PDA

View Full Version : Montana Game Highlights

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
I was extremely happy with the play of Cole Bergquist. He passed for 68% completions and had two passing and 1 rushing TD's, no picks. Lex looked good but a little rusty, he did run for 5.1 average which is his career average.

Hey, 89Hen, this SUU team will give fits to some opponents. They are decent. Too bad they have such a brutal schedule. I think they'll win 2-3 games even with the schedule they have. Their QB is a beast, he runs like a fullback and does a nice job with the option. They run that Urban Meyer spread option, it's tricky for defenses.

Montana/Southern Utah Highlights (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/um-suu-2007.wmv)

Mountain Panther
September 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
xthumbsupx The new Griz uniforms look good xthumbsupx

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
There is some complaining about them at eGriz. I think they are just fine and it's been reported the players like them and that's good enough for me.:D

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
I was extremely happy with the play of Cole Bergquist. He passed for 68% completions and had two passing and 1 rushing TD's, no picks. Lex looked good but a little rusty, he did run for 5.1 average which is his career average.

Hey, 89Hen, this SUU team will give fits to some opponents. They are decent. Too bad they have such a brutal schedule. I think they'll win 2-3 games even with the schedule they have. Their QB is a beast, he runs like a fullback and does a nice job with the option. They run that Urban Meyer spread option, it's tricky for defenses.

Montana/Southern Utah Highlights (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/um-suu-2007.wmv)

Very solid game for the Grizz. I liked the highlights. Fundimentals showed on every play. Skills also. Game 1 done.

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
I thought the Coache's were very conservative and didn't open up much from the play book. We only went long 3 times all day and two were TD's. We ran the ball 45 times mostly up the gut and we passed the ball 27 times, mostly short stuff. I think they are keeping the offense under wraps till Conference play.

uofmman1122
September 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
I thought our defensive secondary looked a little rusty up until the end. I guess it's to be expected from the first game and all, though. O-line had a couple mistakes that cost us, but over-all they protected Cole very well.

Also good to see Selle play, since he was in my graduating class at West. Funny thing is that while he was out, most people I was around in the student section kept yelling, "C'MON COLE!" while Andrew was playing. xlolx

Very solid game against a pretty decent SUU team.

Cleets
September 3rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
What is the "Summit League"

DII..?

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 03:04 PM

DII..?

What?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM

DII..?

Formerly the Mid-Con with Valpo, Oral Roberts etc. NDSU and SDSU are joining this year for sports other than football.

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Oh did they have the Summit League on the video? Should have been the Great West Conference.

Cleets
September 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Formerly the Mid-Con with Valpo, Oral Roberts etc. NDSU and SDSU are joining this year for sports other than football.

Got it..!
(thank you)