PDA

View Full Version : JMU Football Notebook-Holloman out for VMI game

BDKJMU
September 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_sunday_details.php?AID=12123&CHID=52&sub=James%20Madison%20University

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 9th, 2007, 10:38 PM
It's a safe bet that JMU will survive without him next week against VMI.

Go Dukes!!!

Henny
September 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM
JMU also has injuries at Center and LB. The way Mickey is running Landers, get ready for an issue at QB as well. Holloman's backup isnt exactly Jerome Bettis either, yet Mickey will beat him like a horse.

I just hope JMU is completely healthy 11/3. I want no excuses!

JMU2004
September 10th, 2007, 06:40 AM
to my knowledge, we have no injuries at LB. Barnes cramped up, but went right back in the game after a few plays.

He is continuing the LB tradition at JMU as he has 30 tackles through 2 games!

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM
to my knowledge, we have no injuries at LB. Barnes crampd up, but when right back in the game after a few plays.

He is continuing the LB tradition at JMU as he has 30 tackles through 2 games!

The center also went back out and played against UNH.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Hen fans just like to make Mickey Matthews out to be some kind of bad guy. It's funny really.

This is an easy decision. Holloman played through the injury vs. UNH that he sustained in Chapel Hill. Sometime a separated shoulder injury will repeat itself often, which is a concern. My hope is that he just needs a week off to let the healing settle. No doubt he will be bothered by it throughout the year. Nevertheless, Eugene shows championship caliber heart playing strong on Saturday despite any pain.

This also give Boltan and some other possible backups the chance to shine in gameday situation. JMU has enough athletes, we're not worried about RB. As long as we have a strong O-line, the job will get done.

keydet71
September 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Don't happen to have another 30 or so who may be injured, do you?

:D

...and unlike W&M, I hope you do not need to score a final TD with about 1 minute to play......

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 05:33 PM
beat 'em bad JMU! VMI SUCKS!

JMUFortier
September 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I do hope that more starters get to rest and recuperate this game and hopefully the next. Looking at the schedule and assuming we get our business done in the meantime, the last four weeks of the season will be the make or break portion of the deal.

On the other hand, I do like seeing VMI on the schedule...good luck and I hope to see more of my cross-Valley rivals in the future:)

Henny
September 10th, 2007, 06:54 PM
again we want you full strenghth on 11/3, there will be no excuses. You can trash our QB all you want on your board and and laugh at out program but come November you have to come to the Tub. A place you never win!

JMU2004
September 10th, 2007, 06:57 PM
again we want you full strenghth on 11/3, there will be no excuses. You can trash our QB all you want on your board and and laugh at out program but come November you have to come to the Tub. A place you never win!

Funny....you seem to forget that UD is the program that ALWAYS blames things on injury.

Henny
September 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Stop living in the past, its 2007, we have no injuries and I will repeat the Hens motto "Never Again". You know damn well we are the team that can more than match you with athletes. Face it, you had your run and its over. I hope you enjoyed it. Are you coming to De. Stadium 11/3?

Madisonian
September 10th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Did I miss the trashing of Delaware's QB???? I certainly believe JMU respects Delaware's program. It is because of this respect that you can bet we'll be prepared for November. xbeerchugx

Save the hate for the Rams this weekend.

Dukie95
September 10th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think anyone has said one word about your QB...we're just worried about the next game on the schedule as we work in a new QB of our own.

We do however, sense Omar Cuff's presence looming just around the corner, and we have a tremendous amount of respece for the UD program.

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 10th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Every post of Henny states something about JMU living in the past.....I don't get it........and I haven't seen anything about their QB.

There's a lot of football to be played before our November matchup.

Henny
September 11th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Take a look at your own board regarding "the slow footed Delaware QB"
and how he will just sit in the pocket and get killed against JMU.

First of all Joe aint that slow, he use to run the option, second he is 6'' 6' 230 and tough to get to get down before he gets the ball off.

And yes JMU as of 2007 is living in the past regarding team records over the past few years.

If JMU can slow down our offense I will give you all the credit in the world. I just dont see it happening. We can beat you in so many ways.

th0m
September 11th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Why don't you walk the walk before you talk the talk. Always coming from Dware fans, this living in the past. How are we supposed to draw conclusions on your play as of recent? From NCAA Xbox 360 games? Of course we're going to reference last year's game. If y'all'd won, you'd do the same thing. Stop being a hypocrite. Last game, Flacco put up great numbers, and guess what? You still lost big time. Where's that defense? I didn't see it last year's game, and I haven't seen it this year, so forget that living in the past stuff.

BDKJMU
September 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
If JMU can slow down our offense I will give you all the credit in the world. I just dont see it happening. We can beat you in so many ways.

Heck, as bad as your defense is, all JMU would have to do is hold UD under 40 to win. Heck, maybe even only under 50. And JMU's de is a heck of a lot beeter than W&M's.

Tribe4SF
September 12th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Don't happen to have another 30 or so who may be injured, do you?

:D

...and unlike W&M, I hope you do not need to score a final TD with about 1 minute to play......

Not sure what you're implying here. Tribe had the #3 and #4 tailbacks and the #3 fullback carrying the ball in a 53 yard 4 1/2 minute drive that ended with 1:48 to play. Phillips and many starters did not play at all in the second half.

ChickenMan
September 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Not sure what you're implying here.

I think he's implying that VMI stinks... :D

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I think he's implying that VMI stinks... :D

No they SUCK, i'm sure of it!

bluehenbillk
September 12th, 2007, 10:06 AM
What do I think of VMI?

I'd take West Chester & give VMI 2 TD's & feel safe.

GannonFan
September 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
What do I think of VMI?

I'd take West Chester & give VMI 2 TD's & feel safe.

Agreed, easy money. VMI is a poor man's Citadel.