PDA

View Full Version : What if Appy State could play Michigan again?

bisonbill
September 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
If Appalachian State could play Michigan 10 more times this season, How many MORE games would Appy win ?

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 11:24 AM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx xgiveadamnx

DuckDuckGriz
September 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Ok I'm gonna agree with AZGriz

This thread is the "Hey There Delilah" of AGS.

bisonbill
September 6th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Your still upset about losing to the Bison a few years back. xnodx

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I assume the one's that answere zero are the same ones that didn't think App St could win in the first place. xrotatehx

Seahawks Fan
September 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Since they won the first game, why could they not win at least one of the next ten?

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Since they won the first game, why could they not win at least one of the last nine?

Lightning never strikes the same place twice. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xoopsx

Seahawks Fan
September 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Lightning never strikes the same place twice. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xoopsx

The law of averages says they win at least once more.

xpeacex

ysubigred
September 6th, 2007, 11:51 AM

LOL!!

In order of ANNOYING!! xeekx

1. San Deigo (Playoff's)

2. Montana (Wa Griz Stadium)

3. Appy ST (win over MI)

4. Drake. (top 25 ranking)

5. Hemorids (itching and burning)

Next!! Let it goooooo...... You won just let it gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xbawlingx

xnonono2x

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM

App St is that close as a team to Michigan. Give FCS some props, Montana isn't that far off that level either. The level where they can beat some good FBS schools.

bisonbill
September 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
LOL!!

In order of ANNOYING!! xeekx

1. San Deigo (Playoff's)

2. Montana (Wa Griz Stadium)

3. Appy ST (win over MI)

4. Drake. (top 25 ranking)

5. Hemorids (itching and burning)

Next!! Let it goooooo...... You won just let it gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xbawlingx

xnonono2x

You don't think the question is at least interesting? It was interesting enough for YOU to post a response. xthumbsupx

ysubigred
September 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
You don't think the question is at least interesting? It was interesting enough for YOU to post a response. xthumbsupx

xconfusedx Was interesting up untill about 100 threads/posts ago.

No_Skill
September 6th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Based on the game that I watched start to finish, I voted 3 or more.

If the fans of the FCS don't take us seriously, how can we expect the media or the "big school" fans to? xcoolx

Casey_Orourke
September 6th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Not wanting to keep up the "ASSUALTS ON THE DECEASED EQUINE"
(for those who can't understand the Queen's English) xdeadhorsex

Given the team that Michigan put on the field that day, I believe that any of the FCS (let's say) Top 5 could have defeated them on that day. It just happened to be #1 Appalachian State wo did, but it just as easily have been Montana, NDSU, UMass or Northern Iowa who knocked them off. So as far as I am concerned, the victors can gloat away as long as they want. They deserve it

AppStWill
September 6th, 2007, 01:15 PM
No rematches needed......I'll take our 1-0 alltime record vs. Michigan to the house xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Since they won the first game, why could they not win at least one of the next ten?

For the same reason that Team USA would not have beaten the Soviets again if they played 10 more hockey games back in 1980. They aren't even in the same league "on paper" and having already claimed one victory would not be able to take them by surprise again.

CatFan22
September 6th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Your still upset about losing to the Bison a few years back. xnodx

I'm not. xnodx

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Not wanting to keep up the "ASSUALTS ON THE DECEASED EQUINE"
(for those who can't understand the Queen's English) xdeadhorsex

Given the team that Michigan put on the field that day, I believe that any of the FCS (let's say) Top 5 could have defeated them on that day. It just happened to be #1 Appalachian State wo did, but it just as easily have been Montana, NDSU, UMass or Northern Iowa who knocked them off. So as far as I am concerned, the victors can gloat away as long as they want. They deserve it

As Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend. I don't believe that Montana, NDSU, UMass, or Northern Iowa are as good as App. State. If the Mountaineers had won the game convincingly then I would go along with your theory, but based on how the game went down to the wire I think the difference between App. State and those other four teams meant the difference between winning and almost winning. I think in I-AA football right now there's a huge gap between the best team and the 2nd best team. There's App. State, and then there's everybody else. They're the ultimate example of a big fish in a small pond.

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM
For the same reason that Team USA would not have beaten the Soviets again if they played 10 more hockey games back in 1980. They aren't even in the same league "on paper" and having already claimed one victory would not be able to take them by surprise again.

The difference was much greater between the Soviets and the USA Collegians than between Michigan and App St.

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Based on the game that I watched start to finish, I voted 3 or more.

If the fans of the FCS don't take us seriously, how can we expect the media or the "big school" fans to? xcoolx

Mark me down as one who does not care if the media or "big school" fans takes us seriously. I'm secure with our place in the pecking order, and if they did take us seriously we would lose the surprise attack method of winning games that we aren't expected to win.

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 01:29 PM
The difference was much greater between the Soviets and the USA Collegians than between Michigan and App St.

That's your opinon and you're entitled to it, but please don't state an opinion as a matter of fact. Maybe you could try to state some reasons why you feel that way.

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Mark me down as one who does not care if the media or "big school" fans takes us seriously. I'm secure with our place in the pecking order, and if they did take us seriously we would lose the surprise attack method of winning games that we aren't expected to win.

Did you watch the App St game?

Seahawks Fan
September 6th, 2007, 01:33 PM
No rematches needed......I'll take our 1-0 alltime record vs. Michigan to the house xthumbsupx

That's what Apollo Creed said after "I". And then look what happened. xpeacex

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 01:53 PM
That's your opinon and you're entitled to it, but please don't state an opinion as a matter of fact. Maybe you could try to state some reasons why you feel that way.

I'm not stating it as fact, you are taking it as fact.

To start with
1. The Russians were better than most NHL teams, Michigan is not better than any NFL team. 5-3-1 against NHL teams and 6-0 against an NHL all-star team
2. The Russians had the best player in the world at a few positions, Michigan does not have the best player in the world at any position.
3. The Soviets team was full of seasoned international hockey veterans mixed with a few younger stars.
4. The Soviets beat everyone else in the competition and were favored to win the Championship. Michigan lost it's last couple games and was not favored to win the championship.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM

To start with
1. The Russians were better than most NHL teams, Michigan is not better than any NFL team. 5-3-1 against NHL teams and 6-0 against an NHL all-star team
2. The Russians had the best player in the world at a few positions, Michigan does not have the best player in the world at any position.
3. The Soviets team was full of seasoned international hockey veterans mixed with a few younger stars.
4. The Soviets beat everyone else in the competition and were favored to win the Championship. Michigan lost it's last couple games and was not favored to win the championship.

Good lord, Gil. Give it UP! xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xsmhx

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Good lord, Gil. Give it UP! xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xsmhx

Could start another thread. ;)

BlueHen86
September 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM

To start with
The Soviets also had Stan Laurel as their team captain.;)

lizrdgizrd
September 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM

xnonono2x

You'll note this thread wasn't started by an App State fan. xnonox

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM
The Soviets also had Stan Laurel as their team captain.;)

How could I forget that one xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Could start another thread. ;)

touche. xnonono2x xnonono2x

But don't worry, I'm sure someone ELSE will. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

FCSFAN
September 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM
App would win at least half of the ten games, probably more

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
App would win at least half of the ten games, probably more

Appropriate that you would make that statement with a sig that has a guy high on drugs. xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I think it's possible for App to win maybe 2 out of the 10. xpeacex

ysubigred
September 6th, 2007, 02:29 PM
You'll note this thread wasn't started by an App State fan. xnonox

LOL you know me. I don't read shat before I post :o

Mountaineer
September 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM
One, maybe. xpeacex xthumbsupx

CopperCat
September 6th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Okay, on the count of three, everybody is going to say "Congratulations Appalachian State." Ready? 1.........2..........3.........

CONGRATULATIONS APP ST.!!!!!!!

Now ENOUGH with these stupid App St threads. There's an entire season left to be played.

Mountaineer
September 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Again - a small fraction of the current ASU threads have been started by ASU folks.

If you want to read less on App (I'm with you on that :p ) - stop making new threads. Simply. Really. xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Did you watch the App St game?

As a matter of fact, not only did I watch it but I actually recorded it to DVD to preserve for my personal archive. Why do you ask?

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 04:02 PM
As a matter of fact, not only did I watch it but I actually recorded it to DVD to preserve for my personal archive. Why do you ask?

That's good to hear xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 04:08 PM

To start with

Okay, that's good and you bring up some great points as to why the Soviet hockey team could be thought of as being placed up on a higher pedestal than the Michigan football team. I will not disagree with any of your points, but I would like to point out that I think the App. State football team is much more of a Cinderella than the USA hockey team was. Case in point, 11 guys on that team went on to play in the NHL. I seriously doubt that 11 guys on the App. State football team are going to play in the NFL (and there are a lot more guys on a football team than on a hockey team). So although I think Soviets > Michigan, I think it is only fair to say at the same time Team USA > App. State. All factors considered, both games have to be ranked among the all-time greatest upsets in their respective sports. Both games can be used as example of the old "that's why they play the games" cliche.

lizrdgizrd
September 6th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Okay, that's good and you bring up some great points as to why the Soviet hockey team could be thought of as being placed up on a higher pedestal than the Michigan football team. I will not disagree with any of your points, but I would like to point out that I think the App. State football team is much more of a Cinderella than the USA hockey team was. Case in point, 11 guys on that team went on to play in the NHL. I seriously doubt that 11 guys on the App. State football team are going to play in the NFL (and there are a lot more guys on a football team than on a hockey team). So although I think Soviets > Michigan, I think it is only fair to say at the same time Team USA > App. State. All factors considered, both games have to be ranked among the all-time greatest upsets in their respective sports. Both games can be used as example of the old "that's why they play the games" cliche.
DaveK talking sense. What is this world coming to!?!? xeekx xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
September 6th, 2007, 04:28 PM

I disagree. History shows that the Soviet hockey team was a juggernaut for decades. The weren't only good enough to play in the NHL, they were better than an NHL all star team. Also, they were men; in the prime of their hockey careers. An entire nations sports machine was in place for years to assemble that team, and they were consistent Olympic champions. Team USA was comprised of college kids, thrown together only months before the Olympics started. Only half went to the NHL, and not all had long great careers. It's possible the every Soviet player would have been an NHL all-star.

App. St is a two time div. I-AA/FCS champion. They know how to win. Michigan has not won anything. Also both teams are comprised of college kids. It is a great win for App. St., but it's not on the 'miracle' level.

SoCon48
September 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Appropriate that you would make that statement with a sig that has a guy high on drugs. xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx

The whole thread is moot anyway because Michigan doesn't want another ass whipping. So as Appollo Creed said, "They're ain't gonna be no rematch!"xeyebrowx

Go...gate
September 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Let's face it, there is a game in two days for ASU. High time to figure out the challenge of this week's opponent.

The Moody1
September 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
" it just as easily have been Montana, NDSU, UMass or Northern Iowa who knocked them off."

Wrong. None of those teams have what it takes to pull off what we did against UM. They might have kept it to less than 14 but that is about it.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 07:03 PM
" it just as easily have been Montana, NDSU, UMass or Northern Iowa who knocked them off."

Wrong. None of those teams have what it takes to pull off what we did against UM. They might have kept it to less than 14 but that is about it.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

CopperCat
September 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Again - a small fraction of the current ASU threads have been started by ASU folks.

If you want to read less on App (I'm with you on that :p ) - stop making new threads. Simply. Really. xthumbsupx

I haven't made one. Nadda.

But it doesn't matter who is making them anyway. There's too many no matter which way you look at it.

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I disagree. History shows that the Soviet hockey team was a juggernaut for decades. The weren't only good enough to play in the NHL, they were better than an NHL all star team. Also, they were men; in the prime of their hockey careers. An entire nations sports machine was in place for years to assemble that team, and they were consistent Olympic champions. Team USA was comprised of college kids, thrown together only months before the Olympics started. Only half went to the NHL, and not all had long great careers. It's possible the every Soviet player would have been an NHL all-star.

App. St is a two time div. I-AA/FCS champion. They know how to win. Michigan has not won anything. Also both teams are comprised of college kids. It is a great win for App. St., but it's not on the 'miracle' level.

Good Points 86 xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
September 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM

Why's that?

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Most uninformed post I've read in a while. App State deserves to be proud by that's ridiculous.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Why's that?

He has no reason, just another homer fan drinkin' the koolaid. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

flyenhigh
September 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
BS

DaveK
September 6th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Agreed. App. State is that much better than everybody else in I-AA. xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Have you seen the next 5 play?

Montana returns a lot of players from a final four showing last year.

No_Skill
September 6th, 2007, 10:55 PM

So...months ago you were saying App would get slaughtered by Michigan, but now they are some freak team that is leaps and bounds above every other FCS team?

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 11:58 PM

Why don't we just GIVE them the title and all go to Crapsville, then? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

In all honesty, I think the top 5 FCS teams match up against App State better than alot of FBS teams....not as big, but typically pretty fast. Maybe not App fast, but fast.

GGASU
September 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
I am going to love seeing this North Dakota team join I-AA....a lot of great fans already.

ASU had the better team on the field....but they did not have the reserves to match with Michigan.

Play this game once a year for 10 years with the exact players and App wins 8 out of 10 (5 at home 3 at Michigan)

Play it every week for 10 weeks and ASU wins 3.....the team would be too beat up to continue to play week in and week out.

bisonbill
September 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I am going to love seeing this North Dakota team join I-AA....a lot of great fans already.

ASU had the better team on the field....but they did not have the reserves to match with Michigan.

Play this game once a year for 10 years with the exact players and App wins 8 out of 10 (5 at home 3 at Michigan)

Play it every week for 10 weeks and ASU wins 3.....the team would be too beat up to continue to play week in and week out.

Your way wrong. Appy is good but not that good. Appy is riding a wave of confidence that cannot be sustained. With your logic they will go undefeated this season.
I want to go on the record that Appy will lose at least one regular season game and will not make it to the championship game.xcoffeex

IaaScribe
September 7th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah. That Montana team that lost 41-7 to a sh**ty Iowa team, they could have beaten Michigan. Whatever.

GGASU
September 7th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Your way wrong. Appy is good but not that good. Appy is riding a wave of confidence that cannot be sustained. With your logic they will go undefeated this season.
I want to go on the record that Appy will lose at least one regular season game and will not make it to the championship game.xcoffeex

We MIGHT lose a regular season game...but not to make the championship game, we will have to lose at home. Does anyone see that happening?

Even the numerous Griz fans that were laughing at us for thinking we had a chance at Michigan do not count on that. We will average 25k at home during playoff games and destroy anyone that stands in our way.

SoCon48
September 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
He has no reason, just another homer fan drinkin' the koolaid. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yep, they make some damn good kool-aid in Ann Arbor!!!xcoffeex

Saint3333
September 7th, 2007, 08:40 AM
We MIGHT lose a regular season game...but not to make the championship game, we will have to lose at home. Does anyone see that happening?

Even the numerous Griz fans that were laughing at us for thinking we had a chance at Michigan do not count on that. We will average 25k at home during playoff games and destroy anyone that stands in our way.

Let's play them one at a time and not get ahead of ourselves here. It's a long season and lots can happen, injuries, turnovers, etc. It's going to be difficult getting everyone's best shot. FOCUS.

DaveK
September 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM
So...months ago you were saying App would get slaughtered by Michigan, but now they are some freak team that is leaps and bounds above every other FCS team?

Let's just say they went out and earned my respect last Saturday. That game didn't show how good the I-AA division is, it showed how good the App. State team is.

DaveK
September 7th, 2007, 09:09 AM

I'll be very surprised if they lose a regular season game and even more surprised if they don't make it to the championship game. I think you're nuts to make such a prediction, but rather than argue about it let's sit back and watch to see what happens.

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah. That Montana team that lost 41-7 to a sh**ty Iowa team, they could have beaten Michigan. Whatever.

That was last year I believe. xrolleyesx

DuckDuckGriz
September 7th, 2007, 11:44 AM

First, pleaase find me where Griz fans were laughing at you for scheduling Michigan.

Second, think before you post

Third, will you continue to average 25k after Jerry Moore retires, Armanti Edward graduates, etc. ??

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Are we talking LAST year's Montana team? Or THIS year's Montana team?

I don't think LAST year's App State team would have won against Michigan either.

Apples and oranges, my friend. xcoffeex

Besides, when we played Iowa, they were RANKED. They didn't turn ****ty until the injuries started to pile up. We STILL don't know how good Michigan will turn out to be. THey could be 6-5 as well, then the victory won't have that much lustre on it, now will it?

The Moody1
September 7th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Why's that?

IMO- The offense we run and our over all team speed. I don't believe anyone else in FCS can match us.

The Moody1
September 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Most uninformed post I've read in a while. App State deserves to be proud by that's ridiculous.

If you really believe any of those other teams would go into the "Big House" and win, then you are the one who is uninformed. It is amazing enough that we were able to pull it off, and no one else in FCS could have done it.

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
IMO- The offense we run and our over all team speed. I don't believe anyone else in FCS can match us.

Well, good for you. ;)

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 12:08 PM
If you really believe any of those other teams would go into the "Big House" and win, then you are the one who is uninformed. It is amazing enough that we were able to pull it off, and no one else in FCS could have done it.

Remind me to mark this post so that when ASU loses this year to Furman or GSU or Lenoir-Rhyne, I can rub it in your big fat koolaid drinkin' snobby holier than thou our ***** doesn't stink nose. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Let's play them one at a time and not get ahead of ourselves here. It's a long season and lots can happen, injuries, turnovers, etc. It's going to be difficult getting everyone's best shot. FOCUS.

The range of intelligence of AppState fans never ceases to amaze me.

Saint, you ought to try talkin' some sense into some of these bozos. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

The Moody1
September 7th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Well, good for you. ;)

I really hope everything works out and we can see you guys in Chattanooga.

Black and Gold Express
September 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Remind me to mark this post so that when ASU loses this year to Furman or GSU or Lenoir-Rhyne, I can rub it in your big fat koolaid drinkin' snobby holier than thou our ***** doesn't stink nose. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

You mean the same noses that were well in place in Missoula prior to UMass showing up there last year? xthumbsupx

Tailbone
September 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
You mean the same noses that were well in place in Missoula prior to UMass showing up there last year? xthumbsupx

There were App noses in Missoula last year?

Wow, the English language really isn't your forte' is it?

citdog
September 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM

especially you express. fckn prck

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM

I know of not a single Griz fan who spoke of UMass the way AppState fans (Saint3333 being the rare exception) are currently speaking of the rest of the FCS. Not a single one. Everyone I knew/talked to was worried sick and had MAD respect for UMass and what they brought to the field---and rightly so. Find me a post, or an article, or SOMETHING to back up that lame argument. Believe me, I could link to 50 posts in the past WEEK on this site alone where you'd honestly think App's ***** doesn't stink. xrolleyesx

Mountaineer
September 7th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I know of not a single Griz fan who spoke of UMass the way AppState fans (Saint3333 being the rare exception) are currently speaking of the rest of the FCS.

You better include me in there with Saint damn it! xmadx xnonox

:p

I know HiHi isn't a trash talker, holier-than-thou type either. xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
You better include me in there with Saint damn it! xmadx xnonox

:p

I know HiHi isn't a trash talker, holier-than-thou type either. xthumbsupx

Absolutely, Mountaineer....hence the phrase "rare". xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Marcus Garvey
September 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM

You mean this thread is for emo/pu$$y/whinny b!tches?

OB55
September 7th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Michigan and the Big 10 sucks. They have relied upon old tactics for too long. The Big 10 and the Big 12 for that matter have fallen way behind many of the other conferences in the big leagues. Just think back to their performances in last years tidy bowls.

App would kick them again, but the game would have to be played at App! xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
After today, I'd say App St 7 out of 10. xthumbsupx

charliej
September 8th, 2007, 09:37 PM
After today, I'd say App St 7 out of 10. xthumbsupx

I'm thinking the same thing.xnodx

ysubigred
September 8th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Maybe APPY sucks xconfusedx Meatchicken is just that bad xlolx

J.k. Appy is awesome ;)

To many of ya'll to fight by my lonesome xpeacex

ASU
September 9th, 2007, 01:54 AM
When you win the only game that you play......there is no reason to believe that you couldn't win ten of ten.
ASU left a bunch of points on the field.....should have beat them badly.

AggieFinn
September 9th, 2007, 02:09 AM
When you win the only game that you play......there is no reason to believe that you couldn't win ten of ten.
ASU left a bunch of points on the field.....should have beat them badly.

Michigan has faced two very hungry, very fearless ballclubs in their own house and were clearly not ready to step up for either of them. (They are buzzing like crazy up here in Portland about the UO win) Whatever is going on in Ann Arbor, it's not working. Watch them run the table with their conference except for Ohio State all over again...then their garbage bowl and a conga line of rightly so doubters talking throughout the offseason about how they need to shake things up. Carr will be gone by the end of this season...unless he finds a way to beat the Bucks this year.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/09/sports/09michigan.xlarge1.jpg

Casey_Orourke
September 9th, 2007, 08:48 AM
There are guys on the Michigan boards who are finally saying the the Appy/Michigan game was not a fluke, but not because Appy was that good, but because Michigan is that bad.

Now that they have been humilated once again, this time by Oregon, they are ready to commit mass suicide.

DaveK
September 9th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Michigan has faced two very hungry, very fearless ballclubs in their own house and were clearly not ready to step up for either of them. (They are buzzing like crazy up here in Portland about the UO win) Whatever is going on in Ann Arbor, it's not working. Watch them run the table with their conference except for Ohio State all over again...then their garbage bowl and a conga line of rightly so doubters talking throughout the offseason about how they need to shake things up. Carr will be gone by the end of this season...unless he finds a way to beat the Bucks this year.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/09/sports/09michigan.xlarge1.jpg

The way Michigan has played so far, I'd be surprised if they go better than .500 in the Big 10. Not only will they lose to Ohio State, but Wisconsin and Penn State will both destroy them too. Of the remaining five conference games (Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan State) they're bound to lose at least one of them.

AZGrizFan
September 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
My money is on Notre Dame when they play.