PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Christian - Texas State

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Not paying attention to this game, but I'm seeing Abilene Christian leading 21-0 with 8:47 left in the first half...

Shocked to see this, thought it may be close, but the Bobcats are coming off that huge win over Cal Poly at home...a bit confused. Anyone following this one?

brownbear
September 8th, 2007, 07:07 PM
There have been a lot of upsets of FCS teams by D2 teams today:

Wingate over Davidson
Trinity (IL) over Valparaiso
Chadron State over Northern Colorado

and Texas State and Georgia Southern are both losing big right now

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
According to Bobcats board, apparently special teams problems (shanked punts) are setting up ACU in good territory so they can score...

Not sure what else is going on there, as I can't make much of their posts (lots of upset folks -- not enough information)...come on Bobcats, get back in it!

bobcatfan06
September 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
We suck. Plain and simple. Last week was a fluke. Brad George couldn't read a defense to save his life and he overthrows every receiver on every play.

bobcatfan06
September 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
BTW, It's now 28-0 ACU in the 2nd quarter.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Seeing on Bobcat board that the score is now...

ABILENE CHRISTIAN 28
TEXAS STATE 0

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Halftime...

ACU leads 28-0 over Texas State...

No telling what's going on this year...

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Bobcat troubles continue -- apparently a touchdown nullified due to a flag...

JohnStOnge
September 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM
There just isn't that much difference between D-II and FCS. One of my pet peeves is the way the playoff committee automatically considers D-II wins "bad" regardless of how good the D-II is.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM
There just isn't that much difference between D-II and FCS. One of my pet peeves is the way the playoff committee automatically considers D-II wins "bad" regardless of how good the D-II is.

Should FCS squads be able to count one Div II win towards their win total for the playoffs, similar to how FBS squads do it for FCS squads towards bowls?

That would be a novel concept. These Div II teams are definitely giving problems to FCS teams this year...

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Abilene Christian makes a FG...

ACU 31-7 TexState

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM
ACU 31
TXST 14

Bobcats trying to mount a comeback at Bobcat Stadium...

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
ACU score 38-14...

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM
ACU 38-27 over Texas State

Half the fourth quarter remains in San Marcos...

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 09:10 PM
ACU leads 45-27 with 4:55 left in the game...

ACU has over 450 yards of total offense against the Bobcats tonight in San Marcos...

gram4life
September 8th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Wow!

McNeese75
September 9th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Looks to me like the Texas SLC teams need to leave those DII teams alone xnodx

They Bite!!!

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
disappointing. More FBS wins,but more DII losses.

igo4uni
September 9th, 2007, 12:42 AM
disappointing. More FBS wins,but more DII losses.

Some of those DII schools are really good.........like North Dakota last year beating UNI @ home!!xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Abilene-Christian (D-II) over #21 Texas State
You heard this one right. Although the Wildcats got upset last week 27-17 by Central Oklahoma, characteristically this is a team that doesn’t beat itself and is focused on pulling the upset over a ranked FCS opponent. I’m playing a hunch that the Wildcats will play a great game, with a big day from WR Jerale Bandon, and they will pull off the big upset of the week.
“My Heart Is In Abilene” 31, Bummed Bobkitties 28

xwhistlex xeekx

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2007, 07:27 AM
xwhistlex xeekx

The Bobcat fans saw that prediction and couldn't believe it...

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13328

And here's their prediction thread...

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13312

Things like this are bound to happen from time to time. You just never know how things are going to turn out til the game is played...

Casey_Orourke
September 9th, 2007, 08:30 AM

Like the FBS looks down on the FCS?

MACHIAVELLI
September 9th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Things like this are bound to happen from time to time. You just never know how things are going to turn out til the game is played...

Only when it doesn't involve the SWAC? Spin it tee tee Spin it.

Bearkats94
September 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Well I wonder if they are still thinking out moving up to the FBS now are moving down to DII. This may wake some of the Bobcats up.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 9th, 2007, 02:52 PM
ACU is pretty good + We played horrible = embarrassing blowout loss at home. wow.

Bearkatpresident
September 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Um.....I know we're not supposed to talk smack in here..

So I'm not gonna say a word.

slycat
September 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
well i was at the game last night and will try to provide some insight.

george is struggling. last week i thought it was a wr running the wrong route but now it seems its his fault. he was constantly throwing way over, way short, or just not near a wr. he gave up two ints deep in our territory that helped us lose.

a dropped punt in the red zone hurt bad.

we cant stop stupid little passes in the flat. cal poly did it. acu did their homework and burned us on it.

acu is good no doubt about that. great qb and rb combo. i expect a lot from them this year.

when george was on the team looked great. but having 7 turnovers to 3 takeaways in the first 2 games is killer.

hope we can turn it around for baylor next week.

ncbears
September 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well geesh people are calling for us to be demoted to d2 because we lose to a top 5 d2 program and one of the best running backs in all of college footabll. Are people doing the same to TxsSt? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Well geesh people are calling for us to be demoted to d2 because we lose to a top 5 d2 program and one of the best running backs in all of college footabll. Are people doing the same to TxsSt? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

The topic has come up...they're just joking around, of course...xnodx

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13365