PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State @ Bama State

SU Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Did any of the JSU guys go?

Killer Bees
September 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
JSU brought a very nice crowd to Montgomery. I was impressed.

JaxSinfonian
September 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
I was there. Disappointing showing by the Gamecocks, good game by the Hornets. Our defense was making up for our lack of offensive production until the end of the first half. ASU kept pounding away until they found their way through to the end zone.

Had a good time in the parking lot before the game. State fans certainly know how to tailgate! They also had a very good home crowd in the stands. It was also good to see two of the South's great marching bands in the same stadium. All I had for video/photos was my cell phone. This was the best I could do:

Marching Southerners clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1RBFVeXQ7s).
Mighty Marching Hornets clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrTV75Agv0).

State fans were friendly, and the crowd gave our band (with an admittedly very different style from what they see week in and week out) a warm response.

I look forward to hosting the Hornets, their fans and band on the return game next year. Hopefully the outcome will be more to my liking.

SU Jag
September 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Glad to see that you guys enjoyed the SWAC atmosphere, it was a great game from what I've been told.xthumbsupx Is JSU's offense young this year?

JaxSinfonian
September 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Glad to see that you guys enjoyed the SWAC atmosphere, it was a great game from what I've been told.xthumbsupx Is JSU's offense young this year?

I'm sure its was a great game for Hornets fans. Very frustrating for me. Eight times JSU drove to the 30 or closer, and only had four field goals to show for it. We slowly built a lead and then just watched it get whittled away.

There are nine freshmen and sophomores on the offensive two-deep. We seem very young on the o-line, but that's nothing new. Those positions seem to be in Never Never Land - we never grow up. We have a little more depth at quarterback this year with a senior starter and a quality junior transfer, but that doesn't seem to have helped - we rotated seemingly at random throughout the game, even putting our star WR in at QB for a few snaps (He was recruited at QB, but the staff converted him when he got here. He's the best player on the team).

ASU had some big bruisers on the def. line., and they seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted. Our QBs were on the run often, and we were caught several times for loss in the backfield. The Hornets simply outplayed us, especially down the stretch.

SU Jag
September 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Their running back, Jay Peck #20 is a good one.