PDA

View Full Version : What happened in JMU/UNH ???

HensRock
September 9th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Mid-3rd quarter it was tied at 24.
What the H happened in the 4th quarter ?! !!!

UNH meltdown? Was Santos injured?
How did JMU score so many so quickly?

I was really surprised by this final after seeing the game so close early on.

bandl
September 9th, 2007, 07:55 AM
2 INT's by Santos.

It appeared that UNH got tired and wasn't ready for the humidity.

Landers was playing like he was in mid-season form.

DRDukes
September 9th, 2007, 08:05 AM
And the JMU D really stepped up halfway through the 3rd and completely shut them down in the 4th.

UNHWildCats
September 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
it didn't help that Chad Kackert went down with an injury early

Jerbearasu
September 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I watched this on the Internet so it was kinda blurry. I saw fatigue on UNH side, great D from JMU but mostly it seemed that New Hampshire had some first game bugs to work out while JMU got them out of the way last week. Win was deserved by JMU but would have liked to see this game played in the beginning of Oct. JMU completely wore them out by the end!

Nebuta
September 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM
JMU offense looked great. Landers is going to be a special player with unlimited potential. UNH had no answers on defense.
Santos - 2 ints. Both were poor decisions. (very rare for Santos) The first one was thrown right at the JMU defender, he may have had to take one step if that. 2nd was scramble out of the pocket trying to make something happen. Santos was able to move the ball, just didn't finish the deal. As one of his TE dropped the ball in the endzone.
JMU defensive line looks great they stopped UNH run and was able to get some pressure on Santos. If their is any weakness in JMU defense - its their secondary (suspect) allowing +350 yards passing.
All and all, was a great game to watch. (Probable playoff game) I believe UNH will recover from this and still make the playoffs.

appfan2008
September 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
in any case a strong win for jmu and they moved up to number 4 in my poll only behind asu montana and uni