PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Poll is Out for the games ending 9/8

Pete's Weekly
September 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
The team poll is out for this week, come on by and take a look. The conference poll will be out tomorrow. Don't forget to vote for your week-3winner's and losers. There is a new page for 2007, where we try to keep track of the the trophy-rivalry games, let me know if there are any that you do not see listed.

Thanks,
Pete

BlueHen86
September 12th, 2007, 10:20 PM
The team poll is out for this week, come on by and take a look. The conference poll will be out tomorrow. Don't forget to vote for your week-3winner's and losers. There is a new page for 2007, where we try to keep track of the the trophy-rivalry games, let me know if there are any that you do not see listed.

Thanks,
Pete
Interesting poll Pete, thanks for posting the link.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2007, 10:21 PM
http://www.petespoll.com/petespowerpoll.shtml

McNeese St = #2?!?

SHSU = 51st?!?

NDSU at 9? Pete -- they are ineligible for the playoffs this year. Why are they in the poll and others like mid-majors who actually have a shot, not in it?

Pete -- who else voted with you this week?

McNeese75
September 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.petespoll.com/petespowerpoll.shtml

McNeese St = #2?!?

SHSU = 51st?!?

NDSU at 9? Pete -- they are ineligible for the playoffs this year. Why are they in the poll and others like mid-majors who actually have a shot, not in it?

Pete -- who else voted with you this week?

xlolx I like the way ole Pete thinks xeekx

appfan2008
September 12th, 2007, 11:51 PM
would like to see more from that poll in future weeks

ChickenMan
September 13th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Two MEAC schools in the Top 10... xoopsx

appfan2008
September 13th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Two MEAC schools in the Top 10... xoopsx

it could happen?...

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 08:11 AM
xsmhx Again with the Towson State! xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

bandl
September 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM
xsmhx Again with the Towson State! xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

What a baffoon xrotatehx ....seriously, when did the name change occur? 10 years ago?? xsmhx

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 08:17 AM
What a baffoon xrotatehx ....seriously, when did the name change occur? 10 years ago?? xsmhx

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I want to try the crack he's smokin'!xrolleyesx Lafayette at #6? Nice work if you can get it.

gophoenix
September 13th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Again with the Towson State

So far as I can tell from the website for your school and the University of Maryland System, the official name is still Towson State, with Towson University being the preferred name of recognition.

So technically, Pete isn't wrong.

It is like calling Charlotte by UNCC.

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 08:30 AM
So far as I can tell from the website for your school and the University of Maryland System, the official name is still Towson State, with Towson University being the preferred name of recognition.

My diploma says Towson State University, two years later, my brothers says Towson University. Towson is the only school outside of College Park that was allowed to drop the State. Salisbury, Morgan and Frostburg all tried to copy Towson, but were denied by the University of Maryland System.
Where on the towson.edu website does it still refer to Towson State?

89Hen
September 13th, 2007, 09:33 AM
21 Austin Peay OVC

xnutsx

MarkCCU
September 13th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Coastal Carolina is ranked higher than Furman?

Pete, do you even watch football?

89Hen
September 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM

Not true. The official name of the school IS Towson University. Salisbury University did the exact same thing.

My kids may end up at one of these.... xoopsx :p

Bowie State University
Coppin State University
Frostburg State University
Salisbury University
Towson University
University of Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
University of Maryland University College

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Stonybrook Seawolves at 26 - Dont know what that all means but we will take it:) :)

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Not true. The official name of the school IS Towson University. Salisbury University did the exact same thing.

My kids may end up at one of these.... xoopsx :p

Bowie State University
Coppin State University
Frostburg State University
Salisbury University
Towson University
University of Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
University of Maryland University College
DANG! You mention Bowie, Coppin and UMES but not Morgan? I'd put Morgan at the top of those HBCUs.

UB, UMB and UMUC are both mostly graduate schools, not even sure they have undergrad programs.

FWIW, I had a Salibury State College hoodie in high school I wore all the time. I found it on the beach in OC one year. Gross! :o

GannonFan
September 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM
My diploma says Towson State University, two years later, my brothers says Towson University. Towson is the only school outside of College Park that was allowed to drop the State. Salisbury, Morgan and Frostburg all tried to copy Towson, but were denied by the University of Maryland System.
Where on the towson.edu website does it still refer to Towson State?

My TiVo's details for the game also refer to it as "Towson State" - I promise to yell at my tv for you when I get home! xlolx

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
My TiVo's details for the game also refer to it as "Towson State" - I promise to yell at my tv for you when I get home! xlolx

It was TSU when I was there, so it doesn't bother me like it does most people post name change. xcoffeex

mcveyrl
September 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
FWIW, I had a Salibury State College hoodie in high school I wore all the time. I found it on the beach in OC one year. Gross! :o

Holy Deuce!! There are few things that should be worn after being found on a beach. A hoodie that will fit a lineman is not one of them...

In fact, I don't know what would be on the "okay" list, I just gave some items the benefit of the doubt.

downbythebeach
September 13th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Salisbury State changed to Salisbury University? Thats too bad they had a nice little niche among the "sounds like food" teams in college football.

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Holy Deuce!! There are few things that should be worn after being found on a beach. A hoodie that will fit a lineman is not one of them...

In fact, I don't know what would be on the "okay" list, I just gave some items the benefit of the doubt.

I washed it, I think. :o
It was an XL. I was only 6'3" 230-240 in HS.

mcveyrl
September 13th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I washed it SIX TIMES, I think. :o
It was an XL. I was only 6'3" 230-240 in HS.

There, I fixed it so it was closer to being an okay response...:D

89Hen
September 13th, 2007, 10:59 AM
DANG! You mention Bowie, Coppin and UMES but not Morgan? I'd put Morgan at the top of those HBCUs.
Although public, Morgan is not in the Maryland University system.

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Although public, Morgan is not in the Maryland University system.

Really? Why the "State" monnicker then? Either way, I'd still choose MSU over those other ones.

89Hen
September 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Really? Why the "State" monnicker then?
I think there are a lot of "State"s that aren't in their respective state systems.