PDA

View Full Version : Must see ASU video

AppMan
September 11th, 2007, 04:35 PM
The beginning of this video features the gameday experience at "The Rock", but at the 4 minute mark we get a glimpse into the future of ASU.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4Wi1TB-W8Y

seahawkfan2007
September 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Awsome!

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 05:19 PM
well that would be really cool but i think that that is way off

Mountaineer#96
September 11th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Way off? how so? All of these plans are on the books in some shape or fashion. Check out GoASU before you speak.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 07:46 PM
sorry i didnt clarify myself... i know all of that is in the works... i meant the final picture refering to the expansion of the east side... that is a few years off... i know we will have the rest by next year... or at least we better

james_lawfirm
September 11th, 2007, 07:50 PM
well that would be really cool but i think that that is way off

Ahem, I think that is what is now being built.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 07:51 PM
james read post #5 please!

brownbear
September 11th, 2007, 10:22 PM
This is what App State needs to handle its crowds:

HaveFunKc
September 11th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Nice!!!

NC Aggie
September 12th, 2007, 06:16 PM
The beginning of this video features the gameday experience at "The Rock", but at the 4 minute mark we get a glimpse into the future of ASU.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4Wi1TB-W8Y

Lose the track!

Cobblestone
September 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Lose the track!

I agree. Everything else looks awesome.

Mountaineer#96
September 12th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I agree. Everything else looks awesome.

If you guys are talking about the AC/DC track then, I really do not know what to say. I mean it is called Black Sat. xcoolx

Seven Would Be Nice
September 13th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Or yall could just play all of your games in this stadium...
http://www.savethebighouse.com/images/yost.jpg

Ill just keep inflating your heads until we play you..:D :D

SoCon48
September 13th, 2007, 12:38 AM
sorry i didnt clarify myself... i know all of that is in the works... i meant the final picture refering to the expansion of the east side... that is a few years off... i know we will have the rest by next year... or at least we better

Now way in heck we are in the new press box by next season.:(

Cobblestone
September 13th, 2007, 06:58 AM
If you guys are talking about the AC/DC track then, I really do not know what to say. I mean it is called Black Sat. xcoolx

We meant the running track going around the field. The AC/DC track is appropriate and cool. xcoolx

HiHiYikas
September 13th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I've been a pro-track ASU fan for a while now - what with that sport providing the University its first two national championships and an Olympic bronze medal. Not too shabby.

Given the current mania surrounding Mountaineer football, I'm starting to think I might like to see the track removed. I don't think this high-demand, low-supply scenario will continue indefinitely though...

Maybe Wa-Griz stadium could serve as an expansion model for KBS - if only there were some kind of wide-angle photo - possibly an aerial shot - to use as a reference...I'm fairly certain such a photo doesn't exist...oh well.

SoCon48
September 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I really don't care one way or another about the track. it just won't add that much seating space and i've not seen a track-less facility yet which offers any visibility for the bottom few rows. Never did like the fans being so close to the players either. Too, ASU is hard up for building space as it is and we are yet to experience a surplus of cash. Plus, the less sports we have to move away from campus, the better.
We have many more pressing issues than the track-or-no-track argument.

appfan2008
September 13th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I really don't care one way or another about the track. it just won't add that much seating space and i've not seen a track-less facility yet which offers any visibility for the bottom few rows. Never did like the fans being so close to the players either. Too, ASU is hard up for building space as it is and we are yet to experience a surplus of cash. Plus, the less sports we have to move away from campus, the better.
We have many more pressing issues than the track-or-no-track argument.

i agree with you on the other issues than the track but i just want to throw in my xtwocentsx i wish the track was taken out the field moved closer to the home side... demolish away side and build a bigger one close to the field that has moved over

james_lawfirm
September 13th, 2007, 09:14 AM
i agree with you on the other issues than the track but i just want to throw in my xtwocentsx i wish the track was taken out the field moved closer to the home side... demolish away side and build a bigger one close to the field that has moved over

I don't have a preference for the presence of the track itself one way or the other. However, I much prefer to have that space between the stands and the field. If you visit Elon or Gardner-Webb or other schools where the stands are right up on the field, then there are always sideline plays that some fans cannot see. At Kidd-Brewer that is not a problem. Visibility is good all over the field to every seat in the stadium, even at the near sidelines. I don't see any positive to moving the field closer to the stands. And, I agree that the visitor side stands should be a mirror-image of the home side stands.

lizrdgizrd
September 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I don't have a preference for the presence of the track itself one way or the other. However, I much prefer to have that space between the stands and the field. If you visit Elon or Gardner-Webb or other schools where the stands are right up on the field, then there are always sideline plays that some fans cannot see. At Kidd-Brewer that is not a problem. Visibility is good all over the field to every seat in the stadium, even at the near sidelines. I don't see any positive to moving the field closer to the stands. And, I agree that the visitor side stands should be a mirror-image of the home side stands.
Wouldn't expanding the "visitor" side stands run up against Stadium Dr?

already123
September 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
impressive

AppMan
September 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I've been a pro-track ASU fan for a while now - what with that sport providing the University its first two national championships and an Olympic bronze medal. Not too shabby.

Given the current mania surrounding Mountaineer football, I'm starting to think I might like to see the track removed. I don't think this high-demand, low-supply scenario will continue indefinitely though...

Think I'm going to faint!!! :>)

AppMan
September 13th, 2007, 08:37 PM
i wish the track was taken out the field moved closer to the home side... demolish away side and build a bigger one close to the field that has moved over

Lesson #1. There is NO Home Side.
Lesson #2. There is NO Away Side.
Lesson #2. There are only East & West Stands because all seating areas are OUR SIDES!

mo95asu
September 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM
AWESOME video. Gets you pumped for ASU game day!