PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Missouri State Freshmen...

douglasdmb
September 12th, 2007, 10:59 PM
After losing 25 seniors, there were 45 freshman (true and redshirted combined) that showed up to camp at Missouri State this summer. Many of them have been asked to contribute already (13 freshmen listed within the two-deeps), and they have followed through. Here are some of our more notable freshmen contributors:

David Arkin, RG (starter)
-Graded out as the Bears’ top blocker vs. Missouri-Rolla (his first collegiate game), named Gateway Offensive Lineman of the Week.

Sam Block, MLB (starter)
-Already one of the leaders of the defense. Ranked second on the team in tackles (15) through the first two games, has one interception, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and a pass breakup.

Jonathon Davis, RB
-Rushed for 113 yards on 19 carries (5.9 Ypc) against Missouri-Rolla. Didn't touch the ball in second game

Derrick Miller, FS (starter)
-Ranked third on team in tackles (10), has one fumble recovery

Levi Moore, DT
-Ranked ninth on team in tackles as a backup

KingJack Washington, RB
-Ranked second on the depth chart as a true freshman, has rushed for 140 yards on 19 carries (7.4 ypc) and a touchdown through two games

Stephen Johnston, RB
-As a true freshman has 94 yards on 14 carries (6.6 ypc) and a touchdown

Cody Kirby, QB
-Has stepped in immediately from the high school level and is splitting time down the middle with the starter, Matt Krapfl. In two games, he has completed 10 of 16 passes for 114 yards (one interception), but has been a force when running the ball. Thus far, Kirby has 90 net yards on 9 carries (10 ypc) and is second on the team with 3 rushing touchdowns.

As a whole, the freshmen have accounted for nearly half (49%) of the Bears' total yards and about 27% of their points so far.

The future is pretty bright. xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
September 13th, 2007, 07:41 PM
The future is blinding

douglasdmb
September 23rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
Bump...

Cody Kirby and KingJack Washington played HUGE roles in yesterday's win over UCA. Scratch that, the Bears would've lost this one without these two.

Kirby has officially taken over as the starting QB, and he ended up going 22-38 for 247 yards, 2 TD passes, and an INT. On the ground, he ran the ball 9 times for 40 yards (4.4 ypc) and 3 TDs, including the game-winner with 21 seconds left.

As for Washington, he had 14 carries for 89 yards (5.9 ypc) and had 4 kickoff returns for 124 yards (36 yards per return) with a long of 54.

siugrad99
September 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
No place to go but up @ MSU. Only problem is UNI, YSU & SIU aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Add in NDSU next season and you've got a real problem.

douglasdmb
September 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
No place to go but up @ MSU. Only problem is UNI, YSU & SIU aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Add in NDSU next season and you've got a real problem.

So?

BEAR
September 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I listened to the game last night and wondered what Kirby did to get the nod from the fans. I heard a ton of ovethrown wide open receivers. I also heard some good runs by the qb. What I also heard was a decent Mo. State offense going up against a depleted, injury ridden UCA defense and barely getting by them. UCA's qb Nathan Brown had 439 yards passing and was like 31 of 40+ on the night. But UCAs dline couldn't stop the simplest runs by Mo. State. Last years defense played that run game solidly as seen by the stats from last years game. Our offense is better, but our defense is failing. And as we all know, defense wins games. Great job by the Mo. State backs last night. Great job by our new gold nugget for a receiver Willie Landers. I love games like that one but only wish it could have turned out a little different. Congrats maroon bears, maybe we can meet when both of our squads are healthy and experienced beyond the freshman level..xlolx

douglasdmb
September 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I listened to the game last night and wondered what Kirby did to get the nod from the fans. I heard a ton of ovethrown wide open receivers. I also heard some good runs by the qb. What I also heard was a decent Mo. State offense going up against a depleted, injury ridden UCA defense and barely getting by them. UCA's qb Nathan Brown had 439 yards passing and was like 31 of 40+ on the night. But UCAs dline couldn't stop the simplest runs by Mo. State. Last years defense played that run game solidly as seen by the stats from last years game. Our offense is better, but our defense is failing. And as we all know, defense wins games. Great job by the Mo. State backs last night. Great job by our new gold nugget for a receiver Willie Landers. I love games like that one but only wish it could have turned out a little different. Congrats maroon bears, maybe we can meet when both of our squads are healthy and experienced beyond the freshman level..xlolx

Yes, he did overthrow a few, but for every pass he overthrew there was at least one very catchable pass that the receivers dropped. Did he have a flawless game? No way. But how can you not be excited about a guy who leads your team down the field to score the winning touchdown as a true freshman? He was very cool and composed and had 5 TDs (2 through air, 3 on the ground). We're just more excited about the future than anything.

No need to rain on our parade just because we won.

JoshUCA
September 23rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Congrats on the win Maroon Bears.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yes, he did overthrow a few, but for every pass he overthrew there was at least one very catchable pass that the receivers dropped. Did he have a flawless game? No way. But how can you not be excited about a guy who leads your team down the field to score the winning touchdown as a true freshman? He was very cool and composed and had 5 TDs (2 through air, 3 on the ground). We're just more excited about the future than anything.

No need to rain on our parade just because we won.

Yeah..apparently you didn't read the whole post. I did say congrats. Or maybe you just saw the part you wanted to see. OK. I'll say it again. Congrats. Looks like Kirby will be a pretty good qb for you. xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
September 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
No need for an attitude.

ShowMeBear2
September 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
I like how Kirby makes things happen with his legs also. He has to be starter after this performance.

douglasdmb
September 24th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah..apparently you didn't read the whole post. I did say congrats. Or maybe you just saw the part you wanted to see. OK. I'll say it again. Congrats. Looks like Kirby will be a pretty good qb for you. xthumbsupx

Fair enough. It just seemed like your congrats were a little backhanded, and that you were downplaying the outcome:

I listened to the game last night and wondered what Kirby did to get the nod from the fans. I heard a ton of ovethrown wide open receivers. I also heard some good runs by the qb. What I also heard was a decent Mo. State offense going up against a depleted, injury ridden UCA defense and barely getting by them.

You make it sound like we should've put up 70 points on you guys rather than 42.

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post, though. It was another great game between the two teams and I've enjoyed the good banter between our fanbases. Good luck with the rest of the season, and I hope this series can continue in the near future! xthumbsupx

MSULB#47
September 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
heyheyheyheyhey...relax MSU Fans....your starting to sound like me.....xlolx xlolx :D

If we can put a dent in Youngstown's plan's.....we will be well on our way.....

ShowMeBear2
September 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
YSU is going to be a tough game. The Bear defense needs to step it up.

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
The X Factor: Terry Allen.

xnodx

UCABEARS75
September 25th, 2007, 09:24 AM
MSU has some very good young talent and a solid coaching staff.

The future is bright but I hope their fans (and UCA's fans) are patient because the most improvement in these teams will not be until '08 or '09 when the defenses jell and somewhat catch up with the offenses.

MSUfan2010
September 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
The X Factor: Terry Allen.

xnodx

xbowx

Underdog or not, with him on our sideline, we are going to be in the game. I just want Saturday to get here.

citdog
September 25th, 2007, 11:01 AM
these msu knobs need to rack their damn chins in, roll their shoulders back, clamp their arms in and sound off like they got a pair. pullups with a sword betwixt your legs is also good for the motivation.

BearsCountry
September 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
MSU has some very good young talent and a solid coaching staff.

The future is bright but I hope their fans (and UCA's fans) are patient because the most improvement in these teams will not be until '08 or '09 when the defenses jell and somewhat catch up with the offenses.

I think we will be pretty patient with our team. We all thought the next two or three will be really good, this year's wins from now on our pretty much gravy to most of us.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Agree, we're already 1 win better than last year and have at least 2 very easy games in SEMO and Indiana State.

5 wins would be better than what most fans predicted at the beginning of the season.

Cap'n Cat
September 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Agree, we're already 1 win better than last year and have at least 2 very easy games in SEMO and Indiana State.

5 wins would be better than what most fans predicted at the beginning of the season.

WTF is going on with letsgobears.com?

Can't get in. That BearMania ain't the same.

xconfusedx

BearsCountry
September 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM
WTF is going on with letsgobears.com?

Can't get in. That BearMania ain't the same.

xconfusedx

Nobody seems to know.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I think someone pissed off steve (the admin) a few weeks ago, I forget what it was about, and this is him retaliating. Hopefully it come back or more people move on to bearmania or make another site.

douglasdmb
September 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM
That BearMania ain't the same.

Yeah, that site is pretty much a Lady Bear message board that just happens to have men's basketball and football forums.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I wish I knew if/when Letsgo is coming back, we should make a new site...

Cap'n Cat
September 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I wish I knew if/when Letsgo is coming back, we should make a new site...

PM agsadmin/FCSFAN and ask for Ralph. He can help you get one going. I think he got a new ILSU one up last spring or thereabouts. Or, FlyYtown does that stuff, too.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 12:25 PM
It looks like the website that the forum is run through is down also (www.aliencommunities.net), so maybe it's not letsgobears' problem, but that site.

Cap'n Cat
September 25th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I think someone pissed off steve (the admin) a few weeks ago, I forget what it was about, and this is him retaliating. Hopefully it come back or more people move on to bearmania or make another site.

Pissed off admin's retaliatin', man. It's a disease.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to create Letsgobears2 on Boardnation, I'll let everyone know when it's set up.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Got it set up:

http://users.boardnation.com/~letsgobears2/index.php

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Is anyone even interested??

Cap'n Cat
September 25th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Is anyone even interested??

Cap'n Cat is there!

xbowx xbowx

UCABEARS75
September 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cap'n Cat is there!

xbowx xbowx

Cap'n Cat is everywhere!

citdog
September 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cap'n Cat is everywhere where there is a buffet!

fixed it

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM
haha

ShowMeBear2
September 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Got it set up:

http://users.boardnation.com/~letsgobears2/index.php

I am for it,I just signe dup. Steve is a jerk on other board and a Ahearn homer.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Vids from UCA game:
Game recap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn-x8CeaXUM
Sorry for the audio, I have no clue what happened.

Band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTIVmRyc6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsJCx76mk3k