PDA

View Full Version : Delaware @ Towson thread

BlueHenBoy
September 16th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Thoughts. I think the Hens win by 10.

HENJOHN
September 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM
They always play UD tough and their QB has had his way with us the last 2 years. We are obviously a much better team and I believe a much more physical defense this year. Lets hope we come out of there 4-0 and 3-0 in the CAA. Big game for UD.

Keeper
September 17th, 2007, 02:40 AM
YES xnodx

UD by 7 and revenge for last 2 years.

bluehenbillk
September 17th, 2007, 06:57 AM
UD will know how good they really are by Saturday night. Schaeffer has definitely had our number the last 2 years & we haven't contained TU's rushing game either. Looking forward to it, I'll be there Saturday night!!

andy7171
September 17th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Towson better snap out of this fog they have been playing in the last three games, or else it's going to get ugly and fast at a packed Unitas Stadium.
If I weren't blinded by my loyalty, I'd bet the farm on UD.

th0m
September 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Blinded by your loyalty...is that why you're sporting a UMass helmet ;)

andy7171
September 17th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Blinded by your loyalty...is that why you're sporting a UMass helmet ;)
Yep. :o

HIU 93
September 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know what the Tigers are doing. They made a mediocre (however, improved) Morgan team look like a much better team than they are. they play UMass very tough for three quarters, then fold like a card table. I can't get a read on them. That being said, I see a close game with UD winning by 3.

89Hen
September 17th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Towson better snap out of this fog
They need to stop taking so many penalties. Averaging 8 per game... the only thing that made it look OK was that UMass had SEVENTEEN on Saturday. xeekx

UMass is #1 in I-AA in penalties so far this year...

13.67 for 127.33 yards PER GAME! xsmhx

andy7171
September 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know what the Tigers are doing. They made a mediocre (however, improved) Morgan team look like a much better team than they are. they play UMass very tough for three quarters, then fold like a card table. I can't get a read on them. That being said, I see a close game with UD winning by 3.

For what it's worth, that Simpson kid at Morgan State is the real deal. But he's all they have on offense. The Bears D-line is very tough too. Every year Morgan plays Towson tough and loses, they go into a 2-3 game losing slump. I was hoping they could avoid that this year. A tough lose to Winston Salem, a game I think they should have won big.

As for Towson, this game against Delaware is make or break, I fear. I don't like how the offense has become one dimensional. xnonono2x Stop the pass or sack Schaefer, and the Tiger will struggle mightily.

HensRock
September 17th, 2007, 10:27 AM
This game will not be close.
UD will dominate from the opening kickoff.

I've been saying this for several weeks now and I'm sticking to it.

GannonFan
September 17th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I like where UD is heading right now - a lot of hunger there, the offense shows no signs of stopping (you stop the run, Flacco kills you through the air, you take away the pass and Cuff chews you up on the ground), and the defense looks light years away from the debacle they had on the field last year. UD's front 7 has been highly disruptive and the whole defense is playing real physical. Two years ago UD gave away a game to Towson, and last year Towson just flat out spanked UD around the field. A lot of pride and a lot of revenge will be on the field on Saturday - the biggest weakness is UD's defense (short passes) is what Towson does best so this is a big test for UD. But like HensRock, I'm thinking UD is primed to really take it to Towson this year. Game could be high scoring, but I think UD comes out ahead by double digits.

Umass74
September 17th, 2007, 10:50 AM
They need to stop taking so many penalties. Averaging 8 per game... the only thing that made it look OK was that UMass had SEVENTEEN on Saturday.

UMass is #1 in I-AA in penalties so far this year...

13.67 for 127.33 yards PER GAME!

Actually, UMass had 14 penalties against Towson (the scoresheet is in error).

Yup, lots of penalties. OTOH, UMass is 3-0, points for 111, points against 60. Scoring 37 points/game.

Colgate, Towson and Holy Cross are a combined 5-3 with all three losses against us.

Opponents scoring has gone 30-17-13. See a trend?

89Hen
September 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yup, lots of penalties. OTOH, UMass is 3-0, points for 111, points against 60. Scoring 37 points/game.
That is an amazing thing... imagine what it would look like without so many penalties. xeekx

Umass74
September 17th, 2007, 11:05 AM
BTW, I expect the Hens to crush Towson this year. The Tigers have major injury problems. They lost their starting RT against us in a gruesome injury. he dislocated his ankle in an injury that brought both medical staffs running out to aid him. He's out for the season. Hope he fully recovers. Their leading receiver also left the game limping and did not return. They have other OL injuries.

If they tigers get healthy, they can beat anyone. I expected them to contend for the South crown this year, however they do not look it so far. I think injuries are the cause.

Uncle Buck
September 17th, 2007, 11:09 AM
UD will be a great win if Towson could pull it off. Watching tape of the URI game, the Delaware defense IMO actually looked more impressive than the offense. It took a while for the O to click, but defense was very sound. Guy's played their assignments and flew around to the ball. UD will be a tough out for anyone this year.

I predict UD doubles up the tigers, 34-17 in a payback game.

HIU 93
September 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
For what it's worth, that Simpson kid at Morgan State is the real deal. But he's all they have on offense. The Bears D-line is very tough too. Every year Morgan plays Towson tough and loses, they go into a 2-3 game losing slump. I was hoping they could avoid that this year. A tough lose to Winston Salem, a game I think they should have won big.

As for Towson, this game against Delaware is make or break, I fear. I don't like how the offense has become one dimensional. xnonono2x Stop the pass or sack Schaefer, and the Tiger will struggle mightily.

I agree, Simpson is a man, and the MSU D is much better than in recent history, but I had y'all picked high in my preseason poll. Y'all seemed full of promise.

I agree that this is your watershed moment this year. You have to step up to the table this weekend.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Delaware 27, Towson 16.xpeacex

andy7171
September 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Any AGS'ers coming up to the game? I'll be there @4pm at the top of the hill in the new tent village area. Y'all are welcome to stop in and have a drink.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Delaware 27, Towson 16.xpeacex

At the half, maybe. :p

bluehenbillk
September 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Any AGS'ers coming up to the game? I'll be there @4pm at the top of the hill in the new tent village area. Y'all are welcome to stop in and have a drink.

I'll be there with a former HS teammate/Towson FB player, he was talking about getting a tent so who knows? I'll be the loud UD guy sitting on the TU side of the stadium.

andy7171
September 17th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I'll be there with a former HS teammate/Towson FB player, he was talking about getting a tent so who knows? I'll be the loud UD guy sitting on the TU side of the stadium.
Who's your TSU buddy?

HIU 93
September 17th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Is it in Towson or Delaware?

andy7171
September 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Towson.

ChickenMan
September 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM

@ Towson.. 7pm

bluehenbillk
September 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Who's your TSU buddy?

Hey Andy, I sent you a PM on the CAAZone board.

HIU 93
September 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Towson.

I might be there. I have to see if I have used up my kitchen passes for the month!xlolx