PDA

View Full Version : CSN West: The Other Week One FBS Upset

CSN-info
September 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM
CSN West: The Other Week One FBS Upset
Kent Schmidt, CSN Columnist

Nicholls State defeated the Conference USA’s Rice 16-14 and would have been the FCS headline team of the week had App State not defeated than #5 rated FBS Michigan.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=87224

MarkCCU
September 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Good job Nicholls State!!!

appfan2008
September 6th, 2007, 09:40 AM
i moved them into my top 25... that was a very impressive win!

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 10:52 AM
The two teams I feel the most sorry for:

Nicholls State & Drake. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

CrazyCat
September 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Great win for Nicholls State.

I love any coverage of FCS teams but I'm confused. Isn't Nicholls State in Louisiana and if so why are they in the CSN West article? I realize their are 1000 teams out east and only 4 out west but c'mon.

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2007, 11:58 AM
The two teams I feel the most sorry for:

Nicholls State & Drake. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

I feel sorry for Montana, stuck in WA-Griz Stadium, well maybe not that part. But going out and playing some FCS schools on a regular basis. I think this years Montana team would given Iowa a much better game, at least score-wise.

FCSFAN
September 6th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Great win for Nicholls State.
I love any coverage of FCS teams but I'm confused. Isn't Nicholls State in Louisiana and if so why are they in the CSN West article? I realize their are 1000 teams out east and only 4 out west but c'mon.It is West in the FCS for sure, every school in the Southland is West of the Mississippi too.

Bison_Kent
September 6th, 2007, 01:10 PM
If you look at any my i-aa.org archieves, the Southland has always been a part of my columns. Here is a link to the archieves:

http://i-aa.org/carchive.asp?oby=d&event=search&arttypes=740

This year, Jason was going to do the Southland but couldn't do once the season started so I re-added the Southland as part of the 'West'.

Demon Fan
September 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM
It is West in the FCS for sure, every school in the Southland is West of the Mississippi too.

Actually, Southeastern Louisiana University is east of the Mississippi River (but we get where you are coming from).