PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mainejeff-Maine/Monmouth game

KAUMASS
September 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
MaineJeff..

I am trying to get a read on the UConn/Maine game as I will be attending to give a fellow CAA Maine team some support.

Is Monmouth that good or did Maine have a few stumbles or a little of both? Some of these NEC schools are getting seriously scary and are not token games anymore.

UConn beat Duke last week, but that really didn't give me any read on UConn.

BlueHen86
September 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
MaineJeff..

I am trying to get a read on the UConn/Maine game as I will be attending to give a fellow CAA Maine team some support.

Is Monmouth that good or did Maine have a few stumbles or a little of both? Some of these NEC schools are getting seriously scary and are not token games anymore.

UConn beat Duke last week, but that really didn't give me any read on UConn.
I try to follow UConn when I can and I have no idea what to expect this week. A few years ago UConn was an up and coming program, now they are picked near the bottom of the Big East.
UConn could win this game by 40 points, they could also lose.

KAUMASS
September 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
I try to follow UConn when I can and I have no idea what to expect this week. A few years ago UConn was an up and coming program, now they are picked near the bottom of the Big East.
UConn could win this game by 40 points, they could also lose.

I have the same read!!.

Also, speaking of the Maine/Monmouth game..Delaware has Monmouth later this year and I'm sure you are trying to get a read on them as well.

The NEC really surprised me last year.

Seahawks Fan
September 4th, 2007, 07:36 AM
The close score was no fluke. Monmouth is good.

PapaBear
September 4th, 2007, 08:32 AM
The close score was no fluke. Monmouth is good.

Absolutely right. They are a quality team that will give plenty of people fits. Hope the Hawks enjoyed their visit to Orono.

If you were at the game, you probably realize that the score could easily have been 28-14 or even 35-14. Maine had a TD called back for a hold that had no bearing on the play. And we ended the game taking a knee for two or three consecutive snaps inside the Monmouth 10 yd line, rather than punch in a padding score. Classy move by Coach Cos.