PDA

View Full Version : Clemson tries to avoid being next upset

PaladinFan
September 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2047-College_Football-Clemson_Football-Clemson_Tries_to_Avoid_Being_Latest_Ranked_Team_to _be_Upset_by_FCS-120907

lizrdgizrd
September 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2047-College_Football-Clemson_Football-Clemson_Tries_to_Avoid_Being_Latest_Ranked_Team_to _be_Upset_by_FCS-120907

Tigers 17-0 vs Paladins in Death Valley. Gonna be tough to get that W. xeyebrowx

Death Dealer
September 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
The way I see it, there are three scenarios. I rank them in order of probability.

1. We lose big. We go back to G'vegas with a big check and try to salvage the rest of our year, and get a shot at the playoffs.

2. We keep it close, Clemson wins by a close margin, we go back to G'vegas with a big check and a good feeling, try to salvage the rest of the season, and get a shot at the playoffs.

3. The entire Clemson starting line-up and second string forget about the game and all go fishing. We win with a fourth quarter 53 yard Beckler field goal. We go home with a big check, a big old W, we get mentioned on ESPN and in S.I., try to salvage the rest of the season, and get a shot at the playoffs.

So, no matter what happens, it all ends up the same.xwhistlex

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yes I am hopeful but I fear all that the Tiggers need to do is remember what time the game starts:o

SCPALADIN
September 13th, 2007, 11:55 AM
The way I see it, there are three scenarios. I rank them in order of probability.

1. We lose big. We go back to G'vegas with a big check and try to salvage the rest of our year, and get a shot at the playoffs.

2. We keep it close, Clemson wins by a close margin, we go back to G'vegas with a big check and a good feeling, try to salvage the rest of the season, and get a shot at the playoffs.

3. The entire Clemson starting line-up and second string forget about the game and all go fishing. We win with a fourth quarter 53 yard Beckler field goal. We go home with a big check, a big old W, we get mentioned on ESPN and in S.I., try to salvage the rest of the season, and get a shot at the playoffs.

So, no matter what happens, it all ends up the same.xwhistlex

I'll take door #3 please xthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Good luck but i dont see this one coming through...
Everyone talks about clemson's running game but watch out for wr #80 aaron kelly... true star

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'll be watching at work!

Tealblood
September 14th, 2007, 06:47 AM
This is something I posted the other day in the other thread I thought it needed repeating

a freind called me the other day and gave me a stat about Clemson--

since they left the southern conference(late 50's) Clemson has not lost a single game to a member of thje SOCON--the total was around 55 games

I assume of the 55--
20 are prolly to Furman
10-12 to citadel
5-6 to Wofford
the rest chatty, western, and I'm guessing but don't remember to Appy

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 06:49 AM
This is something I posted the other day in the other thread I thought it needed repeating

a freind called me the other day and gave me a stat about Clemson--

since they left the southern conference(late 50's) Clemson has not lost a single game to a member of thje SOCON--the total was around 55 games

I assume of the 55--
20 are prolly to Furman
10-12 to citadel
5-6 to Wofford
the rest chatty, western, and I'm guessing but don't remember to Appy

I would like for it to but I don't see that changing this year. :(

james_lawfirm
September 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Furman fans:

Best of luck to the 'dins at Clemson! Just go in there, have fun, do your best, play football & see what happens. You got nothing to lose & everything to gain.

gomountaineers
September 14th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Best of luck to the Paladins!

citdog
September 14th, 2007, 09:57 AM
can't believe i am saying this.............................................. .

go fu

lizrdgizrd
September 14th, 2007, 09:59 AM

go fu

You say go fu to all the time! xlolx

citdog
September 14th, 2007, 10:00 AM
You say go fu to all the time! xlolx

true, but this time i mean the other thing!

CharlestonAppFan
September 14th, 2007, 10:05 AM
good luck furmies.....if you stop the blazing RB's you WILL have a chance to take them down. Not good for us if you do that though...but best of luck anyway.

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM

go fu

GO FU tooxthumbsupx

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 01:05 PM

go fu

PS, it's FUxlolx

walliver
September 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
UL-M gained 419 yards against the Tiggers last week, so there is hope. (But not much, good luck Horsies)

MarkCCU
September 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM

go fu

I'm going to give rep points to 5 people just so I can give you a neg for that comment....xlolx

LarryBoy
September 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I'd wager that we're a better team than UL-M (at least I hope so), so I at least expect us to put up a better fight than they did. 63-38, maybe?

walliver
September 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
PS, it's FUxlolx

Shouldn't it be THE FU:D

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 01:17 PM

No in citdog's case, it is simple FUxsmiley_wix

Laserlips
September 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM
This GSU fan is pulling for you guys!

Hey, either it's a big payday and you win, or it's a big payday! This just might be the year our "lesser" league (not my words) surprises the big boys..

App State has done it's share!

Good Luck,

J. Pomeroy

citdog
September 14th, 2007, 01:26 PM

you have given out too much reputation the last 24 hours.............

lizrdgizrd
September 14th, 2007, 02:26 PM
you have given out too much reputation the last 24 hours.............
rep whore! xlolx

Hengineer
September 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I have fond ties to most Division I schools in South Carolina, including Clemson. That said, I'm pulling for you guys in this one. Team: Get motivated, get focused, and BEAT CLEMSON!

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I have fond ties to most Division I schools in South Carolina, including Clemson. That said, I'm pulling for you guys in this one. Team: Get motivated, get focused, and BEAT CLEMSON!

What type of ties? Inquiring SC minds want to know.

Grizo406
September 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Since this is a bye week for the Griz, the Grizo and his schmeckleosaurus can turn all their "Game Day" fever toward supporting the Paladins.

Best of luck to Furman in this one, you got my vote!xnodx

Hengineer
September 14th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Greetings OL FU! Multiple types of ties: academic, athletic, marital, military, social. All more 10 years ago, however. (I once rented a car on a trip to Clemson because my new car was bright red with black molding trim. I was afraid Tiger fans would think that I was a USC alumnus and trash the car.) S.C. is a fantastic state from Clark Hill to Noth Myrtle Beach. Regards & signing off

Seven Would Be Nice
September 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Good luck to the furples, I'm all for upsetting the FBS, but I really don't see this one happening. So be ready for the big loss, the check, and trying to salvage your season. :D

lizrdgizrd
September 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Looks like the Tigers managed to stave off the Paladins. Go home, cash your check, and get ready for the real season to start, Furples. xpeacex