PDA

View Full Version : FCS vs FBS Yearly Game?

UNHWildCats
September 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Should the NCAA work out something where the FCS Playoff Champion plays the FBC Bowl Championship Series Champion to kick off the following season each year?

Theres obviously a few reasons to say no like...a team in one year isnt going to be the same team next year. Or that you cant expect teams to leave an open spot on the schedule in hopes they win a championship.

But after yesterdays game I think there could be more interest in the top team of each subdivision playing even if it happens to kick off the next season.

Maybe the NCAA could grant an extra game to the two champions and play it a week before the season were to start.

Thoughts???

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
I'm unsure, it would be great exposure, but imagine, if we had a cinderella team make it because they had one great guy. Then he graduates but then ol Wofford or someone has to play USC!! It could be ugly.

mistersykes
September 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
I say no. While there could be the rare upset, it would be very one-sided. The FCS would be big news, but the FBS wins would just be old hat, whats expected. I don't think that there would be a really big following.

already123
September 2nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
I dont know about the 2 D-1 national champions playing each other, but I wouldnt mind seeing a top 10 team play the FCS champion every year...that would be exciting and GREAT exposure for FCS play!!!

FCS Preview
September 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Where would the game be played? At the FBS school? At a neutral site? Who would pay the expenses? App State got $400,000 for the game, while Michigan got the revenues from 109,000 people. Would the NCAA kick in the money and guarantee each team say $500,000? Would enough people be interested in the game at a neutral site to cover the expenses?

UNHWildCats
September 2nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Where would the game be played? At the FBS school? At a neutral site? Who would pay the expenses? App State got $400,000 for the game, while Michigan got the revenues from 109,000 people. Would the NCAA kick in the money and guarantee each team say $500,000? Would enough people be interested in the game at a neutral site to cover the expenses?

Very good questions.

I would say play it at thye FBS stadium of the participating school only cause it would hold more fans.

For the money I think the NCAA determines what it costs to run the stadium fore the game minus that from the days revenue and whats left the two schools split.

patssle
September 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
No.

App's win...while being a huge upset...would not be a common occurance. No other team in FCS could of done what they did...not even Montana.

Golden Eagle
September 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
The College All-Star team used to play the defending NFL Champions in Chicago in the following preseason. But the NFLers won for like 20 years in a row and they finally just cancelled it.

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
We could call it the "Rocky" Bowl.

http://www.ug.bcc.bilkent.edu.tr/~gultan/rocky%20balboa.jpg