PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State Ticket Mistake

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
ASU promises students the opportunity to get a free ticket for themselves along with the option to purchase up to 2 tickets for 10 dollars a piece to sit in the student section. Students are allowed to purchase these tickets up till midnight the day before the game. NO where in their language of the rules of these tickets does it say that this right can be taken away. The only requirement is that you pay you student athletic fee which is a part of tuition and required.

This week ASU sold too many tickets and the only way to keep themselves from having a massive amount of people they decided to revoke this right from the students. This is a right that students have to purchase or not to purchase these two tickets and now because of the athletic departments mistake they took that away for this weekend.

So you all may say oh that is no big deal... but let me tell you that this weekend is FAMILY WEEKEND! So the university is inviting families up to the school for the football game and the students dont have their right to buy tickets for their family!!! I am a senior and have my parents coming up this weekend just for the football game from Atlanta. I signed on to our new student ticketing website to purchase the tickets that I have been promised for them but that option was not availible. I contacted the ticket office to complain and they basically said... sorry!...

I love ASU but this is absurd, unfair, and an embaressment!

What do you all think of this?

TheBisonator
September 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
What do I think?? I think App State needs to expand their stadium.

The Older Gentleman
September 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Wouldn't have happened if you'd lost to Mich. The perils of success.

Ivytalk
September 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't have happened if you'd lost to Mich. The perils of success.

Well said, and true!

Sounds like a potential class action for Ivytalk, Steinmetz!xcoolx

DuckDuckGriz
September 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
What do I think?? I think App State needs to expand their stadium.

I agree. Why not expand that other side? It's way too small.

The Older Gentleman
September 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Well said, and true!

Sounds like a potential class action for Ivytalk, Steinmetz!xcoolx

For a nominal fee of 33%. xsmiley_wix

TheRock21
September 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Check out the video Appman just posted for future expansion of the stadium.

As for the ticket situation, this is a good problem to have, but putting myself in your shoes (Appfan2008) I would be pretty pissed off right now. I can't believe I'm saying this but you might want to check Ebay late this week to see if some tickets are available, if worse comes to worse I'm sure some people will be scalping them before the game.

Franks Tanks
September 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
No that does suck! I read an article about Penn State students standing in line for hours and still being unable to get season tickets. Its your time at the school and its precious and short and you should be able to attend the game.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Check out the video Appman just posted for future expansion of the stadium.

As for the ticket situation, this is a good problem to have, but putting myself in your shoes (Appfan2008) I would be pretty pissed off right now. I can't believe I'm saying this but you might want to check Ebay late this week to see if some tickets are available, if worse comes to worse I'm sure some people will be scalping them before the game.

did you have a link for that video?

also i have already been on ebay and there are no tickets yet... i plan on keeping checking ebay out as well as being ready to pay high dollar on saturday at the stadium!

james_lawfirm
September 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM
ASU promises students the opportunity to get a free ticket for themselves along with the option to purchase up to 2 tickets for 10 dollars a piece to sit in the student section. Students are allowed to purchase these tickets up till midnight the day before the game. NO where in their language of the rules of these tickets does it say that this right can be taken away. The only requirement is that you pay you student athletic fee which is a part of tuition and required.

This week ASU sold too many tickets and the only way to keep themselves from having a massive amount of people they decided to revoke this right from the students. This is a right that students have to purchase or not to purchase these two tickets and now because of the athletic departments mistake they took that away for this weekend.

So you all may say oh that is no big deal... but let me tell you that this weekend is FAMILY WEEKEND! So the university is inviting families up to the school for the football game and the students dont have their right to buy tickets for their family!!! I am a senior and have my parents coming up this weekend just for the football game from Atlanta. I signed on to our new student ticketing website to purchase the tickets that I have been promised for them but that option was not availible. I contacted the ticket office to complain and they basically said... sorry!...

Chill, dude.

OK, being able to purchase tickets may be a privilege, but it is not a "right."

If ASU gives the students a gift, then ASU can take back its gift anytime. Obviously, ASU did not expect the problems with 30k fans at games, else it could have planned differently.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 05:20 PM
no no no... asu has said that this a students right to purchase 2 tickets that is where you are wrong... no where have they ever said that it is a priviledge or that it can be taken away... i would have no problem if they said that that was the case but it is not the case

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 05:23 PM
30k people is not a problem, i assure you. they could fit 30k, which they havent, and they could fit 32k as far as im concerned. it is my thinking that they did not sale more tickets than they did last week, the only reason they quit selling student tickets is so that the reserved tickets wouldnt be taken by guest ticket holders. I understand your point that it is a "gift", but a good warning would have been nice. regardless, theres gonna be quite a few pissed of parents and friends of appalachian. build some more damn stands, were not payin for them to sit on our money.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 05:24 PM
it is stated as a "right". ive read the rules, and emailed the chancellor, in my opinion, theyve screwed up

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM
thank you kiddbrewer... they really really have screwed up... can you post the chancellor's email on here

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
peacockke, but its probably forrest gilliam would can do the most about it, the SGA president.

HensRock
September 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I beleive it is a right and not a privilege. ASU sold you the right which is you athletic fee built into the cost of tuition. You have every right to have access to those tickets - and every right for being pissed off that that right has been taken away.

HiHiYikas
September 11th, 2007, 07:18 PM
In-State tuition, fees (including athletic fees), housing - $7,286 per year
High-level Yosef Club membership - $5,000 per year

If I'm a student, I'd get just as angry about this as I would if, as a $5,000 Yosef club member, my tickets or parking passes got taken away or downgraded.

Appguy
September 11th, 2007, 07:28 PM
this last week we only had what like 27990? and there was basically NO WHERE to watch the game from with people sitting ontop the vendor trucks. so 32K would be even more rediculous. I cant get a ticket now because I was bankin on getting a guest ticket myself. looks like Ill have to go undercover as another student and if that doesnt work its the hill by the training complex for me.

james_lawfirm
September 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I still think you fellers are confusing an ability to purchase a ticket with the actual purchase of that ticket. When you figure out the difference, ASU's changing the policy does not seem so bad.

As an example, in ACC schools, alumni are used to paying thousands for the privilege to buy a ticket to a game for $50. The $x,000 bought the privilege, the $50 bought the ticket.

Unless I am missing something, ASU2008 was GIVEN the privilege to buy a ticket. AND YOU GAVE NOTHING FOR THAT PRIVILEGE. And he is now whining that they seemed to have changed the policy on him. Enough said. If they gave it to you for NOTHING, they can take it away for nothing. You still get what you paid for - NOTHING.

I really did not mean to pick a fight here. Well, not much of one anyway. If it's any consolation, I think they should add more seats somewhere and sell more tickets to those seats.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM
james you are picking a fight here bc you dont know the circumstances...

we pay our tuition for the right to buy guest tix...

priveledge has nothing to do with it... and dont you see what kind of a nightmare this will be with it being family weekend and many families traveling a long including mine (atlanta) only to be turned away

also hey appguy that is what i am trying with my folks, i got a couple of friends who arent going to give me there free tickets so i will try to get them in with those... hopefully they wont check id's... they say they will but they didnt last week

HiHiYikas
September 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
just go on eBay - 3 ASU/GSU tickets for $172.00

walliver
September 11th, 2007, 08:31 PM
According to the ASU website, ASU has 15,117 students. If each of these received a student ticket and purchased two guest tickets, that would represent 45,351 spectators. It would obviously be impossible for the school to fulfill everyone's "rights". Hence, there never were any "rights" to begin with. ASU, as well as all students, have assumed that most students would not take advantage of the offer.

Maybe ASU could kick out all the old fart alumni so more students could buy tickets. On the other hand, if you kick out the alumni, the money dries up and you'll find yourself in the the South Atlantic Conferencextwocentsx

mountain man
September 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM

priveledge has nothing to do with it... and dont you see what kind of a nightmare this will be with it being family weekend and many families traveling a long including mine (atlanta) only to be turned away

also hey appguy that is what i am trying with my folks, i got a couple of friends who arent going to give me there free tickets so i will try to get them in with those... hopefully they wont check id's... they say they will but they didnt last week

Why are you just now trying to get the tickets? If I had people coming into town I would have bought the tickets long before now. I applaud the university for making the right decision in this case. What to you want the university to do - let a couple thousand more in to an overpacked stadium? This is one of the prices we are going to pay for success. The days of walking over to the stadium / getting tickets at the last minute are history.

GRZZ
September 11th, 2007, 08:37 PM
That argument about privilege not a right drives me nuts. If students don't get their regular ticket privileges, how do people justify the students paying the athletic fee to begin with. I think sometimes the older alumni forget that the main people at a university are in fact the students.

Saint3333
September 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
ASU students are guaranteed a ticket, but I wouldn't say it is a right for them to purchase two guest tickets @ a discounted price. The students should consider the demand for the tickets and thank the school for allowing all students a ticket is they choose to come. At other schools they have to enter a lottery to get tickets, see Montana. In fact the only people that can get tickets to the NAU game are students.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Lets put it this way... at UMass we have 3000 student tickets which we give out for free due to athletic fees. The university sets the number of student tickets for every game before the season starts. I dont understand why ASU give the option of 2 guest passes. If they want tickets they should buy them like the normal public. If those tickets are sold out then thats too fricken bad. At UMass you need an ID in order to get into the game with the ticket. If you do not have a student ID then you are refused. ASU needs to eliminate the guest pass deal and save a block for students only. The university will not allow them to touch that block of student tickets if done properly. If they do... then the students have a HUGE issue because that is the sole purpose of athletic fees.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 08:44 PM
i understand 90 percent of your points. the only thing that really bothers me about this, is that its unprecedented, and came without any warning what so ever. you can tell me that its their right to do whatever they want, but were the most important part to this university, regardless of what anyone says. they knew the game was gonna be sold out of regular tickets, they could have forcasted they would sale a lot of guest tickets.....a simple heads up that they were cutting off sales, for the first time in school history....that woulda been a treat.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
ASU students are guaranteed a ticket, but I wouldn't say it is a right for them to purchase two guest tickets @ a discounted price. The students should consider the demand for the tickets and thank the school for allowing all students a ticket is they choose to come. At other schools they have to enter a lottery to get tickets, see Montana. In fact the only people that can get tickets to the NAU game are students.

Not every ASU student is guaranteed a ticket. Hell UMass has 24000 students who pay athletic fees... if they all wanted to come to the games... we would be -7000 seats. The same works for any campus.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
and ill bet good money there wont be more people their this week than there was last week.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Not every ASU student is guaranteed a ticket. Hell UMass has 24000 students who pay athletic fees... if they all wanted to come to the games... we would be -7000 seats. The same works for any campus.

every ASU student is gaurenteed a ticket, i assure you. it would NEVER happen, but they would not turn students away, or they would be facing a whole different beast.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
and ill bet good money there wont be more people their this week than there was last week.

Were their crowd control issues last week? Maybe someone made issue with the univesity because the stadium has a max attendance and that could have caused issue.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
every ASU student is gaurenteed a ticket, i assure you. it would NEVER happen, but they would not turn students away, or they would be facing a whole different beast.

You are wrong... 100% wrong

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Were their crowd control issues last week? Maybe someone made issue with the univesity because the stadium has a max attendance and that could have caused issue.

thats the most probable reasoning. i imagine it was an alumni/fire marshall/etc......and that is fine and understandable. if that were the case however, they should have announced that student guest ticket sales would be limited for this weeks game, saturday night after last weeks game. hell they announce everything else

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Taken from the Appalachian Student Ticket Policy guide...

"For the 2007-08 athletic year, students who are enrolled and pay athletic fees are
eligible. Tickets distributed may exceed the available seating for an event.
Student ticketing is not limited as it is at other universities but is still a privilege, and students must adhere to all
athletic venue policies and the University Student Code of Conduct.

proasu89
September 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Why are you just now trying to get the tickets? If I had people coming into town I would have bought the tickets long before now. I applaud the university for making the right decision in this case. What to you want the university to do - let a couple thousand more in to an overpacked stadium? This is one of the prices we are going to pay for success. The days of walking over to the stadium / getting tickets at the last minute are history.

Bout damn timexthumbsupx Time to step up and commit. xtwocentsx

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM

"For the 2007-08 athletic year, students who are enrolled and pay athletic fees are
Student ticketing is not limited as it is at other universities but is still a privilege, and students must adhere to all

I bolded the key part

The key word is eligible... does not say its guaranteed

Saint3333
September 11th, 2007, 09:01 PM

You are 100% correct, UMassdude needs to stick to what he knows, which isn't ASU's ticket policy.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
You are 100% correct, UMassdude needs to stick to what he knows, which isn't ASU's ticket policy.

read to policy... it backs me up more then anything. You need to know how to read between the lines.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I bolded the key part

The key word is eligible... does not say its guaranteed

ha you cant highlight and focus on one part of the paragraph and take that out of context, when the entire thing is important to understand it....sounds like something a tabloid would do.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:06 PM
ha you cant highlight and focus on one part of the paragraph and take that out of context, when the entire thing is important to understand it....sounds like something a tabloid would do.

No but the bolded part explains that not every student GETs a ticket.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM

just highlighting the important part....xcoolx

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I must say until soneone else on here has worked in a ticket office... you will not win an arguement against me in this subject. You may disagree but you will be wrong flat out.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
just highlighting the important part....xcoolx

Yes but it says MAY.... doesnt say it has to. also it says its not limited meaning if they dont sell all the paid tickets... they can give more student tickets. That is the same at most non I-A schools who have standing room only seating like your stadium.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM
touche, but until you have worked in appalachian state university's ticket office, previous experience doesnt really matter. and neither one of us really has any say, but it always fun to arguexreadx :)

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM
touche, but until you have worked in appalachian state university's ticket office, previous experience doesnt really matter. and neither one of us really has any say, but it always fun to arguexreadx :)

By working for UMass's... I have worked hand n hand with many different colleges when it comes to tickets and distribution. Id say I have a very good grasp on how they work for every issue. The main thing ASU needs to do is to end the 2 buddy passes. That causes nothing but trouble for times like this. Im not sure what a normal ticket cost at ASU but is 10 dollars much of a discount that they really need those tickets ?

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Yes but it says MAY.... doesnt say it has to. also it says its not limited meaning if they dont sell all the paid tickets... they can give more student tickets. That is the same at most non I-A schools who have standing room only seating like your stadium.

Tickets distributed may (are allowed to) exceed available seating........

i take that to mean, even if there is available seats, you can claim your tickets as a paying student. just my two cents

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM
By working for UMass's... I have worked hand n hand with many different colleges when it comes to tickets and distribution. Id say I have a very good grasp on how they work for every issue. The main thing ASU needs to do is to end the 2 buddy passes. That causes nothing but trouble for times like this. Im not sure what a normal ticket cost at ASU but is 10 dollars much of a discount that they really need those tickets ?

no, and its not the fact that they dont have any, like i said, its only the fact that they didnt tell anybody they wouldnt have any. i respect your experience, but understand kinda where im coming from?

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Tickets distributed may (are allowed to) exceed available seating........

i take that to mean, even if there is available seats, you can claim your tickets as a paying student. just my two cents

But to me it sounds like ASU has a max attendance issue where that statement becomes an issue... which you seem to not be understanding.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
no, and its not the fact that they dont have any, like i said, its only the fact that they didnt tell anybody they wouldnt have any.

They are telling you right now. the game isnt till saturday today is tuesday... I would be mad if i didnt have a ticket myself but id I didnt get a ticket by now.... then only I am to blame. Dont balme the university because the game is sold out.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
lets just say, judging from your experience, would UMass have told their students that for this weeks game they would not be selling any more student tickets after monday night, or would they have just sprung it on them and stopped selling them? just a question.

thats not a warning, thats an action.

jonmac
September 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I agree. Why not expand that other side? It's way too small.

Yeah, that's a great idea, think it can be done by Saturday at 3:30 PM?

ASU students(and I were one once) should realize that the winds of change are blowing in Boone. There are going to be growing pains until the expansion takes place. And enjoy your "free" ticket while you can.

2008, I do accept your hardship as far as your parents are concerned and family weekend is a tough time to institute this change but put yourself in the shoes of the athletic department, this is completely new territory for them too. AD Cobb came to us from NC State and things were much different there as far as student tickets are concerned. I know it does not console you but this is a great problem to have. When I was at App the student section did not even fill up until the end of the first quarter. It was awesome watching the updated photos from Howard's Knob Saturday as the stadium filled up. And as much as I love it, this is just football, there are a lot more important things to get you dander up over. Chill, it's gonna be OK...................GOAPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

bustingnut
September 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I agree with appfan2008 100%. But, at the same time, I see no real solution. I think better crowd control, and running everything as efficiently as possible instead of cutting off tickets would be the best. Then, light a fire under some butts next summer for an upper deck on the east side. This was a gross over sight by the administration. But, in their defense also, the previous a.d. should have already expanded to a certain extent. Its called planning, and advancement, guess thats why hes gone...Now they're playing catch up on the complex.

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:24 PM
lets just say, judging from your experience, would UMass have told their students that for this weeks game they would not be selling any more student tickets after monday night, or would they have just sprung it on them and stopped selling them? just a question.

thats not a warning, thats an action.

Thats hard to tell because depending how fast the tickets went.. Usually at umass we didnt give out student tickets till monday morning. when we came close to sell outs for basketball we would only give warning when we were close to sell out. We havent sould out a football game during my time there so I cant really comment on that. I would imagine they would post some kind of warning if possible but if they pass out student tickets on monday and they are gone before monday is done... their isnt much that can be done.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, that's a great idea, think it can be done by Saturday at 3:30 PM?

ASU students(and I were one once) should realize that the winds of change are blowing in Boone. There are going to be growing pains until the expansion takes place. And enjoy your "free" ticket while you can.

2008, I do accept your hardship as far as your parents are concerned and family weekend is a tough time to institute this change but put yourself in the shoes of the athletic department, this is completely new territory for them too. AD Cobb came to us from NC State and things were much different there as far as student tickets are concerned. I know it does not console you but this is a great problem to have. When I was at App the student section did not even fill up until the end of the first quarter. It was awesome watching the updated photos from Howard's Knob Saturday as the stadium filled up. And as much as I love it, this is just football, there are a lot more important things to get you dander up over. Chill, it's gonna be OK...................GOAPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

ha true enough, screw it, personally think theyre paid well to handle things such as this, but youre damn right its a good problem to have....im still gonna drink a few cold beers and enjoy the game, i was just hoping to have a few more of my buddies up to do the same....should have got them earlier i suppose, just didnt expect a change without warning....anyway, im still loyal as can be........GO APPS!

Saint3333
September 11th, 2007, 09:37 PM
read to policy... it backs me up more then anything. You need to know how to read between the lines.

You need to learn how to accept facts from someone that is fairly well connected with the university. I would never debate UMass's policies with you nor should you debate ASU's policy with me.xcoffeex

umassfan
September 11th, 2007, 09:38 PM
You need to learn how to accept facts from someone that is fairly well connected with the university. I would never debate UMass's policies with you nor should you debate ASU's policy with me.xcoffeex

well connected or not... did you work in a ticket office and know the inner workings behind closed doors?

AppStWill
September 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
This is turning out to be one of the most useless posts on the board.

KiddBrewer
September 11th, 2007, 09:57 PM
This is turning out to be one of the most useless posts on the board.

i realized that fact, ill leave it alone.

james_lawfirm
September 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM

priveledge has nothing to do with it...

Good luck enforcing that "right".

Appaholic
September 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Hate to say it, but I agree with umassdude.....students are eligible, not guaranteed.....kind of like being elgible to win a contest, but not guaranteed to win the prize.....also, I see nothing pertaining to a guaranteed right to two buddy passes at $10/tix.......but I feel your pain....a head's up to the students from the administration isn't too much to ask, especially considering it is Family Weekend.

trusty
September 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Should have went to UTC and you would not have this problem.xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
September 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I agree with appfan2008 100%. But, at the same time, I see no real solution. I think better crowd control, and running everything as efficiently as possible instead of cutting off tickets would be the best. Then, light a fire under some butts next summer for an upper deck on the east side. This was a gross over sight by the administration. But, in their defense also, the previous a.d. should have already expanded to a certain extent. Its called planning, and advancement, guess thats why hes gone...Now they're playing catch up on the complex.

In the administration's defense, it's not like they had these problems 4-5 years ago. While Appy St always had good attendance, you guys didn't start selling out and and getting huge crowds until 2-3 years ago. Compared to most other places, your increase in attendance has been pretty significant over a very, very short period of time - no plan would've ever been able to handle such a rate of increase.

lizrdgizrd
September 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Here are the average attendance figures for this century:
2007 - 28,802 *-only one game so far.
2006 - 20,546
2005 - 17,917
2004 - 13,556
2003 - 14,661
2002 - 12,586
2001 - 13,263
2000 - 13,016

There's a quick jump from 13K to 28K in 3 years. xeekx

AppstateGuy
September 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
What sucks about this is that we can't get guest tickets until the Monday prior to the game. They must have sold out that night or Tuesday morning because I tried Tuesday afternoon and was told they're sold out. On top of that, it's Parent's Weekend so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of upset parents.

My guess as to what happened is that they pre-sold so many grass/general tickets that they didn't feel they could handle many guest tickets. That's probably why you can't pre-buy grass tickets anymore until the week of the game.

mountain man
September 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
What sucks about this is that we can't get guest tickets until the Monday prior to the game. They must have sold out that night or Tuesday morning because I tried Tuesday afternoon and was told they're sold out. On top of that, it's Parent's Weekend so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of upset parents.

My guess as to what happened is that they pre-sold so many grass/general tickets that they didn't feel they could handle many guest tickets. That's probably why you can't pre-buy grass tickets anymore until the week of the game.

I agree they presold all the grass tickets they could which they should have. Why wait to sell $10 student guest tickets before the game when you have people willing to pay the full $20 price?

Also, there were plenty of tickets for the first couple days after the UM game. We were all talking about how fast they were selling. There was even a thread here saying get your tickets fast they are selling quickly. The students / parents should have gotten tickets when the rest of us did. If there are any upset parents then they should be upset at their kid for not getting them a regular ticket - like the rest of us did- when they were available.

phillyAPP
September 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM

I FEEL FOR THE STUDENTS...They do have a problem.......I have read most of the postings on the subject....IT SUCKS.....BUT.....It happened so fast that GOOD people at the ticket office had to make a tough decision.... I have been buying APP football tickets for over 10 years and the people in the ticket office are VERY nice and quality people.... I know timing is bad and alot of people will not get to see the game but I wish the students would be alittle more understanding. NO PERSON in the ticket office is trying to SCREW anyone, they are doing their best and alot of people will be out-of-luck.... This is just the beginning.... the cost for going to games will go up (tickets,parking,concessions) and possibly Personal seat licenses..............PLEASE give the administration some slack and try to stay positve........There is a whole lot more good happening than bad.

AppStateMan
September 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Move the band and make more room for students!! The band can sit in one of the endzones and still have a great view of the game. The home side will also be able to hear them better.....

Bearkatpresident
September 12th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I would LOVE to have your problem.

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 03:55 PM
haze the students until they stop complaining. works at El Cid!

The Moody1
September 12th, 2007, 04:13 PM

Its hard to buy a ticket when all of them are sold. There are only a finite amount of tickets available. Do the math. If every student were allowed to exercise this option that would amount to over 40,000 tickets for students and their guests.

AppstateGuy
September 12th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I FEEL FOR THE STUDENTS...They do have a problem.......I have read most of the postings on the subject....IT SUCKS.....BUT.....It happened so fast that GOOD people at the ticket office had to make a tough decision.... I have been buying APP football tickets for over 10 years and the people in the ticket office are VERY nice and quality people.... I know timing is bad and alot of people will not get to see the game but I wish the students would be alittle more understanding. NO PERSON in the ticket office is trying to SCREW anyone, they are doing their best and alot of people will be out-of-luck.... This is just the beginning.... the cost for going to games will go up (tickets,parking,concessions) and possibly Personal seat licenses..............PLEASE give the administration some slack and try to stay positve........There is a whole lot more good happening than bad.

I completely understand, and I'm not blaming the Ticket Office. The crowd was obviously too large last week for the stadium to be safe and enjoyable. And, btw, I don't have the belief that guest tickets are a right.

I was, in a way, responding to umassfan that we should have bought the tickets in advance. We're only able to buy the tickets the week of the event, which has never been a problem until now. If the demand for guest tickets stays high, I'll bet they'll start doing lotteries like they did for the NC State game.

ronpayne
September 12th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Move the band and make more room for students!! The band can sit in one of the endzones and still have a great view of the game. The home side will also be able to hear them better.....

No. The band is all students, and they make as much noise, as well as contribute to the whole gameday atmosphere. Moving them to the endzone, in my humble opinion (a really biased opinion, at that), is an insult to what they do. I know that Cobb (AD) and Tobias (Band Dir) get along great, and one time they did try to move the band, with their consent, but it didn't help the gameday, so they mutually agreed to move back.

However, you do have a good point about the audience being able to hear. I played for L-R with my hs band 2 weeks ago and we sat in the nice endzone seats. My home crowd did love it though - at most our home games, they can't hear us, so it was a nice change.

My 2 cents :-) (or 3.50)

mrklean
September 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM

HAZE is not a good word. Trust me, I know............xlolx

CCU97
September 12th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Saying that a student has a right to tickets based on the atheletic fee would be using the same logic that says all students should be able to park on campus if tuition helps pay for those lots ect. At most schools students can all park on campus. However, larger schools who are located within a city restrict Freshmen from parking on campus typically or even worse....they have off campus parking like CofC and you have to park a mile away(did it when I first worked for them and walked it every day). I also had my car broken into when I first started there and wasn't a thing I could do except send it in to my insurance...I paid $45 a month for the right to park there not for my car to be safe...I feel for you guys as students and I know how much your family looks forward to Family weekend and the game. Unfortunately you also have to realize that at most schools athletics has also become a business that is profit driven. So if given a choice to sell tickets for $10 or $20 which would you choose if you ran a business. And to top it off....The person who buys a $10 ticket will most likely not give you anything for 5-10 years after graduating so maybe up to 14 years....the person who pays $20 may give you a donation the next day.

KiddBrewer
September 12th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Saying that a student has a right to tickets based on the atheletic fee would be using the same logic that says all students should be able to park on campus if tuition helps pay for those lots ect. At most schools students can all park on campus. However, larger schools who are located within a city restrict Freshmen from parking on campus typically or even worse....they have off campus parking like CofC and you have to park a mile away(did it when I first worked for them and walked it every day). I also had my car broken into when I first started there and wasn't a thing I could do except send it in to my insurance...I paid $45 a month for the right to park there not for my car to be safe...I feel for you guys as students and I know how much your family looks forward to Family weekend and the game. Unfortunately you also have to realize that at most schools athletics has also become a business that is profit driven. So if given a choice to sell tickets for $10 or $20 which would you choose if you ran a business. And to top it off....The person who buys a $10 ticket will most likely not give you anything for 5-10 years after graduating so maybe up to 14 years....the person who pays $20 may give you a donation the next day.

i would sale tickets for both 20 dollars and 10 dollars, as they have in the past, personally.

Col Hogan
September 12th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Is there some ASU student doing an internship at ESPN? Maybe it's been up so long because its his joke for APPY fans...xchinscratchx xchinscratchx

james_lawfirm
September 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Oh, THAT will work. Kind of like announcing that the beatings will continue until morale improves!

As much as I admire the military schools (and I really do), that won't fly elsewhere.

appfan2008
September 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
putting the band in bleachers on the top of the hill sure would open up a lot more room!

james_lawfirm
September 13th, 2007, 08:34 AM
putting the band in bleachers on the top of the hill sure would open up a lot more room!

I think they ought to put all the whiners up on top of the hill & leave the band right where they are.

james_lawfirm
September 13th, 2007, 08:37 AM
That argument about privilege not a right drives me nuts. If students don't get their regular ticket privileges, how do people justify the students paying the athletic fee to begin with. I think sometimes the older alumni forget that the main people at a university are in fact the students.

Huh? There's students at the university? Naw.

AppStateMan
September 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I think they ought to put all the whiners up on top of the hill & leave the band right where they are.

Are you even a student?? Becasue if you where you would know that we need more room! Can't even hear the band becasue they are playing toward the away side!

AppStWill
September 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM

xlolx I thought it was funny....xthumbsupx

citdog
September 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Are you even a student?? Becasue if you where you would know that we need more room! Can't even hear the band becasue they are playing toward the away side!

wah wah wah, rack your damn chin in and shut your mouth!

SoCon48
September 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
xlolx I thought it was funny....xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

james_lawfirm
September 13th, 2007, 02:03 PM

I was. Now, I sit behind the band (sort of). Without the Press Box, the sound is diminished from last year's sound levels, that is true. They turn around every now and then.

Fact is, everyone needs more room since there are about 30k of our closest friends there.

james_lawfirm
September 13th, 2007, 02:04 PM
wah wah wah, rack your damn chin in and shut your mouth!

Citdog:

For once, I agree with you.

AppStateMan
September 13th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Fact is, everyone needs more room since there are about 30k of our closest friends there.

Maybe, just maybe one day their will be enough room for all of us to be satisfied. I've actually been in the band the last 3 years (class conflicts so I couldn't do it this year) and talk is that they may end up in one of the end zones very soon (temporary bleachers). At least we have a good problem on our hands!

lizrdgizrd
September 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM
There's plenty of room on the track for the band. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
they offered a few hundred tickets this afternoon if anyone was interested

citdog
September 13th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I've actually been in the band the last 3 years

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizrdgizrd
September 13th, 2007, 04:13 PM
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you mean

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/c1/Q_(Star_Trek).jpg

or

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/maggie-q/pictures/maggie-q-picture-1.jpg

or

http://eat2love.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/micthell-whole-hog.jpg

BTW: Don't do an image search on the letter q. Unless you're Travis, Jon, or Mark. xeekx

appfan2008
September 13th, 2007, 04:17 PM
endzone temp bleachers for band would be a great solution I believe

walliver
September 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Hire Brian van Gorder and your attendance problem will go away.xnodx

proasu89
September 13th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hire Brian van Gorder and your attendance problem will go away.xnodx

xlolx that's some pretty good smack there Walliver