PDA

View Full Version : Boone NC celebration

Purple Knight
September 3rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Does anyone know what kind of physical damages were laid on the town of Boone or the campus Saturday?

CSUBUCDAD
September 3rd, 2007, 06:50 AM
Believe it or not, some people know how to celebrate without destroying property in the process. Haven't seen any reports of any sort of thing like you are suggesting.

james_lawfirm
September 3rd, 2007, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know what kind of physical damages were laid on the town of Boone or the campus Saturday?

The only damage I have heard of is that some students jumped the fence & carefully removed two goalposts from Kidd Brewer Stadium. Said goalposts were reportedly ceremoniously placed in Chancellor Peacock's yard after an impromptu parade through the downtown area. In fact, pictures of said parade are in the local paper.

Chancellor Peacock is reported to have said that he thought that was fine. However, no one knows what use the good Chancellor has for said goal posts, other than to return them to the stadium.

The gist of my post is to say that I would be surprised to find widespread mayhem up in Boone after a game like this. Other than the goalposts, I would imagine folks were fairly well behaved.

blueballs
September 3rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
The only damage I have heard of is that some students jumped the fence & carefully removed two goalposts from Kidd Brewer Stadium. Said goalposts were reportedly ceremoniously placed in Chancellor Peacock's yard after an impromptu parade through the downtown area. In fact, pictures of said parade are in the local paper.

Chancellor Peacock is reported to have said that he thought that was fine. However, no one knows what use the good Chancellor has for said goal posts, other than to return them to the stadium.

The gist of my post is to say that I would be surprised to find widespread mayhem up in Boone after a game like this. Other than the goalposts, I would imagine folks were fairly well behaved.

Good to hear... to borrow an old coach's phrase, "Act like you've been there before."

PaladinFan
September 3rd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Wait, App State students tore down the goalposts? Who would've guessed... ::)

Jag4Life
September 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
hell if we would have beat Michigan I would have ran and tore down the goal post by myself. I hope we can beat Houston next year.

Jiggs
September 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/index.php

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2007, 10:20 AM
no damage in town mostly students running around the streets and honking horns everywhere you go!

NDSUFREAK
September 3rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2007/0827web/win4.jpg
xlolx xlolx

HiHiYikas
September 3rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Usually, I gripe about ASU fans tearing down goalposts. We haven't had a good reason to do it since the 2005 semi-finals (which was justified not due to the opponent, but for the first-ever trip to the NC). Not one victory since that day has been shocking, unexpected, or unprecedended - until Saturday. This almost makes me forget the whole "Sid Bream/Braves win the NLCS goalpost debacle back in the 90's." That's probably the low point in KBS history in my book.

It's good to see some well-deserved, hard, non-destructive celebration in Boone. I wish I was there.

james_lawfirm
September 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Good to hear... to borrow an old coach's phrase, "Act like you've been there before."

Great quote. From Coach Russell?