PDA

View Full Version : Nice article that gives props to FCS

ASU_Chad
September 3rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
I was surprised to read this article. It actually gives FCS credit for being stronger than the FBS likes to believe.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ny-spmarc0904,0,2783583.column

Go...gate
September 3rd, 2007, 10:07 PM
I detect some serious crow being eaten here.

henfan
September 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry, but this is yet another piece of tripe by Marcus, who, until writing this article, has seldom written anything positive about FCS/I-AA FB. He's even gone so far as to suggest that Hofstra should drop FB because it looses money and diverts resources away from their MBB program. (Of course, Marcus has never admitted that HU MBB also loses money!)

Aside from his annoying misuse of the term 'subdivision' to mean FCS (what, the FBS isn't a subdivison also?!), Marcus also gets his facts wrong about Delaware. Since entering I-AA, UD has never defeated I-A Temple and then gone on to lose in the same season to D-II West Chester. It surely didn't happen "a few years ago" as Marcus recalls, unless 1956 can be considered a few years ago- the only time those two events ever occurred in the same season. In 1956, Temple, Delaware & West Chester were all in the same Small College Division. xreadx