PDA

View Full Version : Finally some respect from ESPN?

Franks Tanks
September 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM
This quote appeared in the article stating that FCS teams can be in the AP poll.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3008022

"In a previous job, he covered longtime Division I-AA powerhouse Georgia Southern, which, like Appalachian State, is a member of the Southern Conference.

"Having spent so much time watching those Georgia Southern teams, I'm sure the top teams in the Southern Conference are as good as any mid majors," Van Brimmer said. "They're probably as good as anybody in the MAC (Mid-American Conference). They're probably better than most in the Sun Belt.""

xsmiley_wix Also once and for all it is settled-the Sunbelt stinks!! xlolx

brownbear
September 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Hold on to that comment until the end of the Louisville-MTSU game on right now. If MTSU wins, it will be almost as impressive as App State

Franks Tanks
September 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Hold on to that comment until the end of the Louisville-MTSU game on right now. If MTSU wins, it will be almost as impressive as App State

Good Point Sir, I think however we will find that Louisville is a phony this year.

CoastalFan2005
September 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28906

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Finally people are waking up to the reality of the talent level difference between FBS and FCS. But I don't think the new AP poll policy is neccesary - it's not like FCS teams will schedule enough teams to get any serious consideration.

brownbear
September 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Because of the rule that allows FBS to only count 1 game vs. FCS teams, there is a definite limit on upsets.

However, if FCS teams can be ranked, then the games against FBS teams gain more interest, which may cause more FBS schools to schedule them.

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I'm just hoping Furman brings down top 25 Clemson and throws the college football world on its ear.