PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Four

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Very entertaining schedule this week...looking forward to several of the games with more comments below with my picks...

This Week's Schedule
Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane
Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin
Central Arkansas at Missouri State
Texas State at South Dakota State
McNeese State at Southern Utah

Let's hear from y'all! I'm going out on a limb this week...and of course, when SLC play begins, my record will tank because you know how unpredictable those games are...
----------------------
TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 14-6
SLC Record: 1-0
Overall: 15-6

Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State - Colonels are looking solid this year, got off to a strong start against Nevada and will start strong and beat the NAIA rivals of San Diego

Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane - Tulane has not impressed me and I think the Green Wave are going to go down here. SELA played them tough when I think SELA did not have as good a team as they do now and Tulane had a better team than they do now.

Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin - I may be wrong here, but I'll take the gamble. WIU is really impressing me this year and got a spot in my AGS ballot. The Leathernecks are going to be a fun team to follow in Gateway play. Wins in Nacogdoches are tough, but the Jacks are beatable.

Central Arkansas at Missouri State - This game is going to be a fun intersectional rivalry for a few years to come. Was one of the games I was looking forward to prior to the season and I think this would be a nice win for the SLC. Give Missouri St credit, they are looking sharp this year.

Texas State at South Dakota State - I am picking a few SLC road wins, eh? Not sure if that'll do me any good, but the Bobcats impressed at Baylor and I think these guys want to show they are ready for SLC play. Going to Brookings to face the Jackrabbits is no easy contest.

McNeese State at Southern Utah - The SLC favorites will take this one. SUU has had a tough road this season and even though this game is at home, SUU just is over their heads this season with the toughest schedule in the land. Love the schedule, but this team is not in a position to win these games. Geaux Cowboys! Loved the win over ULL!

NSUDemon98
September 16th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Very entertaining schedule this week...looking forward to several of the games with more comments below with my picks...

This Week's Schedule

Let's hear from y'all! I'm going out on a limb this week...and of course, when SLC play begins, my record will tank because you know how unpredictable those games are...
----------------------
TT's Predictions

Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State - Colonels are looking solid this year, got off to a strong start against Nevada and will start strong and beat the NAIA rivals of San Diego

Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane - Tulane has not impressed me and I think the Green Wave are going to go down here. SELA played them tough when I think SELA did not have as good a team as they do now and Tulane had a better team than they do now.

Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin - I may be wrong here, but I'll take the gamble. WIU is really impressing me this year and got a spot in my AGS ballot. The Leathernecks are going to be a fun team to follow in Gateway play. Wins in Nacogdoches are tough, but the Jacks are beatable.

Central Arkansas at Missouri State - This game is going to be a fun intersectional rivalry for a few years to come. Was one of the games I was looking forward to prior to the season and I think this would be a nice win for the SLC. Give Missouri St credit, they are looking sharp this year.

Texas State at South Dakota State - I am picking a few SLC road wins, eh? Not sure if that'll do me any good, but the Bobcats impressed at Baylor and I think these guys want to show they are ready for SLC play. Going to Brookings to face the Jackrabbits is no easy contest.

McNeese State at Southern Utah - The SLC favorites will take this one. SUU has had a tough road this season and even though this game is at home, SUU just is over their heads this season with the toughest schedule in the land. Love the schedule, but this team is not in a position to win these games. Geaux Cowboys! Loved the win over ULL!

This Week's Schedule
BYE at Northwestern State - Stoker coached NSU will be flagged for a record 25 penalties, turn the ball over 3 times and lose by 35 pts.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State (Nicholls wins by at least 35)
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane (Close game...could go the other way)
Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin ("upset" special...Southall and Runnels get it done in a high scoring fest)
Central Arkansas at Missouri State (UCA gets ready for SLC play)

Texas State at South Dakota State (depends on which team shows up)
McNeese State at Southern Utah (come on Cowboys...don't have the post-FBS win letdown!)
BYE atNorthwestern State (in a squeaker, the Demons win on a last second FG block)

Freightliner
September 16th, 2007, 06:56 PM
my picks...I'll comment about these games before Thursday. Might have a change or two as well.

xrulesx Freightliner's Record xrulesx

patssle
September 16th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Dallas Demon
September 16th, 2007, 09:58 PM

slycat
September 16th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State - theyll whip san diegos friend
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane - tulane wins a close one
Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin - itll be tough on the road but i see sfa having problems
Central Arkansas at Missouri State - upset of the week for the slc. love uca but missouri st looks good this year.
Texas State at South Dakota State - texas st figured things out int he 2nd half at baylor. if they can stop the middle slant passes they will win.
McNeese State at Southern Utah - easy win for the cowboys but dont overlook them after last week. (see texas st and acu)

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 17th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State (Nicholls wins by at least 35)
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane (Close game...could go the other way)
Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin ("upset" special...Southall and Runnels get it done in a high scoring fest)
Central Arkansas at Missouri State (UCA gets ready for SLC play)

Texas State at South Dakota State (depends on which team shows up)
McNeese State at Southern Utah (come on Cowboys...don't have the post-FBS win letdown!)
BYE atNorthwestern State (in a squeaker, the Demons win on a last second FG block)

BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a a Flag on da Play xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 17th, 2007, 04:27 PM

I'll take these picks......Hopefully I won't get flagged for it.

GeauxLions94
September 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
I'll take these picks......Hopefully I won't get flagged for it.

xflaggedx

That's for Tulane :p

blackfordpu
September 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Central Arkansas at Missouri State - this pick made on principle

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 17th, 2007, 09:11 PM
xflaggedx

That's for Tulane :p

Heh...

When in doubt....Pick "who ya think" is the Underdog

Key words....WHO YA THINK

Can ya decline the penalty now???

GeauxLions94
September 17th, 2007, 10:06 PM

Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane (yes, it's my xhomerx pick)

McNeese75
September 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State Colonels should coast
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane The Lions are due on this one
Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin Time for the Jacks to wake up
Central Arkansas at Missouri State Offensive shootout here
Texas State at South Dakota State The Cats pull it together this week
McNeese State at Southern Utah Cowboys maintain their focus and take care of business before the altitude gets em

Freightliner
September 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
ok..here's my .02 on week 4

Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State - This game could be over by the 1st quarter....Nicholls in a rout.

Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane - Tulane always seems to bring out the best in SLU - but I think depth will win out on this game...

Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin- This is my tough game to pick. SFA is still banged up and WIU has played every game tough..even with the long trip WIU comes out in a close matchup.

Central Arkansas at Missouri State - another one of my tough games to pick - If this game turns into a slugfest - Mizzou State wins...if its low scoring.....UCA takes it, but I just dont see it happening that way.

Texas State at South Dakota State - This game will be a "Norris Division" game where the key will be whichever team can beat the other into submission with running the ball. SDSU is big up front on both lines, and have something to prove after losing 3 close games this year as well as remembering the thrashing that Texas State gave them back in 05 (a 42-12 rout). The game is in Brookings, and TXST has not won a NonConference game on the road since 2001. Special Teams and turnovers will be key in this game.

McNeese State at Southern Utah - a game where on paper it looks like a rout - but there is just something about Eccles Coliseum in Cedar City that just gives Southland teams FITS (see Southland's W-L record there)...SUU scheduled the Pokes for Homecoming...so the place will be packed... and McNeese is just coming off a thrashing of FBS ULaLaff so one might think SUU has a chance.....nope...Cowboys win.

McNeese75
September 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
McNeese State at Southern Utah - a game where on paper it looks like a rout - but there is just something about Eccles Coliseum in Cedar City that just gives Southland teams FITS (see Southland's W-L record there)...SUU scheduled the Pokes for Homecoming...so the place will be packed... and McNeese is just coming off a thrashing of FBS ULaLaff so one might think SUU has a chance.....nope...Cowboys win.

For the record. McNeese is 2-0 at SUU's House. AGS rules so if the Pokes don't take care of business, you never know.

GeauxLions94
September 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane The Lions are due on this one

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

http://www.lionsports.net/content/headline/images/tOzQ6aEy9s5YJYrBp2WDal5msZX5yATk.png
Southeastern Louisiana's Jay Lucas

FormerPokeCenter
September 20th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I think I'd like to avoid the "Elite" label for now. When I think of "Elite" teams, I think of Georgia Southern, Montana, Youngstown, App State...all teams that have won a National Title.

Famously, we haven't done that.

As a guy who played in the last win over USL, I'm absolutely loving the fact that we killed them at their place in convincing fashion, but let's get real....it's only USL.

They lost, but "played well" at South Carolina to a team missing it's best offensive and defensive stars. Not much was learned about the Cajuns in that one.

They lost, but "played well" at home against Ohio, a team that had trouble dispatching Gardner-Webb. No disrespect to G-W, but I don't think much was learned about the Cajuns in that game either.

I see McNeese as largely being untested so far this year. I think they'll probably get their stiffest test of this season Saturday night.

Now, I think McNeese has some pieces that were missing from last year, most notably a presence at defensive tackle. If Vaalyn continues to play as well as he's been playing, I think they'll be okay up front.

I have no doubt that they're much improved over last year, but I think we can save the elite tag until the end of the season and see if it fits or not..

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 22nd, 2007, 07:18 AM
ok..here's my .02 on week 4

Asuza Pacific at Nicholls State - This game could be over by the 1st quarter....Nicholls in a rout.

Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane - Tulane always seems to bring out the best in SLU - but I think depth will win out on this game...

Western Illinois at Stephen F Austin- This is my tough game to pick. SFA is still banged up and WIU has played every game tough..even with the long trip WIU comes out in a close matchup.

Central Arkansas at Missouri State - another one of my tough games to pick - If this game turns into a slugfest - Mizzou State wins...if its low scoring.....UCA takes it, but I just dont see it happening that way.

Texas State at South Dakota State - This game will be a "Norris Division" game where the key will be whichever team can beat the other into submission with running the ball. SDSU is big up front on both lines, and have something to prove after losing 3 close games this year as well as remembering the thrashing that Texas State gave them back in 05 (a 42-12 rout). The game is in Brookings, and TXST has not won a NonConference game on the road since 2001. Special Teams and turnovers will be key in this game.

McNeese State at Southern Utah - a game where on paper it looks like a rout - but there is just something about Eccles Coliseum in Cedar City that just gives Southland teams Named Texas State and Stephen F. Austin FITS (see Southland's W-L record there)...SUU scheduled the Pokes for Homecoming...so the place will be packed... and McNeese is just coming off a thrashing of FBS ULaLaff so one might think SUU has a chance.....nope...Cowboys win.

*Fixed

TexasTerror
September 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Alright fellas from the Southland...

Last week to really make some noise against FCS programs with SUU, SDSU, Missouri St and WIU on the schedule this week...

Next week, all there is FBS games, a D2 game and a tilt against SDSU (an honorary SLC member by that point) -- so if the conference wants to make a case for a second bid (which might be mathematically impossible due to inability to get the seventh DI win in a few weeks)...here it is!

Dallas Demon
September 22nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Yes, the SLC needs a good week this week.

patssle
September 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Nicholls didn't start it off good with a last second FG to win over NAIA.

slycat
September 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Nicholls didn't start it off good with a last second FG to win over NAIA.

maybe this mean that san diego is better then we thought.:D

hope the slc plays well today.

TexasTerror
September 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 17-9
Overall: 18-9

In the books
Nicholls over Asuza - CORRECT
W Illinois over SFA - CORRECT
UCA over Missouri St - INCORRECT
TXST over SDSU - INCORRECT
SELA over Tulane - INCORRECT
McNeese over S Utah - CORRECT

BEAR
September 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Yes, the SLC needs a good week this week.

Yet another last second loss for UCA...not bad for a freshman laden team that is riddled with injuries..but it still sucks...xmadx

QB nathan brown had 439 yards of offense though...

Dallas Demon
September 23rd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Yet another last second loss for UCA...not bad for a freshman laden team that is riddled with injuries..but it still sucks...xmadx

QB nathan brown had 439 yards of offense though...

I listened to the last few minutes of the game, exciting indeed. Thought and hoped UCA would win when they scored the last TD. Hats off to Missouri St. for coming back.

Freightliner
September 23rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 17-9
Overall: 18-9

In the books
Nicholls over Asuza - CORRECT
W Illinois over SFA - CORRECT
UCA over Missouri St - INCORRECT
TXST over SDSU - INCORRECT
SELA over Tulane - INCORRECT
McNeese over S Utah - CORRECT

ouch..TT, looks like you took a hit this week on the picks.