PDA

View Full Version : FCS verses the Big Ten

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
Email ESPN and remind them that the FCS Division is now 5-3 against the Big Ten in the last 8 games. All road games in front of hostile crowds. And one of the losses was a one point loss to Minnesota. They should be reporting this in their App. State stories.

Here's the link
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

8 cupcakes, 5 losses. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
God, the Big 10 sucks. It's just BAD football, and boring as HELL to watch. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

NDSUFREAK
September 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Email ESPN and remind them that the FCS Division is now 5-3 against the Big Ten in the last 8 games. All road games in front of hostile crowds. And one of the losses was a one point loss to Minnesota. They should be reporting this in their App. State stories.

Here's the link

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbangx xbangx

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Correction: I think it's 3-5 not 5-3 but that's still pretty good. I got that 5-3 off a Big Ten board posted by a mad Big Ten fan.xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Correction: I think it's 3-5 not 5-3 but that's still pretty good. I got that 5-3 off a Big Ten board posted by a mad Big Ten fan.xlolx

Big 10 football STILL sucks, though. THAT hasn't changed! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
We got it figured out over at eGriz.

So we got this for Big 10 versus FCS/I-AA over the last two years:

I-AA wins
07 -- App over Mich
06 -- New Hampshire over Northwestern
06 -- S. Illinois over Indiana

Big Ten wins
07 -- OSU over Youngstown
06 -- Penn St. over Youngstown
06 -- Minnesota over NDSU (by 1 point)
06 -- Iowa over Montana

Franks Tanks
September 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
We got it figured out over at eGriz.

So we got this for Big 10 versus FCS/I-AA over the last two years:

I-AA wins
07 -- App over Mich

Big Ten wins
06 -- Iowa over Montana

Big Ten win

07 Indiana over Indiana State -- if you still consider state FCS

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM
It is 3-5 then.xlolx

Hansel
September 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Big Ten win

07 Indiana over Indiana State -- if you still consider state FCS

i think they are just considering the last 8 games played- not all games in 06 and 07

twentythreeOh4
September 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Too bad NDSU didn't pull out the win over Minnesota. Otherwise FCS would be 4-4 against the Big 10 in the last two seasons.

Franks Tanks
September 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
i think they are just considering the last 8 games played- not all games in 06 and 07

Indiana played State on Saturday, as did Northeastern and Northwestern.

X-Factor
September 3rd, 2007, 11:18 AM
Too bad NDSU didn't pull out the win over Minnesota. Otherwise FCS would be 4-4 against the Big 10 in the last two seasons.

Oct. 20 2007 xthumbsupx

twentythreeOh4
September 3rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
Okay we were missing a few games. Are we missing any others in the last two years?

I-AA wins
07 -- App over Mich

Big Ten wins
07 -- Northwestern over Northeastern
07 -- Indiana over Indiana St.
06 -- Iowa over Montana

skinny_uncle
September 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Not to mention the whole Youngstown problem.
:D

CID1990
September 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
The Big Ten will have another win in two weeks when The Citadel plays Wisconsin.

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2007, 12:41 PM

Here's the link

WAY TO GO RONBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
The Big Ten will have another win in two weeks when The Citadel plays Wisconsin.

CitDog better not see your words.

REMEMBER...............................The Alamo.......................or..........

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY

UNHWildCats
September 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM

REMEMBER...............................The Alamo.......................or..........

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY

agreed the dog will put his war with the union on hold to take out CID xlolx xlolx xlolx

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Don't forget Wisconsin beating Western Illinois last year and then Wisconsin beating the Cit this weekend.

On Wisconsin

TheBisonator
September 3rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Didn't Eastern Illinois lose to Illinois last year??

CID1990
September 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY

We are still not the El Cid team of 1992 (although we are heading there) and Wisconsin ain't Arkansas or South Carolina. Plus, their coach is going to remind the Wisconsin players that we are from the SoCon, and not to overlook an FCS team like another Big Ten team did this past weekend.

It won't be bad, but it won't be pretty, either.

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
We are still not the El Cid team of 1992 (although we are heading there) and Wisconsin ain't Arkansas or South Carolina. Plus, their coach is going to remind the Wisconsin players that we are from the SoCon, and not to overlook an FCS team like another Big Ten team did this past weekend.

It won't be bad, but it won't be pretty, either.

It will be very ugly.xeekx

Of course I'm a Wisconsin fan though so who knows. Bret surely won't let his players overlook the Cit next week though.

purduecrum
September 4th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Didn't Eastern Illinois lose to Illinois last year??

And Purdue over Indiana State in '06... All of a sudden 3-5 becomes 3-8 (Wisky over WIU, UIUC over EIU).

I think over the long term the statistics will show the top FCS teams being as successful against the Big Ten as our regional MAC opponents. Is that such a surprise?

CID1990
September 4th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Of course I'm a Wisconsin fan though so who knows. Bret surely won't let his players overlook the Cit next week though.

You better hope the UW coach shows his players the first half video of the El Cid-FSU game from two years ago. Personally, I hope he doesn't. Less than a 21 point loss to Wisconsin would be huge.

citdog
September 4th, 2007, 12:41 PM

It's The Citadel or El Cid. DOUCHE.