PDA

View Full Version : App State on College Football Scoreboard

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Video footage from Boone. Crazy. It never stops.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2007, 01:22 AM
No Edwards today?

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Why do we need to see App State and a no-name Division II school when several other games that had more weight on them (ie UNI-Iowa State, A&M-Fresno State, etc) and that millions of other people wanted to see.

I guess the pub is good and its not like App fans are begging for it but come on ESPN.

KiddBrewer
September 9th, 2007, 02:45 AM
very true, UNI/ISU footage would have been nice to see, or even hear about....espn is kind of a joke, but the attention is nice, cant lie about that.

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2007, 02:48 AM
very true, UNI/ISU footage would have been nice to see, or even hear about....espn is kind of a joke, but the attention is nice, cant lie about that.

Can't blame ya there

blur2005
September 9th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Yeah, where was Armanti?

Jerbearasu
September 9th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah, where was Armanti?

Resting with a sore shoulder. Coach Moore said if it was a conference game he would have been playing but there was no need to risk it and they gave him some well deserved rest.

Casey_Orourke
September 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Can't blame ya there

Any positive attention is good attention.

BTW

Duck, Congratulations to your Ducks xbowx for the A@@ Whippingxasswhipx you guys put on Michigan.

The folks on UMGoBlue have all but conceded the season. I hate it when I see grown men cryxbawlingx

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
As far as ESPN is concerned, App is the story. They figure the audience wants to hear more about them, so they'd have coverage of them even if this was their off week. This is why I think it's important for App to go undefeated and return to the title game. It's the only thing that might make the sports media take more notice of the true national championship. No pressure, Mountaineers. :D

BigApp
September 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM
note: I would say this about any FCS team in the same situation

Guys, better get used to this. We have to remember, ESPN carries the playoff & Championship games. ESPN has essentially begun marketing this set of games to potential advertisers.

ESPN and FCS needs Appalachian in the championship game this year. It's a story they can ride and hype from 9/1 through 12/15.

FCS needs this.

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
note: I would say this about any FCS team in the same situation

Guys, better get used to this. We have to remember, ESPN carries the playoff & Championship games. ESPN has essentially begun marketing this set of games to potential advertisers.

ESPN and FCS needs Appalachian in the championship game this year. It's a story they can ride and hype from 9/1 through 12/15.

FCS needs this.

I actually think FCS needs App State NOT to be in the championship game - just to show that App State can dominate Michigan doesn't mean they can dominate the league, I think the league gets more respect if App State isn't in the title game.

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Any positive attention is good attention.

BTW

Duck, Congratulations to your Ducks xbowx for the A@@ Whippingxasswhipx you guys put on Michigan.

The folks on UMGoBlue have all but conceded the season. I hate it when I see grown men cryxbawlingx

Thanks Casey!

Michigan fans were a sight to see yesterday, they really do believe it is the end of the world. xrolleyesx

Saint3333
September 9th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I actually think FCS needs App State NOT to be in the championship game - just to show that App State can dominate Michigan doesn't mean they can dominate the league, I think the league gets more respect if App State isn't in the title game.

I believe the ratings will be better and the advertising from ESPN will be better if ASU makes the finals, it's just a good story and people enjoyed watching the offense that ASU runs.

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I believe the ratings will be better and the advertising from ESPN will be better if ASU makes the finals, it's just a good story and people enjoyed watching the offense that ASU runs.

You might be right, but I think in terms of credibility it will be better for the league in the perspective of outsiders if someone else wins the title.

kardplayer
September 9th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I would think App State playing in an exciting, close championship game after winning a tight exciting game in the semis (assuming that's still on ESPN) is the best case scenario.

App State games will be the highest rated FCS TV games without a doubt. Having the games competitive so people who "sample" FCS to see App State stay for the great football is key. If the Mountaineers run over everyone, people will get bored and forget about us...

appfan2008
September 9th, 2007, 01:35 PM
people always say even bad pub is better than no pub well...

good pub is great!

BigApp
September 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM

does the PGA get better ratings if Tiger Woods is NOT in the hunt on Sunday?
Does the World Series ratings improve if the Yankees aren't around?
Ever wonder why you've never seen a Kansas City vs Seattle Monday Night Football game?