PDA

View Full Version : PVA&M 2-0, Second Time Since 1964

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
PVA&M defeated North Carolina A&T today...they beat Texas Southern last weekend...

This is the first time PVA&M has beaten two Division I opponents in a row to open up the season in school history...

First time since 2004 (TxSo, Paul Quinn) that PVA&M won back to back games to open season...

Second time since 1964...they went 9-0 that year...

Congrats Panthers! Congrats Panther88!

Next week, Southern...who is 2-0 (beat FAMU and Valley)

813Jag
September 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
PVA&M defeated North Carolina A&T today...they beat Texas Southern last weekend...

This is the first time PVA&M has beaten two Division I opponents in a row to open up the season in school history...

First time since 2004 (TxSo, Paul Quinn) that PVA&M won back to back games to open season...

Second time since 1964...they went 9-0 that year...

Congrats Panthers! Congrats Panther88!

Next week, Southern...who is 2-0 (beat FAMU and Valley)
Should make for a good atmosphere on the Bluff next weekend. I'm sure Mumford will be rocking for the first home game of the season.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I'm excited for Prairie View A&M...

This is great news for the local team. I feel that they get coupled with Texas Southern quite a bit when it comes to everything that is anything. While Texas Southern has had their struggles administratively and athletically, PVA&M has their act together...

PVA&M does need a new web site to showcase their athletic program...

Panther88
September 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM
PVA&M does need a new web site to showcase their athletic program...

Political issues dealing w/ outsourcing of the IT dept. Go figure...

Thx for the congrats TT. The test is this upcoming w/e. This is our FIRST all Div I schedule in eons.

813Jag
September 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Thx for the congrats TT. The test is this upcoming w/e. This is our FIRST all Div I schedule in eons.
I've been seeing improvement in PV for a while, in 2004 y'all were approaching the corner, now you're close to turning it. This game is a test for both sides. I'll be listening to every minute. I even lost a family member to PV this year. xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I'm excited for Prairie View A&M...

This is great news for the local team. I feel that they get coupled with Texas Southern quite a bit when it comes to everything that is anything. While Texas Southern has had their struggles administratively and athletically, PVA&M has their act together...

Why in the hell did Texas Southern get included in this? STFU and simply congratulate Prairie View on it's 2-0 start and leave it at that dude. Damn...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Congrats! xthumbsupx

And don't forget that PV A&M has co-players of the week this week (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=87356) on CSN:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/2007/allstars/week2.jpg

jstate83
September 11th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Why in the hell did Texas Southern get included in this? ...

P. View 2-0 and JSU 0-2. xwhistlex
Go figure that one out. xlolx

Texas Southern....................SEE YA'LL THURSDAY NIGHT. xthumbsupx

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah... see you Thursday night. xsmhx

Panther88
September 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah... see you Thursday night. xsmhx

It'll get better. Trust.

Saturday will be hella'. lol

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2007, 03:48 PM
It'll get better. Trust.

xnodx Red Stick here we come!!!!

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Panther88,

You got to tell RT over at the Chron to give you guys some love. He isn't giving SHSU any love either.

RT seems to be too busy getting attacked by family members of athletes who are upset that RT read the official statistics instead of reading their statistics...football parents aren't supposed to be this bad. That's supposed to be baseball and softball parents where you can atleast question hit vs error...

Demon Fan
September 11th, 2007, 06:30 PM

But that's how you improve, is by playing stronger teams and using both the wins and loses as learning points. You can improve your record and gain a false sense of strength by playing a schedule heavy with weaker opponents from lower Divisions; however it's difficult to grow and elevate your level of play that way. Hope to see the Panthers make positive strides in this and coming seasons. The SWAC needs to benefit from strength and parity.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 07:57 PM
i dont know much about pv but damn that must be a sad history but congrats to you guys

McNeese_beat
September 11th, 2007, 08:03 PM
It'll get better. Trust.

Not only have you guys turned the corner in football, but your baseball team has gotten a lot better (in no small part because of Lake Charles' contribution to your team, the Richard brothers...).

Congrats

Jafus (Thinker)
September 11th, 2007, 11:24 PM
APPFAN2008,

It has been a long time (great to bad), but historically ...

-10 SWAC Championships
-5 Black College National Championships
-Black College All-Americans
-One of the first African American (4th) quarterback drafted to play in the NFL Charlie “Choo Choo” Brackins
-NFL players
-Kansas City Chief Hall of Fame Inductee Otis Taylor
-NFL Hall of Fame Inductee Kenny Houston

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I remember when PV A&M led Sportscenter the night they ended the longest losing streak in NCAA history...this is a great sight to behold to see them 2-0

3rd Coast Tiger
September 12th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Glad to help Prairie View in their turnaround. xlolx

Mr. Tiger
September 12th, 2007, 07:58 AM
APPFAN2008,

-10 SWAC Championships
-One of the first African American (4th) quarterback drafted to play in the NFL Charlie “Choo Choo” Brackins
-NFL players

Thanks for posting this because many people don't realize that Prairie View has a GREAT history in football. xthumbsupx

Panther88
September 12th, 2007, 11:02 AM
APPFAN2008,

-10 SWAC Championships
-NFL players

Thanks J~. I didn't feel like copying/pasting it all. People should really want to do their research before commenting off the cuff, so to speak.

Yeah, it'll be popping like popcorn on the Bluff Sat C-LeB. We have that storm out in the gulf to contend w/ though. I didn't know it before a few ago. It looks "promising" in terms of a big event (flooding/rain/etc).

SU Jag
September 12th, 2007, 11:04 AM
APPFAN2008,

-10 SWAC Championships
-NFL players

Yes PVAMU has great tradition in football!xnodx

Panther88
September 12th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Panther88,

You got to tell RT over at the Chron to give you guys some love. He isn't giving SHSU any love either.

RT seems to be too busy getting attacked by family members of athletes who are upset that RT read the official statistics instead of reading their statistics...football parents aren't supposed to be this bad. That's supposed to be baseball and softball parents where you can atleast question hit vs error...

I think school's kicking his ass. lol He doesn't create topics or cover all of us like he used to. :(

jstate83
September 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
i dont know much about pv but damn that must be a sad history but congrats to you guys

I'm in the conference and str8 up, I'm glad PV has come this far in their recent football history.xthumbsupx

It was sicking to watch a team get beat 81-7 or 92 - 0 in the case of Alabama St because they had no schollie players.
It was brutal.xsmhx

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM

I still can't.....xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I think school's kicking his ass. lol He doesn't create topics or cover all of us like he used to. :(

School is closed tomorrow for him due to Humberto...

May end up being nothing, so hopefully RT uses this day off to cover the area a little... :)