PDA

View Full Version : Does your school offer authentic replica jerseys?

ncguitarplyr
September 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I sure know app doesn't xmadx

Go...gate
September 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM
No. They used to auction off the game-used jersies every couple years, but that is about as close as it got. I had a 1958-1959 Colgate jersey for many years - as Johnny Unitas used to say about his high-top cleats which he refused to give the NFL Hall of Fame , "they're good for cutting the grass". xrotatehx

89Hen
September 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
NO! xmadx Nike will not allow UD to sell them. xnonono2x F Nike... time for Under Armour!

ChiefGSU275
September 16th, 2007, 03:52 PM
In the bookstore at GSU you can order an authentic jersey with whatever name and number you want for roughly $90-100, and periodically the equipment manager will sell old game worn jerseys for around $50. I have 5 jerseys total - 2 #3 (one auto'd), and a #10 - bought from the bookstore. And I have a game-worn #7 blue and #32 white.

bisonguy
September 16th, 2007, 03:59 PM
One of the local sporting goods stores will order a somewhat limited amount when NDSU orders new jerseys. Of course, they're full authentics, so they typically run about $250.

There's usually plenty of replicas, running from about $50-100, and NDSU sells gameworn jerseys at the Spring Game.

nmatsen
September 16th, 2007, 04:13 PM
You might want to re-phrase that. An authentic jersey is one thing, a replica is another. You can not have an authentic replica. Not saying that to be rude or as smack. Just thought I would let you know.

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2007, 04:26 PM
We have plain maroon jerseys with missouri state on them. If they sold replica jerseys we'd sell out right away. They rock.

Retro
September 16th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Retro-sports offers replicas of Mcneese's jerseys.. They aren't the same maker and material as the one the players wear, but those are too heavy and costly for the average fan.. OT Sports makes ours as they do for lot of schools and we have right now 5 different numbers. We add at least 1 or 2 new numbers each year.... We also have the mini helmets, full size helmets in authentic and replica too! :D

brownbear
September 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
At the Brown-Duquesne game, vendors were selling jerseys at the game, but the colors don't exactly match with Brown's uniforms. They were only for about $45, but Brown's actual uniforms are brown and red, and they sold ones that were brown and orange.

Husky Alum
September 16th, 2007, 07:32 PM
NU sold a replica jersey in the late 80s/early 90s in the bookstore - which actually looks like our white jersey now. I haven't seen anything since.

I usually get one of the prior year's jerseys from the equipment manager prior to the start of training camp each year. I think they sell them at the spring game or something like that.

HiHiYikas
September 16th, 2007, 07:36 PM
App State's replicas have unneccesarily long sleeves - they're like 3/4 length - like a kid's flag football uniform.

The newer versions have ridiculous-looking cheese wedges on the ridiculous-looking 22" sleeves. I have an older version, I wear it pretty rarely.

Mountaineer2825
September 16th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Umm.. I bought mine in the pre-season fan fest "yard sale." It was a little pricey ($100), but it's the real deal and game-worn. Yes, that means I have #18 Justin Woazeah's 2006 home jersey.
http://photos-594.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v134/205/18/29702594/n29702594_33040721_5976.jpg

TheKDL
September 19th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Yes, the ASU fan fest sells authentic game worn jerseys. You say $100 is pricey for a jersey but think about it, GAME WORN STARTER jersey for $100 isn't that bad if you think about it. I bought #21, cant remember who wore it last year. But the jerseys sure are awesome!

th0m
September 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I wish they'd do that at JMU. I'd throw down some $$ for a game worn jersey, home or away!

HiHiYikas
September 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Yes, the ASU fan fest sells authentic game worn jerseys. You say $100 is pricey for a jersey but think about it, GAME WORN STARTER jersey for $100 isn't that bad if you think about it. I bought #21, cant remember who wore it last year. But the jerseys sure are awesome!
I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat, except they are sold at a one-time event, and I'm 5 hours from Boone. I don't need a game-worn jersey as much as I'd like to be able to walk into the bookstore when I happen to be in Boone and buy a good-looking authentic or replica jersey.

I actually thought about going down for the fanfest this year, but, as I recall, I got voted in at my new job that weekend. Maybe next year.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Umm.. I bought mine in the pre-season fan fest "yard sale." It was a little pricey ($100), but it's the real deal and game-worn.

Yes, the ASU fan fest sells authentic game worn jerseys. You say $100 is pricey for a jersey but think about it, GAME WORN STARTER jersey for $100 isn't that bad if you think about it
$100 for a game worn jersey is CHEAP! xthumbsupx

TheKDL
September 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I'm actually going to try and get there really early next year and see if I can get a white one too. Hopefully of Edwards, Lynch or Richardson... that is if they don't keep them!

DuckDuckGriz
September 19th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Yes. Here is one spot I found them.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Montana_Grizzlies/Nike_Montana_Grizzlies__Number_37_Maroon_Replica_F ootball_Jersey

Usually they sell jerseys also in the bookstore with numbers of star players. You will always see the #37 because it is the most prized number on the Grizzly defense passed down to a player from Montana that is the hardest hitter.

The UM bookstore also sells #12 jerseys in honor of "The 12th man" at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

HIU 93
September 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
No. Wish we did.

Laserlips
September 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
You might want to re-phrase that. An authentic jersey is one thing, a replica is another. You can not have an authentic replica. Not saying that to be rude or as smack. Just thought I would let you know.

Um...

MeThinks an "oxy-moron" be afoot...xrotatehx

J. Pomeroy

Minuteman87
September 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I have seen some UMass fans at games with these hideous attempts at game replica jerseys, but the fact is they look nothing like the real thing. They are the wrong shade of red (too light), and they have these disgusting gray shoulders and upper arms. Plus thay are all the same number -- 21. Don't ask me why. Instead of a name on the back, they have UMass (in letters that are way too small). I have seen a few real game jerseys, but I think they are parents, siblings, girlfriends etc. who get them from the players.

UMass has had a couple athletic department "yard sales" in the past couple years where they sell old unis and equipment but I have been unable to make it to Amherst to buy one.

Basically, UMass' marketing of that sort of thing stinks. Go to the store on campus and there are no replica football jerseys, basketball tops, hockey jerseys or anything. IMO, they are missing out on great marketing opportunities and the chance to make some $$$.

Don't get me started on how poorly dear old alma mater promotes its sports ...

BTW, great pic Mountaineer2825. But it took a few seconds to notice you because my eyes were drawn to the right ;). If that's your gf you're a lucky guy.

But seriously, the pic shows the vastness of UM's stadium. Must have been an awesome time.

ngineer
September 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
You can buy 'authentic' Lehigh jerseys made by the same manufacturer of the team's jerseys through the Lehigh bookstore.

Mountaineer2825
September 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I'm actually going to try and get there really early next year and see if I can get a white one too. Hopefully of Edwards, Lynch or Richardson... that is if they don't keep them!

They were only selling the black (home) jersey's this year. The white ones were given to the team following the championship game. Also, Edwards, Richardson, and Lynch's jersey's (home & away) I believe were on display somewhere on campus (def. not available for purchase).