PDA

View Full Version : Michigan/ App. St. afterthoughts..

KAUMASS
September 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Some afterthoughts after the dust has settled.

1. Hopefully, Michigan plays well and wins most of their games the rest of the season and wins their bowl game. Proves Michigan did not have an "off-year" to all the media and FBS snubbers.

2. Does this win make it harder for App. St. to make another playoff run at a 3rd FCS championship? Will App. State have a bigger target on their back as opponents want to knock off the 2-time champs and Michigan beaters, and take some glory home to their schools?, Hey, if we beat App. State, we could beat Michigan.( win by association) Or, will App. St., by beating Michigan, intimidate teams more than normal now?

Buckle your seatbealts..

andy7171
September 4th, 2007, 11:10 AM
One thing is for sure, it's going to be even harder to ASU to complete a game schedule in 08.

putter
September 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Other than some newspaper writers people are missing the point that App matched Michigan with their speed and physicality. They outplayed them in their own building - period. Michigan will be carrying this monkey on their back all year and at every away game the fans will remind them at that.

Teams will be intimidated because of this win! If they are not they have a steel set...

Hachiko
September 4th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Congrats to Appalachian State from Hachiko. xthumbsupx xhurrayx

Old Cat Fan
September 4th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Michigan better be ready to play Oregon this week because the Ducks with new offensive cood. and ex UNH cood Chip Kelly is going to attack Michigan the same way with a wide open offense and a very mobile quarterback,do not be surprise to see the big M fall again and the ax blades to start falling on some heads. xeekx xeekx xeekx

citdog
September 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Teams will be intimidated because of this win! If they are not they have a steel set...

The football playing members of The South Carolina Corps of Cadets will not be intimidated by Yosef, or anyone else! In General Hagood's house, with honor, we will prevail!

Casey_Orourke
September 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Some afterthoughts after the dust has settled.

1. Hopefully, Michigan plays well and wins most of their games the rest of the season and wins their bowl game. Proves Michigan did not have an "off-year" to all the media and FBS snubbers.

2. Does this win make it harder for App. St. to make another playoff run at a 3rd FCS championship? Will App. State have a bigger target on their back as opponents want to knock off the 2-time champs and Michigan beaters, and take some glory home to their schools?, Hey, if we beat App. State, we could beat Michigan.( win by association) Or, will App. St., by beating Michigan, intimidate teams more than normal now?

Buckle your seatbealts..

As a two time defending champion, App. St. already had a target on it's back which every contending FCS program is more than willing to take a shot at, looking for that feather in its cap and the claim they beat the champs. The only difference now is that Michigan may have some thoughts about avenging their football honor and restore some credibility to their program.

89Hen
September 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Congrats to Appalachian State from Hachiko. xthumbsupx xhurrayx
Hachiko? Good Lord, what's it been... two years?? xconfusedx xeyebrowx xsmileyclapx

andy7171
September 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Hachiko? Good Lord, what's it been... two years?? xconfusedx xeyebrowx xsmileyclapx

Is Hachico one of Travis' boys? :D

appfan2008
September 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
we shouldnt have trouble filling out our schedule the next few years as we have games lined up with uga, va tech, lsu and florida for the next few years... also as others have pointed out the bulls eye has already been on our back with the titles... is it bigger? maybe but it was already huge

Jax
September 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
we shouldnt have trouble filling out our schedule the next few years as we have games lined up with uga, va tech, lsu and florida for the next few years... also as others have pointed out the bulls eye has already been on our back with the titles... is it bigger? maybe but it was already huge

Congrats App State! xthumbsupx Even though I've been a Michigan fan since the days of Bo Schembechler(sp) and Desmond Howard, I love it when the underdog gets the last laugh and bite. Now if only fUSC can get caught slippin like UM did. xlolx

BTW...Is #47(for App State) related to John Lynch?

HiHiYikas
September 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
CBS Sportsline's Dennis Dodd, who has trhe Mountaineers #10 in his all D-I power poll this week:

"• Nice tuneup game by Appalachian State, which enters the Power Poll this week at No. 10. Sure, Jerry Moore's squad needed to work the kinks out before playing Lenoir-Rhyne. But to beat Michigan and grab a $400,000 guarantee? Moore has to quit scheduling patsies in the non-conference."

Casey_Orourke
September 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
CBS Sportsline's Dennis Dodd, who has trhe Mountaineers #10 in his all D-I power poll this week:

"• Nice tuneup game by Appalachian State, which enters the Power Poll this week at No. 10. Sure, Jerry Moore's squad needed to work the kinks out before playing Lenoir-Rhyne. But to beat Michigan and grab a $400,000 guarantee? Moore has to quit scheduling patsies in the non-conference."

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHH xlolx xlolx xlolx That needs to be posted on a Michigan forum.... Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds xbawlingx xbawlingx

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Just.......OUCH. xsmhx xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
This also from Dodd:

Ridiculous: Michigan just lost to a team that is playing a cocktail waitress next week. It says so right here on the schedule. Good tickets are still available for App. State vs. Lenoir-Rhyne.

That is some funny stuff right there. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

But I thought she was a country-western singer? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Saint3333
September 4th, 2007, 05:31 PM

We'd don't have a FBS program scheduled for 2008 and I believe the 2009 Georgia game was moved back to 2013.

Va Tech 2011

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/

I thought we had LSU in 2010 and Florida in 2012, but those games aren't included in this site.

JohnStOnge
September 4th, 2007, 05:51 PM
One thing is for sure, it's going to be even harder to ASU to complete a game schedule in 08.

Nah. From what I can tell, for instance, LSU fans are now more interested in seeing them in Baton Rouge come 2009. It appears to have made them more, rather than less, attractive.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Nah. From what I can tell, for instance, LSU fans are now more interested in seeing them in Baton Rouge come 2009. It appears to have made them more, rather than less, attractive.

That's actually what I would expect. xnodx At least from a FAN'S perspective. Ask the coaches, and you'll get a different story, I'm sure.

JohnStOnge
September 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I thought we had LSU in 2010 and Florida in 2012, but those games aren't included in this site.

LSU in 2009:

http://www.lsusports.net/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=27811&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2009

And it's been mentioned on local sports talk radio.

JohnStOnge
September 4th, 2007, 05:58 PM
That's actually what I would expect. xnodx At least from a FAN'S perspective. Ask the coaches, and you'll get a different story, I'm sure.

Heck, my guess is that LSU's coaches, when the time comes, will be happy that App beat Michigan. When Western Illinois came here in 2003 Saban spent a bunch of time trying to convince people that they could play. Same with Miles when App State came here in 2005. Now there's no problem. LSU's 2009 players will know App State beat Michigan at Ann Arbor.

BlueHen86
September 4th, 2007, 07:32 PM
That makes some sense. The LSU coaching staff will have no problem getting the team ready for that game since they will respect App St. and it will be easier to sell tickets since fans have not only heard of App St., but respect them as well.

JMU1992
September 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Anoher result of this win to I-AA is that I think we will also see higher ratings for the I-AA playoffs this year.

darell1976
September 4th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I just think that this game proves that anybody can beat anyone on any given day.

proasu89
September 4th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I just think that this game proves that anybody can beat anyone on any given day.

Uhh...so you're saying AnyGivenSaturday pigs can fly...Hell can freeze over and Wash.Griz may not sell out xlolx

HaveFunKc
September 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM

Welcome to the Southern Conference Samford!

igo4uni
September 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM

At least!!
Welcome back!!

lizrdgizrd
September 5th, 2007, 10:10 AM
That makes some sense. The LSU coaching staff will have no problem getting the team ready for that game since they will respect App St. and it will be easier to sell tickets since fans have not only heard of App St., but respect them as well.
I think LSU was already aware of App's game, but this will definitely make it easier to pound it into the players' heads. xlolx

Jiggs
September 5th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the Southern Conference Samford!

Ole Miss in Oxford and App. State at Seibert.....looking forward to 2008!xthumbsupx

Old Cat Fan
September 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Michigan better be ready to play Oregon this week because the Ducks with new offensive cood. and ex UNH cood Chip Kelly is going to attack Michigan the same way with a wide open offense and a very mobile quarterback,do not be surprise to see the big M fall again and the ax blades to start falling on some heads. xeekx xeekx xeekx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx EOM xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx