PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Fans

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
I just wanted to comment on the Michigan fans. Everyone we ran into up in Ann Arbor, and the whole state of Michigan, was very nice. Although we did not really meet many fans before the game, those we met during and after the game were polite, well-behaved, and quite complimentary.

A number of folks came up to us (my wife & 2 sons) to congratulate us on a good game. One guy offered to trade his Mich. cap for my wife's ASU cap, which she did.

And, there were a WHOLE BUNCH of them at the Big House. What a great facility! My point is that even though their team lost, and I am sure they were disappointed, they showed great sportsmanship and class! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

There are other college football venues where obnoxious fans are a problem. But all of those places (and you all know who you are) could learn a whole bunch from the Michigan fans.

I wish all college football fans were as well-behaved and shows such good sportsmanship.

GreatAppSt
September 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Except for one AZZ before the game I'll second your motion.xthumbsupx xbowx

bshgriz
September 2nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Oh how those fans change when dOSU goes to the big house. And I don't care about them being rivals they are the biggest dicks you will ever see. Same goes for dOSU fans in columbus though.

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
I've been talking to Michigan fans regarding my upcoming trip to AA and so far all of them have been pretty cordial.

Kind of makes you wish they didn't have to be the victim. xlolx
(ie Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Miami fans)

chantster
September 2nd, 2007, 06:06 PM
First off, congrats on a great win. And to be there in person must of been awesome.

I found this clip of App Fans at the Big House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFxzAp1Lf8&NR=1

phillyAPP
September 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
I just wanted to comment on the Michigan fans. Everyone we ran into up in Ann Arbor, and the whole state of Michigan, was very nice. Although we did not really meet many fans before the game, those we met during and after the game were polite, well-behaved, and quite complimentary.

A number of folks came up to us (my wife & 2 sons) to congratulate us on a good game. One guy offered to trade his Mich. cap for my wife's ASU cap, which she did.

And, there were a WHOLE BUNCH of them at the Big House. What a great facility! My point is that even though their team lost, and I am sure they were disappointed, they showed great sportsmanship and class! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

There are other college football venues where obnoxious fans are a problem. But all of those places (and you all know who you are) could learn a whole bunch from the Michigan fans.

I wish all college football fans were as well-behaved and shows such good sportsmanship.

I agree 100% -- It is hard to explain.

I met your wife in the charlotte airport, I think. she had her "M" hat on that she traded.

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
First off, congrats on a great win. And to be there in person must of been awesome.

I found this clip of App Fans at the Big House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFxzAp1Lf8&NR=1

If you liked that clip, you will love this one. Check the credits at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBjdka9uEw&NR=1

Never mind the Apple-A-chun, Apple-A-Chun!

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Oh how those fans change when dOSU goes to the big house. And I don't care about them being rivals they are the biggest dicks you will ever see. Same goes for dOSU fans in columbus though.

Yes, I have heard of the behavioral changes reserved especially for the Buckeyes. However, speaking of my own personal experience, more fans of all teams should take note of Wolverine fans' civil and sportsmanlike behavior.

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
I agree 100% -- It is hard to explain.

I met your wife in the charlotte airport, I think. she had her "M" hat on that she traded.

Cool. Yep, she had her M cap on while flying.

blukeys
September 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Yes, I have heard of the behavioral changes reserved especially for the Buckeyes. However, speaking of my own personal experience, more fans of all teams should take note of Wolverine fans' civil and sportsmanlike behavior.

Glad to hear your views. All UD fans were pulling for App. State but some of us did so with mixed emotions. Two of our College Hall of Fame coaches, Dave Nelson and Tubby Raymond are Michigan alums. They both were very vocal in their aknowledgement of the contributions that Michigan gave to their careers.

I'm pleased you were treated with dignity and respect. Based on UD's knowledge of the standards set by Nelson and Raymond we would expect no less.

lambertjr
September 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM

You have obviously not browsed thru any of the Michigan message boards.
They're acting slightly unhinged right nowxrotatehx

RobsPics
September 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM

Those are the bandwagoning and frontrunning "fans".

JohnStOnge
September 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
When I looked at the video on the App State fans at the game I saw a link to a video of Ohio State fans celebrating Michigan getting beaten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0jePmKPEM0&NR=1

Yep. I think that's a rivalry. You'd think they'd have some negative feelings about a Big 10 team being beaten. Nope.

JohnStOnge
September 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Penn State fans too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czx8Db4IH0&NR=1

Not a lot of Big 10 conference loyalty out there!

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM

You're right. I was talking solely about those I met face to face.

OL FU
September 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM

That is good to hearxnodx

OL FU
September 3rd, 2007, 07:58 AM

Some teams don't give a crap if you are there rival or some lil private school from Greenvegas. Directly speaking of the assholes in Gainesville Floridaxrolleyesx

Jag4Life
September 3rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
I'm glad ya'll were treated real well and I congrat Michigan fans for not acting crazy after they lost.

Cocky
September 3rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Going to be bad when Michigan beats OSU and PSU.

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
i am sure some were that way but i heard others were not so much...