PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week 3 (FOUR FBS games this week)

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2007, 12:36 PM
UTC - Idle
Elon - Idle

Coastal Carolina @ Georgia Southern - Thank goodness Coastal isn't the team they were last year. I am hoping that the team that showed up in the second half of last weeks game shows up this week. If they do, it shouldn't be a problem.
GSU - 41
Coastal - 20

Northern Arizona @ Appalachian State - Appalachian State is the team to beat for the entire country. I don't know if any team looks as good as they do. Edwards should be back this week and ASU should win with no problem.
Appalachian State - 38
Nortern Arizona - 10

Western Carolina @ Georgia - I don't think I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to WCU anymore. UGA had a disappointing loss to South Carolina last week but is still a team on the same level as 'Bama.
UGA - 42
WCU -16

The Citadel @ Wisconsin - Finally a real test for The Citadel. The Citadel looks good so far but we will find out how good they are versus a highly ranked UW team. If they keep the game within 21 points I'd say they are a legitimate contender for third or even second place in the Socon.
Wisconsin - 48
Citadel - 24

Wofford @ NC State - This is our best chance for an FBS win this week. Puh-leeeze win this one so that we aren't 2-4 this week!!
Wofford - 27
N.C. State - 24

Furman @ Clemson - I'm surprised by the loss at Hofstra but I am not ready to write off Furman yet. Clemson has two solid wins over two mediocre FBS teams. The way I see it, they need to have at least a loss with a marigin comparable to these two to show that they are a contender for first or even second in the Socon
Clemson - 37
Furman - 17

I'm thinking we are either 2-4 or 1-5 this week.

[EDIT] Sorry, I meant 3-3 or 2-4

Saint3333
September 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I don't predict ASU games.

GSU by 14
Furman loses by 21
Wofford loses by 10
Citadel loses by 24
WCU loses by 31

Tough week for the SoCon, hopefully ASU can hold NAU's offense in check, that WR is a solid player.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I don't predict ASU games.

GSU by 14
Furman loses by 21
Wofford loses by 10
Citadel loses by 24
WCU loses by 31

Tough week for the SoCon, hopefully ASU can hold NAU's offense in check, that WR is a solid player.

NC State lost to Central Florida and got blown out by an unranked BC team...I'd hope that Wofford can keep it closer than 10.

Peems
September 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
UTC - Idle
Elon - Idle

Coastal Carolina @ Georgia Southern - Thank goodness Coastal isn't the team they were last year. I am hoping that the team that showed up in the second half of last weeks game shows up this week. If they do, it shouldn't be a problem.
GSU - 41
Coastal - 20

Northern Arizona @ Appalachian State - Appalachian State is the team to beat for the entire country. I don't know if any team looks as good as they do. Edwards should be back this week and ASU should win with no problem.
Western Carolina @ Georgia - I don't think I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to WCU anymore. UGA had a disappointing loss to South Carolina last week but is still a team on the same level as 'Bama.
UGA - 42
WCU -16

The Citadel @ Wisconsin - Finally a real test for The Citadel. The Citadel looks good so far but we will find out how good they are versus a highly ranked UW team. If they keep the game within 21 points I'd say they are a legitimate contender for third or even second place in the Socon.
Wisconsin - 48
Citadel - 24

Wofford @ NC State - This is our best chance for an FBS win this week. Puh-leeeze win this one so that we aren't 2-4 this week!!
Wofford - 27
N.C. State - 24

Furman @ Clemson - I'm surprised by the loss at Hofstra but I am not ready to write off Furman yet. Clemson has two solid wins over two mediocre FBS teams. The way I see it, they need to have at least a loss with a marigin comparable to these two to show that they are a contender for first or even second in the Socon
Clemson - 37
Furman - 17

I'm thinking we are either 2-4 or 1-5 this week.

[EDIT] Sorry, I meant 3-3 or 2-4

I don't expect NAU to win but I do expect them to score more than 10 points. I say 41-24 ASU

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I don't know what to think about the Clemson game. Furman went down there in 2003 with an eventual 6-5 team and it took Clemson a few fluke plays to beat the Paladins by 11.

Furman is 30 min away from Clemson, these guys played against each other in high school. There isn't just an FBS school, but one with a lot of emotion wrapped up.

Part of me thinks that our team was already picturing themselves running out in Death Valley and not so much about the team in front of them. Spiller and Davis are the key, Clemson is not that good but they might have the best backfield in the game. If they have a big day, it won't be a good show for the Paladins. If Furman can keep them contained, then they will have a fighting chance.

X-Factor
September 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
NC State lost to Central Florida and got blown out by an unranked BC team...I'd hope that Wofford can keep it closer than 10.

NC State also had a lot of turnovers.(I think 5) The first half was close. NC State passing all over BC but had absolutely no running game.

ElonPride
September 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I think Wofford pulls the upset........

gophoenix
September 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
To be honest. I think Wofford can win this game against NC State.

I also am looking for The Citadel to play Wisconsin much much much closer than lots will think they will. It'd really be something if the SoCon can go 2-0 against the Big Ten.

Uncle Buck
September 9th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Some useless information but interesting. When Clemson offensive coordinator reviews this past week's Furman/Hofstra tilt, i wonder if it will bring back any memories for him. Rob Spence was the offensive coordinator at Hofstra in 1990, '97, '98, and '99. Very creative mind and a hell of a coach, glad i could play for him. Bottom line though, i always pull for the FCS, give'm hell.

TheRock21
September 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I also think Wofford has a good shot at State this year, they really do suck xnodx .

As for Western scoring against Georgia, forget about that, they won't compete with Georgia's 2nd and 3rd stringers in the game.

We will see if Furman can stop the run, if not God help them xeekx

Citadel should be embarrassed about that score Saturday. Their AD should have said no thank you when that offer came to the table, I don't care how desparate you were for a game. It's not like anybody's scared or hesistant to play you xeyebrowx . They will also get a dose of reality.

CID1990
September 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I also think Wofford has a good shot at State this year, they really do suck xnodx .

As for Western scoring against Georgia, forget about that, they won't compete with Georgia's 2nd and 3rd stringers in the game.

We will see if Furman can stop the run, if not God help them xeekx

Citadel should be embarrassed about that score Saturday. Their AD should have said no thank you when that offer came to the table, I don't care how desparate you were for a game. It's not like anybody's scared or hesistant to play you xeyebrowx . They will also get a dose of reality.

I have a problem with playing cupcakes that have no meaning. Newberry would be a cupcake, but they are a SC team, and we have a series of past games with them.

Our team and coach did what they could to hold the score down in a game that could have easily broken the 100 point mark. That being said, I don't think we should schedule any more NAIA teams. Even so, given the choice between playing one BCS team (Wisconsin) and one NAIA team, or playing two BCS teams (which is our usual modus operandi), I would say we were overdue for playing a cupcake. I think the last time we played one of those, it was against Lees McRae about 5-6 years ago. I think ASU plays a cupcake every year.

As for a dose of reality, how many BCS teams do we have to play for that does of reality you speak of? Were Pitt AND Texas A&M last year not a does of reality? What about Florida State the year before? After this year, we will only have to play Arizona in a couple years to have played a team from every major BCS conference. I think our sense of reality is well established.

In spite of that, from what I have seen over the last two weeks, I think we will play Wisconsin to around a 21 point spread next week. More importantly, I think we will hang at least 21 points on their first string defense. Some of this will depend on how Wisconsin rebounds from the near miss at UNLV this past week. El Cid is healthy, confident, and will go to Madison ready to play football. Wisconsin will be well advised to watch the video from the FSU game from two years ago.

lizrdgizrd
September 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM
In spite of that, from what I have seen over the last two weeks, I think we will play Wisconsin to around a 21 point spread next week.
I hope you guys don't beat them by more than 21 or the Big 10 might just stop playing football altogether. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

Mountaineer#96
September 9th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Georgia Southern- 28
Coastal Carolina - 17

Battle of two rebuilding programs, but I think GSU has got more going for them.

The Citadel- 7
Wisconsin - 49

After last week The Citadel gets what is coming to them (karma).

Furman- 17
Clemson- 31

Furman keeps it close and gives the Tigers a good Michigan scare at the half.

Wofford - 21
NC State - 29

NC State slips by but has a tough time stopping the Wofford wing bone. Wofford is up @ the half.

Northern Arizona- 13
App State- 35

ASU gets a good game from the 'jacks, but NAU's main threat is thier WR's and our secondary has been playing together for 4 years straight.

Millwoch
September 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM
The Citadel actually played Lees McRea in the 80s when Nazdak(sp?) was AD. He told me saturday that they also booked them last minute to fill a void in the schedule just like this years Webber Int game. It was ugly that day too.

CID1990
September 10th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Georgia Southern- 28
Coastal Carolina - 17

The Citadel- 7
Wisconsin - 49

Furman- 17
Clemson- 31

Wofford - 21
NC State - 29

NC State slips by but has a tough time stopping the Wofford wing bone. Wofford is up @ the half.

Northern Arizona- 13
App State- 35

ASU gets a good game from the 'jacks, but NAU's main threat is thier WR's and our secondary has been playing together for 4 years straight.

That's OK. We have a huge bank of good Karma from all the BCS conference teams we have played every year for the last 15.

OL FU
September 10th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I don't know what to think about the Clemson game. Furman went down there in 2003 with an eventual 6-5 team and it took Clemson a few fluke plays to beat the Paladins by 11.

Furman is 30 min away from Clemson, these guys played against each other in high school. There isn't just an FBS school, but one with a lot of emotion wrapped up.

Part of me thinks that our team was already picturing themselves running out in Death Valley and not so much about the team in front of them. Spiller and Davis are the key, Clemson is not that good but they might have the best backfield in the game. If they have a big day, it won't be a good show for the Paladins. If Furman can keep them contained, then they will have a fighting chance.

If we were looking ahead we should have stopped at halftimexnodx

OL FU
September 10th, 2007, 07:27 AM
CCU @ GSU - - CCU is tough at home but this is not 2006, GSU wins but not by much

NAU @ ASU - ASU by 14

WCU @ Ga - - -How many points will the score board register:o This will be ugly

Cit @ Wisconsin. THE Citadel hangs for a while but loses by a few scores

Wofford @ NC State - There is a real chance here but I rarely pick FCS even though I route for them Hoping I am wrong but NC state by a couple.

Furman @ Clemson - I don't see anyway we stop them offensively and they are going to load up the box with big boys. My optimism has faded. We lose by at least 4 touchdowns ( and I hope I am wrong)

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 08:00 AM
The Citadel- 7
Wisconsin - 49

After last week The Citadel gets what is coming to them (karma)

your brother is being hazed right now for that one! xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex

Eyes of Old Main
September 10th, 2007, 08:25 AM
your brother is being hazed right now for that one! xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex

Is that an admission?

lizrdgizrd
September 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM

Is that an admission?
"Did you order the Code Red?!"

PaladinFan
September 10th, 2007, 09:02 AM
OL FU, I agree with you in part, but look at what we typically do...

I would wager that there are very few (if any) FCS teams that play BCS teams as well as we do. Even the games we lose we are right there in the end.

Furman went to Clemson in 2003 with a pathetic excuse for an offense. Clemson scored once on a long pass play when your DB fell down and had another fluke play where, I think, three different people picked up a fumble.

The Paladins can play with these guys. I don't think we'll win, but they durn sure better show us something better than what they did last week. I say we lose by 10

OL FU
September 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
OL FU, I agree with you in part, but look at what we typically do...

I would wager that there are very few (if any) FCS teams that play BCS teams as well as we do. Even the games we lose we are right there in the end.

Furman went to Clemson in 2003 with a pathetic excuse for an offense. Clemson scored once on a long pass play when your DB fell down and had another fluke play where, I think, three different people picked up a fumble.

The Paladins can play with these guys. I don't think we'll win, but they durn sure better show us something better than what they did last week. I say we lose by 10

The difference under Lamb has been when we play FCS ( look at UNC last year and Pitt in 2004) is that offensively we throw the kitchen sink at them. Why we don't do that in FCS games is beyond me. (Don't mis-interpret as that comment is not a Lamb bash. I don't bash success) We may be able to pull that off this week. My biggest concern is that our line doesn't seem to be able to knock any holes in the defense for the run and simultaneously let's the D-line in all over our QB. But from what I have seen of the Tigers so far is that they can pass xeekx and may have the best duo of running backs in FBS. If their backs get past our line they may be off to the races. That spells a long day for our defense. Our hope has to be that they are flat and we play over our head and keep them guessing on with imaginative play calling. I am hopeful but not counting on it.

LarryBoy
September 10th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Against FBS team, we run what I like to call the "Flying Wishbone". It's the only time we ever run option these days, and yet we also pass for 300+ yards out of it...a lot of option passes, play action. Also, it made Gray throw almost every pass on the run and out of the pocket against UNC (with, surprisingly, remarkable success).

We need to stretch the field with Clemson. That's the only way our talented backs have any chance of success. We threw little 4 yard passes against Hofstra, so they kept stacking the box. That's how you end up with only 80-something yards of rushing.

walliver
September 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
The ?SU's win,
Wofford has a chance,
FBS wins the rest.
Finally, UTC doesn't lose.
Elon beats bye easily

Samford plays PC. If they don't win, maybe we should reconsider their invitation:D

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Against FBS team, we run what I like to call the "Flying Wishbone". It's the only time we ever run option these days, and yet we also pass for 300+ yards out of it...a lot of option passes, play action. Also, it made Gray throw almost every pass on the run and out of the pocket against UNC (with, surprisingly, remarkable success).

We need to stretch the field with Clemson. That's the only way our talented backs have any chance of success. We threw little 4 yard passes against Hofstra, so they kept stacking the box. That's how you end up with only 80-something yards of rushing.

and an Lxthumbsupx

OL FU
September 10th, 2007, 10:30 AM

I would like to see that offense a little more oftenxnodx Geez Pitt was running around in circles and if our defense had been able to shut down UNC just once or twice. Woulda Couldas. I still don't understand why we don't do that against FCS opponents

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I would like to see that offense a little more oftenxnodx Geez Pitt was running around in circles and if our defense had been able to shut down UNC just once or twice. Woulda Couldas. I still don't understand why we don't do that against FCS opponents

Lamb is a putz?

phillyAPP
September 10th, 2007, 11:45 AM
The ?SU's win,
Wofford has a chance,
FBS wins the rest.
Elon beats bye easily

Samford plays PC. If they don't win, maybe we should reconsider their invitation:D

BEST quote so far. and accurate also !!

OL FU
September 10th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Lamb is a putz?

And The Citadel's record against him is 1-4. I will take that putzy recordxeyebrowx

mrklean
September 10th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Georgia Southern- 28
Coastal Carolina - 17

The Citadel- 7
Wisconsin - 49

Furman- 17
Clemson- 31

Wofford - 21
NC State - 29

Northern Arizona- 13
App State- 35

We dont rebuild, we only reload!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA

lizrdgizrd
September 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM

GATA
What happened last year? Put your ammo in the wrong gun? xconfusedx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM
What happened last year? Put your ammo in the wrong gun? xconfusedx

The people in charge of firing the gun had about as much firearm prowess as Elmer Fudd. xrolleyesx

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
xrulesx xwhistlex xeekx xconfusedx xrolleyesx
The people in charge of firing the gun had about as much firearm prowess as Elmer Fudd. xrolleyesx

OR ABOUT AS MUCH AS THE US ARMY POLICE CORPS! YA HEAR THAT KLEAN I'M CALLIN YOU OUT!xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xrulesx xcoffeex xwhistlex xeyebrowx xconfusedx xrolleyesx xrotatehx xconfusedx :D xrotatehx

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Citadel @ Wisconsin - not a close game. Citadel is not App State and Wisconsin is not the 2007 Michigan Wolverines. El Cid 17 - Badgers 45.

Furman @ Clemson - Furman will get a big dose of Spiller and Davis for at least 2 quarters. Dins 13 - Tigers 37.

Appalachain State vs. NAU. I don't know much about the Lumberjacks, but I do know that ASU is really good. Mountainmen 34 - Jacks 17.

Wofford @ NC State - State is bad, however, they prevail in a close game. Terriers 17 - Wolfpack 20.

Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern - We will get our first glimpse of GSU against FCS talent. This is not 2006 Beach Chickens and it appears Hatch knows how to use his playmakers (Foster). Iggles 24 - CCSU 13.

WCU @ Georgia - a little to a lot.

UTC mercifully gets a bye.
Elon faces stiffer competition from scout team than last week's opponent.

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Citadel @ Wisconsin - not a close game. Citadel is not App State and Wisconsin is not the 2007 Michigan Wolverines. El Cid 17 - Badgers 45.

Furman @ Clemson - Furman will get a big dose of Spiller and Davis for at least 2 quarters. Dins 13 - Tigers 37.

Appalachain State vs. NAU. I don't know much about the Lumberjacks, but I do know that ASU is really good. Mountainmen 34 - Jacks 17.

Wofford @ NC State - State is bad, however, they prevail in a close game. Terriers 17 - Wolfpack 20.

Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern - We will get our first glimpse of GSU against FCS talent. This is not 2006 Beach Chickens and it appears Hatch knows how to use his playmakers (Foster). Iggles 24 - CCSU 13.

WCU @ Georgia - a little to a lot.

UTC mercifully gets a bye.

it's THE xmadx xmadx xmadx Citadel

ButlerGSU
September 10th, 2007, 03:48 PM
This hasn't came up anywhere that I've seen but maybe our App State fans can answer - How bad is Edwards hurt? Was he held out just to play it safe?

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
it's THE xmadx xmadx xmadx Citadel

I could just call it the Milatary College for Rednecks Who Can't Let Go of the Past and Realize They Lost the War of Secession but that is way too much to type.

asu70
September 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
This hasn't came up anywhere that I've seen but maybe our App State fans can answer - How bad is Edwards hurt? Was he held out just to play it safe?

He dressed out and Coach Moore said he would have started if we were playing a conference game. Throwing shoulder was dinged up a little in the UM game.

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I could just call it the Milatary College for Rednecks Who Can't Let Go of the Past and Realize They Lost the War of Secession but that is way too much to type.

how about Chatt, the place where the football team even rapes together!

ElonPride
September 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Scout team? I didn't think we played UTC until LATER in the season! xlolx xsmiley_wix

mistersykes
September 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM

He was dressed and ready if needed. Sore shoulder. It was better to let him rest up for NAU, and the outcome was never in question, so he stayed out. As far as I know, he will be starting on Saturday.

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM
how about Chatt, the place where the football team even rapes together!

It was consensual and all charges were dropped. So you calling innocent men rapists is extremely down right ignorant.

And at least the Mocs Footballer's like women. Apparently the boys at Military College for Rednecks Who Can't Let Go of the Past and Realize They Lost the War of Secession don't discriminate when it comes to there targets for sexual assault.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060824/news_1n24citadel.html

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Scout team? I didn't think we played UTC until LATER in the season! xlolx xsmiley_wix

Us SoCon bottom dwellers need to stick together. We can form an alliance with WCU and incoming member Sanford. Then we can proclaim a strangle hold on the bottom four spots in the standings.

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
It was consensual and all charges were dropped. So you calling innocent men rapists is extremely down right ignorant.

And at least the Mocs Footballer's like women. Apparently the boys at Military College for Rednecks Who Can't Let Go of the Past and Realize They Lost the War of Secession don't discriminate when it comes to there targets for sexual assault.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060824/news_1n24citadel.html

how about chatt isn't worth the time, thought , or effort to respond? you are an embarassment! your players don't graduate, you still don't win.

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
how about chatt isn't worth the time, thought , or effort to respond? you are an embarassment! your players don't graduate, you still don't win.

I don't know what passes for non-response in Charleston but the above looks like a reply to me.

Additionally it is quite comical to have a Citadel grad rip on the Mocs for losing. That is something that the Bulldogs have excelled at for years.

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I don't know what passes for non-response in Charleston but the above looks like a reply to me.

Additionally it is quite comical to have a Citadel grad rip on the Mocs for losing. That is something that the Bulldogs have excelled at for years.

it's quite comical that you being a moc, can find charleston, or know how to turn a puter on! the difference between us...... we may lose, but we are not LOSERS!

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
it's quite comical that you being a moc, can find charleston, or know how to turn a puter on! the difference between us...... we may lose, but we are not LOSERS!

UTC vs Citadel
Chattanoooga 24 wins
Citadel 14 wins

I am a Moc but even I know that 24 is more than 14.

I had the misfortune of going to Johnson Hagood Stadium last year. I swear I saw your cheerleaders come out of the same kennel as Spike woof woof.

ElonPride
September 10th, 2007, 04:48 PM

I had the misfortune of going to Johnson Hagood Stadium last year. I swear I saw your cheerleaders come out of the same kennel as Spike woof woof.

Sorry, but that made me chuckle!

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
UTC vs Citadel
Chattanoooga 24 wins
Citadel 14 wins

glad to see that you are as smart as the usual utc person. our cheerleaders are pretty bad. they used to be the best the College of Charleston had to offer, and they were nice!

Mountaineer#96
September 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM

I think he is getting hazed anyways......poor kid. He will be a man soon won't he now citdog!!!!...xrotatehx

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I think he is getting hazed anyways......poor kid. He will be a man soon won't he now citdog!!!!...xrotatehx

the beatings continue until morale improves!

Mountaineer#96
September 10th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I hate to say it, but thats how it is in the Army here too. Thank God our morale is high!!xlolx

NashMoc
September 10th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I am so looking forward to Sept. 29 when the Dogs visit the Mocs, which by the way is the only way Citadel will be playing at Finley Stadium.

citdog
September 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I am so looking forward to Sept. 29 when the Dogs visit the Mocs, which by the way is the only way Citadel will be playing at Finley Stadium.

we will take care of business on the 29th. we have a week off to prepare for y'all and with Kevin Higgins, and a week off.................with honor we will prevail!

dungeonjoe
September 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
We interrupt this thread hijack to get back on the subject!:)

App State wins
Furman keeps it close for 3 quarters
The Citadel deposits a check for the new stadium, (forget karma)
Western finds a way to score, but not enough to keep up with Georgia

I won't call the Wofford game, but I hope they play as well as they are capable of playing.

catamount man
September 10th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Wisconsin 38 El Cid 21
ASU 44 NAU 20
Clemson 37 Furman 10
WCU 0 Georgia 58 (RESIGN PLEASE KENT BRIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!)xmadx
GSU 34 CCU 7
Wofford 16 nc state 13 (Wofford WILL win this one, setting up a monster game next week in sparkle city vs the apps)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ButlerGSU
September 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Wisconsin 38 El Cid 21
ASU 44 NAU 20
Clemson 37 Furman 10
WCU 0 Georgia 58 (RESIGN PLEASE KENT BRIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!)xmadx
GSU 34 CCU 7
Wofford 16 nc state 13 (Wofford WILL win this one, setting up a monster game next week in sparkle city vs the apps)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

You really think Coastal is worse than West Georgia?

PaladinFan
September 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Wisconsin beats Citadel silly.

Clemson beats FU by 14

ASU beats NAU by 14

NCSU beats Wofford by 7

GSU beats CCU by 21

UGA beats WCU by 40

Eyes of Old Main
September 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM

Please, please, please...

OL FU
September 11th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Just for yucks I looked up our record against Clemson. We are 10-40-4. Kinda sounds like THE Citadel's record against usxsmiley_wix xlolx

Tealblood
September 11th, 2007, 06:43 AM
a freind called me the other day and gave me a stat about Clemson--

since they left the southern conference(late 50's) Clemson has not lost a single game to a member of thje SOCON--the total was around 55 games

I assume of the 55--
20 are prolly to Furman
10-12 to citadel
5-6 to Wofford
the rest chatty, western, and I'm guessing but don't remember to Appy

MarkCCU
September 11th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Mark up a loss for El Cid and Furman.
Ga Southern will win against coastal.

OL FU
September 11th, 2007, 06:57 AM
a freind called me the other day and gave me a stat about Clemson--

since they left the southern conference(late 50's) Clemson has not lost a single game to a member of thje SOCON--the total was around 55 games

I assume of the 55--
20 are prolly to Furman
10-12 to citadel
5-6 to Wofford
the rest chatty, western, and I'm guessing but don't remember to Appy

I am old so I remember this. But during the mid to late 80's when we were awesome and Clemson was on probation I used to beg and plead for a chance to schedule themxnodx

We didn't play them until they their scholarships returned and they were up to snuff again.

PS reminds me of a bumper sticker that showed up in TigerTown after Furman beat South Carolina.

It said: "I would rather be on probation than lose to Furman"

Slap in the face but still funnyxnodx

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Mark up a loss for El Cid and Furman.

sand-bags-a-plenty xnodx

Eaglesrus
September 11th, 2007, 08:35 AM

I hope that you are correct, of course, but it remains to be seen whether it just took one bad half before we became a really good team or whether we just took a half to wear down an under-manned D-II. I think it's somewhere in the middle, and certainly hope that it's enough of becoming a good team for us to chalk up another W.

Eyes of Old Main
September 11th, 2007, 09:48 AM
sand-bags-a-plenty xnodx

Nothing wrong with a little sand-bagging every now and then.

PaladinFan
September 11th, 2007, 11:08 AM
At least Clemson will still play us. Not so much for the Gamecocks.

BULLDOG8180
September 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Just for yucks I looked up our record against Clemson. We are 10-40-4. Kinda sounds like THE Citadel's record against usxsmiley_wix xlolx

That can't be right, I played on at least 10 teams that beat Furman.:D

lizrdgizrd
September 11th, 2007, 11:32 AM
That can't be right, I played on at least 10 teams that beat Furman.:D
Black and Gold Express' Super Tecmo Bowl mod doesn't count! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mountaineer#96
September 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM
ooooooooo Tecmo Bowl !!! lets do it :) Lets go SOCON, get it done this week boys!

thirdgendin
September 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
At least Clemson will still play us. Not so much for the Gamecocks.

South Carolina is on our schedule twice in the near future, but this is the last game under contract with Clemson. We probably won't see them again until 2015 or later, barring a cancellation.

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Everyone in the SoCon gets huge test to see what they are made of this week, yes i'm including GSU.

SCPALADIN
September 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
glad to see that you are as smart as the usual utc person. our cheerleaders are pretty bad. they used to be the best the College of Charleston had to offer, and they were nice!

Chalk this up as the only time I have agreed with citdog (or at least that I'll admit to). My wife cheered for y'all back in the day xoopsx...that was a fine looking group of girls.xthumbsupx Things have definitely been on the decline the past decade.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
i think 2-4 would be good this week for the socon

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Furman fans, how do you feel about your playoff chances as of now? You need to win 7 of the next 9 games to have a realistic chance and you still have to play Clemson, at a tough-looking Citadel team, at Georgia Southern, and App State at home. Do you guys think you have a shot?

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Furman fans, how do you feel about your playoff chances as of now? You need to win 7 of the next 9 games to have a realistic chance and you still have to play Clemson, at a tough-looking Citadel team, at Georgia Southern, and App State at home. Do you guys think you have a shot?

Certainly we have a shot. This absolutely dims the chances. The team has talent. However, we have now faced two teams that have loaded up the box and dared us to pass. If we don't come up with a passing scheme to spread the defense out we are toast. If we do we are back in the middle of things. The Wofford game is now the big one. Lose that and it is http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/giljotiini.gif

ElonPride
September 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Everyone in the SoCon gets huge test to see what they are made of this week, yes i'm including GSU.

Elon had their big test 2 weeks ago (South Florida).

Now the team gets to sit back and see what everyone else is made of xsmiley_wix

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
PS, in 2005 we fell flat on our face against Western in the second game of the year. Except for a daring comeback attempt we basically got whooped.

Now there are two (well actually three) differences in 2005 and 2007. 2005 we had Ingle Martin at QB but we had the most inexperienced defense in recent Furman history. In 2007 we don't have Ingle but we do have experience on defense (Our defense however does require our offense keeping the ball for more than 3 and outs). In 2005 we did not have a I-A which gave us some breathing room. But more importantly, we only lost one game to I-AA (the hated Eagles) and with that loss went 9-2. Do the same this year and we are 8-3 with a loss to Clemson.xnodx

It will be more difficult this year, but it is certainly doablexthumbsupx

PaladinFan
September 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Still good, I think. The frustration I feel is that we are going to come into at least one more game completely unprepared. The only two teams I honestly think that are "better" than Furman are Clemson and App left on the schedule. I don't look at any team left on the schedule and say "well, no way we are winning that game."

OLFU is right, in 2005 we got absolutely hammered by Western and then went on to make the semifinals and beat the national champs. In fact, without that Western loss, ASU would have come to Furman in the playoffs and possibly you would have seen the Paladins raise their second championship banner.

You simply can't tell two weeks in what is going to happen. For all we know, Hofstra may go out and win the CAA. This is the second week in a row the Paladins had absolutely no game film to go on and probably spent much of their practices "guessing" at what might get thrown at them.

Playoffs are a long time from now. Hard to guage what's going to happen. GSU beats up a bad D2 team, Citadel anhiliates a school no one has ever heard of, App State gets a big win over a school that is possibly nowhere near as good as people though preseason, Wofford is streaky. Ask me again in 4 weeks.

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
it's THE CITADEL xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

lizrdgizrd
September 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM
it's THE CITADEL xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox
Just like it's THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. xrolleyesx

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 01:13 PM

THE citadelxconfusedx

terrierbob
September 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM
How about "A Citadel"? :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Still good, I think. The frustration I feel is that we are going to come into at least one more game completely unprepared. The only two teams I honestly think that are "better" than Furman are Clemson and App left on the schedule. I don't look at any team left on the schedule and say "well, no way we are winning that game."

OLFU is right, in 2005 we got absolutely hammered by Western and then went on to make the semifinals and beat the national champs. In fact, without that Western loss, ASU would have come to Furman in the playoffs and possibly you would have seen the Paladins raise their second championship banner.

You simply can't tell two weeks in what is going to happen. For all we know, Hofstra may go out and win the CAA. This is the second week in a row the Paladins had absolutely no game film to go on and probably spent much of their practices "guessing" at what might get thrown at them.

Playoffs are a long time from now. Hard to guage what's going to happen. GSU beats up a bad D2 team, Citadel anhiliates a school no one has ever heard of, App State gets a big win over a school that is possibly nowhere near as good as people though preseason, Wofford is streaky. Ask me again in 4 weeks.

In '05 I think most people were assuming from that first game that Western was going to be good rather than Furman not being very good, and they were right. They went on and gave Cincinatti a good game (it was 7-0 at the end of the game). WCU had some key injuries that year, and that's why they tanked.

Normally, I wouldn't say a thing like this two weeks into the season, but it doesn't really look good for you guys IMO. Even if you guys really are the second best team in the Socon as you say you still have to play at GSU, at The Citadel (you know they are going to be fired up for that game especially if they are 4-1 coming into it), at Clemson, and against App. I'm not saying you guys suck this year, just that you have it real tough to win at least 7 of the next nine.

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 02:22 PM
How about "A Citadel"? :D

how about A beating by my schmeckle?

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 02:30 PM
In '05 I think most people were assuming from that first game that Western was going to be good rather than Furman not being very good, and they were right. They went on and gave Cincinatti a good game (it was 7-0 at the end of the game). WCU had some key injuries that year, and that's why they tanked.

Normally, I wouldn't say a thing like this two weeks into the season, but it doesn't really look good for you guys IMO. Even if you guys really are the second best team in the Socon as you say you still have to play at GSU, at The Citadel (you know they are going to be fired up for that game especially if they are 4-1 coming into it), at Clemson, and against App. I'm not saying you guys suck this year, just that you have it real tough to win at least 7 of the next nine.

I think now people are assuming that Hofstra is going to be good.

and I didn't say it was going to be easy. I said it was very possible.

First, Wofford seems good but they come here. ASU is obviously good but they also come to Furman. Now at this point in time I am not sure what that means but at least we are not going to the Rock.

THE Citadel obviously is a big game and outside of VMI they would probably rather beat us than anybody. They have a good shot this year but I wouldn't put the cart before the horse on that one.

GSU, I know you guys are all excited about beating West Georgiaxeyebrowx but let's don't lose too much perspective with that win. It means about as much as our win over PC. On the other hand, we don't have that much luck in Paulson but we have won there before (even if it was only once, in the playoffs, in the semisxsmiley_wix )

And let's don't forget Elon who seems to be picking up some steam as well.

Who did I forget - Oh yeah Chatt and WCUxoopsx

But the main thing to remember is that it is only week two. Furman has dug a hole but we have dug that hole before. xnodx

Let's at least wait until the Wofford game before you starting covering up our casket with dirt.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I think now people are assuming that Hofstra is going to be good.

and I didn't say it was going to be easy. I said it was very possible.

First, Wofford seems good but they come here. ASU is obviously good but they also come to Furman. Now at this point in time I am not sure what that means but at least we are not going to the Rock.

THE Citadel obviously is a big game and outside of VMI they would probably rather beat us than anybody. They have a good shot this year but I wouldn't put the cart before the horse on that one.

GSU, I know you guys are all excited about beating West Georgiaxeyebrowx but let's don't lose too much perspective with that win. It means about as much as our win over PC. On the other hand, we don't have that much luck in Paulson but we have won there before (even if it was only once, in the playoffs, in the semisxsmiley_wix )

And let's don't forget Elon who seems to be picking up some steam as well.

Who did I forget - Oh yeah Chatt and WCUxoopsx

But the main thing to remember is that it is only week two. Furman has dug a hole but we have dug that hole before. xnodx

Let's at least wait until the Wofford game before you starting covering up our casket with dirt.

I'm excited about our 35-0 second half shutout, and how our running game exceeded our expectations (and our expectations were very high this year.) Our team could very well have 1100 yards rushing by the time we are finished with UTC on the 29th. It also shows the ability of the coaches to adapt...I think a lot of people (including a lot of GSU fans) underestimate how incompetently our O was ran last season.

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 02:39 PM
THE Citadel

thanks Eddie!xthumbsupx xbowx :D

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM

I don't think we get in with 7. It happens rarely but we need 8. They only way we get in with only 7 is to beat APP and then all the other pieces of the FCS playoff puzzle would have to fall exactly rightxnodx Which would also mean that Wofford and the Citadel have to be as good as it now looks and GSU has to be as good as Wofford and the Citadel.

Personally, I think winning 7 is very possible. Eight right now is also possible but much less probably. Fingers crossed.

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'm excited about our 35-0 second half shutout, and how our running game exceeded our expectations (and our expectations were very high this year.) Our team could very well have 1100 yards rushing by the time we are finished with UTC on the 29th. It also shows the ability of the coaches to adapt...I think a lot of people (including a lot of GSU fans) underestimate how incompetently our O was ran last season.

I don't blame you for being excited but let's remember it is still West Georgiaxthumbsupx I am lazy Who is on the schedule after CCU?

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 02:43 PM
thanks Eddie!xthumbsupx xbowx :D

You learned me wellxsmiley_wix

Happy New Yearxthumbsupx

terrierbob
September 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
2. schmeckle

hebrew/yiddish slang for a small penis

(from the Urban Dictionary. Almost as authoritative as the Oxford English Dictionary).

lizrdgizrd
September 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
how about A beating by my schmeckle?
Would he even notice? xconfusedx :D

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Would he even notice? xconfusedx :D

bust him up with it!

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 03:00 PM
2. schmeckle

(from the Urban Dictionary. Almost as authoritative as the Oxford English Dictionary).

xeyebrowx TMIxlolx

Gives whole new meeting to "I will smite you with my schmeckle"xeekx

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
2. schmeckle

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

awesome post!

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
You learned me wellxsmiley_wix

Happy New Yearxthumbsupx

thanks guy!

PaladinFan
September 12th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Furman has a long history of beating Wofford. I know the Eagles can't find a way to do it, but Furman has hammered them the past two years. That is, probably outside of UTC and WCU, the least worried I am about an opponent.

The Citadel will be a good game, but I don't think they will sneak up on us this year like they usually do. We know they are a good team, taking the place of their appearance at Furman's homecoming game every other year.

GSU road game will be tough. If the Eagles play well and win, well, that's the way it goes. Furman has the better football team but that didn't mean anything in 2005 either.

I said FU would end up 8-3 to begin the season. I still think that will be true.

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=PaladinFan;646366

The Citadel [/QUOTE]

you too are learning!xthumbsupx

seantaylor
September 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Furman has a long history of beating Wofford. I know the Eagles can't find a way to do it, but Furman has hammered them the past two years. That is, probably outside of UTC and WCU, the least worried I am about an opponent.

The Citadel will be a good game, but I don't think they will sneak up on us this year like they usually do. We know they are a good team, taking the place of their appearance at Furman's homecoming game every other year.

GSU road game will be tough. If the Eagles play well and win, well, that's the way it goes. Furman has the better football team but that didn't mean anything in 2005 either.

I said FU would end up 8-3 to begin the season. I still think that will be true.

Negative. Furman barely won at home against a coach with down syndrome. No way Furman wins in Paulson this year.

seantaylor
September 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I don't blame you for being excited but let's remember it is still West Georgiaxthumbsupx I am lazy Who is on the schedule after CCU?

Please remind of the score of the Furman-West Georgia game last year. The 1-9 West Georgia Wolves.

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Please remind of the score of the Furman-West Georgia game last year. The 1-9 West Georgia Wolves.

And I didn't get excited about it either:p Of course we weren't 3-8 the year before:p :p

xsmiley_wix

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Negative. Furman barely won at home against a coach with down syndrome. No way Furman wins in Paulson this year.

Last time I looked barely counts:p :p :p

PaladinFan
September 13th, 2007, 07:00 AM

People say GSU has changed their offense. They havent. Last time I checked Jayson Foster is still running around in the backfield with the football like he was three years ago. Makes them scary.

I wouldn't say there is "no way" we win in Paulson, though. And I also don't see how "barely losing" a year ago makes any difference in 2007.

ButlerGSU
September 13th, 2007, 08:36 AM
People say GSU has changed their offense. They havent. Last time I checked Jayson Foster is still running around in the backfield with the football like he was three years ago. Makes them scary.

I wouldn't say there is "no way" we win in Paulson, though. And I also don't see how "barely losing" a year ago makes any difference in 2007.

I agree, anything can happen when GSU and Furman meet. One team could show up having lost every game and then take the other to overtime. We'll have to see but one thing is for sure it should be a great game in front of a very large crowd.

optionattack
September 13th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I think Wofford pulls the upset........

I picked that upset.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 13th, 2007, 10:31 AM

It has changed. Furman will see an offense different from the one in Paulson in 2005 where pretty much every play was either a fullback dive or a QB rollout. We have some nice short passing plays with elaborate blocking schemes and we have been using some misdirection type plays sort of like App has been using.

The biggest question mark in the game will be if we can contain Jerome Felton. Mohring and Earwood are gone at linebacker and pretty much all the LB's we have used are either young or they are transfers (we have one from Western Kentucky, one from Troy State, one from South Carolina if I remember correctly).

But I think we can pull it off.

optionattack
September 13th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I think we only saw a fraction of the new offense last Saturday. Hatcher is keeping it simple early on and adding to it as the players become more comfortable. By the time Furman rolls around, hopefully we should be close to firing on all cylinders. xthumbsupx

citdog
September 13th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I think we only saw a fraction of the new offense last Saturday. Hatcher is keeping it simple early on and adding to it as the players become more comfortable. By the time Furman rolls around, hopefully we should be close to firing on all cylinders. xthumbsupx

must have kept it REAL simple in the first half!

PaladinFan
September 13th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Felton has been very quiet the first two games. Teams are forcing the Paladins to beat them through the air. Hofstra did a great job of locking down of Furmans passing game and letting their all american at MLB take care of the inside.

Furman has got to figure out a way to counter what teams are doing to stop the inside game.

optionattack
September 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Furman or Wofford pulled an upset this weekend. Or GSU at the end of the season @ Colorado State. Not saying any of this will happen, just saying it could.

Appdad
September 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM

GATA

You are rebiulding after that mess last year. BVG shot GSU in the foot with a 30-30. What a sorry experience for the players! Though, I am sure they learned some great life lessons they will implement on and off the field.

That being said I believe GSU is BACK in Full strength!

citdog
September 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM
You are rebiulding after that mess last year. BVG shot GSU in the foot with a 30-30. What a sorry experience for the players! Though, I am sure they learned some great life lessons they will implement on and off the field.

That being said I believe GSU is BACK in Full strength!

your second paragraph is totally at odds with your first. all good posts have a beginning, a middle, and an end. do they teach english at App State?

PaladinFan
September 13th, 2007, 02:17 PM

24-7. Their only TD was a fumble returned for a td. What's your point?

CID1990
September 13th, 2007, 03:54 PM

We're not going to HAVE to sneak up on you guys this year, Grasshopper.

ronpayne
September 13th, 2007, 10:57 PM
your second paragraph is totally at odds with your first. all good posts have a beginning, a middle, and an end. do they teach english at App State?

We don't have time to teach English at AppState... we're too busy beating over-ranked bigtime schools while taking their money. We study economics first, and "standard" english, as ya'll non-mountain folks call it, later. We speak another totally foreign language called Southern, which in itself can be rather hard to understand... xrotatehx

already123
September 14th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Northern Arizona- 13
App State- 35

I dont know about that statement...NAU has 2 of the best corners in the country...Along with the best reciever, one of the best TEs, 2 good runningbacks, and a dual-threat QB. App cant afford to focus on one player. (no matter how good they may or may not be)

AZGrizFan
September 14th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I dont know about that statement...NAU has 2 of the best corners in the country...Along with the best reciever, one of the best TEs, 2 good runningbacks, and a dual-threat QB. App cant afford to focus on one player. (no matter how good they may or may not be)

Here's my dilema: If I root for NAU and they WIN, it's good for the BSC in general, but then I'm scared *****LESS for the 10/27 game in Flag against my Griz! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

That being said, I hope the Lumberjokes don't mess themselves. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Purple Knight
September 14th, 2007, 01:01 AM

No longer a realistic goal. A 6-5 season would be good.

AZGrizFan
September 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
No longer a realistic goal. A 6-5 season would be good.

So Furman is already throwin' in the towel? xcoolx

Purple Knight
September 14th, 2007, 05:23 AM

Your comment refers to quiting. Don't believe we will do that. Original question was about playoff hopes. 1 loss already, Clemson and App St will probably make it three. One more from Wofford, Citadel or Ga Sou will do us in with 4 losses. Its possible, just not probable IMO. We got some problems, same ones we had last year and the one before that. We are not into fixing problems unless they a personnel problems.
xcoffeex

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 05:38 AM

Not hardlyxnonox

OL FU
September 14th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Your comment refers to quiting. Don't believe we will do that. Original question was about playoff hopes. 1 loss already, Clemson and App St will probably make it three. One more from Wofford, Citadel or Ga Sou will do us in with 4 losses. Its possible, just not probable IMO. We got some problems, same ones we had last year and the one before that. We are not into fixing problems unless they a personnel problems.
xcoffeex

It could very well be a 6-5 season. It could very well be an 8-3 season. The question I had coming into this year is probably the same as most Furman fans. Were we mediocre last year (8-3 regular season is not mediocre but outside of three games we never looked very good) because we were mediocre or because we were beat up from injuries. With our line up we may not be world beaters but we should be very good. We have to stop the turnovers and we have to develop a game plan that is going to make defenses defend against the pass and slow down the rush. Without accomplishing those to things we are 6-5, with those two things we are in the hunt. It should be interesting at Clemson to see if Lamb plays (as another Paladin Fan called it) the flying wishbone offense. The one we scored many points on UNC and Pitt. For some reason we only use that offense against I-As. If he uses that offense against Clemson and then goes back to our standard variation on six plays offense competeing in the SoCon I may also be one of those fans that goesxeyebrowx

Jiggs
September 14th, 2007, 11:25 AM
The ?SU's win,
Wofford has a chance,
FBS wins the rest.
Elon beats bye easily

Do we now get a one-week extension on the reconsideration of our invitation?

citdog
September 14th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Do we now get a one-week extension on the reconsideration of our invitation?

you are not going to enjoy your "Knob Year"

Griswold
September 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM

I went through this whole thread hoping to get some insight on NAU and this was all I found. Honestly I don't know anything about NAU or what to expect from them. People are predicting App to win but what I want to know is what kind of game should we expect and why? How will each offense match up against the others defense?

How has the atmosphere been around campus this week? Is there still any national media hanging around? It's been good but I hope they're gone.

CopperCat
September 15th, 2007, 01:13 AM

You have a decent QB with an excellent WR. Period.

What's this about "two of the best corners in the country" homerish-talk?xeyebrowx I don't think I've heard anybody say anything like that.

AZGrizFan
September 15th, 2007, 01:24 AM
xcoffeex

Not hardlyxnonox

Actuallyy I wasn't referring to "quitting", but more to the conceptof throwing in the towel regarding playoff hopes. Seems a tad early. xeyebrowx

Old Montana State Grad
September 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM
NAU has a decent line this year and Muretta is gone. The offense is going to run a decent "scripted" set of plays instead of continual improvisational wing-it crap. It's going to translate to timing, fades, and less reliance on reads. Should be a highly productive offense.

Defense is okay and they haven't shown much on special teams. Much better team this year.

CID1990
September 15th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Wisconsin - 48
Citadel - 24

Not bad! I predicted we would score at least 21, and we scored 31. I wasn't willing to predict how many points UW would score since I really had no idea.

OL FU
September 15th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Actuallyy I wasn't referring to "quitting", but more to the conceptof throwing in the towel regarding playoff hopes. Seems a tad early. xeyebrowx

Like I said earlier, we will know more after the Wofford Gamexnodx

No giving up on playoffs. We haven't played a conference game yetxthumbsupx

The offense woke up with more offensive yards than Clemson, but for the third game in a row we had wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy to many turnovers. Defense held Clemson to something like 30 yards rusing.

Score was horrible though

CID1990
September 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
The Citadel- 7
Wisconsin - 49

Nice prediction! I guess that karma thing is overrated. maybe YOU guys can beat us 49-7 this year?

terrierbob
September 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Like I said earlier, we will know more after the Wofford Game

No giving up on playoffs. We haven't played a conference game

The offense woke up with more offensive yards than Clemson, but for the third game in a row we had wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy to many turnovers. Defense held Clemson to something like 30 yards rusing.

Score was horrible though

####################################

I'm really not looking forward to FU or ElCid now. Congrats to both. I have to go to a friggin' play tonight at 7 so i'll only catch the first few minutes of our game. What an idiotic thing to commit to.xoopsx

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Conference is going to be interesting this year. Very interesting.

Peems
September 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
After all that has happened in the first few weeks, I believe that ASU will lose a conference game. I'm thinkin El Cid.

CID1990
September 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
After all that has happened in the first few weeks, I believe that ASU will lose a conference game. I'm thinkin El Cid.

It will be an inspired game, but I'm thinking we are not quite there, yet.

catamount man
September 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Call me crazy, but it was a different WCU team that played UGA yesterday. If you'd told me we'd lose 45-16 after last week's embarrassment at EKU, I would've taken it.

We WILL end the streak against PC!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

james_lawfirm
September 16th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Maybe. Wofford, Furman, and The Citadel are all away games for ASU this year. Furman seems to be a big question mark so far. Wofford will be a HUGE test next week. And, The Citadel seems to be playing better than ever. There's no question that the SoCon championship runs through South Carolina this year (at least it does if App is to win it).

The good news for ASU is that, if past seasons are any indication, we seem to learn from each early game and get better as the season goes along. Personally, I don't think the "smash mouth" teams of the past, (e.g., those that don't feature speed) can keep us with ASU. We'll see.

LarryBoy
September 16th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Furman is improving. We've always known that this team had talent, but the execution wasn't there. The execution, sans the turnovers, was there against Clemson. Give us the two TD's that were called back, cut the turnovers in half, and we win that game. Honestly. Clemson was tall and fast, yet we dominated them physically, and that could have been enough.

Some notes:
After the 5 sacks against Clemson, we have 11 sacks through 3 games. We had 14 all of last year. So, we're going to give QB's a lot more to think about.

The Furman offense comes alive under Jordan Sorrells. I would not be surprised if, after the offweek, he is our QB.

After the pitiful rushing/O-line performance against Hofstra, we were able to establish a ground game against a Clemson defensive front that supposedly was the best in the ACC. They looked like freaking buffalo with orange jerseys compared to our line. Hofstra sacked us 3 times (I think), Clemson was only able to touch our QB's twice, with no sacks.

Citadel scares me. Until someone proves otherwise, I consider them to be the #2 in the conference. Winning at Charleston is going to be a mammoth task.

App will probably be back to their normal, butt-kicking selves when Edwards is back under center. I've never been overly impressed with Elder, though I am biased against all former Byrnes QB's.

And one more thing: Clemson is way too impressed with themselves. They introduce their players with video footage of each one flexing their muscles, strutting, pointing at the name on the back of their jerseys. When Willy Korn came into the game on the last drive, he didn't just come in like any other QB...he had to be shown dancing around the jumbotron first, complete with some crappy upbeat music. There are many, many things about college football that makes the NFL look classless, and the lack of that kind of sideshow is one of them.

CID1990
September 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM
And one more thing: Clemson is way too impressed with themselves. They introduce their players with video footage of each one flexing their muscles, strutting, pointing at the name on the back of their jerseys. When Willy Korn came into the game on the last drive, he didn't just come in like any other QB...he had to be shown dancing around the jumbotron first, complete with some crappy upbeat music. There are many, many things about college football that makes the NFL look classless, and the lack of that kind of sideshow is one of them.

It's like I've said before, FBS isn't college football. It's a stinking thug circus.

terrierbob
September 16th, 2007, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=james_lawfirm;651416]Maybe. Wofford, Furman, and The Citadel are all away games for ASU this year. Furman seems to be a big question mark so far. Wofford will be a HUGE test next week. And, The Citadel seems to be playing better than ever. There's no question that the SoCon championship runs through South Carolina this year (at least it does if App is to win it).

Wofford had 15 penalties and three turnovers. We shot ourselves in the foot every time we got close. We had more yardage, and they had much more discipline. It really didn't seem like an Ayers-coached team. We'll be creamed by our SOCON foes if we pull this in the onference matchups. Bummer.

CID1990
September 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM

SO, how did that work out for ya?

citdog
September 29th, 2007, 09:09 PM
SO, how did that work out for ya?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D