PDA

View Full Version : Rumors @ Ga. Southern?

Prominentwon
September 5th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Take this with a grain of salt, because I haven't seen any published reports....but I've heard that Brad Lester, Auburn RB, may be pretty close to transferring to Ga. Southern. Can anyone fill us in on that one?

JDC325
September 5th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Huh? You thought it would have hit our board first and we are STACKED at RB for now.

Mountain Panther
September 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Take this with a grain of salt, because I haven't seen any published reports....but I've heard that Brad Lester, Auburn RB, may be pretty close to transferring to Ga. Southern. Can anyone fill us in on that one?

Can FBS players transfer to FCS after the season starts and still play that year?

X-Factor
September 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Can FBS players transfer to FCS after the season starts and still play that year?

yes. A Colorado transfer that started last year at QB transfered to Portland State midway through the season and started for the Vikes. Lost both games vs Montana State :D

mrklean
September 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM

LIke we need another RB!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM
LIke we need another RB!!!

For real, our starting RB from last year is now a safety xlolx

PaladinFan
September 5th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Isn't Lester the starter at Auburn? Something tells me he might have been suspended a game or two.

Laserlips
September 5th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Auburn forums say the young man is definitely suspended ufa due to some academic issues, but nary a word about potentially transferring anyplace.

FWIW it seems most Auburn posters regard Mr. Lester very highly as their #1 RB.

Even if he is considering a transfer I'm not sure he'd want to come to GSU.

Now if that sucker were a quality kicker I'd go pick him up myself!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

parr90
September 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Hes been suspended for grades and I dont know if he is leaving but GSU has two very good running backs right now. I think it had somthing to do with his hours. Not that I wouldnt take him. He is very talented.

blueballs
September 5th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Hes been suspended for grades and I dont know if he is leaving but GSU has two very good running backs right now. I think it had somthing to do with his hours. Not that I wouldnt take him. He is very talented.

Make that three, wait 'till you see Rozier.xsmiley_wix

bobbythekidd
September 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Now if that sucker were a quality kicker I'd go pick him up myself!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

We need one of those, I'll split the gas with ya.

seantaylor
September 5th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Make that three, wait 'till you see Rozier.xsmiley_wix

I think Rozier's going to start.

ButlerGSU
September 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM
How would he transfer now? The academic semester has already begun and drop/add period is over. He could not register for classes.

Am I crazy for thinking this? Plus I agree with the others, the last position we need now is RB.

gatadotcom
September 5th, 2007, 10:40 PM
How would he transfer now? The academic semester has already begun and drop/add period is over. He could not register for classes.

Am I crazy for thinking this? Plus I agree with the others, the last position we need now is RB.

No, the LAST position we need now is an academic casualty from Auburn. I mean, what did he do, flunk "Cow Milking 201"? How does anyone suffer from poor academics at Auburn?

We've had our share of less-than-stellar scholars on our football squad. I don't think we need to take any chances, even if the kid can tote a 'tater.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2007, 11:19 PM
running back is not where you all need help!

windwalker
September 6th, 2007, 07:20 PM

many schools have 8 or weeks schedules... He could sign up for 4 of those courses

bobbythekidd
September 6th, 2007, 07:26 PM
...what did he do, flunk "Cow Milking 201"? How does anyone suffer from poor academics at Auburn?
My sister failed out TWICE!

Thank goodness for University of Alabama-Birmingham.xthumbsupx

Laserlips
September 6th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hey folks, I'm of the opinion that we are just being "had" here anyway.

I've yet to read ANYPLACE where the young man is considering a transfer to GSU.

I think I'll wait for more substantial "gossip" before I get too worried about his GPA and such.

JMOFO

J. Pomeroy