PDA

View Full Version : Lenoir-Rhyne/Appy State Prediction Thread

Cap'n Cat
September 2nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Will an overconfident App State show up and let their guard down, ala Michigan, or will they keep their heads and go about the game-by-game businesslike approach to a successful season?

Appy 40
L-R 3

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 12:52 AM
We're not pulling a Montana State. It's already been mentioned on the MMB that L-R should not be out Chadron State.

If we can beat Michigan, then by every right L-R could beat us. We must respect what they could do and play just as hard next week as we did this week.

Thankfully we have a good history of not overlooking these games. I'm confident that Jerry Moore will make sure that the players come back down to earth.

ASU 38-0.

Appstate29
September 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM
LRC is no cupcake and they have a damn fine coach, and seeing how they are just down the mtn, they will bring some fans too.

ASU-35
LRC-14

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
Lenoir Rhyne 34
App State 32

:D

catdaddy2402
September 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM
There will be a let down, but Appy State won for a reason today.

Mountaineers 38 Bears 21

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 01:17 AM
Lenoir Rhyne 34
App State 32

xlolxxlolxxlolx

AppAlum96
September 2nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
We're not pulling a Montana State. It's already been mentioned on the MMB that L-R should not be out Chadron State.

If we can beat Michigan, then by every right L-R could beat us. We must respect what they could do and play just as hard next week as we did this week.

Thankfully we have a good history of not overlooking these games. I'm confident that Jerry Moore will make sure that the players come back down to earth.

ASU 38-0.

One thing that worries me was a loss to VMI in the last game of the season in the mid-90's that would've secured a home playoff game and a conference championship. That was definitely an overlooked opponent.

WCU LawCat
September 2nd, 2007, 02:16 AM
Armanti Edwards starts at Offensive Guard
Kerry Brown starts at QB
Jerry Moore starts at tailback

LR 2
App 5,200,007

gvilleapp
September 2nd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Lenoir Rhyne 34
App State 32

Bartender, yes, I'll have what he's having.

th0m
September 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Bartender, yes, I'll have what he's having.

Hey that's what most people said when predictions of ASU staying within 2 TD's of Michigan surfaced these boards....

I'm not sayin', just sayin'.....

mountain man
September 2nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
I dont think LR/App is the same comparsion as App/Michigan. LR was at the bottom of the conference in DII last year. This is the conference that MARS HILL dominated. At least App was the top dog of FCS going into AA.

jhbeagle
September 2nd, 2007, 08:09 AM
LR 30
App 29

Blocked field goal!!!!!!

Just kidding...........

LR 3
App 56

EmeryZach
September 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
ASU 55- LRC 0

HiHiYikas
September 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
L-R had ASU's number back in the day - they manhandled the mountaineers for almost a decade back when both were in NAIA, and L-R was a national-champion-type powerhouse.

No score prediction, though I do hope the Mountaineer starters get some rest after a grueling afternoon in Ann Arbor. The euphoria can only keep the soreness away for so long, and the post-Labor-Day season is pretty long.

TheBisonator
September 2nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
Lenoir-Rhyne 13
App State 47

mistersykes
September 3rd, 2007, 12:01 AM
Lenoir-Rhyne 13
App State 47

This sounds about right. I hope our players will get enough rest. I'm sure they won't be overlooking L-H.

OL FU
September 3rd, 2007, 07:48 AM
This is a great week for a let down unfortunately they are playing LRxmadx xsmiley_wix

Mountain Panther
September 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Edwards will be the starting QB for L-R, just to make things even.

ngineer
September 3rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Lenoir-Rhyne has had some difficult times. It's been awhile that they've had any measure of success. Some years back they were making a comeback of sorts, still losing records but losing a number of close games. Had a good coach named Bill Hart, but he must not have been winning quick enough,so he got fired. Program regresssed..maybe it's on the way back, but they've had their problems...Still, this game would be a huge galvanizing event for them, so they should come hell-bent-for-leather. With nothing to lose, I'd pull out every gadget play we had and do the unexpected. If there was ever a game Lenoir-Rhyne had that could be a turning point in a program, this will be it. Still, the head says ASU will use the entire bench...56-14....

TheRock21
September 3rd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Lenior Rhyne was picked to finish last in their conference, got beat 27-13 by Virginia Union..........this one will be over by the end of the 1st qtr.

59-0 ASU continues to ROLL.......Bring it BABY!!!!!!!!!

catamount man
September 3rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Mountaineers roll over Fred Goldsmith's Bears 52-0.

I feel for LR DC Mike Houston this week having to stop Edwards, Richardson, and Jackson. WOW!!!xeekx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ronpayne
September 3rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
Lenior Rhyne was picked to finish last in their conference, got beat 27-13 by Virginia Union..........this one will be over by the end of the 1st qtr.

59-0 ASU continues to ROLL.......Bring it BABY!!!!!!!!!

I was at that game - I had the privilege of being invited to bring my hs band to the game. While L-R played hard, they were beat pretty handily by Virginia Union, and weren't really in the game from the get go. So, here's my take.

ASU scores equal to or greater than 63
L-R scores equal to or less than 14, but only after the 1st team defense shuts them out the first quarter, lynch blocks every kick they attempt including kickoffs, and our young d-line has 4 sacks. xlolx xlolx xlolx

ncman071
September 3rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
Trey Elder plays most of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. ASU doesn't run up the score. 48 - 7 Apps.

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Trey Elder plays most of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. ASU doesn't run up the score. 48 - 7 Apps.

i completely agree... and those 7 will occur against the 3rd string d in the fourth quarter...
we dont roll up the score against anyone including mars hill last year

ElonPride
September 3rd, 2007, 11:32 AM
L-R had ASU's number back in the day - they manhandled the mountaineers for almost a decade back when both were in NAIA, and L-R was a national-champion-type powerhouse.

No score prediction, though I do hope the Mountaineer starters get some rest after a grueling afternoon in Ann Arbor. The euphoria can only keep the soreness away for so long, and the post-Labor-Day season is pretty long.

Yuo are correct.....and if I'm not mistaken, L-R was the FIRST team in North Carolina to make it to a National Championship game in any division of football (Elon being the 1st to actually win one). But.......that was a long time ago and is of no consequence now.

App 45
LR 7

HiHiYikas
September 3rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yuo are correct.....and if I'm not mistaken, L-R was the FIRST team in North Carolina to make it to a National Championship game in any division of football (Elon being the 1st to actually win one). But.......that was a long time ago and is of no consequence now.

App 45
LR 7
L-R's football page online has a picture of this year's team with the caption "2007 Lenoir Rhyne Football team, 1960 NAIA chapmpions."

L-R lost in the title game in 1959, won the title in 1960, and then lost in the 1963 title game. That's the era when the Bears routinely, handily beat the Mountaineers.

Elon's first title appearance wasn't until 1973, and the titles didn't come until 1980 and 1981.

Eyes of Old Main
September 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Appalachian will probably come out very high on emotion for the home fans, but I expect some measure of a hangover. However, I don't see much of a threat and the Mountaineers will ultimately take care of business. I see something like a 48-14 game with it getting out of hand late.

Eyes of Old Main
September 3rd, 2007, 05:08 PM
This is a great week for a let down unfortunately they are playing LRxmadx xsmiley_wix

Exactly, I'd much rather have Appalachian in Spartanburg this weekend than in three weeks.

LehighFan11
September 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
This is a very easy pregame speech by Coach Moore to make sure his kids dont overlook LR. All he has to say is "did you c that app st v. michigan game last week?"

walliver
September 3rd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Unless ASU installs some new offense before next week, I don't see how they prevent themselves from running up the score. Maybe they could put Miss Teen SC in at quarterback and run quarterback sneaks all day, but I suspect their 2d and 3d teams will roll up the yardage:
ASU 77 L-R 0

uofmman1122
September 3rd, 2007, 06:10 PM
I think it'll end up out of L-R's reach, but I'll say they scare ASU a little.....in the first quarter. lol

17-14 after 1 quarter

56-14 Final

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
L-R has been looking to this game, much like ASU was looking to the Michigan game. I predict L-R comes out with guns blazing, scores the first TD, and hangs on to win a close game 34-32 on a last second blocked field goal.

Wait. That was LAST Saturday. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Never mind. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

edit: do all you App State fans realize that the way you're talking about L-R is the EXACT way Michigan fans felt about the game with YOU before Saturday?

At the very least, don't by hypocritcal. xrolleyesx xcoolx

GreatAppSt
September 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
This will be a huge welcoming home game in front of a huge crowd. No let down.

T-Dog
September 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM

I heard a rumor on the MMB that Elder might start the game as Edwards is a little banged up.

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I heard a rumor on the MMB that Elder might start the game as Edwards is a little banged up.

I asked this question on one of the 50 other threads regarding the ASU/Michigan game, but it went unanswered....

How did ASU come out on the injury front? xconfusedx

gophoenix
September 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
all you App State fans realize that the way you're talking about L-R is the EXACT way Michigan fans felt about the game with YOU before Saturday?

At the very least, don't by hypocritcal.

The pot meeting the kettle like this happens a lot in FCS. Not just App fans, there are plenty of people guilty of crying about no respect from FBS which talking terribly about lower FCS and D-II schools.... this is nothing new, so don't single out the App fans for it.

dgreco
September 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
unless it was NWMSU or GVSU i dont think App should be worried, App will win by 4 TD's

james_lawfirm
September 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
I asked this question on one of the 50 other threads regarding the ASU/Michigan game, but it went unanswered....

How did ASU come out on the injury front? xconfusedx

Actually, we had remarkably few injuries. A WR (name? - starts w/ a "C") got a stinger early in the game, but came back in & caught a crucial pass late in the game, so he's OK.

But, I would guess that there were more than the usual bumps and bruises. Those were some big boys playing on the other side of the ball.

woffordgrad94
September 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
The final will be whatever ASU wants it to be. They could win 100-0 if they wanted to, though I'm sure they will show more class than that. I say 58-7 just as a guess.

SirApp
September 3rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Actually, we had remarkably few injuries. A WR (name? - starts w/ a "C") got a stinger early in the game, but came back in & caught a crucial pass late in the game, so he's OK.

But, I would guess that there were more than the usual bumps and bruises. Those were some big boys playing on the other side of the ball.

T.J. Courman was the one that got banged up. Made that great touchdown in the 1st quarter. All the way through, no long term, bad injuries. Just the usual bumps and bruises. I believe Suttle will be out one more week and the rumor is Armanti will be out. We should be fine on the injury front going into this game.

HiHiYikas
September 4th, 2007, 04:02 PM
ESPN interviewed L-R coach Fred Goldsmith about this Saturday's game. Good comments about the quality of FCS football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3003877&n8pe6c=2

B&G
September 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Prior to the season starting I know people weren't too thrilled with ASU playing a D-II school but it looks like a pretty expert job of scheduling. I think Trey will hold down the fort in a matchup that will allow him to gain back some confidence and flow for the game. ASU should dispatch of L-R by about 30 or so.

lizrdgizrd
September 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
LR 17
ASU 52

APPGRAD91
September 4th, 2007, 05:07 PM
The word I am hearing is that Trey Elder will get the nod at quarterback with Edwards seeing no action. He is officially listed as day to day with a sore shoulder. Prediction

ASU 55
LR 7

Go...gate
September 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
ASU 50-14