PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs. Iowa State

igo4uni
September 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
UNI lost by a FG wide right last year. I think that we can go to Ames and beat Iowa State this year.

thoughts??

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
I don't see why not. But ISU might use the ASU win as motivation but chances are they think it's a fluke. Ram another fluke down their throats.xnodx

rcny46
September 3rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Iowa State didn't exactly distinguish themselves on Thursday night in a loss to Kent State;I think UNI definitely has an excellent chance of picking up a win next weekend.

Sundown
September 3rd, 2007, 01:02 AM
"Fluke" the snot out of 'em, UNI.

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
Iowa State didn't exactly distinguish themselves on Thursday night in a loss to Kent State;I think UNI definitely has an excellent chance of picking up a win next weekend.

That's exactly what I was thinking (except I couldn't remember who they'd played).....just remember seeing the score and thinking "wow". I'd bet even money UNI wins this one.... xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Iowa State fans are scared.

skinny_uncle
September 3rd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Go get 'em, Panthers!

bcrawf
September 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
I really think we win this one and pretty convincingly. Gene Chizik is figuring out that the talent level at Auburn and Texas is a little different than the talen level in Ames...

UNI 34
ISU 21

Mountain Panther
September 3rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
We should win the battle upfront as ISU graduated quite a few linemen. Sanders is known to step up in these big games so I think if he stays sharp and flawless we'll come out on top.

Mountain Panther
September 3rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Go get 'em, Panthers!

Thanks DAWG.....and good luck with your battle-of-the-dogs this weekend at Northern Ill.

Will Mike Vick be in the stands with a wad of cash for THIS dog fight?

Mountain Panther
September 3rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking (except I couldn't remember who they'd played).....just remember seeing the score and thinking "wow". I'd bet even money UNI wins this one.... xthumbsupx

Kent State isn't exactly terrible....they did go 6-6 last year.

alleycat
September 3rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
If the D-Line can get into the backfield, UNI has great shot to beat the Cyclones. On a side note this game will be on Sirius channel 110 on Saturday.

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
Iowa State looks terrible this year. You guys can do it!xnodx

Hansel
September 3rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
The clones may be the fourth best FB team in the state

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Kent State isn't exactly terrible....they did go 6-6 last year.

Wasn't their last game a loss to Ball St, a NDSU win.

Go Panthers xthumbsupx

Go Bison
September 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hey UNI, don't let Iowa State upset you.

Reed Rothchild
September 3rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
I really don't know what to think of this game. ISU played bad last week but teams make the first improvement between the first and second week. A promising note is that UNI did show some flashes of greatness thursday but looked terrible at points.

The key to this game is whether or not UNI can put pressure on the ISU QB Brett Meyer. He makes bad decisions when pressured and has an extremely quick trigger. UNI got 4 turnovers off them last year and that will be huge again.

skinny_uncle
September 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks DAWG.....and good luck with your battle-of-the-dogs this weekend at Northern Ill.

Will Mike Vick be in the stands with a wad of cash for THIS dog fight?
xlolx

Don't know about Mike Vick. He's not my problem.
We are already getting trolls from NIU on Salukitalk. The first (cyberdog) arrived before the season even started. This is a good game when we we schedule it. Out of the last seven games with the Huskies only one had a margin over ten points and only two had a margin over five. No wonder it sells a lot of tickets in Dekalb.

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
UNI-17
ISU-10

Go Panthers.

HI54UNI
September 3rd, 2007, 07:40 PM
The clones may be the fourth best FB team in the state

xlolx xlolx

I have faith in the Panthers. UNI by a touchdown.

ShowMeBear2
September 3rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Iowa State had it going on for a while and now they dropped off again.

BobbyMo
September 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
I think and hope UNI pulls another one out for the FCS.

blur2005
September 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Considering the Cyclones somehow lost to Kent State, I'd say UNI could blow up the Cyclones. Eric Sanders blows up for 300 yards and a couple tds is my call.

SirApp
September 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
This was the upset I had pegged at the beginning of the season. UNI wins but a sizable margin.

ysuallthetime
September 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
UNI wins BIG!!!

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Iowa State had a hard time against the rush, especially keeping the QB under control. I think we might be ok with that. :D

Purple Reign
September 4th, 2007, 08:52 AM
This was the upset I had pegged at the beginning of the season. UNI wins but a sizable margin.

Hey SirApp------Way to represent!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

andy7171
September 4th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I can see it now Sunday Morning SportsCenter, "First Michigan and now Iowa State, is it time to give respect to D.II?"

Cap'n Cat
September 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM
We haven't beaten them in 13 years. It will not be easy. Tremendous pressure on Iowa and Iowa State to never lose to UNI.

Hope the Cats pull one out. Wish I could go, too.

:(

Mountain Panther
September 4th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I can see it now Sunday Morning SportsCenter, "First Michigan and now Iowa State, is it time to give respect to D.II?"

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ysubigred
September 4th, 2007, 09:24 AM
We haven't beaten them in 13 years. It will not be easy. Tremendous pressure on Iowa and Iowa State to never lose to UNI.

Hope the Cats pull one out. Wish I could go, too.

:(

ISU 45 UNI 2

:D xlolx

Khan4Cats
September 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM

Since we didn't hear a lot on the national scene about Nichols' victory over Rice, I am not sure another Iowa State loss is going to raise eyebrows. Some might even believe the Cyclones play in Division II already, since they are in the Big XII North Subdivision.xrulesx

andy7171
September 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Since we didn't hear a lot on the national scene about Nichols' victory over Rice, I am not sure another Iowa State loss is going to raise eyebrows. Some might even believe the Cyclones play in Division II already, since they are in the Big XII North Subdivision.xrulesx

Rice has a football team? ;)

HI54UNI
September 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
UNI 45 YSU 2

:D xlolx

Fixed it for ya! xsmiley_wix