PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh-Princeton on TV

ngineer
September 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I know some had posted that they couldn't make the game and wondered if it was on TV...I cannot remember which thread the questions came up in, so I figured I'd just post this notice so the info is available...

The game will be telecast on WFMZ-TV, Channel 69 out of Allentown. I believe kickoff is at 6:07 p.m. EDST. Will also be available online streaming at www.lehighsports.com by subscribing to the Yahoo sports package.

Franks Tanks
September 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I know some had posted that they couldn't make the game and wondered if it was on TV...I cannot remember which thread the questions came up in, so I figured I'd just post this notice so the info is available...

The game will be telecast on WFMZ-TV, Channel 69 out of Allentown. I believe kickoff is at 6:07 p.m. EDST. Will also be available online streaming at www.lehighsports.com by subscribing to the Yahoo sports package.

I am watching, I dont get the LafFy games however as I have direct tv xmadx. This has caused many arguments with my Fiance and I

BlueHen86
September 15th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Thanks ngineer. If not for you I might have missed the game. I'll be watching.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks ngineer. If not for you I might have missed the game. I'll be watching.

I'm going crazy at work. I should be out of here for the start of the second. I believe the game is also on FSN Pittsburgh.

aceinthehole
September 15th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm going crazy at work. I should be out of here for the start of the second. I believe the game is also on FSN Pittsburgh.

Yes, it is - DirecTV Ch. 628 xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM
What is Andy Coen's deal? When he was hired he vowed to bring toughness and a physical running game yet Threatt has attempted 27 passes in less than a half tonight after putting up 53 last week.

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lehigh 23-0 at the half.

Franks Tanks
September 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
What is Andy Coen's deal? When he was hired he vowed to bring toughness and a physical running game yet Threatt has attempted 27 passes in less than a half tonight after putting up 53 last week.

I was also thinking about this. If you want to be "Air Lehigh" thats fine, but as you said he was the one who pledged to run the ball. Lehigh has played a nice first half, but boy Princeton looked terrible on Offense. There QB looks scared and he must be throwing the ball with his eyes closed, hopefully he will keep this up nest week as well.

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
5 min into 3rd qtr, Lehigh blocks punt, recovers in EZ for safety. 25-0 Lehigh

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Princeton puts one in with 5 to go in 3rd. 25-7 Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I went to grab a sub at halftime and came back and Sedale was out. What happened to him?

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Princeton puts in another with 1 min to go in 3rd. 25-14 Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Lehigh being Lehigh
- Roughing the kicker when there was no need to be within 10 yards of the punter on a 4th and 11.
-Allows a 60 yard pass on the next play.
-Allow a TD on a 3rd and goal from the 15.

Mr. C
September 15th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I went to grab a sub at halftime and came back and Sedale was out. What happened to him?

They just were giving the backup some playing time with a 23-0 lead.

Lehigh has been impressive on this 4th quarter drive to go up 32-14 with 6:18 left. Nice play calling. 13 plays, 7:28 on the drive.

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Lehigh puts one in with 7 to go in 4th. 32-14

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
That was a great drive. Lehigh was able to run it right down the Tigers throat to put the nail in the coffin.

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Princeton puts in another with 3 to go in 4th. 32-21 Lehigh

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Great...Yahoo Sports drops the feed with 2 minutes to go...

Thanks, Yahoo!

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Final Lehigh 32-21

Colgate 31-Dartmouth 28
Yale 28-Georgetown 14
Holy Cross 31-Harvard 28
Fordham 27-Columbia 3
Lehigh 32 –Princeton 21
Pennsylvania 10 –Lafayette 8
Cornell 38 –Bucknell 7 (9 min left in 4th)

So, at the end of the day, the tally is…
PL Ivy
4 3

TheValleyRaider
September 15th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Final Lehigh 32-21

Colgate 31-Dartmouth 28
Yale 28-Georgetown 14
Holy Cross 31-Harvard 28
Fordham 27-Columbia 3
Lehigh 32 –Princeton 21
Lafayette 8 - Pennsylvania 7
Cornell 38 –Bucknell 7 (9 min left in 4th)

So, at the end of the day, the tally is…
PL Ivy
5 2

Fixed it for ya! xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xrotatehx :D

Good win for Lehigh and a great day for the Patriot League! xhurrayx

BlueHen86
September 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Nice win for Lehigh, I thought Princeton would make it a game, but 25 - 0 was too much to overcome.

Nice comeback for the Pards too.xthumbsupx Franklin field looked emptyxsmhx

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Fixed it for ya! xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xrotatehx :D

Good win for Lehigh and a great day for the Patriot League! xhurrayx

Dang, NCAA Scoreboard had it posted...

Final_______________1 2 3 4 T
Lafayette (2-1)______3 0 0 5 8
Pennsylvania (1-0) « _7 0 3 0 10

5-2 PL...Sweet!

ngineer
September 16th, 2007, 10:25 AM

Threatt was really banged up from the Villanova game...Bruised ribs, plus I noticed he was wearing a brace on his left knee. I was sitting right behind the bench and when he came off the field in the 3rd Qtr. he was definitely hurting--hence Bokusky into the game for a bit. With Princeton narrowing the gap, they put Sedale back in.

A 'rough, choppy' game in my view. Great tandem of freshmen in the backfield, to the stable is solid. Running the ball in the fourth quarter to nail the game down was something we haven't done in a few years. I think Leo just had an off night. the one missed fg was more the snap and/or holders fault--snap was low and holder late in getting it teed up right. His punting was super..several inside the fifteen and one downed at the one. Princeton has lousy field position most of the night.

Defense played very well. good pressure on the QB most of the night, though some stupid mistakes let Princeton get back in it for a while. This team is very young (except secondary) and showing it. but with several freshman and sophs playing alot, this bodes well down the road.

PL wins more games over the Ivy in one night than we did all last year!:D

Go...gate
September 16th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Nice win by the Leopards! Penn's infield defense and relief pitching really suck.

I saw the Lehigh-Princeton game live with AGS colleague Lehigh74. Lehigh was a little sloppy but they have some great young talent, especially in the backfield.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Lehigh being Lehigh
- Roughing the kicker when there was no need to be within 10 yards of the punter on a 4th and 11.
-Allows a 60 yard pass on the next play.
-Allow a TD on a 3rd and goal from the 15.

That roughing call was bogus. Running into the kicker, sure. But ROUGHING? Bad call. Princeton turned it around and we "let them back into the game" as coach Coen said.

Can't disagree about the two passes, though on the 15 yard TD pass Lehigh brought the house and Foran made a great play to get the TD. I thought that was more a great play by Princeton than a bad play by Lehigh.