PDA

View Full Version : Elon 59 - WV who? 16

ElonPride
September 8th, 2007, 09:09 PM
First half was disappointing, but still pulled out a big victory. Our true freshman QB threw for 362 yards.....but it looks like he was left in for too long.

Big win, but after the 1st half, it really didn't look like the same team that played South Florida close. I know we had some injuries, maybe that was to blame.......

Also, I'm watching the Wis/UNLV game.....the color guy said Wis. had D-I's (not I-A or FBS) longest winning streak. Where does App enter in that equation? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't App have D-I's longest winning streak?

Mountaineer
September 8th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Nice job Phoenix. xthumbsupx Elon's sounding a bit scary. Look forward to seeing how it goes when SoCon play begins.

App currently leads the nation in consecutive wins at 16, but we're not really Division I according to ESPN. xrolleyesx ;)

ElonPride
September 8th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Nice job Phoenix. xthumbsupx Elon's sounding a bit scary. Look forward to seeing how it goes when SoCon play begins.

App currently leads the nation in consecutive wins at 16, but we're not really Division I according to ESPN. xrolleyesx ;)

Yeah App only beat the preseason #5 team in FBS, and ranked #1 in FCS......no way you or any of us are D-I!!!!!!! xsmiley_wix

I am looking forward to the App/Elon game. I wish I could be there, but a career in television sure doesn't let you have the 9-5 sked of normal folks!!!

By the way, from what I can tell, Elon didn't look to "scary" in this game. The score was 17-7 at the half over a BAD D-II team.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Hot in the Socon:
Citadel, Elon

Not hot in the Socon:
UTC, Western Carolina, Furman

gophoenix
September 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Saying WV Who is kinda wrong.... none of us like when other people do that about our schools.

I don't think WV Wesleyan is terrible, but they are not a top D-II team either. Elon's young and needs some leadership. They put together a heck of a 2nd half today, but I am hoping these 2 weeks gives enough time to let Lembo mature the young guys...

T-Dog
September 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Hot in the Socon:
Citadel, Elon

Not hot in the Socon:
UTC, Western Carolina, Furman

I think your missing a category

HOT HOT HOT in the SoCon
App St

xsmiley_wix

And good for Elon. They might finally return that investement on that nice stadium with a winning season.

ElonPride
September 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Saying WV Who is kinda wrong.... none of us like when other people do that about our schools.

I don't think WV Wesleyan is terrible, but they are not a top D-II team either. Elon's young and needs some leadership. They put together a heck of a 2nd half today, but I am hoping these 2 weeks gives enough time to let Lembo mature the young guys...

You are right GP and I was wrong to list it like that. You're correct on all fronts.

gophoenix
September 8th, 2007, 11:44 PM
You are right GP and I was wrong to list it like that. You're correct on all fronts.

I am not saying that you were wrong. It is funny :) Just saying if we want FBS schools to not do this, we can't do it.

See where USF has taken Auburn to overtime?