PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 2 Predictions (not poll)

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
... pool or anything else, just for fun.

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
WEEK 2 GAMES:

Wagner @ Iona

La Salle @ Sacred Heart

Robert Morris @ Monmouth

Morehead State @ Saint Francis

Merrimack @ CCSU

Albany @ Fordham

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Wagner @ Iona
WAGNER: Iona looks have just gotten by DIII Delaware Valley, Wagner beat a DIII last week… so with that quasi circular reasoning, I take Wagner.

La Salle @ Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart: La Salle was smoked by a DIII, should be enough of a reason. I doubt this will be close.

Robert Morris @ Monmouth
RMU: HOMER PICK, Robert Morris didn’t look good on offense last week against Dayton in the loss, and Monmouth hung with Maine. I have no reasonable explanation other than I am homer.

Saint Francis: This is a particularly interesting game for RMU fans. We play SFU next week, and then Morehead the week after. Just going NEC pride on this one.

Merrimack @ CCSU
CCSU: I truly know nothing about Merrimack, other than they are not FCS. CCSU hung with Towson, so I think they will get a W here.

Albany @ Fordham
Albany: From a couple reports from Colgate fans, they were lucky to get the win against Albany. I do not think Fordham is as good as Colgate and have trouble seeing Albany going 0-2.

Seawolf97
September 3rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Two interesting games this week.

Robert Morris at Monmouth- an early NEC contest- gota go with Monmouth who lost by only 7 at Maine Hawks 27 Colonials 17

Albany at Fordham- Albany needs this win. Also Albany is alot tougher on D than Rhode Island Great Danes by 10.

dungeonjoe
September 3rd, 2007, 09:23 PM
... pool or anything else, just for fun.

First, an update from last week…
Not counting the bonus games from last week, just NEC games.

6 right:
PeacockRaider

5 right:
TheValleyRaider, danefan

4 right:
BobbyMo, UAalum72, Calif_Colonial, dpd, RMUTV, JMG1MON

3 right:
Seahawks Fan, aceinthehole, downbythebeach

Congrats to PeacockRaider, GREAT JOB xthumbsupx
Also, anyone that would like to participate is more than welcome.xnodx

If i missed anyone, or made a mistake, please PM me.
If it is not a pool, why keep track of right/wrong? Why not just say who will win and leave it at that?

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Two interesting games this week.

Robert Morris at Monmouth- an early NEC contest- gota go with Monmouth who lost by only 7 at Maine Hawks 27 Colonials 17

Albany at Fordham- Albany needs this win. Also Albany is alot tougher on D than Rhode Island Great Danes by 10.

I think the Monmouth RMU game was moved up due to a problem with Monmouth's sched due to St. Peters dropping the program (could be wrong). Worked out well for RMU though because we had 3 fairly long road trips in a row with the orginal lineup.

We still have 3 in a row, but one is with the Dukes who are only about 30 mins away by bus.

Both should be very interesting games though. Monmouth does seem tough though after a good showing in Maine.

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Wagner at Iona Wagner 2 teams I don't know much about, except that the NEC is a better conference than the MAAC

La Salle at Sacred Heart Sacred Heart This could be a relatively familiar refrain, actually

Robert Morris at Monmouth Monmouth Hawks rebound from tough loss to Maine, stuff Colonials

Morehead State at Saint Francis Morehead State I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea, but I can't pick you to win every OOC game, can I? ;)

Merrimack at CCSU CCSU Blue Devils back on track again by running over, around, and through D-II Warriors

Albany at Fordham Albany As much as I'd like to show some love for my PL brethren, Albany looked pretty strong defensively, and is better than URI

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
If it is not a pool, why keep track of right/wrong? Why not just say who will win and leave it at that?

When i think of pool, i think of $$$ involved. Clearly that is not the case here. If me keeping track of a "score" is a problem, i would like to understand why. There is no "line" listed, its just for fun.

I picked what i thought teams would win by last week, but with the PL thread moved, I thought it would be best if i just picked a winner.

rmutv
September 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
I'm waiting to see if any changes are made to the Robert Morris lineup, then I'll submit all of my picks at once!

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm waiting to see if any changes are made to the Robert Morris lineup, then I'll submit all of my picks at once!

just curious, what changes to do you think maybe made? O-Line is really the only thing i can think of. Perhaps give Myles Russ more carries. Other than that I do not see much that can change.

rmutv
September 3rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
just curious, what changes to do you think maybe made? O-Line is really the only thing i can think of. Perhaps give Myles Russ more carries. Other than that I do not see much that can change.

O-Line, D-Line, tight end, running back, kicker, and quarterback. The last one is very iffy, but I can't shake that feeling.

danefan
September 4th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Wagner @ Iona

La Salle @ Sacred Heart

Robert Morris @ Monmouth

Merrimack @ CCSU

Albany @ Fordham - I won't pick the Danes until they prove they are worth it. last week they did not prove anything. This is a must win for the Danes. No way can you go 0-2 going into Hofstra and Montana.

Seahawks Fan
September 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM
WEEK 2 GAMES:

Wagner @ Iona Wagner usually wins against the MAAC

La Salle @ Sacred Heart LaSalle looks very weak this year.

Robert Morris @ Monmouth Home game for the Hawks after a good outing at Maine.

Morehead State @ Saint Francis A guess

Merrimack @ CCSU CCSU shouldn't have any problem here.

Albany @ Fordham

aceinthehole
September 4th, 2007, 09:06 AM
WEEK 2 GAMES:

Wagner @ Iona - Wagner was 4-0 vs. the MAAC last year and I expect the streak to continue.

La Salle @ Sacred Heart - SHU will throttle LaSalle just like it did to Assumption.

Robert Morris @ Monmouth - Based on week 1 the Hawks had a better effort, but I expect RMU to keep it close.

Morehead State @ Saint Francis - Its a toss up, but I'lll take the home team.

Merrimack @ CCSU - Blue Devils rolls over this D-II at home and hopefully get the offense into shape.

Albany @ Fordham - I want to pick UA (and I did last week), but Ford can't seem to beat Masella and Fordham did better than expected vs. URI.

Calif_Colonial
September 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Wagner @ Iona

La Salle @ Sacred Heart

Robert Morris @ Monmouth The Colonials don't have the team this year to compete in the NEC. The Freshman distributed on the O-line, D-line, running game and Special teams(Not-special), All I can say is wait till next year.

Morehead State @ St. Francis

Merrimack @ CCSU

Albany @ Fordham

Seahawks Fan
September 4th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Robert Morris @ Monmouth The Colonials don't have the team this year to compete in the NEC. The Freshman distributed on the O-line, D-line, running game and Special teams(Not-special), All I can say is wait till next year.

Monmouth will be tough at home, especially after last week's tough loss to Maine.

UAalum72
September 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Wagner @ Iona C'mon, they're playing the MAAC

La Salle @ Sacred Heart ditto

Robert Morris @ Monmouth MU better than expected vs. Maine

Morehead State @ Saint Francis Every year I think this is the year SFUPA gets its act together, which would help the league's rating more than anything.

Merrimack @ CCSU Merrimack a non-scholly D-II

Albany @ Fordham But only if the Albany O-line starts moving defenders around. Otherwise take the under.

rmutv
September 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Albany @ Fordham - I love Albany's defense, but Fordham had a nice game versus Rhode Island last week
CCSU vs. Merrimack - Easy win for the Blue Devils after a tough game versus Towson
Sacred Heart vs. La Salle - Pioneers rolled last week, and sadly, they don't have much of a tougher competition this week. La Salle was awful against Ursinus.
St. Francis (PA) vs. Morehead St - I think MSU is better than they were last year, and I think the Red Flash are worse.
Wagner @ Iona - Butler should have another strong game on the ground.
Marist @ San Diego - Toreros still have a nice offense, especially with Johnson back.

HOMER ALERT:
Monmouth vs. Robert Morris - No changes to the RMU lineup this week, and at least Monmouth played well against Maine. A full-strength Mario Hines will help the Colonials, but my head can't make the plunge and pick them on the road. Hopefully they win, but I'm still picking the Hawks.

carney2
September 6th, 2007, 12:45 PM
From the planet Know-Nothing we have:

Wagner @ Iona: It's been a long time since I've heard anything good about Iona football. Wagner

La Salle @ Sacred Heart: The Explorers lost to D-III Ursinus - and it wasn't even close. Nuf said. Sacred Heart

Robert Morris @ Monmouth: I would love to go with my old home town Colonials, but Monmouth's flirtation with reaching that "next level" the past few years gives me great pause. Monmouth

Morehead State @ Saint Francis: Unless Maurice Stokes is suiting up for the Red Flash, I gotta go with Morehead State.

Merrimack @ CCSU: With no information and no logic: CCSU.

Albany @ Fordham: The Rams are a year away. Albany

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Wagner @ Iona - Wagner not looking too shabby right now

La Salle @ Sacred Heart - Sacred Heart in a blowout

Robert Morris @ Monmouth - Monmouth, RMU not living up to expectations

Morehead State @ Saint Francis - SFU MSU is supposed to be having a down year and if we are gonna win a game this year, this will be it (other than LaSalle)

Merrimack @ CCSU - CCSU, although Merrimack makes it close

Albany @ Fordham - Albany gets back on track against their patriot league foes

NFLCB2
September 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Wagner @ Iona - Wagner in a tune up game

La Salle @ Sacred Heart - Sacred Heart Im thinking lasalle will be next to drop their football program

Robert Morris @ Monmouth- RMU This is a tough one RMU has always been on the hawks heels every year. Also with the issues with the secondary I dont think monmouth will sqeak this one out.

Merrimack @ CCSU - CCSU blowout Freeman gets 100 yards rushing

Albany @ Fordham - Fordham Albany has a history of playing down to competition

dpd
September 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM
monmouth by 22
albany by 3
wagner by 3
saint francis by 7
sacred heart by 20
ccsu by 7

last week my nec picks went 5-2

DPD Prognostication (http://dpdsdogs.com/ncaa/cfprog.htm)

danefan
September 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Albany has a history of playing down to competition

Do we ever. Only real negative that haunts Coach Ford's record. Losing games that Albany should have won.

DetroitFlyer
September 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I won't pick, but I do have a few comments.

Robert Morris is a good team. Dayton did not score a single point on offense in the second half. Robert Morris has the best pass defense I have ever seen! If RM can limit the TO's and Hines is healthy the whole game.... I do not know if RM can defeat MU, but I anticipate a good game.

Fordham defeated a fully funded team! That is a big deal. I think Albany will give them a good game.

The game of the week is probably MSU and SFUP! Both struggled last year and both want to start out this year on an up note! SFUP is my second favorite FCS team behind the Flyers, but MSU is a PFL team.... Should be a great game!

rmutv
September 7th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Just a heads up in making your predictions...

RMU will be without head coach Joe Walton. He's staying in the Pittsburgh area for family reasons. Assistant Dan Radakovich will be the acting head coach.

Coach Rad has plenty of coaching experience, including the NFL, but never as a head coach.

aceinthehole
September 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
NEC Week 2 Previews

http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2007/9/7/FB-Week2Preview.asp?path=fball

PeacockRaider
September 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Week 2 here we go

LaSalle @ Sacred Heart...Q: What's the difference between a Pioneer and an Explorer? A: About 3 touchdowns, SHU 28-7

Robert Morris @ Monmouth...With or without Walton Hawks win MU 31-10

Morehead @ St Francis...Phil Simms travels to the Pine Bowl to watch his beloved Eagles score a come from behind victory 20-17

Merrimack @ CCSU...Blue Devils in a laugher, 63-7

Albany @ Fordham...Danes & Disch Dominating Defensive effort 10-3

Wagner @ Iona...Upset special of the week. The gaels catch the seahawks looking past them and make them pay for it. IONA 28 Wagner 27

DetroitFlyer
September 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Just to stir the pot a bit....

Sagarin has the PFL rated above the NEC for week 1! That might all change after this weekend when the PFL plays more sub-division I games, but for the first week, the PFL can bask in the knowledge that we are ranked higher than the NEC according to Sagarin!

BobbyMo
September 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Thought I would update with the final scores. I will try to get week 3 up tonight.

WEEK 2 GAMES:

Wagner @ Iona: Iona wins, 17-14.
I am surprised by this one, what is up with Wagner?

La Salle @ Sacred Heart: Sacred Heart wins, 54-14.
Looks like SHU took control early, leading 47-7 at the end of first half. I guess they called off the “wolves” and cruised to victory. Way to go SH.

Robert Morris @ Monmouth: RMU wins 20-17.
This was a heck of a game. RMU looked in big trouble as Monmouth scored on their first 2 possessions. The Colonials held tough and got the W though, GREAT JOB RMU.

Morehead State @ Saint Francis: Morehead wins 21-14.
Do not know what to make of Saint Francis, I thought they could win this game. RMU plays SFU next week at home so I will get a good look at them.

Merrimack @ CCSU: Central wins 45-7.
This one never appeared to be in doubt, 38-7 at halftime. Good job CCSU.

Albany @ Fordham: Albany wins 23-20.
From the box score, it seems as though it would have been a fun game to watch. Good win for NEC.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Thought I would update with the final scores. I will try to get week 3 up tonight.

WEEK 2 GAMES:

Wagner @ Iona: Iona wins, 17-14.
I am surprised by this one, what is up with Wagner?

La Salle @ Sacred Heart: Sacred Heart wins, 54-14.
Looks like SHU took control early, leading 47-7 at the end of first half. I guess they called off the “wolves” and cruised to victory. Way to go SH.

Robert Morris @ Monmouth: RMU wins 20-17.
This was a heck of a game. RMU looked in big trouble as Monmouth scored on their first 2 possessions. The Colonials held tough and got the W though, GREAT JOB RMU.

Morehead State @ Saint Francis: Morehead wins 21-14.
Do not know what to make of Saint Francis, I thought they could win this game. RMU plays SFU next week at home so I will get a good look at them.

Merrimack @ CCSU: Central wins 45-7.
This one never appeared to be in doubt, 38-7 at halftime. Good job CCSU.

Albany @ Fordham: Albany wins 23-20.
From the box score, it seems as though it would have been a fun game to watch. Good win for NEC.

Here's my impressions adfter 2 weeks:

Albany - Back on track with a tough win at Fordham. No question about their D, but they must be able to put up 20+ points per week if the really expect to win on most weeks.

CCSU - Almost identical situation to Albany squad. Game 2 was vs. D-II, but they did dominate and show signs of life on offense.

Very early, but IMO it will come down to UA/CCSU on the final week for the NEC title.

RMU - Real guts and heart coming back from 14-0 on the road. They are young and will make mistakes, but can't be counted out in the NEC.

Monmouth - May have the most talent in the league, but are young and learning to win. As the game with RMU shows, they are still in the hunt.

Sacred Heart - This scehdule is what they need, but honestly these games are just warmups to the heart of the NEC (see above). To early to tell much, but these kids should have some confidence.

Wagner - Let a win slip away. They may have the worse QB play in the NEC (which is saying a lot when you have run heavy UA and CCSU). They will suffer this year and must hope for a win over the Red Flash to keep from last place.

SFPA - I hate to dog a NEC team, but this could be one, if not the worst program in FCS, period. I want to see them do well, but man ... They really have no shot vs. Liberty and the top-4 of the NEC. Will be lucky to beat a MAAC squad or Wagner.