closer than might be suspected. HOLY CROSS.

Richmond @ BUCKNELL. Bucknell has come down to earth after a good opener; Richmond will be too much to handle. RICHMOND.

Dayton @ FORDHAM. Fordham has made more progress than I expected, and I think they can continue. FORDHAM.

VMI @ LEHIGH. Lehigh is a good team, and is always tough at Goodman. LEHIGH.

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE. Lafayette seems to be depending on its defense while its offense tries to get untracked. LAFAYETTE.

Looking for 3 out of 4 OOC wins, including another win over the Ivy League.

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Let's hope the Lafayette clock official isn't the one who flat-out JOBBED the Hoyas this weekend. Excerpted from the New Haven Register:

"The first half ended with some controversy. First, a Georgetown lob pass into the end zone from 3 yards out took just 0.3 seconds. After Siedlecki spoke with the officials, an additional 1.8 seconds were taken off, bringing the clock down to 6 seconds. Then Georgetown's Matt Bassuener (27 of 37 for 181 yards) had his pass attempt tipped by Yale linebacker Jay Pilkerton. As the ball hit the stadium's FieldTurf, it appeared there was [0.3] on the clock, but the officials ruled the half was over, denying Georgetown another play from the 3-yard line, or at least a field goal attempt. "

14-14 at the half could have changed the game. Instead, Yale scored on the opening drive to go up 21-7.

Again, 0.3 left on the clock and the officials WAVE IT OFF.

(Ehhh, it's only Georgetown, so no big deal in Center Valley.) Think they would allow that to happen at Fisher Field?

Go...gate
September 16th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Are we playing at Idle Memorial Stadium or at Andy Kerr??

Go...gate
September 16th, 2007, 04:47 PM

SORRY ABOUT THIS - MY COMPUTER BURPED! Moderators, could you please remove the extra post?

Thank you.

colorless raider
September 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Let's hope the Lafayette clock official isn't the one who flat-out JOBBED the Hoyas this weekend. Excerpted from the New Haven Register:

"The first half ended with some controversy. First, a Georgetown lob pass into the end zone from 3 yards out took just 0.3 seconds. After Siedlecki spoke with the officials, an additional 1.8 seconds were taken off, bringing the clock down to 6 seconds. Then Georgetown's Matt Bassuener (27 of 37 for 181 yards) had his pass attempt tipped by Yale linebacker Jay Pilkerton. As the ball hit the stadium's FieldTurf, it appeared there was [0.3] on the clock, but the officials ruled the half was over, denying Georgetown another play from the 3-yard line, or at least a field goal attempt. "

14-14 at the half could have changed the game. Instead, Yale scored on the opening drive to go up 21-7.

(Ehhh, it's only Georgetown, so no big deal in Center Valley.) Think they would allow that to happen at Fisher Field?

Coach Jack has a well known reputation of whining to refs. It sounds like it worked this time. Sorry about that, it would have been nice it the Hoyas had dumped the Eli.

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Coach Jack has a well known reputation of whining to refs. It sounds like it worked this time. Sorry about that, it would have been nice it the Hoyas had dumped the Eli.

I don't think so.

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2007, 05:39 PM

Even the Yale annoucers thought there should have been time left after the last play of the first half. However, there is no play that only takes .3 seconds so the refs were correct in taking SOME time off the clock on the next to last play. Isn't it nice to have a game close enough so you can bitch about the refs.xthumbsupx

carney2
September 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM

My schedule has it at Brooklyn's Ebbets Field.

carney2
September 16th, 2007, 07:32 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS: I have no idea how he's doing it, but I'm a believer. Gilmore for Pope! Holy Cross

Richmond @ BUCKNELL: Unless the Bison have Red Auerbach wandering the sideline and Bob Cousy under center, this is a lost cause. Richmond

Dayton @ FORDHAM: 3-0 notwithstanding, nothing good has come from Dayton since Wilbur and Orville built that flying bike for ET. Fordham

VMI @ LEHIGH: Virginia is for lovers, not warriors. Lehigh

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE: These two have been playing, off and on, since 1883. Lafayette has won 4 of these. FOUR!!! It shouldn't take an Ivy League diploma to figure this one out. I don't have an Ivy League diploma and I'm beginning to love the Pards' "D." Lafayette

ngineer
September 16th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Hoyas @ Crusaders: Could be a trap game for Holy Cross. Coming off big win over Harvard. Georgetown played Yale tough. I think HC has a little too much firepower, but Georgetown will keep it interesting. 'Saders, 28-17.

Spiders @ Bison: Bucknell seems to be having troubles getting rolling. Richmond at a higher level. Unless Bison can play 'keep away' with a good ground game to eat the clock, this could be ugly. I think Bucknell will regroup to play well (they have given Richmond close games recently), but Spiders fill their web, 31-17.

Flyers @ Rams: Fordham has to be psyched the way their season has started, and I suspect Masella will keep it stoked. Dayton coming into the Big Apple will be grounded, 21-17.

Keydets @ Mountain Hawks: This has the makings of a blowout, based upon the Keydets struggles. However, Lehigh has shown a lot of inconsistency to counterbalance a lot of talent. Lots of early season turnovers and mistakes. IF Lehigh puts it all together, this won't be close; but two years ago, coming off the near-miss at Delware, Lehigh got out of Lexington by the skin of its teeth. What the Lehigh backfield will look like is anyone's guess right now. Regardless, the Brown & White will have too much, 38-17.

Tigers @ Leopards: Stripes versus spots. PU will be seeing stars. First game jitters and screwups cost the Tigers dearly against Lehigh. Lafayette's big bulk should wear Princeton down. Tigers are not big, though quick. Showed some quick strike ability in the second half, but I don't think the spotted cats should have much trouble, 28-14.

DetroitFlyer
September 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I just checked Sagarin. Fordham is ranked #70 in FCS and Dayton is ranked #76. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great game. Dayton's defense has given up 12, 7, and 0 points in the last three games. I expect a dogfight, that might come down to a FG or a critical mistake on one team or the other.... Too early for me to make a pick, but I'll post a prediction before I depart Detroit for the Big Apple!

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I am shocked that G'town and Yale were so close.

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I don't blame Siedlecki for the time issue, but I don't know if it was the back judge that missed the clock winding down or the PL timekeeper asleep at the switch (pun intended).

hc12
September 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM
gtwn@hc trap game maybe but gilmore will have the boys ready,randolph has another 350 plus passing game believe in the crusaders hc wins 40-21
richmond@bucknell spiders way to tough for bucknell 28-14
dayton @fordham the new rb for fordham that became eligible looks like a poor man's dawson from havard he is the the play maker rams 21-10
vmi@lehigh lehigh way fired up the cadets to soft hawks win 28-14
princeton@lafayette the pards in a very close game tigers to small get worn down in the 4th qtr. pards win 17-14. go hc go patriot league sader nation is on fire! where is sader bob?xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xpeacex

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS: I have no idea how he's doing it, but I'm a believer.

Maybe so, but I suspect you'll be picking against Georgetown for seven of the remaining eight opponents anyway, and maybe even all eight.

Lafayette71
September 17th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Week 4 Predictions

Call it a trap game, letdown game, or maybe I want to be the only one who goes 6-6 this week (including the colgate thrashing of Idle) but I am taking the Hoyas to grind it out on the ground a steal one from the crusaders in a shocker Georgetown 24-21

Richmond is a much better team than Cornell. Home field not enough for the bison. Richmond 35-10

I don't know a lot about Dayton, but Fordham has exceeded expectations to date. Rams 31-17

I missed the boat on Lehigh last week. I'll try a little reverse psycology here and take Lehigh by at least 3 touchdowns.

Another Ivy team Lafayette beats once every three decades or so. Based on the performance last week, the tigers are either not as strong as the team that swept LC and LU last year , or there were some first game bugs to work out. Princeton should be more prepared this week so I expect this to be more closely contested than the Princeton-Lehigh game. I think the Leopards should pull it out at home 24-21.

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Georgetown
Richmond
Fordham
Lehigh
Princeton

carney2
September 17th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Maybe so, but I suspect you'll be picking against Georgetown for seven of the remaining eight opponents anyway, and maybe even all eight.

You're probably right. I'd have to check the schedule. In this case however, it was 100% a pro-Holy Cross pick.

CrusaderBob
September 17th, 2007, 10:07 AM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS: I have no idea how he's doing it, but I'm a believer. Gilmore for Pope! Holy Cross

Perhaps you "misunderestimate" the overall talent level of the team and Gilmore's ability to get them to play as as a team. You know, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts thing.

Or maybe it's just the videotaping of the opposition's defensive signals! xeekx xsmiley_wix

go hc go patriot league sader nation is on fire! where is sader bob?xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xpeacex

I'm here HC12. It's been a busy weekend. Chimed in on the victory on the Crossports message board - though I post under a different name there.

My picks, as usual, will come toward the end of the week after I've had a chance to assess the impact of injuries from the past week, thoroughly review the coaches tape, and breakdown and analyze all the key match-ups. Once that is done I will then make a complete guess as to the outcomes.

You can be sure though, that with my dad (HC '50) travelling from Maryland to visit me for a long weekend which includes heading out to Fitton for tailgating and the game, one of my picks will be solidly purple!

carney2
September 17th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Week 3 results have been posted in The Lounge.

carney2
September 17th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Perhaps you "misunderestimate" the overall talent level of the team and Gilmore's ability to get them to play as as a team. You know, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts thing.

That whole synergy thing is overrated. It does not appear possible to overrate Tom Gilmore and Dominic Randolph, however.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Holy Cross
Richmond
Fordham
Lehigh
Lafayette

TheValleyRaider
September 17th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Georgetown at Holy Cross Holy Cross Mix a possible let-down game for the Crusaders with a Hoya team showing actual signs of real life this year, and you have a recipe for a game that's tighter than HC will want it to be

Richmond at Bucknell Richmond I don't really know what to think of Richmond just yet, but then again I don't really know what to think of Bucknell either

Dayton at Fordham Fordham Rams a solid bunch this year, better than Pioneer power Dayton. Solid win for Fordham solidifies a growing program

VMI at Lehigh Lehigh Wild game from Lexington several years back is not repeated as Hawks take control of this game

Princeton at Lafayette Lafayette Really a tough game to pick here, as the Leopards are likely to bite me in the butt if I start thinking they've really kicked their Ivy bug. Plus, Princeton's a solid side, and I have a hard time thinking our record vs. the Ivies will remain as good as 5-2 all season. Eh, screw it, I'll take the home team

Bye Football: Undefeated since 1870

LBPop
September 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Even the Yale annoucers thought there should have been time left after the last play of the first half. However, there is no play that only takes .3 seconds so the refs were correct in taking SOME time off the clock on the next to last play. Isn't it nice to have a game close enough so you can bitch about the refs.xthumbsupx

Not to belabor the point, but I'm not sure you have the accurate picture. The last official play started with 6 full seconds on the clock. When the pass hit the ground there was still time left...I saw about 1.2 seconds, but it doesn't matter. As long as it's not zero, there should be another snap.

Having said all that, in my opinion the game was ultimately decided on the first drive of the second half. The Hoyas came out angry and genuinely believing that they got hosed at the end of the first half. But Yale just took the ball down the field and scored. It was just too much for Georgetown to overcome.

RichH2
September 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I am sorry I missed the 1st couple opf weeks. Well I'll sit on the sidelines this year. You're all lucky as by my count I haven't gotten any wrong so far.LOL

Great Ivy start this year. Hopefully PL can keep it up. Now if we can punch up our OOC vs schollies it would be perfect.

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Not to belabor the point, but I'm not sure you have the accurate picture. The last official play started with 6 full seconds on the clock. When the pass hit the ground there was still time left...I saw about 1.2 seconds, but it doesn't matter. As long as it's not zero, there should be another snap.

Having said all that, in my opinion the game was ultimately decided on the first drive of the second half. The Hoyas came out angry and genuinely believing that they got hosed at the end of the first half. But Yale just took the ball down the field and scored. It was just too much for Georgetown to overcome.

I understand what you're saying. I was only responding to the fact that only .3 seconds ran off the clock on the next to last play of the half. I'm not argiung that you should not have had another play. I'm sure you should have. Like I said, the YALE announcers said there was time left on the clock when the football hit the ground on the last play.

By the way, did the refs answer any questions about the time? They must have explained it to the G-Town coaches. Any feedback?

carney2
September 17th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Apologies. Technical difficulties in The Lounge necessitate the re-posting of Week 3 Results. I'll try to get to it tonight (Monday).

ColgateTD
September 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Carney: really lame question, but where is "the Lounge" and how do I get there?...xconfusedx

Hey, I'm a relative newbie on this board...cut me some slack...

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Look for AGS Lounge and curl up with a good glass of white zin poured by Carney

lizrdgizrd
September 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Carney: really lame question, but where is "the Lounge" and how do I get there?...xconfusedx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Holy Cross 34 Georgetown 20: I don't believe it will be easy for the Crusaders but they'll have enough offense to get by the improving Hoya's who will still be 0-4.

Richmond 48 Bucknell 10- Richmond put a hurting on a decent Northeastern team and Bucknell has shown almost nothing the last two weeks against mediocre opponents. This one has the potential to be ugly.

Fordham 35 Dayton 17- Should be a solid test to see where the Rams are. They haven't played the toughest competition, the best team they played Albany, they lost too, but they've certaintly showed signs of improvement. This is a game they need to win.

Lehigh 41 VMI 17- VMI hasn't been close in any of their games so far, granted they've played tough teams, but still. VMI might hang around for a half but the Keydets just aren't a very good football team and one Lehigh should cruise by. It might not be as bad as i've predicted but 17+ point win should be in the cards.

Lafayette 21 Princeton 17: Princeton is better than what they showed last week against Lehigh. I highly doubt they'll have 5 turnovers in the first half again. Lafayette has showed to be pretty good after passing their first real test against Penn. I don't it will be easy but the 'Pards should eek out a win again this week.

LBPop
September 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I understand what you're saying. I was only responding to the fact that only .3 seconds ran off the clock on the next to last play of the half. I'm not argiung that you should not have had another play. I'm sure you should have. Like I said, the YALE announcers said there was time left on the clock when the football hit the ground on the last play.

By the way, did the refs answer any questions about the time? They must have explained it to the G-Town coaches. Any feedback?

The best information that I have received is on DFW's website. I really don't know any more. As for that .3 second play, I think that was the play where the officials decided to run the clock down to 6 seconds because almost no time elapsed on the clock. Between the antiquated scoreboard, the less than expert timekeeper and some confused/frustrated officials, the whole thing was a mess. In retrospect I'm glad it wasn't a one score game. People would then be going really bonkers.

Fordham
September 17th, 2007, 04:31 PM
holycrossrichmondfordhamlehighlafayette

LUHawker
September 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Holy Cross by 17. Georgetown did ok against a run-oriented offense, but I think they'll get lit up by HC.

Richmond by 20.

Fordham by 4 - Dayton will hang tough with the Rams

Lehigh by 14 - Until I see a little more from the LU offense, I can't see a huge blowout

Princeton by 10 - Princeton gets its sea legs

hc12
September 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Or maybe it's just the videotaping of the opposition's defensive signals! xeekx xsmiley_wix

I'm here HC12. It's been a busy weekend. Chimed in on the victory on the Crossports message board - though I post under a different name there.

My picks, as usual, will come toward the end of the week after I've had a chance to assess the impact of injuries from the past week, thoroughly review the coaches tape, and breakdown and analyze all the key match-ups. Once that is done I will then make a complete guess as to the outcomes.

You can be sure though, that with my dad (HC '50) travelling from Maryland to visit me for a long weekend which includes heading out to Fitton for tailgating and the game, one of my picks will be solidly purple!

well have an adult beverage at the game with your dad and have another one for me.GO hc go patriot league,glad to see your back crusader bob,carney between coach pinsett game planing and gilmore infusing the team with remember the titans feelings the team has bought into it.plus randolph is cool under pressure nothing phases this kid,he did not even play qb his senoir year in high school,he is a field general and someone you would fight for in the heat of the battle.

colgate13
September 17th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I think Fordham's got a lot to be excited about, but I think we're all in general selling Dayton short. I'm rooting for the Rams but I'm not going to be surprised at an "upset".

BobbyMo
September 17th, 2007, 09:56 PM
HOLY CROSS
Richmond
Dayton
LEHIGH
LAFAYETTE

carney2
September 17th, 2007, 11:22 PM
holycross
richmond
fordham
lehigh
lafayette

sheesh!

Pard94
September 18th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Hardly original but sometimes the easy answer is the right answer...

Holy Cross
Richmond
Fordham
Lehigh
Lafayette

Engineer91
September 18th, 2007, 07:18 AM
HOLY CROSS
Richmond
Dayton
LEHIGH
LAFAYETTE

LBPop
September 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Well, I'm gonna be a little bit of a contrarian this week. No good reason, but why should this week be any different? I always have reasons, but not one of them is a good reason.

Lafayette over Princeton
Lehigh over VMI
Dayton over Fordham
Richmond over Bucknell
Georgetown over Holy Cross - The Holy Cross offense should be able to move the ball, but for the first time in years the Hoyas might actually be able to outscore some people. This pick is totally made with the heart...not the head.

LeopardFan04
September 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Holy Cross
Richmond
Fordham
Lehigh
Lafayette

carney2
September 18th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Georgetown over Holy Cross - The Holy Cross offense should be able to move the ball, but for the first time in years the Hoyas might actually be able to outscore some people. This pick is totally made with the heart...not the head.

DFW already smacked me around for using my few remaining gray cells to pick the 'saders in this one. They are apparently much better than I expected. I will however, be wearing that gosh awful blue and gray for this one for two reasons:

1. I would like to move each of the contenders (in this case, Holy Cross) out of the way as quickly as possible so that my Pards can achieve their rightful place in the universe at the top of the Patsy heap before I have to suffer through another stomach flipping game against the Chicken Squawks with the championship on the line.

and

2. Enough already with the "good game" moral victories. Win one!

Pard 82
September 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS 1:00

Richmond @ BUCKNELL 1:00

Dayton @ FORDHAM 1:00

VMI @ LEHIGH 1:00

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE 6:00

COLGATE is idle.

Rjm7272
September 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Holy Cross over Georgetown
Richmond over Bucknell
Dayton over Fordham
Lehigh over VMI
Lafayette over Princeton

ColgateTD
September 20th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Holy Cross 37, Georgetown 15
Richmond 42, Bucknell 13
Fordham 17, Dayton 10
Lehigh 29, VMI 3
Lafayette 27, Princeton 17

Boo Hoo, 'Gate is Eric Idle....

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Should be another strong PL week...

Holy Cross 28, Georgetown 14
Richmond 35, Bucknell 10
Lehigh 42, VMI 13
Fordham 24, Dayton 10
Lafayette 17, Princeton 14

Pards hopefully win another tight game, but with that horrid record vs. Princeton, I am still nervous... only beaten Princeton and Penn in the same season ONCE... 1982..

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 20th, 2007, 09:59 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS. HC 45-10. GU still on track for 1-10 season.

Richmond @ BUCKNELL. Richmond 49-14. Richmond is the CAA Sleeper

Dayton @ FORDHAM. Fordham 24-17. Fordham is the PL Sleeper.

VMI @ LEHIGH. Lehigh 49-21. Lehigh gets a breather this week.

Princeton @ LAFAYETTE. Lafayette 22-21. Just barely, but a win in this neighborhood brawl.

Lafalumni29
September 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
VMI
Richmond
Lafayette
Fordham
Holycross

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2007, 08:23 AM
Lafayette 28 Princeton 21 -- I think we are very fired up and win a close one at home
Lehigh 49 VMI 7 --- VMI is Maristesqe aka very poor, Lehigh will roll
Fordham 31 Dayton 24 -- Sorry Detroit Flyer Fordham just has more talent, but Dayton will play tough
Richmond 35 Bucknell 14 -- Richmond is just quite a bit better
Holy Cross 24 Georgetown 13- G-Town has a good D and they will hold the Holy Cross Offense somewhat in check--the problem however is the Hoyas offense cant deliver

bison137
September 21st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Princeton
Lehigh
Fordham
Richmond
Holy Cross

LBPop
September 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM
G-Town has a good D and they will hold the Holy Cross Offense somewhat in check--the problem however is the Hoyas offense cant deliver

You know, that has been the Georgetown profile for the past few years, but this season is different. In two of the three games, the Hoya offense has shown up very well...check the Yale stats and you might be surprised. If the defense can just tighten up a little, Georgetown would have a real chance in many games. But, I'm getting real tired of that word, IF.

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2007, 09:05 AM
You know, that has been the Georgetown profile for the past few years, but this season is different. In two of the three games, the Hoya offense has shown up very well...check the Yale stats and you might be surprised. If the defense can just tighten up a little, Georgetown would have a real chance in many games. But, I'm getting real tired of that word, IF.

I have not seen G-Town in action so there O may be much improved, I was going stricly off their point totals which have been pretty Modest. Of course Lafayette has given up very few points all year, and Yale is one of the best IVy teams this year. This HC game will be very telling if G-Town has made any real strides this year.

Ken_Z
September 21st, 2007, 09:32 AM
since i seem to be a good contrarian indicator, perhaps it would be best if i picked against the PL teams from now on.

GEORGETOWN 21 @ HOLY CROSS 28: G'town officially assumes the crown of moral victorians from the Saders. question if Holy Cross played Liberty, could they have a moral victory over the Falwellians?

Richmond 85 @ BUCKNELL 3: so when Bucknell is kicked out of the PL, will the MAAC accept us? will we be required to go for all sports or just football?

Dayton 21 @ FORDHAM 27: i'm a believer. oops, i just screwed up that contrarian indicator thing.

VMI 17 @ LEHIGH 35: so does VMI listed in all caps mean that Carney has already annointed them to replace the Bison in the PL?

Princeton 27 @ LAFAYETTE 17: only because i want to help the Leps out with my contrarian skills, otherwise i'd never pick against my beloved Pards xsmiley_wix

LBPop
September 21st, 2007, 09:38 AM
G'town officially assumes the crown of moral victorians from the Saders.

Despite the Catholic vs. Catholic aspects of this game (and on Yom Kippur, no less), I think I can safely say that the Georgetown faithful would be happy to accept an Amoral victory. xnodx

PeacockRaider
September 21st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Georgetown @ HC...Like to see the Hoyas win, but im from Missouri they gotta show me

Richmond @ Bucknell..."I thought you said Im alright Spider," "No you ain't alright Spider no go get me a f'ing drink."xlolx

Dayton @ Fordham...Good start for the Rams continue in a Battle in the Bronx

VMI @ Lehigh...Big day for the Artists formerly known as the Engineers

Princeton @ Lafayette.. UPSET PICK OF THE WEEK, Leopards go back to stumbling against Ivies now that the Tigers have a week under their belt. PU 24-21

Raiders blow off some steam at the Jug, while Saint Peter's remains undefeated

carney2
September 21st, 2007, 10:36 AM

Sorry. I miised this. Go to the bottom of this page. Click on "Forum Jump." You will be presented with a drop down list. Under "Other Interests," click on "AGS Lounge." No need to go there for Week 3 results. I surrendered to the cyber gremlins and there is no post. I will be using a new and improved technique to post for Week 4 however. There is not a leprechaun alive that will beat me in Week 4.

Ken_Z
September 21st, 2007, 10:42 AM
I will be using a new and improved technique to post for Week 4 however.

type and submit? :D

carney2
September 21st, 2007, 10:51 AM
type and submit? :D

No, Mr. Smarty Pants. Type and SAVE - in case I have to resubmit. There ya go. A straight answer to a crooked question.

carney2
September 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Apparently this is a week with little appeal. We have fewer than normal participants for a Friday afternoon and the picks are straight from Xerox - all pretty much the same. Therefore, and to no none's surprise, Kid Konsensus says:

HOLY CROSS over GEORGETOWN
Richmond over BUCKNELL
FORDHAM over Dayton
LEHIGH over VMI
LAFAYETTE over Princeton
Idle over COLGATE

Ken_Z
September 21st, 2007, 11:59 AM
No, Mr. Smarty Pants. Type and SAVE - in case I have to resubmit. There ya go. A straight answer to a crooked question.

thank you. i was already irked that i failed to get a rise out of you with my picks and had to resort to such a desparate, cheap trick such as this.

i must be losing my touch xbawlingx

ColgateTD
September 21st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry. I miised this. Go to the bottom of this page. Click on "Forum Jump." You will be presented with a drop down list. Under "Other Interests," click on "AGS Lounge." No need to go there for Week 3 results. I surrendered to the cyber gremlins and there is no post. I will be using a new and improved technique to post for Week 4 however. There is not a leprechaun alive that will beat me in Week 4.

Thanks Carney. KenZ or someone clued me in the other day. I'll be looking for your Week 4 results and the season totals....xbowx

kardplayer
September 21st, 2007, 05:14 PM
Another relatively easy week

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS 1:00 - Holy Cross wins this easily
Richmond @ BUCKNELL 1:00 - so does Richmond
Dayton @ FORDHAM 1:00 - hardest game of the week, but I'll take Fordham
VMI @ LEHIGH 1:00 - Lehigh
Princeton game - Princeton Loses
COLGATE is idle.

Andy
September 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
HC
Richmond
Dayton
LU
Lafayette

Fordham
September 21st, 2007, 09:18 PM
oh andy

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Some (not so) late thoughts:

Lehigh over VMI: Engineers are an improved team over the eleven that struggled past the Keydets a few years ago.

Fordham over Dayton: Another win for the maroon, but closer than we might think.

Richmond over Bucknell. I think Richmond catches BU at a bad time and should win by two scores.

Lafayette over Princeton: Home field prevails.

Holy Cross over Georgetown. The youth movement is on at 37th and O: twelve sophomores will start Saturday. Georgetown's secondary is similarly inexperienced and that favors the Purple. Next week, though, some better news awaits.

CrusaderBob
September 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM
HOLY CROSS
Richmond
FORDHAM
LEHIGH
Princeton

blukeys
September 21st, 2007, 11:46 PM
Apparently this is a week with little appeal. We have fewer than normal participants for a Friday afternoon and the picks are straight from Xerox - all pretty much the same. Therefore, and to no none's surprise, Kid Konsensus says:

HOLY CROSS over GEORGETOWN
Richmond over BUCKNELL
FORDHAM over Dayton
LEHIGH over VMI
LAFAYETTE over Princeton
Idle over COLGATE

I have Colgate over Idle but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Andy
September 22nd, 2007, 12:38 AM
oh andy

LOL. No, I'm not really off the Ram bandwagon, it's only gamesmanship. I've got to differ from "Kid Konsensus" or I've no hope to move up in the standings (if there were standings, which of course there aren't because who's counting). The only other obvious play was, well, I'm not going there...

carney2
September 22nd, 2007, 08:42 AM
if there were standings, which of course there aren't because who's counting)

I'm counting.

ngineer
September 22nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
PL goes 1-3 in the OOC games, with the Mountain Hawks getting the only win versus VMI. Most figured the Princeton game was a toss-up, and that Richmond would have little trouble with Bucknell, but I was surprised that Fordham got whacked like they did after starting the season so tough.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 23rd, 2007, 09:39 AM
Credit to Dayton - they are not a bad team. Fordham is a young team, though, and they look to be inconsistent this year.

Fortunately, losing to Dayton and Albany ain't what it used to be.

Princeton came out with a much better performance this week as I thought, but you're right, it was really a toss-up game.

Dayton ruined my perfect record this week in picking those games. xmadx

TheValleyRaider
September 23rd, 2007, 12:38 PM
xbangx xbangx xbangx That's what I get for falling into the Lafayette trap

Flyer Gramps
September 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Credit to Dayton - they are not a bad team. Fordham is a young team, though, and they look to be inconsistent this year.

Fortunately, losing to Dayton and Albany ain't what it used to be.

Dayton ruined my perfect record this week in picking those games. xmadx

Thanks for careful credit, we'll take all we can get.

So the Rams lost because they're young? Didn't see that in the predictions although some said they would win a close one. How many times must Dayton best Fordham to get respect in the East?

Detroit Flyer might have been the only correct prediction. Maybe all others were ruined on their Dayton prediction.

Please keep an eye on the Flyers, last year's losing season may have been an aberration. They are back to some good non-scholly football using juniors, sophomores and a couple freshmen along with seniors. It's not like they are all olde pros.

Gramps

BobbyMo
September 23rd, 2007, 06:43 PM
HEY GRAMPS..... I had Dayton as well

Flyer Gramps
September 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM

Thanks Bobby, I missed that.

So tell me, did you have a one point prediction for your Robert Morris team? Bet you predicted them by 7-10?

I printed out your stats with Morehead State, preparing for next Saturday. Have my motel reservations in Kentucky and expect a tough Dayton win, much like at your school. nothing is easy anymore in this Pioneer League.

Gramps xsmiley_wix

carney2
September 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM

Five people picked Dayton over Fordham.

Flyer Gramps
September 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
Five people picked Dayton over Fordham.

Great going! xthumbsupx I had bum info on this from your buddy Ralph. I ride his bus!

Actually this forum is a bit intimidating to an old man from the midwest. Heard of all your school names but don't know your leagues or history. Heck, I have my Road Atlas handy to find out where many are located.

Anyway, I pretty much follow a kid at UD and that plus Grandma keeps me busy enough.

Gramps

Andy
September 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm counting.

Yeah, I know. It was an attempt at humor, being a little facetious. We can't be "counting" because that apparently is viewed by management as having gambling overtures. Thanks for your efforts here, carney.

carney2
September 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Week 4 results have been posted in The Lounge.

carney2
September 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Corrections have been made to the year-to-date results for Week 4 and are posted in The Lounge.