PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky predictions-Week 2

JALMOND
September 6th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Just five games on the conference slate this week. After "betting" against my own team, I went 8-0 last week. Not bad for a start. A peek into the games this week.

Southern Oregon @ ISU---A home opener for the Bengals against NAIA Southern Oregon. Maybe the start of a down year, but you won't be able to see that in this game. ISU 38, Southern Oregon 14

Fort Lewis @ UM---Another unsuspecting victim coming to Wash-Griz. Should the Griz really be worried about this? UM 52, Fort Lewis 10

NAU @ Arizona---Last week's big win over DII is followed by a step up to Arizona in Tucson. Jacks may hang close, that will have to suffice for a moral victory. Arizona 31, NAU 20

Chadron State @ UNC---Bears return from Hawaii in time to entertain a DII foe. Not just anyone but Chadron State, who beat Montana State last year. Can they do it again? Smart money on the Bears. UNC 24, Chadron State 19

UC-Davis @ PSU---Both teams coming off tough losses and both are trying to get the season started. The Glanville home opener and the Aggies rebounding from last week's loss to DII Western Washington. Here's hoping the Vikings look impressive at home. PSU 30, UC-Davis 27.

Really the only conference loss is the NAU/Arizona game. Even if Watson has a monster of a game, I still do not see how NAU can pull it out. UNC/Chadron, come on, we can't be embarrassed two years in a row, can we? And Portland State, well, I give us the edge on the basis of home field, which we have been able to do a good job of protecting, at least under the old regime.

DuckDuckGriz
September 6th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Just five games on the conference slate this week. After "betting" against my own team, I went 8-0 last week. Not bad for a start. A peek into the games this week.

Southern Oregon @ ISU---A home opener for the Bengals against NAIA Southern Oregon. Maybe the start of a down year, but you won't be able to see that in this game. ISU 38, Southern Oregon 14

Fort Lewis @ UM---Another unsuspecting victim coming to Wash-Griz. Should the Griz really be worried about this? UM 52, Fort Lewis 10

NAU @ Arizona---Last week's big win over DII is followed by a step up to Arizona in Tucson. Jacks may hang close, that will have to suffice for a moral victory. Arizona 31, NAU 20

Chadron State @ UNC---Bears return from Hawaii in time to entertain a DII foe. Not just anyone but Chadron State, who beat Montana State last year. Can they do it again? Smart money on the Bears. UNC 24, Chadron State 19

UC-Davis @ PSU---Both teams coming off tough losses and both are trying to get the season started. The Glanville home opener and the Aggies rebounding from last week's loss to DII Western Washington. Here's hoping the Vikings look impressive at home. PSU 30, UC-Davis 27.

Really the only conference loss is the NAU/Arizona game. Even if Watson has a monster of a game, I still do not see how NAU can pull it out. UNC/Chadron, come on, we can't be embarrassed two years in a row, can we? And Portland State, well, I give us the edge on the basis of home field, which we have been able to do a good job of protecting, at least under the old regime.

JALMOND

What's the crowd looking like for PGE this Saturday? My trip to Ann Arbor fell through. If it's a night game I'll be up in PDX and I'm thinking about stopping in and seeing this man in black run-and-shoot business for myself.

CrazyCat
September 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM
ISU by 20
UM by 30
Arizona by 14
Chadron by 3
UC-Davis by 10

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 12:31 AM

Southern Oregon/ISU --- I agree
Ft Lewis/Griz --- I don't see Ft Lewis scoring 10 points
NAU/U of A --- I'll stand by my pick that NAU "upsets" U of A
Chadron/UNC --- if it was ANYBODY else in the conference I'd agree with you....unfortunately, it's not. UNC loses.
Davis/PSU --- I think PSU pulls this one out at home as well...

JALMOND
September 6th, 2007, 12:36 AM
JALMOND

What's the crowd looking like for PGE this Saturday? My trip to Ann Arbor fell through. If it's a night game I'll be up in PDX and I'm thinking about stopping in and seeing this man in black run-and-shoot business for myself.

Rumors running around that the game is sold out (not true), although there are going to be a lot of people around (supposedly). You should be able to get a ticket by game time, but no guarantee where you will be sitting. It is a night game (game time 6:00 pm) so join the throng of Duck and Beaver fans to see this Viking show.

DuckDuckGriz
September 6th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Rumors running around that the game is sold out (not true), although there are going to be a lot of people around (supposedly). You should be able to get a ticket by game time, but no guarantee where you will be sitting. It is a night game (game time 6:00 pm) so join the throng of Duck and Beaver fans to see this Viking show.

I truly want PSU to sell out a game there. I never thought PGE could be a good atmosphere but it was about half full during the Griz-Viks game last year and on that punt return for a TD late in the game the place was ROCKIN. xnodx

Just bad sight lines. But that's what you get in a baseball stadium.

Casey_Orourke
September 6th, 2007, 01:09 AM
I truly want PSU to sell out a game there. I never thought PGE could be a good atmosphere but it was about half full during the Griz-Viks game last year and on that punt return for a TD late in the game the place was ROCKIN. xnodx

Just bad sight lines. But that's what you get in a baseball stadium.

How true....maybe if PSU begins to become a consistent playoff team the school and the city might consider a new stadium. Even Vera Katz's (former mayor of Portland) cockamamie scheme of capping I-410 is beginning to look feasible enough that it could supply enough space for a combination city park, not that the city needs any more parks, sports complex.xchinscratchx. Maybe even good enough to rival Wa-Griz?

DuckDuckGriz
September 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM
How true....maybe if PSU begins to become a consistent playoff team the school and the city might consider a new stadium. Even Vera Katz's (former mayor of Portland) cockamamie scheme of capping I-410 is beginning to look feasible enough that it could supply enough space for a combination city park, not that the city needs any more parks, sports complex.xchinscratchx. Maybe even good enough to rival Wa-Griz?

MAYBE

But you got a long ways to go. The biggest thing is that it's such an open stadium that alot of noise escapes. There were a ton of Griz fans on the opposite side of me and I could barely hear em. And I know they're loud.

Great views though and location - there's just only so much you can do with a baseball stadium.

Casey_Orourke
September 6th, 2007, 01:24 AM
MAYBE

But you got a long ways to go. The biggest thing is that it's such an open stadium that alot of noise escapes. There were a ton of Griz fans on the opposite side of me and I could barely hear em. And I know they're loud.

Great views though and location - there's just only so much you can do with a baseball stadium.

That is why I said maybe. Until then, your stadium, though there might be some disagreements from others, and your team is still the standard for the Big Sky

I Bleed Purple
September 6th, 2007, 01:25 AM
My prediction is that we won't lose.

I guarantee it.

DuckDuckGriz
September 6th, 2007, 01:29 AM
That is why I said maybe. Until then, your stadium, though there might be some disagreements from others, and your team is still the standard for the Big Sky

I just read my post and noticed how arrogant that sounded...

I definetly agree that PSU has the potential in that area. I don't know about facilities because I've never seen em - it would be great if they could get their own stadium but I realize one step at a time. If they can capitalize on a city that doesn't have a team other than the Blazers (and maybe the Lumberjax).

It seems for now that PSU's eyes are too big for its stomach athletically as far as moving to I-A, etc. The pieces are there to build up the fanbase and I thnk it's possible.

Do you think scheduling teams like Cal, Oregon, etc helps PSU? I wonder if they should take the "2007 Montana route" (yeah I'll say it) and schedule to their advantage in order to make a better case the playoffs, buld the tradition that they had in D-II. New Mexico sure as hell won't play you guys though.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 10:54 AM
My prediction is that we won't lose.

I guarantee it.

That's a brave stance. You do realize that BYE is undefeated, don't you? ;)

ncbears
September 6th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I can see us losing to CSC. They would beat a lot of FCS teams.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I can see us losing to CSC. They would beat a lot of FCS teams.

So can we, and true. xeyebrowx xcoolx

UNCBears2010
September 6th, 2007, 02:39 PM
CSC is a very good DII team, but UNC is vastly improved from last year, even though they didn't exactly show it last week. I see them winning the game. We won't be overlooking the Eagles like certain Big Sky teams. *cough*Montana State*cough*

CopperCat
September 6th, 2007, 03:07 PM
CSC is a very good DII team, but UNC is vastly improved from last year, even though they didn't exactly show it last week. I see them winning the game. We won't be overlooking the Eagles like certain Big Sky teams. *cough*Montana State*cough*

Who went to the playoffs last year? Oh yeah, that's right. NOT UNC.xrulesx

CSC keeps it close, but I'd like to think UNC wins the game. I'll be rootin' for ya'll.

ncbears
September 6th, 2007, 03:11 PM

You have no proof that we're better then last year. I still say we lose because Woodhead will have a big day against our poor run defense.

I Bleed Purple
September 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
That's a brave stance. You do realize that BYE is undefeated, don't you? ;)

Brigham Young--East are a bunch of pansies.

Peems
September 6th, 2007, 06:36 PM
What a lame week in the big sky xsmhx

CopperCat
September 6th, 2007, 07:02 PM
What a lame week in the big sky xsmhx

At least its finally football season man.xnodx

UNCBears2010
September 6th, 2007, 11:57 PM
You have no proof that we're better then last year. I still say we lose because Woodhead will have a big day against our poor run defense.

Yes, I do. I've watched the teams in practices and games both seasons. This year's team is easily better than last year's.