PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St - Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
This will be the thread for everything Bearkat, Bison heading into the game...

Sam Houston State Bearkats @ North Dakota State Bison
Saturday, September 15, 2007 · FargoDome (Fargo, ND)

Audio
NDSU: http://www.kndsradio.com/
SHSU: http://www.live365.com/stations/ksam?site=ksam

Video:
Available through NDSU Athletics at http://www.gobison.com

Live Stats:
Will be made available at game time at http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=695&SPSID=11844

Releases
NDSU: Not available at post time
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

Team Web Site:
NDSU: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=695&SPSID=11850
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/

Team Fan Sites:
NDSU: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/index.php
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com/

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Bison are 1-0, SFA was the first game

1st ever meeting between the two schools.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM
The thread on KatFans.com for those Bison and FCS fans making their way over to our board to see what's going on this coming week...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5988

And of course, I'll be making a stop over at Bisonville this coming week for this highly anticipated game. Unsure if I will be able to follow the game live due to my fiancee needing help with a program (trying to get out of it -- ugh!).

Cap'n Cat
September 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Sorry, Gil Rootin' for the Kats tonight!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 10:07 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

A week from tonight Cap'N...but glad to see your rooting for the Kats! Always knew you had some orange in your heart...xnodx

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Kats are 0-3 when playing Div I opposition after opening up 2-0

2-4 overall when playing foes after winning first two games...

Sam Houston State
2-0 Starts While Division I Football

1991:
W, Montana St
W, Texas Southern
Game Three: W, Angelo St
Finish: 8-3-1, Division I First Round

1992:
W, Western Illinois
W, Angelo St
Game Three: L, Rice
Finish: 6-3-2

1994:
W, Jacksonville St
W, SE Missouri St
Game Three: W, Angelo St
Finish: 6-5

1998:
W, Angelo St
W, Chadron St
Game Three: L, A&M-Kingsville
Finish: 3-8

2000:
W, Louisiana Lafayette
W, SE Oklahoma State
Game Three: L, Western Illinois
Finish: 7-4

2001:
W, Louisiana - Monroe
W, Tarleton State
Game Three: L, Northern Illinois
Finish: 10-3, Div I quarterfinals

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Recaps from this past week's games...

SFA:
http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090807aaa.html

SHSU:
http://www.gobearkats.com/football/arkansas.html

NDSU:
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1210379

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2007, 07:39 AM
SHSU By the Numbers

National - Team (Top 25)
1 - Net Punting - 53.5 ypp
9 - Scoring Defense - 11.5 ppg
T11 - Sacked Allowed - .5 per game
16 - Passing Efficiency - 163.2
18 - Total Offense - 445.5 ypg
22 - Punt Returns - 14.75 ypr

Conference - Team (Top 2)
1 - Passing Offense - 243.5 ypg
1 - Scoring Defense - 11.5 ppg
1 - Net Punting - 53.5 ypp
1 - Kickoff Returns - 24 ypr
1 - Sacks Allowed .5 per game
2 - Rushing Defense - 136 ypg
2 - Punt Returns - 14.75 ypr
2 - Passing Efficiency - 163.20
2 - Tackles For Loss - 7.00
2 - Sacks - 2.00

National - Individual (Top 25)
11 - Rhett Bomar - Passing Efficiency - 165.85
T-15 - Byran Richmond - Tackles - 11.5 tpg
T-18 - Nolen Bucek - Tackles - 11.0 tpg
T-20 - Taylor Wilkins - Field Goals - 1.5 fgpg
24 - Rhett Bomar - Total Offense - 253.5

Conference - Individual (Top 2)
1 - Rhett Bomar - Passing Efficiency - 165.85
1 - Byran Richmond - Tackles - 11.5 tpg
2- Nolen Bucek - Tackles - 11.0 tpg
2- Taylor Wilkins - Field Goals - 1.5 fgpg

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Big thing is that after next Saturday we'll have some clue as to whether or not the expectations of Sam Houston State fans might be realized. This is the first "oil check" game for the BearKats (credit to Zem for the metaphor). Of course, getting beaten by North Dakota State or even getting crushed by the Bison wouldn't mean all is lost because the Bison are probably very good. But playing close or even winning would be, as they say, a big "statement."

NDSUFREAK
September 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
If the BISON played anyway like they did last night, SHSU will roll. But instead that was the first game of the season and we have gotten the kinks out so instead we will "Roehl" over you. :D

nevadagriz
September 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
This is a game i'm really interested in. Lots of respect for the bearkats, also very impressed with the way the bison have stormed the FCS. Any TV for this game?

off topic will NDSU be playing UND this year?

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Once you get past the turnovers and penalties, the Bison had a decent game. Won't be able to get past Sam Houston with all those mistakes.

5 Turnovers vs 0 for SFA
12 penalties vs 7 for SFA

571 Yards of total offense vs 325 by SFA
28 first downs vs 13 for SFA

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2007, 11:44 AM
This is a game i'm really interested in. Lots of respect for the bearkats, also very impressed with the way the bison have stormed the FCS. Any TV for this game?

off topic will NDSU be playing UND this year?

No UND game this year, NDSU offered a 4 year home and home after they left DII, but UND said no, it would hurt their playoff chances. I think NDSU wants to stay away from DII games for now, and will probably play UND once they are a counter in FCS.

The game will be televised in North Dakota on NBC.

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Kiss of death for the Kats ;)

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'll be at this game. Agree that the Bison will need to correct some of the mistakes from the first game. Anyone interested you can read a write up of the game here
http://bisonsports.net/bsnblog//index.php/all
or view some photo's here (disclaimer: I'm no pro behind the camera)
http://bisonsports.net/PhotoGallery//
Also will have live chat during the game here
http://www.bisonsports.net/mychat/phpMyChat.php3

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Honors...

Byran Richmond, SLC Def POTW

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/playerofweek.html

Tyler Roehl, CSN Player of the Week

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1211581

Go Bison
September 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the coaches picked SFA 2nd in the Southland conference ahead of Sam Houston State. Since that time has SFA gotten worse or is SHSU that much better than people first thought? Either way I look forward to a great game.

Bearkatpresident
September 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
SFA lost to a D2, then played ya'll holding thier own against you. (even though it was game one for you guys). We've shaken all the rest on both side of the ball so we'll be ready for you guys. The Coaches poll went off of last year's results which were a down year for SLC. The SID poll had SHSU on top.

I think part of our optimisim is that we've seen the scrimmages and KNOW that the Kats are far more capable than what you saw during the first 2 games. Both Bomar and Hicks are capable of making bigger plays than what's been demonstrated. The Bearkat Nation is just waiting for beast to be unleashed.

For us, everything will depend on how the KAT D does. If they are 110% 100% of the time, we'll hold our own.

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2007, 08:15 PM
SFA lost to a D2, then played ya'll holding thier own against you. (even though it was game one for you guys). We've shaken all the rest on both side of the ball so we'll be ready for you guys. The Coaches poll went off of last year's results which were a down year for SLC. The SID poll had SHSU on top.

I think part of our optimisim is that we've seen the scrimmages and KNOW that the Kats are far more capable than what you saw during the first 2 games. Both Bomar and Hicks are capable of making bigger plays than what's been demonstrated. The Bearkat Nation is just waiting for beast to be unleashed.

For us, everything will depend on how the KAT D does. If they are 110% 100% of the time, we'll hold our own.

Ok. I'll say it. I'd be thrilled to be wrong because it'd be good for the SLC if you win. But I think Sam Houston's going to get thrashed pretty badly this weekend.

SFA lost to a D-II? So did 2006 playoff team Montana State. So did 2003 I-AA seminfinalist Florida Atlantic as well as 2003 playoff team Montana. Good I-AAs lose to good D-IIs all the time.

The team SFA lost to, Tarleton State, is a top 25 D-II. In addition to beating SFA, it beat the two other D-IIs it played by scores of 44-7 and 41-17. The team it beat by 44-7 (East Central) beat Angelo State 48-31.

Remember Angelo State? That's the winless D-II team that Sam Houston "creamed" by a score of 17-13.

SFA played a good D-II team. Very possibly a playoff caliber D-II team. Sam Houston has played two bad ones.

This isn't going to be a scrimmage. North Dakota State doesn't care that Bomar came from Oklahoma. If your boys are going to unleash a beast, they'd better do it pretty quickly. North Dakota State isn't Angelo State.

patssle
September 10th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Remember Angelo State? That's the winless D-II team that Sam Houston "creamed" by a score of 17-13.

Since your so knowledgeable about the Bearkats...why don't you give us a rundown on that game to why we only scored 17 points.

Go Bison
September 10th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. xthumbsupx
I watched some of the SHSU vs Angelo State game on the web. I believe NDSU is far more capable than its first game as well. We could be in for a great battle.

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. xthumbsupx
I watched some of the SHSU vs Angelo State game on the web. I believe NDSU is far more capable than its first game as well. We could be in for a great battle.

Sandbagger.

X-Factor
September 10th, 2007, 08:37 PM
The mismatch I see in this game is NDSU's O-line vs. SHSU D-Line and linebackers. SHSU gave up a 100 yard rusher to Angelo State and a 100 yard rusher to Ark. Monticello. Not so impressive. I would imagine a lot of our run plays will be designed to run right at Chris Brown to nullify his presence. We shall see if their other D-liners can step up to make this a game. You never know though. Bomar might really show up under pressure.

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Since your so knowledgeable about the Bearkats...why don't you give us a rundown on that game to why we only scored 17 points.

Well, you've obviously got some reason for thinking it's "understandable" so why don't you do it?

Bottom line is that Sam Houston hasn't played anybody yet. It's played two D-II teams that appear to be bad D-II teams. In comparing who they've played to who SFA has played, it looks pretty obvious that SFA played two teams that are WAY better than the two teams Sam Houston has played. Tarleton State is WAY better than Angelo State or Arkansas Monticello and North Dakota State is...well...

And North Dakota State is way, WAY better than Angelo State. I'm pretty confident of that.

No_Skill
September 10th, 2007, 09:19 PM
This game has me a little worried. I saw two positives from the SFA game.

1. Our running game is going to be very good.

2. We had more points than SFA at the horn.

Playing the way we played that night, we were very lucky to come away with the win. 5 turnovers (at least 2 more that were called down) and 12 penelties.

I'm hoping that it was just first game jitters, cause if we play like that this week...chaulk up a big fat L.

McNeese75
September 10th, 2007, 09:32 PM

I know, Bomar got a cramp xlolx

BTW. I am afraid I agree with John on this one (although I certainly hope the SLC Brethern Kats prove me wrong). I think the Bison have too much firepower and I think RB is going to be on the run with Mr. Mayes hot on his heels.

Dallas Demon
September 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I know, Bomar got a cramp xlolx

That one, sir, just got you a beer the next time you come to Natchitoches. xrotatehx

The big question is can Bomar throw while lying on his back?

ncbears
September 10th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Gotta go with the Bison

McNeese75
September 10th, 2007, 10:47 PM
That one, sir, just got you a beer the next time you come to Natchitoches. xrotatehx

:D Sounds good to me, but I will buy this year!xnodx

katstrapper
September 11th, 2007, 12:31 AM
:D Sounds good to me, but I will buy this year!xnodx

Come on guys, if you havent seen the guy play live you will be in for a real treat. Everyone can make their comments about the DII's, the transfers on our roster, blah blah blah blah. The bottom line is we are currently sitting 2-0 with a big game this weekend. Can Bomar carry this team? Abosolutely not. Does he have the weapons around him to do some damage? Absolutely yes. We started opening the playbook a little more in the second half last week. Any of you that are real college football fans know that the coaching staff doesnt normally put in all the packages early in the season.

Game 1: we ran the ball 42 times in that game. Hardly the passing attack we are accustomed to.

Game 2: Much more balanced attack with a few more passes downfield. Blake Martin our pre-season All American Tight End hasnt had many balls thrown his way at all. I personally think that is by design.

Game 3: Look for the OC to open the playbook this week. I think you will see us take many shots down the field. I am looking for a very good game this weekend. It could come down to who has the ball last.

X-Factor
September 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM

The word out of camp is that he can throw 80 yard TDs on his back xsmiley_wix

BISON Thunder
September 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM
This game has me a little worried. I saw two positives from the SFA game.

1. Our running game is going to be very good.

2. We had more points than SFA at the horn.

Playing the way we played that night, we were very lucky to come away with the win. 5 turnovers (at least 2 more that were called down) and 12 penelties.

I'm hoping that it was just first game jitters, cause if we play like that this week...chaulk up a big fat L.

I agree. This is a huge game for NDSU. If we lose this one, it could be a very long season. As much as I try, I am not convinced a team (Bison) can make as much improvement as necessary (defense especially) in one week to win this one. I hope I am proven wrong.

Dallas Demon
September 11th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I agree. This is a huge game for NDSU. If we lose this one, it could be a very long season. As much as I try, I am not convinced a team (Bison) can make as much improvement as necessary (defense especially) in one week to win this one. I hope I am proven wrong.

What has Sam done to be so scary this year? NDSU RARELY loses at home. Maybe I missed the email... xconfusedx

ncbears
September 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM
What has Sam done to be so scary this year? NDSU RARELY loses at home. Maybe I missed the email... xconfusedx

I agree. NDSU is tough at home and Bomar is going to have a hard time with the Bison defense. I can actually see this as a blow-out in favor of the Bison.

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Seems that there'll be a fair share of SHSU coverage this coming Wednesday on the FCS radio show done by SME Broadcasting...

Todd Whitten is a scheduled guest on the radio show...

The SHSU call of the Rhett Bomar rushing touchdown, is up for and is running away as FCS Play of the Week...

And last, but not least, the SHSU game versus North Dakota State is in the running for FCS Game of the Week...and currently is in the lead rather comfortably...

You can call in during the show which is from 4 - 6 PM Central time by dialing 1-877-SME-NET1 or you can e-mail the show host at [email protected].

SME is really emerging as an interesting and solid provider of FCS information as far as broadcasting media goes. It does not provide in the in-depth articles that Sports Network or College Sporting News provide, but it does fill a niche that needed to be filled.

Link to listen to the show...

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/index.html

katstrapper
September 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM

nothing yet because the playcalling has been VERY conservative to this point. I think the fear of the unknown could be a little scary, but who am i to say. I am not sitting here and saying we have set the world on fire thus far because we havent, BUT I saw a glimpse of what we can truly be in the second half of last weeks game. Again I say, look for the playbook to be wide open this weekend. This is going to be a fun game.xnodx

McNeese75
September 11th, 2007, 08:44 PM
nothing yet because the playcalling has been VERY conservative to this point. I think the fear of the unknown could be a little scary, but who am i to say. I am not sitting here and saying we have set the world on fire thus far because we havent, BUT I saw a glimpse of what we can truly be in the second half of last weeks game. Again I say, look for the playbook to be wide open this weekend. This is going to be a fun game.xnodx

TW can open that playbook as wide as he wants but if those WR's don't quit dropping those bullets RB is throwing, it is not going to matter. (no smack, just repeating some of the sentiment on katfans)

Good luck!!

FargoBison
September 11th, 2007, 08:58 PM

What??? Our defense was fine. The offense had 5 turnovers and that is always tough on a defense. If our defense would have played poorly things would have been a lot worse.

X-Factor
September 11th, 2007, 09:36 PM

I'm not sure what game you watched. The defense was great, and completely dominating in the 2nd half. If it wasn't for the turnovers, SFA would have had 7 points. SHSU is going to be a big underdog in this one. Not saying they have no chance of keeping it close or pulling off the upset, but that is exactly what it would be, a big upset. The only improvements needed for a roll this weekend is limit the turnovers and penalties xeekx And I don't see Steve Walker throwing 4 INT's again xeekx

And when our offense puts up nearly 600 yards with only the very basic play calling (runs right up the middle, short passes to the outside), it should be doing all right by the time we open up the play book past the first page.

patssle
September 11th, 2007, 09:44 PM
SHSU was the big underdog in 2004 when we beat #1 ranked Montana.

This game will speak for itself...all this talk means nothing! We Bearkats have seen practices and scrimmages while everybody else has seen stat sheets or the 5 plays we ran vs Angelo on Southland TV.

McNeese75
September 11th, 2007, 10:36 PM

This game will speak for itself...all this talk means nothing! We Bearkats have seen practices and scrimmages while everybody else has seen stat sheets or the 5 plays we ran vs Angelo on Southland TV.

That game was played at your house in 100 degree weather xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I would also say that NDSU coming to Missoula and winning here was probably a bigger upset than that SHSU game if we're throwing that in as criteria.

Dallas Demon
September 11th, 2007, 11:11 PM

The "5 plays or so" against Division II Angelo St. should have gotten the Bearkats beaten as only luck prevented a loss. Besides the TE, Bomar doesn't have anybody to throw to. More importantly, he doesn't have the Oklahoma offensive line protecting him. NDSU is very well coached, is extremely diciplined, and doesn't lose at home. NDSU will win big and going away. Sam Houston will be exposed and is currently way-overrated IMO. But what do I know, I've only reviewed stat sheets and watched Web TV.;)

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I'm not as comfortable with our defense as I was last year but I fully suspect that some of the things that we saw with our defense last week were addressed this week in practices. I think we will see a Bison win and a Bison defense that will be out to prove to the fans that last week was a fluke. I also don't see 5 turnovers against the Bison. I see SHSU getting it's first loss and going home wondering what happened.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2007, 06:33 AM
A poll was just put up on this game yesterday over on BSN if your interested or want to vote.
http://bisonsports.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6959#6959

BISON Thunder
September 12th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure what game you watched. The defense was great, and completely dominating in the 2nd half. If it wasn't for the turnovers, SFA would have had 7 points. SHSU is going to be a big underdog in this one. Not saying they have no chance of keeping it close or pulling off the upset, but that is exactly what it would be, a big upset. The only improvements needed for a roll this weekend is limit the turnovers and penalties xeekx And I don't see Steve Walker throwing 4 INT's again xeekx

And when our offense puts up nearly 600 yards with only the very basic play calling (runs right up the middle, short passes to the outside), it should be doing all right by the time we open up the play book past the first page.

Was at the same game as you. Remember...

1. Roehl fumbled (and SFA recovered) two fumbles which the referees graciously...well, you know.
2. SFA running backs dropped two easy third down flare passes when the backs were wide open and would have led to big gains (and already were in scoring territory).
3. Two passes by SFA's QB long and down the middle of the field were overthrown to wide open SFA receivers.
4. I am assuming SHSU teaches its defensive players to tackle by wrapping the legs...the SFA players must have been ill the day(s) this was practiced.
5. QB pressure was rare. And when we got there, the QB was usually able to elude (SFA's QB was very good, imo).

Again, I hope I am dead wrong. But if Bomar is as good as hyped, he could have a field day on Saturday.

Bison77
September 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Was at the same game as you. Remember...

1. Roehl fumbled (and SFA recovered) two fumbles which the referees graciously...well, you know.
2. SFA running backs dropped two easy third down flare passes when the backs were wide open and would have led to big gains (and already were in scoring territory).
3. Two passes by SFA's QB long and down the middle of the field were overthrown to wide open SFA receivers.
4. I am assuming SHSU teaches its defensive players to tackle by wrapping the legs...the SFA players must have been ill the day(s) this was practiced.
5. QB pressure was rare. And when we got there, the QB was usually able to elude (SFA's QB was very good, imo).

Again, I hope I am dead wrong. But if Bomar is as good as hyped, he could have a field day on Saturday.

It's a good thing your a fan and not a coach because you don't know swat about football. xthumbsupx

BISON Thunder
September 12th, 2007, 07:50 AM
It's a good thing your a fan and not a coach because you don't know swat about football. xthumbsupx

So what was inaccurate?

katstrapper
September 12th, 2007, 08:28 AM
The "5 plays or so" against Division II Angelo St. should have gotten the Bearkats beaten as only luck prevented a loss. Besides the TE, Bomar doesn't have anybody to throw to. More importantly, he doesn't have the Oklahoma offensive line protecting him. NDSU is very well coached, is extremely diciplined, and doesn't lose at home. NDSU will win big and going away. Sam Houston will be exposed and is currently way-overrated IMO. But what do I know, I've only reviewed stat sheets and watched Web TV.;)

That's just it, you dont know.

1. Bomar has more than just Martin to throw to. Yes the receivers are young, but very talented. They will only get better as the season moves forward. Every team has dropped balls early in the season. two of the top 3 receivers on the team are wideouts and then there is Martin.

2. The SHSU Offensive Line is one of the best lines in the conference. 4 of 5 starters return this year that has started EVERY game the last year, and 3 of those 4 have started every game the last two years. This OL only gave up 10 total sacks last year and didnt give up a sack against Univ. of Texas. or NW ST., plus paved the way for the SLC Off. Player of the Year, DD Terry, last year. So in a nutshell, the OL is VERY good.

3. Look for the playbook to be open all the way on both sides of the ball this Saturday. If we go to Fargo and get blown out, I will be VERY disappointed. I think this team will step up big time this weekend. As average as everyone says we have looked, it is hard to believe we are still averaging 445 yds total offense. I look for a very good game Saturday.xcoffeex

katstrapper
September 12th, 2007, 08:30 AM
That game was played at your house in 100 degree weather xrotatehx

And Montana ended up in the National Championship game. Cant take away what we accomplished that night.xnonox

JBB
September 12th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Bomar can use 8 or 9 receivers but look for Darnell Jones and Blake Martin to lead the way. Justin Wells and Chris Poullard will factor in heavily too. These guys are good receivers. Not many dropped balls. He has a lot of targets. They will keep the BISON secondary on its toes.

So far Bomar has a 56 and a 64 yarder for his long passes. He can stretch the field. Im not expecting any dinks and dunks from him.

X-Factor
September 12th, 2007, 10:38 AM
And Montana ended up in the National Championship game. Cant take away what we accomplished that night.xnonox

And what happened when you went back to THEIR HOUSE in the playoffs? xoopsx

This is OUR HOUSE!!

91% games won in the Fargodome xthumbsupx

McNeese75
September 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM

xconfusedx I will NEVER take away that win from SHSU. It was a great win and made all the SLC proud. My point was you had the home field that day (and you saw the difference it made on the other foot when you went to Missoula). The Kats are going into a very hostile environment which will work in favor of the Bison.

Again, Good Luck xthumbsupx

Bearkatpresident
September 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Hell, no wonder some of you guys don't think we can win if you've only seen the webcast.

You know what our playbook was against Angelo? Run left, run right, hand-off, short pass. And that was just about it. AND, we only ran it to ONE GUY. That was it. The D didn't have to work hard at all because they knew Chris P was going to get the ball.

Go Bison
September 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Hell, no wonder some of you guys don't think we can win if you've only seen the webcast.

You know what our playbook was against Angelo? Run left, run right, hand-off, short pass. And that was just about it. AND, we only ran it to ONE GUY. That was it. The D didn't have to work hard at all because they knew Chris P was going to get the ball.

You barely won the game against Angelo State. Why would you risk losing to a DII team so that later on you can open up the playbook later against a ranked FCS team??

Bearkatpresident
September 12th, 2007, 02:58 PM
And thus, you understand why alot of us were upset by the playcalling.

TheRiver
September 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Not opening your play book is a Texas SLC thing, don't know why but every SLC team in Texas, opens there play book late.

Dallas Demon
September 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
And thus, you understand why alot of us were upset by the playcalling.

and why would anyone think that SHSU will "open the playbook" against NDSU? They usually start "opening the playbook" during conference play, right? Sorry, but these only come across as just excuses trying to justify the near-loss to Division II Angelo St.

Dallas Demon
September 12th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Were they opening up the playbook on the practice field with the 1st stringers (viewable from the stands) simultaniously to the live game being shown on the webcast? I don't understand how being there in person would be different from seeing it on the webcast.

Bearkatpresident
September 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Because it's against an FCS teams and those wins count. Winning against a D2 team doesn't count for squat (as you need 7 D1 wins to qaulify) and so from where I'm standing the Bison are 1-0 and we're 0-0. Not to mention, this game IS against the #4 team in the country.

patssle
September 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
You know what our playbook was against Angelo? Run left, run right, hand-off, short pass.

Obviously people don't get it. Just give up...they know more about the Bearkats than we do.

katstrapper
September 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
and why would anyone think that SHSU will "open the playbook" against NDSU? They usually start "opening the playbook" during conference play, right? Sorry, but these only come across as just excuses trying to justify the near-loss to Division II Angelo St.

No excuse for a close game vs Angelo St. Coach Whitten even admitted it was his mistake for not going down the field more. Regardless, WHO CARES, we are 2-0, 15th ranked and headed into a big game. Looking forward to Saturday.

patssle
September 12th, 2007, 04:26 PM
No excuse for a close game vs Angelo St. Coach Whitten even admitted it was his mistake for not going down the field more. Regardless, WHO CARES, we are 2-0, 15th ranked and headed into a big game. Looking forward to Saturday.

AGREED. NDSU vs. SHSU LETS GO!

X-Factor
September 12th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Because it's against an FCS teams and those wins count. Winning against a D2 team doesn't count for squat (as you need 7 D1 wins to qaulify) and so from where I'm standing the Bison are 1-0 and we're 0-0. Not to mention, this game IS against the #4 team in the country.

So lets just play our scrubs against the DII's and maybe even lose so our starters wont get injured for the games that really matter xeyebrowx

time to cinch down the chinstraps, i hear there is a game in Fargo this weekend xwhistlex xwhistlex

All you SHSU fans talk about is not opening up the playbook for your laugher DII games. Guess what, all teams do that. NDSU basically did nothing but runs right up the middle and short slant routes the whole game against SFA. When you schedule bad DII's your just expected to smoke them no matter what play is being called.

JBB
September 12th, 2007, 08:51 PM
They have a lot ot transfers. To name a few:

Rhett Bomar (Oklahoma) at quarterback,
Chris Brown (Texas) at defensive end
Trey Payne (Baylor) Wide receiver
Chris Lucas (Troy) at wide receiver.

In all, 6 four year college transfers and 11 jr college transfers have been added to the Bearkat lineup in 2007.

The more I look the better this game looks. I have NDSU by a couple TDs. Hanging my hat on our running game and keeping RB on the bench.

Time of possession could be significant. It could force RB to throw more and longer. He is going to throw five or ten more passes than Walker anyway, but Walker doesnt have to throw that much. If we can do as well as either of the D2 clubs in containing him I give the edge to Walker.

Third down conversions. NDSU is a top team in the country converting third downs and they are stingy giving them up to opponents.

Turnovers. NDSU has to do a lot better than last week.

State wide televison? Is anybody clear on this.

Rumored on Bisonsports.net that 18,000 are expected.

Right now the poll over there has 14 predicting an NDSU Victory and 1 for SHSU.

Could be one of the best games in Fargo well, since SDSU. Seems like they are all good these days.

patssle
September 12th, 2007, 08:57 PM
It could force RB to throw more and longer

You sure you want that? ;) On the 3 or so long passes we've seen from Bomar in game play...there was almost no possible defense against them...such perfect throws.

we can do as well as either of the D2 clubs in containing him

Nobody contained him whatsoever. In fact his 2 TD runs alone SCHOOLED the defenses.

Dallas Demon
September 12th, 2007, 09:12 PM
You sure you want that? ;) On the 3 or so long passes we've seen from Bomar in game play...there was almost no possible defense against them...such perfect throws.

Nobody contained him whatsoever. In fact his 2 TD runs alone SCHOOLED the defenses.

Bomar for president in 2008? If only he hadn't screwed up in Oklahoma... xrulesx

JBB
September 12th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I think Steve Walker can deliver as much as RB. They look similar. Walker had 196 yds and a TD last week. RB has an advantage running. Walker makes it up as a play maker. He converts third downs as well as anyone.

If Walker can keep us even or close at QB we will make up the difference and more on the ground.

I actually think this will look a lot like the SFA game. It might be closer because RB is a better QB than Danny Southall, but Shouthall runs well too. On the other hand if NDSU plays a better game this week, and I think every BISON fan, coach and player thinks they will, the points SHSU gets to keep it fairly close will be earned. SFA was kept in the game because of BISON mistakes.

I Gave the game an over/under of 49. That was yesterday. Tonight 56 is looking better, but ill stick to my score 35-14 BISON.

SHSU is averaging about 32 pts so this would be big step forward for the BISON defense.

katstrapper
September 12th, 2007, 09:55 PM
So lets just play our scrubs against the DII's and maybe even lose so our starters wont get injured for the games that really matter xeyebrowx

time to cinch down the chinstraps, i hear there is a game in Fargo this weekend xwhistlex xwhistlex

All you SHSU fans talk about is not opening up the playbook for your laugher DII games. Guess what, all teams do that. NDSU basically did nothing but runs right up the middle and short slant routes the whole game against SFA. When you schedule bad DII's your just expected to smoke them no matter what play is being called.

The reason we had two DII's is because Missouri St. backed out of a final game for this year and we had no place else to turn so we had to pick up a game.

We also have 5 kids from the National Junior College Champion Blinn College.

McNeese75
September 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
The reason we had two DII's is because Missouri St. backed out of a final game for this year and we had no place else to turn so we had to pick up a game.

We also have 5 kids from the National Junior College Champion Blinn College.

Tranfer U and your proud of it xcoolx

Someday the Texas SLC schools will learn to build a program from the ground up instead of trying to pick up every transfer you can get your hands on every year (irregardless of how that affects the talented true recruits you get out of HS). xcoffeex

AmsterBison
September 13th, 2007, 06:10 AM
I don't see this one being a defensive struggle. NDSU looked pretty vulnerable to a mobile QB and anything thrown downfield could have gone for six - and that was before a starting CB got dinged up. I'm hopeful that NDSU can move the ball to compensate.

Anyway, NDSU is a ball-control team and they can't win if they can't hold onto the ball. I expect the turnover stats to improve this week but they have to improve a lot. The other thing a ball control team needs is good field position. Like I said, I'm not sure how much punting we'll be seeing on Saturday, but if it comes down to that, SHSU's punter is averaging 50+ per boot and NDSU didn't do so hot on returns last week. On paper, it would seem that SHSU has some matchups they can exploit on defense and special teams. If they can stuff the run, it could be a long day for my Bison.

Another thing that works in favor of Sam Houston is that NDSU rarely comes out firing on all cylinders on offense, home or away. For example, NDSU played 10 DI teams last year and only had the lead three times at the end of the first quarter and only five times at half-time.

Enough sandbagging. I think my guys have a good shot at winning as long as they don't fumble too much; and I'll believe that SHSU can stop Roehl when I see it. Maybe they'll put eight, nine guys in the box but Roehl is so fast hitting the hole that doing that could really backfire. Plus Walker is a lot better QB than four interceptions last week might lead folks to believe. It should be a good game... in fact, it might turn out to be a great game.

BISON Thunder
September 13th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I don't see this one being a defensive struggle. NDSU looked pretty vulnerable to a mobile QB and anything thrown downfield could have gone for six - and that was before a starting CB got dinged up. I'm hopeful that NDSU can move the ball to compensate.

Anyway, NDSU is a ball-control team and they can't win if they can't hold onto the ball. I expect the turnover stats to improve this week but they have to improve a lot. The other thing a ball control team needs is good field position. Like I said, I'm not sure how much punting we'll be seeing on Saturday, but if it comes down to that, SHSU's punter is averaging 50+ per boot and NDSU didn't do so hot on returns last week. On paper, it would seem that SHSU has some matchups they can exploit on defense and special teams. If they can stuff the run, it could be a long day for my Bison.

Another thing that works in favor of Sam Houston is that NDSU rarely comes out firing on all cylinders on offense, home or away. For example, NDSU played 10 DI teams last year and only had the lead three times at the end of the first quarter and only five times at half-time.

Enough sandbagging. I think my guys have a good shot at winning as long as they don't fumble too much; and I'll believe that SHSU can stop Roehl when I see it. Maybe they'll put eight, nine guys in the box but Roehl is so fast hitting the hole that doing that could really backfire. Plus Walker is a lot better QB than four interceptions last week might lead folks to believe. It should be a good game... in fact, it might turn out to be a great game.

Good post Amsterdam. I hope our offense can keep their offense off the field long enough to win this one.

Bison77
September 13th, 2007, 07:37 AM
So what was inaccurate?

Sorry to come across as a butt head but I could list ton of things like you did only from the other prespective. One being the only way SFA stopped us was that we stopped ourshelves. It could have easily been a 45 - 7 game without the turnovers. We do need to tighten up and stop the stupid mistakes. xsmiley_wix

FargoBison
September 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
NDSU also gets Ramon Humber back against SHSU and if don't think that will give the NDSU defense a boost your crazy.

X-Factor
September 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Humber is FAST. He alone will change the complexion of the defense in regards to a mobile QB.

yeah, Bomar is totally schooling the un-athletic DII defense's with his running xrolleyesx 13 carries, 46 yards in two games with a long of 12....wow just lighting it up xwhistlex

Dallas Demon
September 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM
yeah, Bomar is totally schooling the un-athletic DII defense's with his running xrolleyesx 13 carries, 46 yards in two games with a long of 12....wow just lighting it up xwhistlex

Wait just a minute. Apparently you can't just look at the stats, you really needed to have been there in person. For each of those 13 carries, 46 yards (a long of 12), Bomar took the snap, ran to the sidelines, high-fived all of the special kids, called his mom on his cell phone, kissed his girlfriend, donated to a charity, kissed his girlfriend again, bowled over 3-4 defensive guys, then took a knee. Geez, give credit where credit is due. xbowx

Bearkatpresident
September 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Humber is FAST. He alone will change the complexion of the defense in regards to a mobile QB.

Ok, I'll bite. I'll pull Bomar's sprinting speed and you can pull Humber's. [well, that's if I can find it again...I'll post it if I can find it]

You also have to remember, our O-Line returns nearly all of our starters. These guys have meshed very well and will give Bomar plenty of time to connect. Besides, it's not like he's running with the ball every time.

FargoBison
September 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Ok, I'll bite. I'll pull Bomar's sprinting speed and you can pull Humber's. [well, that's if I can find it again...I'll post it if I can find it]

I think Humber's forty time is about 4.4, the guy is fast and is a big key in the success of our Tampa 2 defense.

JBB
September 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by patssle
Nobody contained him whatsoever. In fact his 2 TD runs alone SCHOOLED the defenses

Thats what I was saying. I think the NDSU defense can do at least as well as 2 D2 defenses that didnt contain him. But, I went on to say that he can have whatever those D2s gave him and I still think it wont be enough for SHSU.

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
From the Forum...

Bomar sports double-threat ability
Jeff Kolpack, The Forum
Published Thursday, September 13, 2007

The circus surrounding the Rhett Bomar episode at the University of Oklahoma has packed up and gone away. The heralded quarterback is at Sam Houston State these days enjoying a life of peace and football.

He’ll be at the Fargodome Saturday night when No. 14-ranked Sam Houston plays No. 4-ranked North Dakota State in a 6 p.m. nonconference game. NDSU head coach Craig Bohl said his team has faced very few quarterbacks with Bomar’s ability.

He’s big at 6-foot-2 and 215 pounds. He’s quick enough to be considered a running threat – Sam Houston has the option game in its offense.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178055

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 04:48 PM
From the Forum...

Bomar sports double-threat ability
Jeff Kolpack, The Forum
Published Thursday, September 13, 2007

The circus surrounding the Rhett Bomar episode at the University of Oklahoma has packed up and gone away. The heralded quarterback is at Sam Houston State these days enjoying a life of peace and football.

He’ll be at the Fargodome Saturday night when No. 14-ranked Sam Houston plays No. 4-ranked North Dakota State in a 6 p.m. nonconference game. NDSU head coach Craig Bohl said his team has faced very few quarterbacks with Bomar’s ability.

He’s big at 6-foot-2 and 215 pounds. He’s quick enough to be considered a running threat – Sam Houston has the option game in its offense.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178055

‘He’s a tremendous quarterback and he didn’t transfer because he was not a good enough player at that level,” Bohl said.

Sorry about this but. No duhxrolleyesx

http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/toilet.gif

bisonguy
September 13th, 2007, 06:42 PM
With the amount of talk on this game this week from everywhere, I really want to go to this one instead. :) Plus I have never been to Fargo

Will You Be There? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJffzzm4es)

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Just want to let everyone know beforehand that my fiancee has put me in a situation (she's in a big jam with a work program -- no one is willing to help her out) which forces me into helping her...so I will not be providing my typical coverage of SHSU football for the game against NDSU...

I'll be missing a few more games -- more on this later...

patssle
September 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM
The transfer portion of this thing in my mind is gone. It’s not an issue anymore.”

Except when journalists keep bring it up thinking nobody has heard about it before. Gee, lets get a recap just in case we all missed it!!

Bomar was left scrambling at Oklahoma when a university investigation revealed he was paid for work he didn’t complete at an auto dealership. The NCAA penalized Bomar one year of eligibility and almost $7,500 in restitution, which went to a charity of Bomar’s choice.

Bearkatpresident
September 13th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I think Humber's forty time is about 4.4, the guy is fast and is a big key in the success of our Tampa 2 defense.

Ok, I'll give you this one. Humber is fast.

Bomar runs a low 4.5. Humber isn't that much faster than Bomar.

It's a nice matchup, that's for sure.

Dallas Demon
September 13th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Just want to let everyone know beforehand that my fiancee has put me in a situation (she's in a big jam with a work program -- no one is willing to help her out) which forces me into helping her...so I will not be providing my typical coverage of SHSU football for the game against NDSU...

I'll be missing a few more games -- more on this later...

What's more important - football or your fiancee? :) Hope your situation gets better.

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM
What's more important - football or your fiancee? :) Hope your situation gets better.

The situation is pretty good actually...

We no longer work together, I'm back in my original line of work which is actually going to mean missing a few football games, but I'm glad to be back doing what I love...

JohnStOnge
September 13th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I continue to think, based on how Sam Houton's done against the two opponents it's played while considering how good those opponents appear to be, that BearKat fans are in for a big reality check this weekend. We'll see. Heaven knows it'd be a plus for the Southland to get a win on the road at North Dakota State.

But I think Sam Houston's going to have to play a whole lot better than it's played in its first two games to come anywhere close to that.

katstrapper
September 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I continue to think, based on how Sam Houton's done against the two opponents it's played while considering how good those opponents appear to be, that BearKat fans are in for a big reality check this weekend. We'll see. Heaven knows it'd be a plus for the Southland to get a win on the road at North Dakota State.

But I think Sam Houston's going to have to play a whole lot better than it's played in its first two games to come anywhere close to that.

No s**t. We are very well aware what we are up against. We all know we havent set the world on fire. We realize this will be a very tough game. Championships arent won in September.xrolleyesx

Dallas Demon
September 13th, 2007, 10:46 PM

The thing about playing at NDSU is that unless you play your best for all 4 quarters you'll likely get beat. In our game in Fargo, we completely dominated the first half of the game but somehow only led by 10 points (I think). Two very unusual plays happened in the 3rd quarter along with a couple of turnovers and NDSU was on top. Sam had better come to play this game or it won't be pretty.xsmhx

AmsterBison
September 14th, 2007, 04:20 AM
The thing about playing at NDSU is that unless you play your best for all 4 quarters you'll likely get beat. In our game in Fargo, we completely dominated the first half of the game but somehow only led by 10 points (I think). Two very unusual plays happened in the 3rd quarter along with a couple of turnovers and NDSU was on top. Sam had better come to play this game or it won't be pretty.xsmhx

Yeah, I remember that game... Northwestern State did complete dominate the first half - I think NDSU kept the game in reach by reaching deep into the bag o' tricks (our QB caught a TD pass). That first half had some of wondering if NDSU was really ready for DI.

NDB
September 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM

That was a great game. It was the day I had my epiphany about the gap in quality between then DI-AA and DII.

I love playing teams from the Southland.

patssle
September 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Well I'm heading off to Fargo. Whatever happens there..I'm glad the Kats are finallly getting the chance to play a quality opponent. We'll find out this weekend what we are made of!

elkmcc
September 14th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Good luck Bearkats. After watching the SFA/NDSU game last week I think Sam might have a chance to pull the upset. SFA had no running game and the bison still had touble defending. A strong running attack will make Bomars day a lot easier, if SHSU has it. If I was an NDSU fan I would be very nervous.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Bearkat Keys to Winning

1) Limit dropped passes -- we've beaten this subject like a dead horse
2) Continue special teams efficiency -- punting has been great, Wilkins has been greatly improved over last year (only missed a 40+ yd FG) and return game has been good
3) Hold down the Bison running game -- Kats defense can not be on the field too long and I think the Bison have a running game (as we saw last week) that could give Kats problems. More time for our offense, the better!

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
From Coulson...

No. 16 Sam Houston State at No. 5 North Dakota State

For those of you wondering how quarterback Rhett Bomar will fair against a top-notch FCS defense, here is your first chance to see the heralded passer get a big test.

Sam Houston State hasn't exactly challenged itself yet with two mediocre Division II opponents, so the shift in intensity could be tough for the Bearkats on Saturday.

North Dakota State held off Stephen F. Austin in its opener last week and found a new rushing star in Tyler Roehl, who ran for 238 yards and three touchdowns.

The Bison have to hope that Steve Walker gets back on track, however. The senior quarterback threw four interceptions in his first game after throwing only four all last season.

The Fargo Dome gives the Bison a nice home advantage and that might be enough to push North Dakota State to the win.

North Dakota State 28, Sam Houston State 24

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm

Bearkatpresident
September 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'd add just one more thing to TT's keys to winning

4) Force turnovers - It's gonna be freaking close and I think everyone is expecting a shootout. SHSU must be able to force turnovers (fumble/interceptions) to break ahead.

JBB
September 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Drama is beginning to surround this game. Im sure its starting to be celebrated around the Fargo Moorhead area as BISON fans gather to contemplate tomorrows contest.

Tailgating has begun in Willmar, MN and the Game Day party light is on. Early true, but kickoff is late Saturday afternoon. Plenty of time to get things back together and get into game mode.

Coach Bohl is deep under the Fargo dome in the BISON LAIR. The archives are out and the study is on. Does he have the key(s) to victory?

Nobody knows where the BISON players are. They may be scattered in bunches across campus, across town? Nobody knows what they do to focus on the game. Tonight is crucial. lay back, dont stop thinking about tomorrow...It will soon be here. :)

Rhett Bomar is coming to town!! What kind of football team is he bringing along? Thats what the legions of BISON Fans are going to be packing the stands to see.

I hope to move the Lodges to Fargo with the sun. I wont be at the stadium, too bad, but I will be watching. This is a big game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Bison will roll these guys back to Texas before half.

NDSU - 41
SHS - 13

Retro
September 14th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Geez, 11 pages and the game hasn't even started yet.. Sounds like the Mcneese / ULL game..xlolx

Peems
September 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Will that video link work?

Hansel
September 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Will that video link work?

the NDSU all-access pass is quite reliable in terms of feed

I would order it, but I will be watching in person :)

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Southland.TV has now picked it up as well for anyone that has that package...

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1240305

JBB
September 15th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Game On!!!

NDSU is expecting a sell-out!!! Thats what greated readers in Fargo this morning when they picked up the morning paper.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Game Day articles out of Huntsville...

Bearkats looking to buck trend
http://www.itemonline.com/shsu/local_story_256003055.html

How tough are the Kats?
http://www.itemonline.com/shsu/local_story_258030404.html

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Game Day articles from Fargo...

NDSU Expects a Sell-Out
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178284

Offensive Line Had a Good Start
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178283

Three questions for NDSU safety Sam Boraas
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/178270

JBB
September 15th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Its a sold-out morning at the Fabulous Fargo Dome. It sunny and cool. The Thundering Herd will be arriving over the next several hours to Man Up for this game. Television and radio crews are setting up. There are trucks, buses and semis at the loading dock. The Fabulous Fargo Dome is bustling on Game Day!!

Deep in the BISON Lair Coach Bohl is pulling together all the lose ends. the final plan is setting up. Its going to be a great game!

The pressure is on the secondary. Key is limit the damage. Bomar is going to get some production.

Another key is stopping their run. It could start to roll if we cant get a handle on Bomars game.

Offensively Walker has to keep up.

The rushing game has to roll.

A blind man could say that, but there is only so much to this game. Lets look at a big intangable.

I like the NDSU athletes and their background. The Bearkats are a shop built team with no history. Not bad in and of itself but Ill take the background the NDSU BISON are Bringing.

They played tough at the Gophers. They beat Ball State, they taught themselves how to win in some of the toughest places in the country. This is no pre fab transfer unit. this is a tough woven together bonded football team at full power. They play for Coach Bohl and his staff!

Im liking the BISON.

NDSU 35 SHSU 14. If there was an over under I would take over.

Drblankstare
September 15th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I have some grave concerns about this game. I know last week was the first game of the year but, the defense looked exposed against the deep ball. Which, is bomars strong suit according to what ive heard. I wouldnt be suprised to see SHSU try to streach the field immediately in the first quarter. NDSU's DB cant let people behind them, or it might be a long day. As far as the turnovers go, Epidemic or isolated incident? Bison cant turn the ball over like that again and expect to win. Duh

NDSUFREAK
September 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I am guessing this will be a close game and a fun game to be apart of at the FFD tonight. Expect a very loud dome

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
The Huntsville Item, our local paper, is reporting that our offensive coordinator is going to miss today's game due to a death in the family. Not sure how much of an impact this is going to make.

BUT, we do get back two of our guys that were coming off an injury. Defensive lineman Mikolajchak (6'5 302lbs) and lineman Frank Simon.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
BUT, we do get back two of our guys that were coming off an injury. Defensive lineman Mikolajchak (6'5 302lbs) and lineman Frank Simon.

Getting Mikoljachak will be huge...Kats need that big presence along the OL. This will help Chris Brown move around more and cause some more trouble for the Bison...stopping the run, very important key in this game...

DaGriz
September 15th, 2007, 02:43 PM
No scores yet? Has this game started?

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 02:46 PM
The game won't start until 6:00 Central time

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Alright guys,

The Terror is heading out and will be missing this game (and I will not mention how lucky my fiancee is for this as this breaks my golden rule regarding her not to expect me to do things on Bearkat football gamedays -- and all major basketball gamedays). Of course, with my new profession, I'll have to miss a few more games than I'd like to, but glad to be doing what I am doing -- so no complaints.

I wish all best luck tonight, hope there are no injuries and most of all, that it will be another great day to be a Bearkat when all is said and done!

Go get'em Kats!

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Sam Houston FG, lead 3-0

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM
KNDS Link (http://www.kndsradio.com/)

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Bison moving downfield, inside the 30

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Bison 1st down at the 10

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2007, 06:27 PM
4th and goal, Walker limps off the field.

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
FG NDSU Tie score 3-3

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:35 PM
1st Down Bearkats - Martin catches the long ball

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
personal foul. sam houston at NDSU 23

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Flag Down - Personal Foul - Late hit - 1st Down

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Pretty weak call...let em play

Bomer got lit up on that last play

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Sam Houston call's a timeout

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:41 PM
WhAT!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:41 PM
False Start on SHSU after a Bison linebacker goes off-sides.

FG SAM HOUSTON STATE 6-3 Kats

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM
False Start on SHSU after a Bison linebacker goes off-sides.

FG SAM HOUSTON STATE 6-3 Kats

That was a B.S. motion penalty call.

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:45 PM
1st Down Bison - On the 48 after a playfake

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM
What a punt! Down to the 2

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Horrible horrible feild postion.....Kats with 99 yards to go

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM
End of 1Q, Kats up by three, zero touchdown's by ethier side...all FG's

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Kats are going to need a BIG PLAY to score on this run. That was a fantastic punt by the Bison.

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Bomar's pass is deflected, Bearkats are gonna half to punt from thier own endzone

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 06:54 PM
nice return by NDSU. Time for D to step up!!!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Bison on the 35

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
What a catch!!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:01 PM
TD Bison

That was one hell of a catch.

At least the Kats will be able to get a good feild positon now

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Yea...definetely better than the 2 yard line

TheCatamount
September 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Score and time left?

Thanks

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Kats on the 46 after carries by Bomar and Snead

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:05 PM
10-6 Bison

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Bearkats punt. Bison on thier own 13

8:22 left in the first half

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I think the threat of the Bison rushing attack is really opening up the passing game right now for the Bison.

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
THAT WAS A B.S. INTERFERENCE CALL. THE DB WAS LOOKING BACK AT THE BALL.

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Titus Brothers is just not pulling his weight. He may not be a starter for us for very much longer

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
NOW THAT CALL WAS A GOOD CALL, BUT DIDNT MATTER.

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Bison all about the 15 yd personal foul calls.

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Personal foul on the Bison, 15 yard penalty

17-6 Bison

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I thought the ball changed direction on that punt....if nothing it was a nice job acting. Heck of a punt though for Drago

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I thought the ball changed direction on that punt....if nothing it was a nice job acting. Heck of a punt though for Drago

I think in college ball that was considered a muff, in other words he didnt possess the ball at all.

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 07:29 PM
personal fouls are killing us

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 07:30 PM
defense can still recover a muffed punt though can't it?

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Nice drive for SHSU

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Wells for a touchdown

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Off-sides the Defense, half the distance to the goal

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Bomar runs in for a 2-point conversion

14-17 With 30 seconds last in the first half

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Big 12 play, 80 yd drive by the Bearkats. The second half is going to be a good one.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the great commentary! Glad the game is as close as it is -- EAT'EM UP KATS!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Half-time

Bearkats complete an 80 yard drive and a 2 point conversion to cut the Bison Lead down to 3

The Bearkats MUST
1) Stop the pass, our secondary is just NOT pulling the weight it should be. I'll bet my orange wig that Titus Brothers is getting an ear full

fmrbearkat
September 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
He should be pulled now, he hasn't done anything but get burned since at all this year! Im very impressed with both teams. I played in 01 and 04 when we had really good teams and so far i have been skeptical about getting to excited about our team this year but if we can go in to the Fargo Dome and play like this we will be ok. Looks like Missoula in '03, hell of a place to play! GO KATS!!!!!!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
For those of you who might not be familar with the orgins of the Bearkat Mascot, the orginal mascot of Sam Houston State was the Normals back when we were Sam Houston Normal Institute. (Like...100years ago)

When we became Sam Houston Teacher's College, we couldn't be the Normal's anymore. At the time there was an expression "Tough as a Bearkat!" This was choosen as the new mascot.

Keep this in mind. The Bearkats are NOT going to go down quietly into the night.

catbob
September 15th, 2007, 07:51 PM
This is my first time seeing Bomar in action, and I am very impressed. He has a very accurate arm, makes quick decisions, and isn't afraid to run. He looks like a leader out there.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
This is my first time seeing Bomar in action, and I am very impressed. He has a very accurate arm, makes quick decisions, and isn't afraid to run. He looks like a leader out there.

He's really playing a different ballgame tonight. I can't say he's really been given the reigns as much as he has tonight.

Kats could use a few more caught balls by the WRs, but for the most part, they are doing what it takes. Defense needs to step up, get a few stops and special teams needs to do what they can to turn the field in favor of the Kats -- we are giving ourselves a shot to win at the end, that's all we can ask for.

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM
The feed is cutting in and out, but it appears to be on the Fargodome's end and not the netfeed.

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Did anyone get a look at Shamen Washington in the close up next to the other players...he is one tiny guy! I think he is listed something like 5'5" 150lbs

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
20 - 14 Bison

Sam Houston's D was slow to start clicking and it cost us. We held them to a feild goal but I am not a happy camper.

Sam can tie with a touchdown

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM
NDSU kick...Brothers returns from SH05 to SH21...

1-10 SH21 Bomar takes off, 21 yards - FIRST DOWN!

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 08:08 PM
refs are a bunch of pussies...how can u call that

Bearkatpresident
Kat Offensive moving up the line.... 1 and 10....

Audio still not working

Flag down on the play

catbob
Audio down for anyone else? Sorry I haven't read any of this thread.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:10 PM
1-10 SH42 Penalty on NDSU -- late hit
1-10 ND49 Bomar complete to D. Jones
2-9 ND48 Bomar throws it away -- late flag, ineligible WR
3-9 ND48 Bomar throws it -- complete to Sneed, FIRST DOWN!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
1-10 ND37 Incomplete pass (intended for Wells)
2-10 ND37 Bomar keeper, four yards -- Bomar has 90 yards tonight
3-6 ND33 Bomar pass incomplete -- knocked down

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Kats keep moving on up, Bomar throws a hail mary pass that's incomplete

20-14 Bison, Kats on 38 10:30 left

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:13 PM
4-7 ND34 Bomar complete - FIRST DOWN! DARNELL JONES to ND13!

RED ZONE!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM
4th Down Conversion to Darrel Jones.... Audio peeked in, but cut away again

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:15 PM
1-10 ND13 Incomplete into the end zone
2-10 ND13 Bootleg, complete to Payne
3-2 ND05 Bomar TOUCHDOWN - Catron Houston!

TIE GAME!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
SHSU takes the lead over NDSU 21-20, 8:32 3rd Quarter!

catbob
September 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Yay, audio!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:19 PM
NDSU had a great return and penalty on SHSU...

1-10 SH42 Washington reverse, to SH19 -- First down, NDSU

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
ALMOST A FUMBLE BY NDSU

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
1-10 SH19 Walker incomplete pass
2-10 SH19 ...down to the 13 yard line

TOUCHDOWN

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A BARN BURNER.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
NDSU may have to go for two late in the game if SHSU and them are just going to go about trading off scores...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
1-10 SH30 Bomar pass batted
2-10 SH30 One yard pass to Houston
3-10 SH31 Bomar to Martin -- FIRST DOWN -- 14 yards

BKPres, you asked where Martin was -- HERE HE IS!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:33 PM
1-10 SH45 Bomar keeper, four yards
2-6 SH49 Bomar incomplete (intended for D. Jones)
3-6 SH49 Bomar incomplete (another tipped pass -- heading to T. Payne)

catbob
September 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I want some freaking audio... this is lame watching with no sound.

catbob
September 15th, 2007, 08:38 PM
TD NDSU, 34-21

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM
SHSU has very suspect Defense.

DaGriz
September 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I want some freaking audio... this is lame watching with no sound.

Catbob, is that a free link or do you have to purchase it?

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
TOUCHDOWN KATS. 55YD TD PASS FROM BOMAR TO WELLS. 34-28 BISON.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Catbob, is that a free link or do you have to purchase it?

Free audio...

http://www.ksam1017.com

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
FUMBLE BISON, KATS RECOVER ON 35 YD LINE.

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
TOUCHDOWN KATS. 55YD TD PASS FROM BOMAR TO WELLS. 34-28 BISON.

How many yards for Rhett? He must have rushed for 100 at least and passed for 300.

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 08:54 PM
How many yards for Rhett? He must have rushed for 100 at least and passed for 300.

HE HAD 110YDS PASSING AT HALF, BUT HE HAS LIT IT UP THIS HALF.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 08:54 PM

93 rushing
267 passing

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 08:59 PM
RUN DEFENSE HAS BEEN GOOD.

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:01 PM
RUN DEFENSE HAS BEEN GOOD.

I could see a bend but don't break that gives up yards. But NDSU must be 100% in the red zone.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:01 PM
SHSU defense is showing up right in the nick of time...

Come on Kats! Let's see SIX!

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
WE SHOULD HAVE OVER 400YDS OFFENSE NOW AND BOMAR SHOULD BE OVER 300.

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Nice drive. Don't leave too much time.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
WE SHOULD HAVE OVER 400YDS OFFENSE NOW AND BOMAR SHOULD BE OVER 300.

Bomar is closing in on over 300 yards passing...

We're at over 400 yards total offense though...

Kats in the NDSU red zone at the NDSU 15...COME ON KATS!

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:09 PM
4th down. Could be the ball game.

TexasTerror
Kats FG...

NDSU leads 34-31 over SHSU...less than five minutes left

Ronbo
Need a big 3 and out and you need it now.

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
LITTLE CLOSER. KAT D HAS TO STEP IT UP NOW. LAST TWO POSITIONS BISON HAVE PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND, LOSING ONE. WILL THERE BE ANOTHER?

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
That pooch kick wasn't smart. They are going to run it.

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
That pooch kick wasn't smart.

HAS WORKED THE LAST THREE KICKS JUST FINE.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Walker is able to get the pass off while he's heading down and NDSU picks up a huge first down...

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Need a BIG stop right now or it will be tough.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Did the audio feed just go out during the biggest 3rd down of the night?!?!

Kats stop them! 4th down!

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Do you go for it or kick and pin SHSU deep?

catbob
September 15th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Kick.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
INCOMPLETE PASS -- Flag down at the 21 yard line...

Penalty waved off -- BEARKAT BALL, BEARKAT BALL!

Ronbo
Got a homer call coming?

Ronbo
No flag! FG ties it.

TexasTerror
No references to EASTERN WASHINGTON PLEASE...

1-10 SH36 Bomar sacked, SH33

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM
2-13 SH33 Incomplete pass, holding on the play...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:22 PM
3-13 SH33 Bomar (shotgun) over the middle, FIRST DOWN -- CATRON HOUSTON!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:22 PM
1-10 SH50 Bomar complete to ND45, Houston again...

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Too bad there is no 2:00 warning.

catbob
This is gonna be an exciting finish!

TexasTerror
2-5 ND45 Bomar (shotgun) FANTASTIC CATCH -- Payne to the ND27! FIRST DOWN!

TexasTerror
1-10 ND27 Bomar to Wells, down to the NDSU 15...FIRST DOWN!

Ronbo
Now you got to take care of the ball.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:24 PM
1-10 ND15 Bomar complete to Houston down to ND02! Kats HAVE FIRST AND GOAL!

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:24 PM
1st down on the 2!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:25 PM
1-G ND02 Poullard rush to the 1 yd line, flag down

katstrapper
sure brings back some great memories

Ronbo
Oh my God! Illegal formation!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Illegal procedure...no complaints there, need the room...

41 seconds left, no timeouts...down by three...in FARGO, North Dakota...

1-G ND07 Bomar (shotgun) incomplete pass

STOPPED CLOCK

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
He's got two more shots to the end zone. Then kick it.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM
30.5 seconds left...

2-G ND07 Bomar TOUCHDOWN!

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM
TD!!!!!!!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
PAT is good!

26 seconds left...

SHSU 38-34 NDSU

Wow! My heart is jumping like it was against...you know...

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
WOW! xbowx

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Wow. I guess Bomar and Sam Houston are for real if they hold on.

katstrapper
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!xthumbsupx

RHETT BOMAR!!!!!xbowx xbowx

Death Dealer
Great finish for SH! WOW!!

Ronbo
Bomar
103 yards rushing.
357 yards passing.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM
1-10 ND46 Walker throws, complete to SH27...

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM
A couple plays then Hail Mary.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
1-10 SH27...Incomplete pass for the Bison

Ronbo
Where's the pass defense?

katstrapper
Bomar
103 yards rushing.
357 yards passing.
xbowx xbowx xbowx

BigApp
wtg kats!

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Oh Sh*!. TD Bison.

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I lost the feed!!!!! Drat!

catbob
September 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
OMG the feed went bye bye, are you kidding me!

Death Dealer
September 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Wow, that's why I love college football!xthumbsupx