PDA

View Full Version : McNeese over UL-L in ticket sales

mcneese
September 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
McNeese has sold 500+ more tickets than UL-L...at UL-L.xthumbsupx When I purchased mine, they had McNeese fans spread out all over the stadium. Typical!

Bearkatpresident
September 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Turn it into Cowboy Stadium! That'll show'em ::Thumbs UP::

RaiderInTheZone
September 14th, 2007, 07:05 AM
McNeese has sold 500+ more tickets than UL-L...at UL-L.xthumbsupx When I purchased mine, they had McNeese fans spread out all over the stadium. Typical!

And no link or article to show for as proof. Typical of 1-AA fans to post meaningless junk that they were told from uneducated and uninformed individuals working behind the counters at their own schools' athletics ticket offices as if the people there would even know that information.

MCFAN
September 14th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Why don't you take your Rocky Top wannabe arse over to the LSU board and talk your lame smack to them?xrolleyesx

mcneese
September 14th, 2007, 08:01 AM
And no link or article to show for as proof. Typical of 1-AA fans to post meaningless junk that they were told from uneducated and uninformed individuals working behind the counters at their own schools' athletics ticket offices as if the people there would even know that information. Want proof you ASS?...go to KLFYtv.com. click sports- Wed.morning sports video, that is if you are capable.

RaiderInTheZone
September 14th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Want proof you ASS?...go to KLFYtv.com.

xlolx

How about you try calling Louisiana's athletic ticket office? I'd venture to say that the sales from season tickets alone more than eclipses the number of tickets purchased by McNeese fans for that one game.

RaiderInTheZone
September 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Why don't you take your Rocky Top wannabe arse over to the LSU board and talk your lame smack to them?xrolleyesx

I'm not talking smack. I just tell it like it is. Louisiana has a better team and has played higher quality opponents than McNeese State and should win by several touchdowns.

And why should I talk any kind of smack to LSU fans? It's not like their fans spend all their time and energy aching for the day that they can beat a team from the Sun Belt that they'd post multi-paged threads making attacks on the Sun Belt and it's members just to show how much they hate us. That's typical 1-AA behavior. LSU is far from that low rung on the ladder. All of the LSU fans I've met have had nothing but good things to say about our program.

HensRock
September 14th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I'm not talking smack. I just tell it like it is. Louisiana has a better team and has played higher quality opponents than McNeese State and should win by several touchdowns.

I hope you are man enough to come back here after the game.
(but I'd doubt it)

89Hen
September 14th, 2007, 09:01 AM
And no link or article to show for as proof. Typical of 1-AA fans to post meaningless junk that they were told from uneducated and uninformed individuals working behind the counters at their own schools' athletics ticket offices as if the people there would even know that information.
WHY are you back? xconfusedx xsmhx xnonono2x xcoffeex

McNeese75
September 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM
xlolx

How about you try calling Louisiana's athletic ticket office? I'd venture to say that the sales from season tickets alone more than eclipses the number of tickets purchased by McNeese fans for that one game.

xrolleyesx I doubt it

MCFAN
September 14th, 2007, 09:28 AM
McNeese fans could care less about the sun belt, the old rivalry is with u-laf. What you don't understand is, the sun belt is a 1-AA conference with more scholarships. Your conference is a rent-a- win for the big boys. When is Spurrier's return game to Lafayette or when are the tigers going to blue raiderville? Personally I'm a little nervous because I think ull isn't bad this year and if they win the rest of 1-AA will be laughing at us because we lost to a sun belt team. Good luck in death valley, you'll need it.

andy7171
September 14th, 2007, 09:38 AM
WHY are you back? xconfusedx xsmhx xnonono2x xcoffeex

I think week 1 and week 2 has left him feeling impotent?

PantherRob82
all hail the mighty sunbelt. xbowx xbowx xbowx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

aust42
I'm confused. I thought the Sunbelch Conference was 1AA?

SU Jag
September 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM

But you damn sure found a way to be over here with us "lowly 1-AA" fans though!xcoffeex

eaglesrthe1
September 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Does everybody remember way back in high school when losers would circle the parking lot at lunch trying to talk to chicks? Five years after they graduated? :D

MCFAN
September 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, except this is more like five years after they flunked out.

brownbear
September 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'm confused. I thought the Sunbelch Conference was 1AA?

Its teams are FCS quality, but the conference is actually in the FBS.

buckp
September 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Really excited about this game! I was offered a free ticket, free ride and a free lunch from a business client....:D

Going early to check out the tailgating - heard a local restaurant (from LC) is setting up their own tent with all the other tailgaters just for McNeese fans! Can't wait! xhurrayx

GO TO H*LL, ULL....GO TO H*LL!!!!

BgJag
September 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
How many fans does McNeese and UL-L loses when LSU is playing at home which they are doing this weekend?

Bearkatpresident
September 14th, 2007, 12:25 PM
The proof will be in the pudding.

Or rather, ULL's player's wondering why they're being surrounded by Cowboy Fans!

texcap
September 14th, 2007, 01:51 PM

The link was provided and now you want more than a news story as proof? I think it is interesting that a Lafayette TV station, hardly biased in McNeese's favor, reports the same information that you want to dispute. Gee, I wonder where the TV staton got their information? My guess would be the UL-L ticket office.

I guess the "uneducated and uninformed individuals working behind the counters" that you spoke of are at UL-L, not McNeese.

Lionsrking
September 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM
How many fans does McNeese and UL-L loses when LSU is playing at home which they are doing this weekend?

Can't speak for McNeese or Lafayette but we tend to lose more to LSU when they're on TV. I would think it would be similar for those two schools as well. The LSU game isn't on TV this week so hopefully we won't be affected that much. As for the McNeese/ULL game, it will be packed regardless.

Retro
September 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Mcneese doesn't lose any fans when LSU plays at home, but they do gain fans when LSU is on the road or when they play a weak opponent at home like MTSU this week.

Mcneese always gets 12,000+ a game, whatever the case.. If the weather is good, winning season and a decent name opponent, then should always be close to a sellout..

Retro
September 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.klfy.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1744498&h1=Wednesday%20Morning%20Sports&vt1=v&at1=Sport%20-%20National&d1=156033&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.klfy.com/Global/category.asp%3FC%3D4207%26nav%3Dmenu61_4&rnd=15649672

McNeese72
September 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM

They are talking about single game tickets sales. When you add their season ticket sales to the ULL number it is a lot more than what we sold.

Doc

McNeese72
September 14th, 2007, 08:01 PM
xlolx

As we sold near 6,000 tickets out of our ticket office before the sections we assigned by ULL on Ticketmaster were filled, I'd say it would be pretty close as I don't know the exact amount of UL season tickets sales (but I've seen that amount somewhere but don't remember and it isn't as much as you would think).

I went up to the Field House to pick up my media pass just after they closed it up because there were no more ticktets and there were people coming up wanting tickets. I told them to buy them on the Ticketmaster on the internet and have them put at the will call window. There have been plenty of McNeese fans that already bought tickets from Ticketmaster online and from ULL directly. So the figure sold through our ticket office isn't the true picture of the number of McNeese fans that have bought tickets.

Doc

McNeese_beat
September 14th, 2007, 09:46 PM
As we sold near 6,000 tickets out of our ticket office before the sections we assigned by ULL on Ticketmaster were filled, I'd say it would be pretty close as I don't know the exact amount of UL season tickets sales (but I've seen that amount somewhere but don't remember and it isn't as much as you would think).

I went up to the Field House to pick up my media pass just after they closed it up because there were no more ticktets and there were people coming up wanting tickets. I told them to buy them on the Ticketmaster on the internet and have them put at the will call window. There have been plenty of McNeese fans that already bought tickets from Ticketmaster online and from ULL directly. So the figure sold through our ticket office isn't the true picture of the number of McNeese fans that have bought tickets.

Doc

At about 3 p.m., McNeese was about to sell out its allotment. I think the original understanding (at least mine was) was that they would keep selling tickets. But they were told that once they sold the 6,700 tickets that were in areas designated for McNeese fans, that would be it. The rest would have to buy walk up tickets on Saturday or call ULL.

They were sitting at about 6,600, about 100 short at about 3 p.m. when I was there. I bought one for my wife and about eight or nine more were sold while I was there. I bet they got to the 6,700 by 3:30 or so, though I never had a chance to confirm that.

I also know several McNeese fans who are getting in with ULL tickets. There are so many ties to Lake Charles in Lafayette, after all. For example, a friend told me that he and five McNeese fans will be among a group of 15 who are going on corporate tickets held by the company they work for. Apparently, there will be a fair amount of blue and gold sprinkled in the red sections of the stadium...

RaiderInTheZone
September 15th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Mcneese doesn't lose any fans when LSU plays at home, but they do gain fans when LSU is on the road or when they play a weak opponent at home like MTSU this week.

Mcneese always gets 12,000+ a game, whatever the case.. If the weather is good, winning season and a decent name opponent, then should always be close to a sellout..

xlolx True, I guess when compared to the #1 team in the country, but you forgot to add #9 Virginia Tech and SEC-affiliate Missisissippi State. I think anytime you lose 48-7 or 45-0, you must be pretty weak. Now don't you think that's fair? Why not call those other schools out that lost as big as you 1-AA elitists say Sun Belt teams normally lose to 1-A teams?

I guess you didn't catch Troy's dismantling of Big 12 Oklahoma State last night, did you?

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2007, 07:30 AM
I guess you didn't catch Troy's dismantling of Big 12 Oklahoma State last night, did you?

You mean their win AT HOME over a team who's only win so far is over FAU?

Their win over OK State means about as much as our win over Iowa State.

Baylor might beat em both this year.

I've got some crow slow cooking for you. Hope you come back for some once McNeese comes out of Lafayette with a win. Save your spin for someone else. xthumbsupx

RaiderInTheZone
September 15th, 2007, 08:11 AM

I've got some crow slow cooking for you. Hope you come back for some once McNeese comes out of Lafayette with a win. Save your spin for someone else. xthumbsupx

Oh puhleeze! You guys are so typical. I saw your team prancing around and your fans beating their chests after beating Iowa State like you guys had just won the national championship in 1-A football over a team that was #1 in the country.

Obviously, to me, Troy beating Oklahoma State was expected. Troy would've beaten Oklahoma State in Stillwater. Troy has a better team home or away. It's ridiculous to think that Troy only won that game because they were playing at home. The Trojans led 41-10 in the 4th quarter and put in reserves. The final score was 41-23.

Troy beating Oklahoma State was no big deal, but it would be a big deal for your lower division 1-AA schools if it were you. It won't be a big deal to us when we beat Virginia and Memphis later this year as well.

Later today the Cajuns of the University of Louisiana will beat McNeese State. Just as Troy's win over Oklahoma State was expected, we can expect nothing less from our fellow Sun Belt Conference breathren from the University of Louisiana against lower level Division 1-AA McNeese State. If McNeese wins, I will be very surprised because the Cajuns are bigger, stronger, faster, more talented, deeper at every position, and has a far better coaching staff than the product from Lake Charles.

And when Louisiana is done dismantling those Pokes just as Troy dismantled the Big 12's Pokes, I won't come back here to brag. I don't need to. Louisiana is better than McNeese and they'll prove it. And after McNeese loses, I'll just drink to their health.

FormerPokeCenter
September 15th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I'll just drink to their health.

Lemme Guess, your favorite libation is Vermillion colored Kool-Aide, right?

We've been telling the Cajun Bitches to drink up. I guess we need to tell the Cajun's bitches to do the same thing...

McNeese72
September 15th, 2007, 10:31 AM
At about 3 p.m., McNeese was about to sell out its allotment. I think the original understanding (at least mine was) was that they would keep selling tickets. But they were told that once they sold the 6,700 tickets that were in areas designated for McNeese fans, that would be it. The rest would have to buy walk up tickets on Saturday or call ULL.

They were sitting at about 6,600, about 100 short at about 3 p.m. when I was there. I bought one for my wife and about eight or nine more were sold while I was there. I bet they got to the 6,700 by 3:30 or so, though I never had a chance to confirm that.

I also know several McNeese fans who are getting in with ULL tickets. There are so many ties to Lake Charles in Lafayette, after all. For example, a friend told me that he and five McNeese fans will be among a group of 15 who are going on corporate tickets held by the company they work for. Apparently, there will be a fair amount of blue and gold sprinkled in the red sections of the stadium...

They sold out somewhere between 3:30 and 4pm. I got there right before four and the front doors were locked and there was a sign saying all the ULL tickets were sold out. I saw numerous fans come up to the door and read the sign and leave as I was making my way around to the side door on the east side of the Field House.

And Cheryl was not a happy camper that ULL wouldn't let her sell anymore tickets.

Doc

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Oh puhleeze! You guys are so typical. I saw your team prancing around and your fans beating their chests after beating Iowa State like you guys had just won the national championship in 1-A football over a team that was #1 in the country.

Obviously, to me, Troy beating Oklahoma State was expected. Troy would've beaten Oklahoma State in Stillwater. Troy has a better team home or away. It's ridiculous to think that Troy only won that game because they were playing at home. The Trojans led 41-10 in the 4th quarter and put in reserves. The final score was 41-23.

Troy beating Oklahoma State was no big deal, but it would be a big deal for your lower division 1-AA schools if it were you. It won't be a big deal to us when we beat Virginia and Memphis later this year as well.

Later today the Cajuns of the University of Louisiana will beat McNeese State. Just as Troy's win over Oklahoma State was expected, we can expect nothing less from our fellow Sun Belt Conference breathren from the University of Louisiana against lower level Division 1-AA McNeese State. If McNeese wins, I will be very surprised because the Cajuns are bigger, stronger, faster, more talented, deeper at every position, and has a far better coaching staff than the product from Lake Charles.

And when Louisiana is done dismantling those Pokes just as Troy dismantled the Big 12's Pokes, I won't come back here to brag. I don't need to. Louisiana is better than McNeese and they'll prove it. And after McNeese loses, I'll just drink to their health.

haha. spin spin spin. We beat an in-state rival who is a division above us and in a BCS conference. We were excited. We've actually been to a national championship. That celebration is different, but I wouldn't expect you guys to know that. xcoffeex

NSUDemon98
September 15th, 2007, 11:25 AM

You've gotta be like 12 years of age...

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM
FIU losing...games basically over. but that OK because they PLAYED Miami.

Today's spin will be that Florida Atlantic won AT HOME against Big 10 bottom dweller Minnesota , who almost lost to two MAC schools on their home turf.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
McNeese is up 31-17 over ULL in Lafayette, end of the 3rd quarter...

Looks like the Pokes are going to get the big win over the rival unless the Cajuns can rally back...

FormerPokeCenter
September 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
McNeese 38, U La La 17 - Final

I'm not going to get too excited over the win, though, because it was only a Sunbelt team.

The hardest part of our schedule is yet to come ;)

ULL just didn't have the team speed to match up with us.

OldFootballGuy
September 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM

I'm not going to get too excited over the win, though, because it was only a Sunbelt team.

Wonder if the dude from MTSU has the sack to come back over to this board? I doubt it.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx HOORAY! We finally got rid of Raider. PLEASE don't EVER come back. xlolx xrulesx

GrizDen
September 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Nice job McNeese.

So does anyone have an idea if the McNeese St fans were in the majority or was it basically a 50-50 split?

lizrdgizrd
September 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Wonder if he'll come back for that slow-roasted crow? Maybe he'll be too busy drinking to University of Louisiana - Looserville's health. xlolx xlolx xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
September 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM
McNeese sold 6750 tickets at home and had a ton of walk-up sales at the stadium. The McNeese radio announcers estimated that McNeese had 1/2 the visitors side and about 1/3 of the home side. Estimations of McNeese fans ranged from 10k to 14lk....

USL had 22k in their home opener last week against Ohio...

HensRock
September 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I hope you are man enough to come back here after the game.
(but I'd doubt it)

hello?...

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
haha. guess i'll have to see if anyone else is up for it.

JohnStOnge
September 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM

I'm very encouraged by what I saw. McNeese's defense performed very well. Also, I think McNeese actually wore ULL down. It wasn't the FBS team that got stronger as the game wore on...it was the FCS team. By the end of the game McNeese running backs were ripping off huge chunks of yardage with regularity.

Very, very pleased with what I saw tongiht. Only thing that bothered me is that McNeese receivers killed three drives by dropping passes that would've been first downs.

JohnStOnge
September 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM
If McNeese wins, I will be very surprised because the Cajuns are bigger, stronger, faster, more talented, deeper at every position, and has a far better coaching staff than the product from Lake Charles.

I think the Cajuns are indeed bigger. But I don't think they are faster or more athletic. Whatever. They had their heads handed to them to an extent I honestly didn't expect. They were physically dominated.

McNeese_beat
September 15th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I think the Cajuns are indeed bigger. But I don't think they are faster or more athletic. Whatever. They had their heads handed to them to an extent I honestly didn't expect. They were physically dominated.

I think the Sun Belt took a huge step forward Friday...then a huge step back on Saturday.

When you are at the bottom, it's tough being stuck in neutral...

McNeese is back though. If Bryan Smith isn't at the top of the Buck Buchanan Award list. (4.5 sacks, 7 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles in two games) I'd like to see the bad mofo who's ahead of him.

Golden Eagle
September 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I think anytime you lose 48-7 or 45-0, you must be pretty weak.

Or 44-0.

CowboyUp
September 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM

OMG you gotta be kidding me...now who was it that actually WON BY SEVERAL TOUCHDOWNS....GO TO HELL USL.... COWBOYS 38-17 xnonox

McNeese75
September 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Or 44-0.

xlolx

JohnStOnge
September 16th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I think the Sun Belt took a huge step forward Friday...then a huge step back on Saturday.

When you are at the bottom, it's tough being stuck in neutral....

It actually may have been the best weekend the Sun Belt's ever had. Troy handled Oklahoma State, Florida Atlantic beat Minnesota, and Arkansas State beat SMU by 17. Two wins over BCS leaguers and one over CUSA. I'm pretty sure the league never had two wins over BCS leauge teams in one weekend.

Just one little FCS fly in the ointment.

McNeese_beat
September 16th, 2007, 08:39 AM
It actually may have been the best weekend the Sun Belt's ever had. Troy handled Oklahoma State, Florida Atlantic beat Minnesota, and Arkansas State beat SMU by 17. Two wins over BCS leaguers and one over CUSA. I'm pretty sure the league never had two wins over BCS leauge teams in one weekend.

Just one little FCS fly in the ointment.

The lesson: Stay out of Louisiana, Sun Belt xlolx

813Jag
September 16th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Maybe that University of Louisiana he kept talking about should have shown up instead of USL. xlolx