PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh...the irony

JohnStOnge
September 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
". Colt Brennan threw for six touchdowns well after midnight ET in Hawaii's 63-6 defeat of Division I-AA Northern Colorado. You do remember how the game came about: Hawaii offered to play Saturday on the road against a highly ranked opponent six time zones away. Michigan opted for the safe harbor of Appalachian State. "

An observation from this page:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=gamedayFinal071

Also a feature article on Edwards.

Same thing almost happened to Auburn back in 1999. The Tigers backed out of a game with Florida State to bring in a "cupcake." Then they ended up having to hit a 38 yard pass with 31 seconds left (I think that was the time) to pull it out 22-15.

In fact, App actually controlled the stats more in that one than they did against Michigan yesterday. Had more first downs, more rushing yards, and more passing yards than Auburn.

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Also from the same link:

If you're counting at home -- and Lloyd Carr bashers, we know you are -- that's now 108 points and 934 passing yards given up by the Maize and Blue during their current three-game losing streak.

IT appears Michigan has some "issues" to address.....xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Sundown
September 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
" You do remember how the game came about: Hawaii offered to play Saturday on the road against a highly ranked opponent six time zones away. Michigan opted for the safe harbor of Appalachian State. "

Pwnt!

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2007, 10:39 AM
well i am glad hawaii backed out ;)!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 11:23 AM
Also from the same link:

IT appears Michigan has some "issues" to address.....xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

If you go back 5 games, Michigan gave up another 26 to Ball St.