PDA

View Full Version : Memphis 35, Jax State 14

JaxSinfonian
September 15th, 2007, 10:19 PM
The Gamecocks looked OK early, but they squandered opportunities to score as they have all season when they've got in or near the red zone. This time around we missed the field goals, and it hurt a lot. In the closing minutes JSU picked up a moral-victory touchdown.

The positives:

1) The switch to Cedric Johnson as full-time starting QB proved to be the right move: 23 of 39 for 224 yards passing, and he was the leading rusher at 76 yards, 7.6 per carry.

2) The offense finally outscored the defense, and we got more points off TDs than FGs.

3) If our star WR/backup QB Taurean Rhetta is healthy next week the offense could finally be clicking for the start of conference play. (It's EKU coming to town, so we'll need all guns firing.)

At least there were a few things to smile about in this loss on a tough day for the OVC.

nothingbutjsu
September 17th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I saw a lot of positives in the game.The offense was able to move the ball for a change. I am concerned if we can keep Cedric healthy.
Of course we won halftime. The Southerners were awsome. Standing ovation from the UM fans.
Had a great time in Memphis.xthumbsupx I can't believe they want to replace the Liberty Bowl.xnonox It's a great Stadium.

bigbluetiger
September 17th, 2007, 08:46 AM
So Crowe finally benched the midget.

Cocky
September 17th, 2007, 10:41 AM
So Crowe finally benched the midget.

Whoa now, he is 5'5".

Gamecocks99
September 17th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Whoa now, he is 5'5".

He also has whiteman issues with his legs as-well. Not just that he is short. He is not at all a JitterBug on the field. But, He has given his all to the position

Cedric the tranfer QB is what we have needed from the start of the season. Matt will be be a great back up this season.

How do you guys think we stack up against Eastern Kentucky this Saturday ?