PDA

View Full Version : Towson at UMass thread

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Didn't see any threads on this. 3rd quarter UMass 19 - Towson 13...

UMass QB Liam Coen just went down with an injury on a fumble, Towson kicked a FG to close to 6 points.

UMass fumbles again on next possession, TU ball on their own 47.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Hate to rag on UMass, but where the hell are your fans? xconfusedx xsmhx xconfusedx xsmhx A beautiful day, two ranked teams, UMass coming off a NC appearance... the away side is empty.:(

bobbythekidd
September 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
It was raining earlier. The students stayed at home.

Cleets
September 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Hate to rag on UMass, but where the hell are your fans? xconfusedx xsmhx xconfusedx xsmhx A beautiful day, two ranked teams, UMass coming off a NC appearance... the away side is empty.:(

GO TOWSON...!!!!!

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:27 PM
It was raining earlier. The students stayed at home.
The don't get that many students.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Towson punter CHOKES on a punt and drops the ball and UMass takes over on the TU 31.

Peems
September 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
keep us updated 89!

bobbythekidd
September 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Hen, how many penalties and turnovers? I am seeing a bit as I walk by the TV. Seems like their is always a flag.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:35 PM
UMass kicks a FG after having a TD called back for ineligible downfield. 22-13.

Hen, how many penalties and turnovers? I am seeing a bit as I walk by the TV. Seems like their is always a flag.

I've only been watching since a couple minutes left in the first half. Yes, quite a few penalties and now several TO's. TU had two consecutive false starts at the end of the first half. Neither team looking very sharp... very sloppy.

Coen is back in, but limping badly... can't believe they're letting him play. xeyebrowx

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I missed most of the first half...but I think UMass is over 70 yars in penalties...xeekx xeekx xeekx

Plus the 15 yards just tacked on for the roughing the passer...xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Another yellow hankie against UMass... 15 yards for roughing the passer... TU down to the UMass 36.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM
End of 3Q. 22-13 UMass. Towson with 1st and 10 on UMass 31ish.

bobbythekidd
September 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Interception by Smalls. TD UMass

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
TD UMASS!!!!!

The defense comes up strong...Shawn Smalls runs back the pick.

bobbythekidd
September 15th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Umass 29
Towson 13

bobbythekidd
TD UMASS!!!!!

The defense comes up strong...Shawn Smalls runs back the pick.
89 yardsxnodx

Col Hogan
PAT Good...

UMass 29 - Towson 13

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Time to change the channel. UVA at UNC is on. :p

bobbythekidd
September 15th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Just come back for the URI v/s Del. game. GO RAMS!

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Just come back for the URI v/s Del. game. GO RAMS!
:p

UMass with too many men on defense. They're trying to get at least one of every kind of penalty in this game. xeyebrowx

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Schaefer is playing one heck of a game for Towson at QB...he's making the UMass defense work real hard for what they are getting.....

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Schaefer is playing one heck of a game for Towson at QB...he's making the UMass defense work real hard for what they are getting.....

If his recievers caught his passes...UMass would be in big trouble...

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Great sack on 4th down...Mass takes possession on downs...at the 35

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
TD UMass...Michael Omar on a 7 yard swing pass...

with the PAT

UMass 36 Towson 13

TigerFan17
September 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
With all due respect to UMass, WE lost this game. Their D stepped up and made big plays a few times but we just flat out strangled ourselves. Boo. xnonono2x

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:25 PM
With all due respect to UMass, WE lost this game. Their D stepped up and made big plays a few times but we just flat out strangled ourselves. Boo. xnonono2x

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

TigerFan17
September 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Lol are you telling me that you looked THAT much better?

xrolleyesx

Poor catching, awful special teams, botched snaps....

bobbythekidd
September 15th, 2007, 02:28 PM
51 penalty yards for Towson
114 penalty yards for Umass

3 turnovers a piece.

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Our defense won the game, no doubt...but a "few times"??????xlolx

That "D" prevented Towson from winning the game.....xpeacex

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Big question for next week is...How bad is Coens knee?????

TigerFan17
September 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Lol well its not hard for the D to make a big play when receivers can't catch, the center can't snap, etc. I said no discredit to the UMass D they did step up and make plays...but we shot ourselves in the foot at all the wrong times.

I just hope Leon Stevenson isn't out for the season.

Oh well, on to UD. At least when you lose you aren't out of the NC race. xrotatehx

TigerFan17
September 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Big question for next week is...How bad is Coens knee?????

Credit to him though for staying in there and limiting his mistakes. Didn't throw much but that knee didn't look good. Hope he heals up, would be a shame to have him badly hurt.

Col Hogan
September 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hey Tiger...BEAT UD!!!!!

TigerFan17
September 15th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Tiger...BEAT UD!!!!!

Our run D showed up today so I think we have a shot. Just can't give up big plays like we did today.

Old Cage
September 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Our doc certainly didn't think that Coen was hurt bad. Coen was on the table - right in front of my seats - while the staff pushed and pulled and twisted on the knee. He stayed out one short series while Woodward played.

We are continuing our now three week old tradition of doing our best to keep the opponent in the game. The amount of our serious penalties is certainly a negative.

The comment above that UMass didn't win it, rather Towson lost it made me smile. Towson played very well, but UMass has much superior talent, and (tellingly in our games against Holy Cross, Colgate and Towson) much more of it.

ChickenMan
September 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Our run D showed up today so I think we have a shot. Just can't give up big plays like we did today.

Maybe.. but the current UD squad is far more talented than '06 team.. on both sides of the ball.

Uncle Buck
September 15th, 2007, 08:34 PM
UD sounds like they are impressive this season, they might be the the team to beat in the south. Then again, JMU is tough as well. Still a long way to go.

Minuteman87
September 15th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Towson looked pretty good in the first half. I thought UMass was in for a long day when they went right down and scored on that first drive. UMass' secondary hasn't looked impressive this year and they seemed confused by Towson's spread offense.

But the second half was a different story. Our defense was much better. Towson had the ball twice inside our 20 early in the half and came away with only 3 points. Schaefer took a beating in the second half, he was sacked a few times and hit after a lot of throws. I was impressed he kept getting up. Some of Towson's dropped passes I think were rushed throws by Schaefer who was trying to get rid of it before getting nailed.

And yeah, Towson made a ton of mistakes, but so did UMass. JJ Moore dropped a ball that was right in his hands with no defenders within 10 yards of him. Omar fumbled after a long pass play. And those friggin penalties! I just checked and UMass has been flagged for 41 penalties for 382 yards in THREE GAMES! That's going to come back to burn us.

And what about Rancher's SPECTACULAR one-hand grab for his TD? xbowx Brown said it was the best he's seen in 30 years.

Bottom line, we're 3-0 for the first time since 1986. Now we don't play at home for another month.

umassfan
September 15th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Lets just put it this way... we are 3-0 and havent even came close to playing our best football. The team will pick up as the season goes. Penelties always happen with Coach Brown teams so live with it.