PDA

View Full Version : site updates and game predictions

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 05:36 AM
Just in time for the season to start.... I got some more things done to my site including a new layout. There are some areas that arent finished yet but will be complete soon. Check it out and tell me what you think. I really would like some feedback so I know what everyone things and what I need to improve. Dont worry Ralph the part you had issue with is not currently up. I also made my predictions for the A10 games this week.

www.UMassFan.com

colgate13
August 31st, 2005, 08:16 AM
PayPal? You want people to donate to your site? That's amatuerish. If you want to keep your website amatureish then fine but if you want to make it legit then it needs work. I do appreciate what people do for free in their spare time but if you want to make the website more, then it needs to look more professional.

Word is a I-AA media member has a way to put one out through favors without having to pay for design and it is rumored they are going to put one out without donations being asked for. Your website shouldn't be considered a news site but rather an opinion site. With a few changes your site could be a good one.

I looked at your website last year but I'm not going to this year. If you want this website to be the true professional UMass website then you need to bite the bullet and make it look more professional.

89Hen
August 31st, 2005, 08:19 AM
PayPal? You want people to donate to your site?
First thing I noticed too.

dungeonjoe
August 31st, 2005, 09:21 AM
I was expecting these updates in July, why the delay?

Husky Alum
August 31st, 2005, 09:44 AM
I think he needs donations to go back to UMass to work on his writing skills, or to hire a proofreader/editor!

My tax dollars paid for YOUR education? Did you sleep through your english classes at ZooMass?

I want my money back.

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2005, 10:43 AM
If T.O. could ask for money I guess MassBoy can too. Maybe to fly Brandy out on the off week.

polsongrizz
August 31st, 2005, 11:07 AM
Not to compare the two but I do believe most of us have an AGS Donor bar under their name Not to mention we have a sticky right above this post about donating to this site (ags)... :eek:

colgate13
August 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM

:p :lmao:

cosmo here
August 31st, 2005, 12:01 PM
Just in time for the season to start.... I got some more things done to my site including a new layout. There are some areas that arent finished yet but will be complete soon. Check it out and tell me what you think. I really would like some feedback so I know what everyone things and what I need to improve. Dont worry Ralph the part you had issue with is not currently up. I also made my predictions for the A10 games this week.

www.UMassFan.com

All you did was copy and paste, or borrow content from the official UMass athletics site. This is tantamount to plagiarism. Generate some new stuff and then get back to us.

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:10 PM
All you did was copy and paste, or borrow content from the official UMass athletics site. This is tantamount to plagiarism. Generate some new stuff and then get back to us.

Well excuse me if the UMass athletic site is actully good. I do have new stuff not on the UMass site. If you didnt notice it then you didnt look.

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:11 PM
PayPal? You want people to donate to your site? That's amatuerish. If you want to keep your website amatureish then fine but if you want to make it legit then it needs work. I do appreciate what people do for free in their spare time but if you want to make the website more, then it needs to look more professional.

Word is a I-AA media member has a way to put one out through favors without having to pay for design and it is rumored they are going to put one out without donations being asked for. Your website shouldn't be considered a news site but rather an opinion site. With a few changes your site could be a good one.

I looked at your website last year but I'm not going to this year. If you want this website to be the true professional UMass website then you need to bite the bullet and make it look more professional.

Fan sites are amature sites. Correct me if im wrong...

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:12 PM
You must not have been paying attention!

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:13 PM
Not to compare the two but I do believe most of us have an AGS Donor bar under their name Not to mention we have a sticky right above this post about donating to this site (ags)... :eek:
Thanks for being the only one with his eyes open...

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:14 PM
Then don't, they're incomparable. :nod:

Your right... you do this for a living with the help of many others... I do it in my spare time by myself.

sibiur
August 31st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hey, don't let anyone get you down; you do your thing to the best of your ability and please yourself. I'm jealous because your "amateur" site is 1000 times better than Grambling's official site!

Grambling's best site is actually run by a fan, Mr. Ray Higgins. He lives at http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com

Anyway, keep it up!

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:34 PM
Hey, don't let anyone get you down; you do your thing to the best of your ability and please yourself. I'm jealous because your "amateur" site is 1000 times better than Grambling's official site!

Grambling's best site is actually run by a fan, Mr. Ray Higgins. He lives at http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com

Anyway, keep it up!If I had money for the programs I used back in hs to make the website then it would look alot better... Plus if I had more time I would make it look more "professional" with javascript... But again in the mean time until the offseason, its just amaturish.

cosmo here
August 31st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Fan sites are amature sites. Correct me if im wrong...

And amature is spelled amateur . . amaturish is spelled amateurish . . correct me if I'm wrong. Most official school athletic sites are really good, especially the ones that use collegesports.com, which is quite a few. If people want the info you're giving them, they'll go straight to the official UMass site. I don't think they'll appreciate that you're dumping their stuff on your site and depriving them of hits that they'll use to create advertising revenue.

umassfan
August 31st, 2005, 03:18 PM
And amature is spelled amateur . . amaturish is spelled amateurish . . correct me if I'm wrong. Most official school athletic sites are really good, especially the ones that use collegesports.com, which is quite a few. If people want the info you're giving them, they'll go straight to the official UMass site. I don't think they'll appreciate that you're dumping their stuff on your site and depriving them of hits that they'll use to create advertising revenue.

Well see thats why I got it approved.... Hmmm theres an idea for you.

colgate13
August 31st, 2005, 03:31 PM

Anyway, keep it up!

sibiur, i think you're missing some history. Normally we'd all probably be happy to see a site up umassfan has become the #1 critic of the I-AA.org preview magazine. 95% of my post was his EXACT words thrown back at him. Other comments are all of his type as well.

This thread is mostly tongue and cheek!