Audio - http://www.nsudemons.com/listenToTheGame.asp

NU:
Video - http://www.gonu.tv/
Audio - http://www.espnboston.com/
Stats - http://www.gonu.com/live/football/xlive.htm

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Demons win toss - defer.

N'Eastern will get the ball. Start off at their own 42...28 yard return. Demons are going to have to clamp down on special teams...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:40 AM
N'Eastern ball...

1-10 NE42 Nowhere...
2-10 NE42 4 yard reception
3-5 NE46 Demons offsides, N'Eastern can't make anything of free play
1-10 NW49 3 yd run
2-7 NW46 TOUCHDOWN, HUSKIES

Orio to Plum - 46 yard TD pass

BigApp
September 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM
well that didn't take long xcoffeex

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
NWST has been scored on first in each of first two games...they are 2-0 having beat Henderson St and Central Arkansas...

Demons start at their own 37...

Demons pick up first down on third down play...8 yd pass to Bailey...

Edmond throws 17 yd pass...brought back on penalty...1st and 15...

Demons continuing to move the ball, to N'Eastern 28...Demons keeping it on ground, crucial 3rd and 3 from the NU21...Demons inside NU15 after 8 yard pass...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Edmond to Gordon Freeman -- TOUCHDOWN!

Penalty prior to the PAT...apparently NWST has had problems with this on special teams...3rd call like this in last two games...another flag, lots of dirty laundry...deadball false start against Demons...back that thing up...

31 yard extra point -- kick is good...

NWST 7-7 N'Eastern 7:11 1Q

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Demons march down the field and score. Now 7-7.

TT, I thought you weren't going to be available today?

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:55 AM
TT, I thought you weren't going to be available today?

Not going to be available later today -- namely for the NDSU/SHSU game. I have to help out the fiancee starting around 5 PM (CST). Ugh! So, NWST will have to give me my weekend's SLC dose...

Nothing beats a CAA-SLC matchup considering we hardly ever get these...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Purple Swarm defense steps up on Huskies second possession...Huskies are only averaging two yards per carry...

Demons will get the ball at the NW30 for their second go...4:30 1Q...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Lawrence off to a great start thus far...seems to have plenty of running room and that's eight carries for 45 yards for those keeping track at home...

Edmond is doing sharp so far on the run, there's his second run and he got about six, seven yards...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:03 PM
31 yard pass for Edmond to Edwards on 3rd and 14...nice play by the Demons!

Demons at the NU30...Edmond 5/5 for 61 yards thus far...

Play action, Edmond to Broyles -- 30 yard TOUCHDOWN!

6/6 for 91 yards...how 'bout that SLC squad?!?

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:03 PM
TD Demons! 14-7 Northwestern.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM
game is on web tv (gonu.tv). $4.95 cost.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Last week...Richmond got 246 yards from their senior back Tim Hightower, who also scored four touchdowns against the Huskies..

Demons are doing a great job through the air and on the ground right now...

Purple Swarm looking to step it up on Huskies third possession...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM
1ST QUARTER STATS...

Team Statistics
NWLA Northeastern
FIRST DOWNS 7 2
Rushing 3 0
Passing 4 1
Penalty 0 1
Rushing Attempts 11 5
Yards Gained Rushing 56 11
Yards Lost Rushing 1 0
NET YARDS RUSHING 55 11
NET YARDS PASSING 93 55
Passes Attempted 6 3
Passes Completed 6 3
Had Intercepted 0 0
TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYS 17 8
TOTAL NET YARDS 148 66
Average Gain Per Play 8.7 8.2
Fumbles: Number-Lost 0-0 0-0
Penalties: Number-Yards 6-30 1-5
Number of Punts-Yards 0-0 1-46
Average Per Punt 0.0 46.0
Punt Returns: Number-Yards 1-5 0-0
Kickoff Returns: Number-Yards 1-16 3-80
Interceptions: Number-Yards 0-0 0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yards 0-0 0-0
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 09:25 04:15
Third-Down Conversions 3 of 3 0 of 1
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 0 0 of 0
Sacks By: Number-Yards 0-0 0-0
Timeouts left 3 3

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Seven penalties for 35 yards for NWST...

One penalty for 5 yards for N'Eastern...

This game is early in the second quarter, very interesting laundry count thus far...

Demons gave Huskies a second first down when they jumped...defense is hurting themselves...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Northeastern runs in a score with Orio going around the right side...11 yard scamper...

N'Eastern ties the ball game up at 14-14, 12:00 2Q

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Yes, penalties galore for the Demons.

Northeastern TD, now 14-14 in 2nd.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Demons drive starts at NW37...

Demons have to punt for first time...Huskies will have the ball at their own 47, great field possession for Huskies...

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
TD Northeastern. Now 21-14. Our defense needs to make adjustments.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Northeastern offense picks up where they left off...

Orio, 6/6 on the day throws a 21 yard strike to Broomfield, Huskies now up 21-14 over Demons with 9:22 left in second quarter...

3 play, 53 yard drive...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Offense is struggling right now...defense is not going to get a break on the sideline...

3rd and 25...Demons gain about 12...Demons will punt for second consecutive drive...poor kick, Northeastern gets it at their 35...

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Another penalty. 8 or 9 so far. Only 1 for Northeastern. Are there different rules in New England?

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:32 PM
A better question is did we bring the Southland officials? xlolx

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:34 PM
A better question is did we bring the Southland officials? xlolx

CAA officials doing this one according to your broadcasters..

Big call there by the black and white...holding on a huge offensive play where the QB got nailed but still would've moved the Huskies into the red zone...

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
21-14 Northeastern at halftime.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Here's the difference right here...NWST having problems with penalties in comparison to N'Eastern...

Penalties: Number-Yards 9-55 2-15

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Good game so far. NW ST needs to be more disiplined on the line to avoid the penalties. The calls are legit.

This game might come down to the last possession.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Good game so far. NW ST needs to be more disiplined on the line to avoid the penalties. The calls are legit.

This game might come down to the last possession.

We've had trouble with penalties year after year. 18 last year at Baylor. If we continue at the rate we have in the first half with regards to penalties, it will be extremely difficult to win this game.

NSUDemon98
September 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
We've had trouble with penalties year after year. 18 last year at Baylor. If we continue at the rate we have in the first half with regards to penalties, it will be extremely difficult to win this game.

Stoker coached teams have ALWAYS been penalty prone...for whatever reason. xnonono2x

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
NU needs to work on their tackling badly.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Now 11 penalties. I'm not blaming referees either. We need to get our dicipline in place for this game.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
NWST should be having a cakewalk here, but the penalties have been too great...

Scores on two drives that would've probably been over if not for NWST defensive penalties...

Offensive numbers are pretty comparable and that's solid considering NWST seems to keep getting these 3rd and too long plays (3rd and 25 right now) because of penalties...which force them to do things they wouldn't otherwise...

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Scores on two drives that would've probably been over if not for NWST defensive penalties...

Offensive numbers are pretty comparable and that's solid considering NWST seems to keep getting these 3rd and too long plays (3rd and 25 right now) because of penalties...which force them to do things they wouldn't otherwise...

Don't know about a cakewalk, but the penalties have made a difference. Stupid mistakes.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:16 PM
They shouldn't have a cakewalk, NU is playing them tough. They are all over them.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:17 PM
This is a Northeastern team that beat NH and Delaware last year along with finishing with several straight wins. This is not a bad Northeastern team.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
This is also a good NW st. team. This is a great match up.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
28-14 NU Leads

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Cakewalk? Please!

NW ST hasn't moved the ball in the air since their 1st two possessions.

C'mon.

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Tilldog40,

This is by far Orio's best game since the Georgia St. game - would you agree?

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Now 13 penalties for almost 90 yards for the Demons. We couldn't beat a local high school team here in Dallas playing that way.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM
ya, he looks like he is back on track. last week against richmond he looked pathetic. Defense is playing very good.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Geewiz do you have AIM?

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Now 13 penalties for almost 90 yards for the Demons. We couldn't beat a local high school team here in Dallas playing that way.

Man, the penalties are starting to get outrageous for NWST!

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I am tilldog40

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Geewiz do you have AIM?

Send me a PM through AGS.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Man, the penalties are starting to get outrageous for NWST!

I think we've had a couple more since your post! 3 ineligible receiver downfield penalties so far, I've never heard of that.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Huskies came to play today, Demons didn't (so far).

NSUDemon98
September 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I think we've had a couple more since your post! 3 ineligible receiver downfield penalties so far, I've never heard of that.

I have a hard time believing this. 3!!! Ineligible recievers IN A ROW!?!?!?...I hope the referees were polite enough to at least brought some lube.

FCSFAN
September 15th, 2007, 01:50 PM
post scores on the score thread

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I have a hard time believing this. 3!!! Ineligible recievers IN A ROW!?!?!?...I hope the referees were polite enough to at least brought some lube.

Not in a row, just during the game. We're not playing very good football today. The Huskies are. Maybe it's a Red Sox/Yankees game hangover I guess.

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Freakin' Hager and his conservative play calling.

Get a fumble recovery and three run plays? Dumb.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM
35-14 NU leads

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Demons are non-existent today.

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Another fumble recovery!

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Another Demon fumble, 3 lost in the 2nd half. Along with the slew of penalties (15?), no way we had a chance in this one.

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Mo Murray with a big day on the ground with 170 yds.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
It appears we've given up.

Tilldog40
September 15th, 2007, 02:07 PM
42-14

GeeWiz
September 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
It appears we've given up.

DD,

Best of luck in the Southland Conf. If you guys don't commit the penalties you'll be OK!

GW

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Okay, now 17 penalties. ANOTHER ineligible receiver penalty, that's 4 in this game. Never before have I heard of this.

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Final: Northeastern 42, Northwestern St. 14

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Final: Northeastern 42, Northwestern St. 14
Good showing for the CAA.

th0m
September 15th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Yikes. Congrats to Northeastern. Still hard to get a read on the Huskies after they got hammered by Richmond.

mainejeff
September 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Congrats to Northeastern and their fans! xthumbsupx

Seat16Demon
September 15th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Listened to this one on the radio. Demons played poorly in the 2nd half. The penalties were horrendous! We will need an off week to lick our wounds and prepare for Texas Tech. Oh my! I hope it's not as long a trip to Lubbock and back as some think!

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I think we came in and thought we could just show up, out "athlete" the Huskies, have fun in Boston, and go home 3-0. Northeastern wanted this one more and went out and kicked our butts in the process. Congrats to NU.

Husky Alum
September 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Just got back from a pair of butt kickings - NU over NW State and Red Sox over Yankees - Parsons Field makes a nice parking lot for Fenway. ;-)

We were talking with some folks with the NW State team before the game and they told us that most of the NW State players had never been on a plane before this game - is that true?

I also think NW State caught a case of Parsonsitis at the game - we were told by the same guys from NW State that the team saw our field and were shellshocked by Parsons. They should have called KC Keeler before the game because Delaware has trouble at Parsons as well.

Honestly, I wasn't real impressed with NW State - the QB for CAA fans, reminded me a bit of Marvin Burroughs of 'Nova, but not as athletic. Because there were so few fans at the game, we could hear NU's defensive coordinator scream at his team after NW State went up 14-7 "we need to keep him in the pocket to win".

NW State was real undisciplined. I think they were confused by Orio's caedence - he apparently has an unusual caedence and the Demons jumped off sides on D a few times.

As for the illegal men downfield penalties, NU actually got pressure on a quarterback, and as a result NWST's passes were slow in developing and 3 of the 4 were legit - I scratched my head on the 4th.

We did get all of the bounces - fumbles went right into our D's arms, tipped passes landed in the hands of the right guys, etc. Hager said last week that we didn't catch a break against Richmond - looks like we caught a ton today.

Best of Luck the rest of the way to the Demons. Kick some Texas Tech butt next time out.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I also think NW State caught a case of Parsonsitis at the game - we were told by the same guys from NW State that the team saw our field and were shellshocked by Parsons. They should have called KC Keeler before the game because Delaware has trouble at Parsons as well.
xnodx xsmhx xbawlingx xnodx

I totally agree that it's the smallness of Parsons that freaks out the Hens somehow.

Husky Alum
September 15th, 2007, 11:00 PM
xsmiley_wix I always thought size didn't matter.

xsmiley_wix xeekx xeekx xeekx xnonox xnonox

AggieFinn
September 16th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Great win Huskies! See you boys in Davis next week -- temperatures should be tolerable (i.e. not hotter than surface of the sun) :)

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Huskies in a blow out. Not what I was expecting. CAA looks tough.

GoAgs72
September 16th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Still don't like the fact that Northeastern is the only team we play that has a fan web site that you can't access without paying. Anyway talk to some of you here or on the free Aggie web site.

Dallas Demon
September 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Just got back from a pair of butt kickings - NU over NW State and Red Sox over Yankees - Parsons Field makes a nice parking lot for Fenway. ;-)

We were talking with some folks with the NW State team before the game and they told us that most of the NW State players had never been on a plane before this game - is that true?

Honestly, I wasn't real impressed with NW State - the QB for CAA fans, reminded me a bit of Marvin Burroughs of 'Nova, but not as athletic. Because there were so few fans at the game, we could hear NU's defensive coordinator scream at his team after NW State went up 14-7 "we need to keep him in the pocket to win".

NW State was real undisciplined. I think they were confused by Orio's caedence - he apparently has an unusual caedence and the Demons jumped off sides on D a few times.

As for the illegal men downfield penalties, NU actually got pressure on a quarterback, and as a result NWST's passes were slow in developing and 3 of the 4 were legit - I scratched my head on the 4th.

We did get all of the bounces - fumbles went right into our D's arms, tipped passes landed in the hands of the right guys, etc. Hager said last week that we didn't catch a break against Richmond - looks like we caught a ton today.

Best of Luck the rest of the way to the Demons. Kick some Texas Tech butt next time out.

Probably true about most of the players never flying before. I was a little concerned that they might be "intimidated" by going to Boston in general. Many of these kids played ball in rural Louisiana and east Texas, so they were probably soaking things in just going through the tunnel.

Now Parsons probably had a reverse effect on the players as they are used to playing in much bigger stadiums.

Our QB is very young, this was only his 13th QB start including his senior year in high school. He is very talented but very young.

We have typically had trouble travelling long distances and winning. We rarely lose at home and usually do well with conference foes away. We've won more games against FBS teams than ANYONE in the FCS. This was just a bad day, and all the credit goes to NU players and coaches for preparing and executing well. We need to correct our mistakes and move ahead.

Good luck to NU, I think the Huskies will make some noise this year in the CAA.

semobison
September 16th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Congrats on the win ROCKY, we still love ya!

Alum in 51
September 16th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Northeastern's defense over the middle of the field was weak again. Over and again, teams have had field days throwing over the middle of the field into a weak NU secondary. Richmond rolled up yeards against NU, and Northwestern State looked like it could have had a good day passing until the penalties started kicking in. Even late in the game, after things started getting out of had, NWU looked like they could have gatten something going passingwise.

Then the turnovers replaced the penalties. Northwestern State gave the ball back to NU twice: a fumbled punt and an interception. Both plays moved NU down the field farther than I think they are capable of doing on their own consistently. Following that series, NU picked off another pass that led to a touchdown. The key is that the interceptions were basically deflections off of the receivers, and not so much clear pickoffs by the secondary. Keep you hands on the ball and NU never catches it.

If NWU had not put themselves in the habit of getting so many penalties I think they would have had a much different mindset. It seemed that once the penalty bug bit the Demons they just got sloppier. Things snowballed as the game went on, and it just got away from them.

While Orio had a good day passing, and while he ran into the end zone well, I am not confident in his passing ability. Orio's passes always seem to be more rainbow arching passes that defenses can get under and catch. There is seldom any zip on the ball as he releases it.

I can't say I learned anything about NWU, and that is not a slap against them. Seventeen penalties is uncharacteristic for every football team at any level. There are some weeks when a team coughs up a hairball, as I hope was Northeastern's situation last week.

Especially in an unfamiliar environment it is easy to not find the proper groove. As has been stated about Delaware, teams do come in to Parson, look around and say, "This is it? This is where they play? This is bleeping ridiculous." Once you start to not take the facility seriously, it is easy to not take the game seriously. Before you know it you find yourself doing poorly and unable to snap out of it.

Three cheers for Pretty Parsons Field if this is the case.

Tilldog40
September 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Congrats to Northeastern and their fans! xthumbsupx

Thanks Jeff, good to hear that from you.

Husky Alum
September 16th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Still don't like the fact that Northeastern is the only team we play that has a fan web site that you can't access without paying. Anyway talk to some of you here or on the free Aggie web site.

You can thank certain "Fans" from Georgia Southern for the "temporary" log in feature of dieharddogs being suspended. The two weeks before the GSU game in 2005 about 6-8 fans from GSU created about 15 different user names and jammed our board so bad with spam/smack/garbage posts that it made it difficult for the paying members of the site to use it for its intended purposes.

We reinstated it for a bit in 2006, but also had spamming issues when we lost our head basketball coach and best player to Duquesne.

Many of us post here as well. Some (like A in 51) post here instead of DHD.

I'm not sure how many NU fans will make it out to Davis. There's an alumni reception for our NoCal alumni that may get a decent turnout. I had an entire trip planned until my wife and I realized it was Yom Kippur and there was no way we were going to travel that weekend.

NU Hound29
September 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Nice with for the Huskies and they were owed a few bounces. Orio looked as good as he has since GSU two years ago. I am really starting to like Plum as receiver.

NSU looked tired in the second half, maybe the flight got to them, lets hope the same thing doesn't happen to the Dogs out to Davis...